Could aliens ever successfully invade planet Earth?

Author: Benjamin

Total: 116
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101

Yet you’ve brought up demons on a topic about aliens. 
Doing poor research is one sign of mental instability, my friend, yet you accuse that of me? You will notice that it was RM's #14 post that brings up demons, not me, babe. Take it somewhere else. Take yourself with it.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Minimal effort is relative to how technologically advanced they. It might be more efficient for them to fire one of their spare anti-matter-warp-drive-missiles at us, than to throw a big rock. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
My point still stands.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Benjamin
Infinitely destructible lasers...One would imagine that the Universe would eventually run out of energy....Unless the Universe was infinite of course.....And our inability to know is what  bounds realism.

Though the answer to the question remains the same.....If they could, they could and if they couldn't they couldn't.
Benjamin
Debates: 92
Benjamin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
"cuz I say they have it lul" technology
Great wording. 

Well, I actually agree with you. That's why the topic of my actual debate is an alien invasion of Earth's surface. In that respect, I think nukes kill space fleets.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
What point? The errant point that I brought up demons? Sorry, that bird has flown, so that must be an egg, not a point on the head. You have no point.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
@fauxlaw
RationalMadman:
They already have, they control our richest and most powerful and have another name; demons.
Were you serious, or were you just messing around? Fauxlaw doesn’t know.

Fauxlaw:
What point? The errant point that I brought up demons? Sorry, that bird has flown, so that must be an egg, not a point on the head. You have no point
You certainly didn’t shut it down. You promoted the existence of physical demons.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
Let me know when you meet your angelic aliens that made an evil world.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
Fauxlaw was the one that proposed aliens could be spiritual beings. Don’t encourage him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
And what do you think they are and where is your proof?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
You don’t seriously believe “Could aliens ever successfully invade planet Earth?” isn’t a hypothetical question?
How many brain worms do you have?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
Brain worms must have good taste if I have some and you repel them.
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@RationalMadman
Wow! What a comeback!
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
A real smooth brain. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
Bit late for that insult since you admitted worms are eating it so it would be wrinkly and indented regardless.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
I asked how many you had. You’re the one that bit hook, line, and sinker, and worm.
So you have quite a few then.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Lol nah, but thanks
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Reece101
You are blocked, troll.
Reece101
Reece101
I thought I was being trolled.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Come on, guys! Let's not forget that everyone is already replaced by a robot clone and controlled by magical demons. Nobody has a biological brain anymore.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Benjamin
Well, I actually agree with you. That's why the topic of my actual debate is an alien invasion of Earth's surface. In that respect, I think nukes kill space fleets.
There are advantages and disadvantages for both sides in a space fleet vs planetary force battle, but realistically such a scenario is only going to happen in the case of some human vs human conflict.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@fauxlaw
Because spiritual beings exist on the spiritual plane/ dimension, not the physical one. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
You certainly didn’t shut it down. You promoted the existence of physical demons.

Was I supposed to shut it down? Oh, pity me! I'm such a dolt. I didn't ask RM if he was serious.  We're dealing here with hypotheticals. You can propose hype, but I cannot? You entered that realm in your #22, "If we're dealing here with..." That's a hypothetical, because "if" introduces a factor that is currently not true, as Benjamin began this string you've managed to disrupt by pettiness. You can theorize, but I cannot?, nor anyone else? Who made you grand fubah?  

Then, still in #22, concluding your hype, you say:

1. They already far outmatch our technology. 

2. They’ll probably be on a campaign to wipe out life that they deem threatening.
So, if their tech outmatches ours, what is the rationale that they find us threatening, and thus must be wiped out? What threat, if were stone age by comparison, and they can hurl stones interstellar distances? When we've barely hurled a stone beyond our little solar system? Economies of scale, my friend, find you sorely wanting. What RM may have intended by his introduction of demons is so far outside your reach, does it matter that you don't know, either, since you asked, and I didn't? You can theorize, just make sure your theory holds water. Your #22 can't hold a drop. Nope, just shift the blame of ignorance to fauxlaw, and you're cool. Glad you can sense temp, because there's not much else in the brain bucket. I'm done with your pettiness. Go accuse someone else, for a change, but be certain your weapon is not a mirror. Shows all your faults, too.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I have personal experience to know that the spiritual plane and ours can intersect. And why not? Spiritual and physical beings are both material; spirit is a more refined material than physical, but is still physical. Can you see the wind if it has not kicked-up dust? Yet, it is physical material; we just don't see it.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@fauxlaw
Not saying those worlds can't intersect but I still think spirit beings are limited in what they can do here with no body. I believe in angels and demons, don't think they run around effecting people all over the place. Same for elves and dwarves. Same for elementals and wights. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I agree with all you say. The intersections are brief, and infrequent. I feel tremendously fortunate to have had the experience I did, in a completely awakened state, aware of my surroundings, a hospital room, alone, visiting a patient, my father-in-law, to whom I'd become very close over 27 years. He passed quietly away the following morning, with my mother-in-law in hand. That night before, I witnessed unseen, but not unfelt visitors from among the dead, including his mother, in whose home I had frequently been, and was aware of the aromas in that house, present then in the hospital room. I watched as he lay sleeping, unaware of my presence, but reacting to the visitors by frequent motions I eventually recognized as hugging others, all while he remained asleep to my perception. I was witnessing a joyful reunion of many souls, one living, the others, passed on. The room became so crowded, and, although I felt I was invited to witness these events, I suddenly felt I was no longer welcome. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@fauxlaw
In the spiritualist church I attend we do mediations with the intent of mediumship to get messages so spirit is asked to come and visit.  I have experienced the room feeling full you mentioned. You can even get a brushing sensation on your skin or clothes. Often there are lights in the black room if you open your eyes when this happens. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
It is my impression that when these intersection experiences occur, it is by the consent of the spirits to allow our sense of them, and not by our initiation.. I believe they dwell among us, on a different plane, but may be unaware of us unless they will it, so I think they’re in control either way
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
We're dealing here with hypotheticals. You can propose hype, but I cannot?
Aliens (intelligent aliens) and demons are two different concepts. One reasons, the other is bad for the sake of being bad, literally. You chuck out nuance once you adapt the concept of demons as invading aliens.

So, if their tech outmatches ours, what is the rationale that they find us threatening, and thus must be wiped out?What threat, if were stone age by comparison, and they can hurl stones interstellar distances? When we've barely hurled a stone beyond our little solar system? Economies of scale, my friend, find you sorely wanting.
That’s only several thousand years difference. A speck of water in the ocean of time. They could be playing the long game relatively speaking.
We went from the steam engine to the rocket engine within 200 years. Within 30,000 years we might catch up to them due to a whole bunch of circumstances. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
RatMan blocks but they can't ignore.