Favorite Scripture

Author: Kadin

Total: 37
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@PGA2.0
Ya know? The rapture and all? We've had a single, very straightforward conversation. IF you forgot what that conversation is, literally just go back and read 'em..
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Theweakeredge
Ya know? The rapture and all? We've had a single, very straightforward conversation. IF you forgot what that conversation is, literally just go back and read 'em..
What rapture? Do you think the Bible teaches a rapture? 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@PGA2.0
Yup... ever read Revalations without choking on the irony?
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yup... ever read Revalations without choking on the irony?
It's singular --> Revelation.

What irony are you speaking of, and where do you get this concept of the rapture from? Please don't wriggle out of an explanation by side-tracking my questions. 

And you never addressed Post 14. (So, what is the nature of His coming?) 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

Totally believe in the have faith in yourself and you can do whatever you want.  Whether any god is involved or not. 

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Nice one.

Luke: I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.
- The Empire Strikes Back -

Though there 'are limits to 'what an individual can accomplish, no matter their belief and confidence.
Belief and confidence, do wonders for people being 'willing to act, and their performance 'in their actions.
. . .
For instance, I'm not one for 'faith healing, believing in literal demon's possessing people, or people of past ages being able to cure epilepsy.

But a theist can still find ways to believe their faith, I'd say.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Lemming
Ya, if it really happened, i'd feel sorry too... but i don't view the Bible as literal. Therefore, as a story, it has a lot of meaning in that basically don't hide yourself from the world bc alone you won't be effecting anything. But then again, if you are good at growing alone... making yourself stronger mentally... i would say you are progressing. Basically, i'm interpreting as don't be stagnant... grow. So even as an under-achiever... what are you achieving for yourself? Even being on a site like this i imagine is helping you grow. So, that's a plus. Everyone has some kind of talent, even if that talent seems meaningless to you, someone else may find it amazing. That's my thought process on this quote anyways... that's why i really like it, it's super complex when you ponder it.