Could aliens ever successfully invade planet Earth?

Author: Benjamin

Total: 116
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Alright, so where would these physical demons appear from? From hell, or from outer space? Seriously... all you need to to is arrive at a logical conclusion. Is space hell because it’s the unknown? This is archetypal conservatism. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
You're really going to re-establish my opinion, because you don''t like how it was worded, then my justification, and, finally, my extrapolated conclusion, and I've had naught to do with any part of that other than expressing an opinion?  Why don't you just take my identity while you're at it. You've usurped everything else. Back off. My shoes are mine, thanks.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Well if we find aliens, we won’t thrive if our thinking is informed by fundamental Christianity and the consequential fear of the unknown. 
Username
Debates: 9
Username
It's wrong to assume that aliens would have a physical form or that they would be conceptualizable by the human mind.
Benjamin
Debates: 79
Benjamin
-->
@Username
If we assume that the aliens are biological life forms, then yes they are indeed physical and bound by the laws of physics.
Username
Username
-->
@Benjamin
It's incredibly difficult to know given how little we know about alien species. You think that they'd fit in with our classifications but they will not necessarily do so. They may not be biological in the traditional sense, either.

Have you ever seen the aliens from 2001: A Space Odyssey? 
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Username
I have not seen that movie. Yet I know that by "alien" I am referring to the scientifical idea of intelligent (biological) life on other planets. 
Username
Username
-->
@Benjamin
You keep using human classifications to assume things about life forms we could not possibly understand yet. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Username
What human classification are you talking about? We live in a physical universe, that's a fact, not a social construct. Biology is the only viable way for life to exist in our physical universe. Claiming otherwise is to deny established science and would require evidence or a logical demonstration.
Username
Username
-->
@Benjamin
Everything in the universe is physical? 
Username
Username
-->
@Benjamin
I don't deny established science on earth, but I question whether the newest rendition of science is applicable to the whole of the universe and every phenomenon therein, especially since our conceptions of science, physics, logic, etc. are still evolving. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Username
Physicalof or relating to natural science

Yes everything in our universe is physical. At least, if demons existed they would neither be physical nor aliens in the scientific sense.

Username
Username
-->
@Benjamin
It's wrong to assume that aliens would have a physical form
I meant the second definition in that dictionary. 

I don't care what aliens are in the scientific sense. I do not rule out the possibility that there are conscious (or conscious in some sense) beings that exist in a way that is not conceptualizable to human minds, human science, and/or human logic. 

I don't deny established science on earth, but I question whether the newest rendition of science is applicable to the whole of the universe and every phenomenon therein, especially since our conceptions of science, physics, logic, etc. are still evolving. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
the consequential fear of the unknown. 
Who says Christianity results in a fear of the unknown? Your pocket mouse? Faith is the medium by which all fear is defearted. It must be applied, and it is a greater forc e than mere belief. If you don't get that, you don'r understand what failth is, how it operatres, or what it can accomplish. Without it, yes, fear is a mighty force. A force that is in us to repel.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Yes, they could. They are indestructible living metal aliens with faster than light invisible ships with an infinite amount of destructive laser technology.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Seems we are confused about what constitutes a spirit being. Spirit matter is still matter. It just does not have properties we currently understand as being material, or physical, if you want to use that gross concept [gross in the meaning that it is not specified sufficiently]. Spirit matter is refined, and, typically, not seen - as if "seeing" were the only means of its sensation. Consider it something like water, which actually exists in at least three forms: liquid, solid, and gas. There is, however, a fourth. Liquid water requires a. minimum of six molecules of H2O to exhibit as liquid. Five or less, it is not liquid, but something else. It's not solid, and its not really gas, even though the molecule is a combination of two gasses. Spirit matter is something like that. A plasma? Perhaps that is the best scientific description.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Faith is the medium by which all fear is defearted.
Or amplified due to misinformed superstition. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Sum1hugme
No need to worry. We can simply use mirrors to reflect their attacks. Infinitely destructible lasers sure destroy aliens that are merely indestructible x1. 
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Nah bro, mirrors are impractical against their armor piercing bullets when their lasers are being countered.
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Sum1hugme
Hmmm... humans have been known to dodge bullets. Clips of this phenomenon have been recorded and used in popular movies for quite some time. Also, our lovely Donal D. Trump would be more than happy to create a wall to keep these dangerous immigrants out. There is no need to worry, we will get the aliens to pay.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Lol dodging bullets. Have you ever read an account of wartime combat ?
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Sum1hugme

In this popular film, the actor dodged bullets to create this powerful scene. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry impressive I might add.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Films ain't reality brother. In reality, bullets kill faster than a person can move. And alien bullets are gonna be faster with the tracer rockets they install on the backs to propel them faster.
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Sum1hugme
Brother, infinitely destructible lasers don't exist either. 
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Yeah they do, the aliens have them. Remember, they have a technological head start, so I can give them anything I can imagine
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@Sum1hugme
Infinities don't exist within the bounds of realism, and thus aliens cannot scientifically speaking possess infinitely destructible lasers.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Benjamin
Infinities do exist. And the aliens have utilized them
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Faith is a matter that can lead only to truth, if faith is what is being applied. That is its distinction from belief, which only may, but may not lead to truth. Most people align truth and belief together. They may be related, but are not the same thing in that respect. It is impossible to have faith in a lie, or even an unknown that is not true.  It will not ultimately sustain as true, and, by the sure knowledge that it can be revealed by the Holy Spirit, can be perceived without waiting fro God to tell us. In fact, the assuran ce by the Holy Spirit is God telling us. "Waiting for God" is the right characterization. He will reveal as we show our determination to know.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Yet you’ve brought up demons on a topic about aliens. It shows mental instability in the face of nuance.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Sum1hugme
@Benjamin
Either of you want a debate on the topic? My position is that with a sufficiently advanced infrastructure a hypothetical alien race could destroy humanity without even coming to earth, minimal effort and no more advanced an understanding of physics than that which we currently posses, meaning no magic "cuz I say they have it lul" technology. Any takers?