Why did God make humans the most sexually sensual species if lust is a sin?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 66
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
We, unlike most mammals, lack a penis bone and have very sensitive female genitalia, which has led to our erections and reproduction involving more pleasure and drive towards it than other species experience.

I wonder why God did this if us, the species closest to god, have the most innate urges and/or needs for foreplay, orgasms, arousal etc.

Rats and rabbits reproduce much more, as do insects, however I am speaking of lust itself (the pleasurable experience of sex). The only other species that is definitely shown to feel this same rush from sex are those of dolphins.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Because the bible is a tool to perpetuate the moral standards of 1st century AD. By then Biology isn't really a thing yet. Nowadays the bible is only needed for some people to understand the belief system in the past.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Same for other belief systems. You don't see recently-emerged belief systems condemning non-reproductive sex. In fact, Liberalism encourages it as it makes us feel good.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Exactly.

The Bible and other archaic theistic narratives are way out of date.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan.

"GOD" was testing us...And we failed....And then GOD gave up.

And GOD itself eventually gave in, and  f**ked an Arabian virgin. D'oh.

It's all baloney RatMan.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
Why do you think we are the species closest to God?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
I'm asking about the God that claims to have made man in his image.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Well God impregnated a woman out of wedlock. So ummm...

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I'm asking about the God that claims to have made man in his image.

Almost every religion has a creation god. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Oh, so the doctor who performs in vitro is guilty of out-of-wedlock congress with the woman? Sure, you can try to sell that bridge.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
@Intelligence_06
If the Sermon on the mount were treated as a political platform [it happens to make a very good one] and people adhered to its principles, every single social ill we face today in the 21st century would be solved and put away as antiquated practices. THAT is what belongs in the first century, not the Bible. It is more relevant today than ever. It's n ot that it has antiquated principles; those principles have never been fully tried.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Why? To demonstrate that, in all things, we can demonstrate self-control. It is the power of free agency to do so. Challenging? Of course. Worth it? All day long. As a man thinketh, so is he. If you don't think you can keep it zipped, it may also be a sign you cannot keep your hands to yourself, let alone your thoughts.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

That's the thing.

It's always been man that has made GODS in his own image..... Or Elephant images  etc.

GOD principle sound....Floaty about bloke not so.

Lust...Enjoy it whilst you can.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Are we the most sexually sensual species? I would've guessed bonobos. I don't know, I'm not a biologist.

From Wikipedia:

... while the weight of a young adolescent female bonobo "is maybe half" that of a human teenager, she has a clitoris that is "three times bigger than the human equivalent, and visible enough to waggle unmistakably as she walks".
Fun fact: None of you can ever unread this.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Okay, bonobos, humans and dolphins, my question still stands and humans have more mental anticipation and memory of the sex.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Oh, so the doctor who performs in vitro is guilty of out-of-wedlock congress with the woman? Sure, you can try to sell that bridge.
It’s God’s son...
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
And God could not possibly have in vitro tech? Try again.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
What are you talking about? Jesus is God’s bastard son. Why do you think God made up that bullshit about sacrificing his only son? To hide his shame.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Well God impregnated a woman out of wedlock.
How is the typical woman impregnated? I'm merely suggesting that there are a variety of methods to accomplish it without banging her; your clear intent of prideful disdain. Convince me that was not your accusation. It is the meaning in your words ["bastard son."] To mean otherwise, other words would have been used.

Further, How do you know there was not a marriage? No, the biblical record contains no such ceremony, but it also happens to lack any record of Jesus between 12 and about 30. So, you dismiss that Jesus did not live over those 18 years? How long did Adam & Eve spend in the Garden after creation? We don't know. Can we assume it was not just a day? Probably. Don't be so sure that because there is no record, that nothing occurred. For example, did you ever think, since Mary's role at the marriage in Cana was more than just that of a guest, that it may have been Christ's marriage? Why wouldn't a bridegroom want to impress his father-in-law with the best wine had in the celebration? No, I'm not saying it was his marriage, just that there are enough clues, it cannot be totally discounted. Often, that is how the Bible must be read; following clues, because it is not, never was, and never will be a concise record. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Therefore......I think that what you are trying to say is, the Bible is concisely zero and one can assume clues and construct various assumptions.

And so a woman named Mary (Miryam) did perhaps get pregnant.....But it wasn't a GOD what did it.

Perhaps it was Joe, or more than likely one of his devious brothers.
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
-->
@Intelligence_06
Liberalism allows everything subjective. So, you can't exemplify by a moral system too flexible to justify that claim lol, you gotta take care of the technicalities.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
Convince me that was not your accusation.
Convince you my accusation was not that God fucked Mary?
You convinced yourself of my “clear intent.” Your problem, not mine. 

No, the biblical record contains no such ceremony, but it also happens to lack any record of Jesus between 12 and about 30. So, you dismiss that Jesus did not live over those 18 years?
Look, Jesus (all translations aside) was a very popular name back then. And child mortality rates were very high also.
So yeah, there were many Jesus’s that died. 

How long did Adam & Eve spend in the Garden after creation?
They felt immortal before they got enlightened.

No, I'm not saying it was his marriage, just that there are enough clues, it cannot be totally discounted.
Apart from stating Jesus’s invitation. Probably to do some party tricks. 

Often, that is how the Bible must be read; following clues, because it is not, never was, and never will be a concise record. 
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
I think that what you are trying to say 
I don't try to say; I say it:  "the Bible must be read; following clues..."  It must be read. But it must be with a sincere heart, and real intent, having faith in Christ. Doing so, the truth of it will be revealed by the power of the Holy Ghost, and by that power, the truth of all things will be revealed.

Be flippant about it, it might as well be a sealed book. "Do, or do not, there is no try." Wise words from the prophet, Yoda. perhaps even within your lifetime; certainly mine.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. 
So, what was the rest of all that preceded? practice?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
Do, or do not, there is no try.
That's actually a terrible quote of Yoda's. One of the least inspiring Star Wars quotes.

In fact Yoda contradicts that quote entirely with the following:

The greatest teacher, failure is.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
@RM

The two Yoda quotes actually work well together. The point of doing is just that: ACT. If that act fails, ACT again, differently, because repetition, expecting different results, is insanity. 
Yoda's comment on doing, but just trying at random, is that random acts may fail, or succeed, but acting with the attitude "I can't," as Luke said to Yoda should have the response, "That is why you fail." See, it all fits together in a neat package, just as my father taught me: be ambitious, plan, and execute. I did, and, therefore, know I can.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
No shit Sherlock, anyone 'can' it doesn't mean they will, because they can 'try' and 'fail' even though they 'can' try and succeed.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
@RM

In fact Yoda contradicts that quote entirely with the following:

The greatest teacher, failure is.

Thus, you have contradicted yourself.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
@fauxlaw

@zedvictor4 wrote: I think that what you are trying to say 
fauxlaw wrote: I don't try to say; I say it:  "the Bible must be read; following clues..."  It must be read. But it must be with a sincere heart, and real intent, having faith in Christ. Doing so, the truth of it will be revealed by the power of the Holy Ghost, and by that power, the truth of all things will be revealed.

So then there is absolutely no reason one has to be a student of the Greek language #28  fauxlaw   just as long as one has  "sincere heart, and real intent, having faith in Christ"  this alone will help us "follow clues"  and  able to "read  and understand the bible".
Marvelous.

And what is it that you believe that you  have had revealed to you via the  power of the Holy Ghost? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
If there is no 'try' then failure can't be a good teacher.