Palestine Terrorist Attacks

Author: Safalcon7

Total: 21
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
Yes, I just called the attacks, the mass-bombing in Palestine a terrorist attack by the Israeli Zionists as opposed to how the world media is attempting to portray it as a "clash" lol. What, terrorism is selectively operated by some disarrayed Muslims only? Define terrorism. Explain why I shouldn't call the Israel and its military nothing but a terrorist group.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
Um... American terrorism? If you don't call America bombing civilians a terroristic attack, neither is this.  
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
-->
@Theweakeredge
Of course I would call on American terrorism lol. They are of the highest standard of terrorism one can possibly imagine.
Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@Safalcon7
You need to distinguish between a terrorist group and a military or state that behaves unethically. 
Benjamin
Debates: 96
Benjamin
-->
@Safalcon7
"Israeli Zionists" is really not different from "Israelian patriot".  Zionismpolitical support for the creation and development of a Jewish homeland in Israel. Unless the Israeli people you are talking about don't support their own nation then they are Zionists. 

Furthermore, you are making a categorical error in calling a state's action terrorism. 
Terrorismthe use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal.
A state neither needs nor uses terrorism, as its own authority is sufficient to achieve its political goals. Unless you are willing to call the American police "terrorists" because they use violence to achieve their goals, then you can't call the Israelian army terrorist organizations. Mass bombing by a state tries to achieve a military, not a political, goal.

Your claims fall flat when facts and correct definitions are brought to the table.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Benjamin
A good deal of the Arab-Israeli conflict centers on a postage stamp of land: specifically, the Temple mount. Let's observe the history of that postage stamp. A Jebusite by the name of Araunah leveled the top of Mt. Moriah [where Abraham took his son, Isaac, to sacrifice him, to make of it a threshing floor to winnow wheat grain from the chaff. David purchased the site for 50 shekels of silver, on which to ultimately build the temple. David did not [we know why], but his son, Solomon, did. No one since has purchased that land from David's descendants. The land was simply usurped, and still is. Land ownership, ill-gotten occupation notwithstanding, still means something, even after thousands of years.
The Palestinian encyclopedia, Al-Mawsu'at Al-Filastinniya, states that, "The Palestinians [are] the descendants of the Jebusites, who are of Arab origin."
So, who should legitimately own that postage stamp? History disagrees with Palestinian claims.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Starting with the Bible and supported by archeological findings, it is clear that Palestine was occupied by non-Jewish Semites long before the Jews claimed the "Promised Land," and long after. There is not even evidence that there were twelve tribes of Israel who occupy the land claimed by modern Israel. The book of Joshua is full of bloody gore on how God delivered on his promise, but there are no sources outside the Bible that verify that the whole of Palestine was conquered and occupied by Jews.
If the Book of Joshua is to believed, then it means that justification for a Jewish homeland is based on land taken by war 3,300 years ago and lost by war 2600 years ago. By that logic, Americans should give the southwest territory back to the Mexicans and the rest to the nation back to the Indians.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@Safalcon7
What, terrorism is selectively operated by some disarrayed Muslims only? Define terrorism. Explain why I shouldn't call the Israel and its military nothing but a terrorist group.
I am not actually saying you aren't entitled to your opinion especially as your profile states you to be a Muslim Bangladeshi, however I would like to tell you that you should perhaps research about Hamas.

PLO are a puppet-organisation of Hamas now, the leaders of PLO that didn't cooperate were thrown off buildings (a tradition they have to 'make an example' on top of the other things they do) https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-gaza-scene-idUSL1264188820070612

WARNING an answer in the following link may have real-life violent video content, it isn't too graphic as it passes Quora's terms of use but I haven't viewed it and can't speak for how brutal it is.

Hamas are a mafia, a terrorist organisation of sorts, that have used and still do use pregnant women, adolescents and all kinds of human shield or 'provoke and play the victim' tactics against Israel to frame the other for needing to fight back.

It is Hamas who has blackmailed Palestine to never be able to negotiate with Israel, not the other way around.
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
Well, I think the historical claims look complicated and I've never closely read them. For the laymen, I think it should suffice to understand that HAMAS is an actual terrorist organization. Much like other terrorists on this planet, I think they are always willing to commit terror on civilians.  That should be enough to not support palestinians. The palestinians ought to destroy HAMAS or risk further evictions.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MarkWebberFan
They can't evict them, Hamas are the legal representation Palestine has (I am not joking) because they 'won' elections there to be the local council/governors (if you didn't vote for them or at least pretend to, you risked you and your entire family being brutally punished, so they've won every election since they properly enforced that).
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@RationalMadman
I never knew about that. If that's the case, the international community should be pressuring HAMAS to stop their disgraceful actions. Israel is just another western democracy who happens to be geographically situated among some of the most authoritarian and disorganized arab countries. I think it makes no sense to pressure Israel.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MarkWebberFan
Well Israel haven't been angels either, especially not in how they came to own that land in the first place.

The issue is about how to achieve piece at all at this point, Hamas have no intention of negotiating and PLO are submissive/compliant to Hamas because Hamas will kill their leaders if they aren't so both organisations that lead Palestinians refuse to negotiate with Israel. In the meantime, Israel has grown more and more conservative and hostile so it's now twoway aggression and hostility.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
By that logic, Americans should give the southwest territory back to the Mexicans and the rest to the nation back to the Indians.
Neither the Mexicans nor the indigenous tribes declared sovereignty of any portion of North America above the northern Mexico border, and, therefore, the Europeans occupied literally unclaimed land. Declaration of sovereignty is meaningful, and the Europeans declared it. Case closed on that matter.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Neither the Mexicans nor the indigenous tribes declared sovereignty of any portion of North America above the northern Mexico border
Not true, The Constitution of 1824 officially established the United Mexican States. This included 525,000 square miles in North America, including the land that makes up all or parts of present-day Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. The Mexican–American War (1846–48) took this territory from Mexico. Hopefully Palestine will learn something from this.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Neither the Mexicans nor the indigenous tribes declared sovereignty of any portion of North America above the northern Mexico border
So the infrastructure and monuments didn't make it clear? Suuure...
coal
Debates: 6
coal
The OP is absurd.  Palestine is a terrorist-sponsoring state.  The IDF's responses are, by definition, not terrorism. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
I stand corrected in U.S.. Never-the-less, Palestine cannot change the outright purchase of the temple mount some 3800 years ago.

11 days later

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@coal
Terror is terrifying.

I'm certain that there are men, women and children in Gaza who are as terrified as men, women and children in Israel.  (All other assumed gender-types accepted)

And "Palestine is a terrorist sponsoring State".......Where is Palestine and who's terror does it sponsor?

Sponsors of terror are largely profit motivated arms manufactures and dealers.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
3800 now Mr F.

You've snook on another 400.

Nonetheless land purchase is the misappropriation of a universal asset.

Will it be 4000 tomorrow?
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@zedvictor4
Palestine is not a state, but it provides aid and comfort to terrorists, particularly Hamas.