Could aliens ever successfully invade planet Earth?

Author: Benjamin

Total: 116
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
Aliens (intelligent aliens) and demons are two different concepts. One reasons, the other is bad for the sake of being bad, literally. You chuck out nuance once you adapt the concept of demons as invading aliens.
Demons are only considered evil cause monotheism  says so.  Most demons are associated with a type of knowledge. But I agree an alien would be someone from another planet where a demon is a spiritual being on the astral plane.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Most demons are associated with a type of knowledge.
I think only the popular ones are. But you’re right many of them come with themes.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
I repeat: you propose hypotheticals, and deny mine?

who says there cannot be a planet of demons? Your sock puppet?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
I repeat: you propose hypotheticals, and deny mine?

who says there cannot be a planet of demons? Your sock puppet?
Are they just “demons” in name only, or are they supernatural?
Do they develop their knowledge and technology, or do they just summon it out of thin air?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Are they just “demons”...
Yes, or, no.

Do they develop...
Yes, or no.

I'm not writing a novel about this. I flesh out characters for a novel, but for this hypothetical? Nope. I could, but the need lacks.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
There are some obvious parameters of “Could aliens ever successfully invade planet Earth?”
I don’t think it would it include literal demons.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
I don't think...
And therein is a problem with some who cannot imagine a condition beyond the end of the nose...

They don't think. You said it; I'll acknowledge.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Benjamin
Assumption: Intelligent aliens exist, and they match or outperform our intelligence. They also have a technological head start

Question: would the aliens be able to launch a successful invasion of Earth?

I don't know, depends what 'space, and space travel 'is.
I sure don't know.
Sure I know what space 'is, and spaceships, but our current understanding and application, is primitive I suspect.
Including our theories on what we 'should be doing.
Technological development is often surprising and unexpected, to the layman, I assume.

Question maybe similar to Aztecs asking if some unknown culture across the great ocean, could successfully invade their empire.
Assuming they didn't know how 'large the Earth was.

Of course if technology can still be assumed to have room for improvement, A theoretical enemy 'advanced enough, of course 'could defeat an inferiorly advanced foe.

Real question isn't whether it 'could happen,
But whether the conditions 'required for such exist.
I 'think.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
and therein is a problem with some who cannot imagine a condition beyond the end of the nose...
Coming from someone who externalises internal fears. Why promote demons in the first place?

They don't think. You said it; I'll acknowledge.
They don’t think? What?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Benjamin
Let's say Mars was a copy of Earth, but Mar's technology is 2000 years behind ours.
Could we currently invade it?
Sure we could.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
I mention demons, brought up by another, and now I promote them?  Exaggeration is not your friend, yet you embrace as if a brother. My mention is not promotion, merely acknowledgement. Try to separate your emotion from your argument; it's bloody dripping with collaboration. Neither help one another, nor you.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
How about you make another topic; Could demons ever successfully invade planet Earth?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Your idea. What's stopping you from doing it?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
I’m not interested in talking about them. But you are.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
You are fixated on the errant belief that I brought up demons. For the third time, I did not; RM did. Go pester him, little boy.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
You were calling me a friend before but now you’re calling me a little boy. Do you like making friends with little boys?

Two can play at straw men. 
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
If a race of aliens could conquer traversing the vast distances in space, they absolutely could invade earth with almost no meaningful resistance to their technology. THe question, particularly, as the origin of these theoretical aliens gets further and further away from earth, is why would they want to? THey wouldn't need our resources, and the further away they are, the less technologically advance we'd seem. Even if you go the relatively short distance of 500 light years away, our planet would look like it did in 1521. There's nothing of interest to space faring aliens in 1520. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
You're acting like a little boy by constantly pestering on a point that is wrong. For the fourth time, I did not raise the matter of demons. Got that straight, now?
Advice from a friend.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
You promoted demons on a topic that has nothing to do with them. RM wasn’t being serious. If he was, he would be as guilty as you.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
I promoted...?

My #26: "For that matter, why can't demons be physical beings?"

That, to you, is promotion? I'm merely suggesting an added material composite. Promotion:  "I. To advance the interests of, move to a stronger or more prominent position." According to my OED. Is suggesting demons be physical a promotion? Seems spirits have a greater flexibility than we do. Demotion, if anything.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
By advocating demons on a topic that has nothing to do with them, you are promoting them.

Stop trying to straw man me.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
A topic that has nothing to do with them? As if there are rules, here? Just who do you think you are, establishing rules? Gonna take your ball and go home, little boy?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
There are unwritten rules for any conversation, old bag.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Unwritten rules. And these are abided by...  little boys who pretend to read? Well, I am far too literate to read a black page, so, I'm done.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Lemming
No.

First, our rockets aren't developed enough to go to mars in a round trip and carry more than just like 6 people. SpaceX is working on that but even that would take a decade for the technology to exist and many more years for people to be able to establish a colony there.

Seconds, the people of the Han Dynasty or the Roman Empire already know how to use spears and axes. If we land there they will see us as invaders and stab us to death. We would need massive amounts of gunpowder just to ensure survival from the ignorant fools who think we are literal invaders even if we aren't yet.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
No need for a round trip.
Need encourages innovation.
All they'd have to do, is claim they're Gods, kill a few of the unbelievers, preform a few miracles, and direct their loyal followers unto conquest.
Gunpowder can be manufactured in greater quantities upon arrival.
. . .
Though maybe the invaders end up stabbed.