When does Biden move the US Embassy out of Jerusalem?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 70
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
With Hamas attacking Israel, and the Democrats divided over what to do, it seems within days, Biden will decide to move the US Embassy out of Jerusalem. When did he ever make a rational foreign policy decision? No, instead, his decisions mimic a line from 2018: "I told him he had 6 hours to fire the prosecutor. Son of a bitch, he did."

Right now, Slo Joe is considering putting the Embassy in Wuhan.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
How does Biden delivering official US policy shared with the entire developed world qualify as an example on non-rational foreign policy?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Because withholding previously legislated aid to a country [Ukraine] against their performing a task, the performance of which is NOT within Biden's jurisdiction to demand, is irrational.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
I assume you are talking about the claim that was made by George Papadopoulos, an adviser in Trump’s 2016 campaign who erved 12 days in prison for lying about his attemps to allegedly connect other campaign staff with officials representing Russia. He was pardoned by Trump near the end of Trump’s term as president.
In an April 12, 2021 tweet, widely ahared on Facebook, Papadopoulos stated:
"Biden is now withholding $150 million in aid from Ukraine as tensions with Russia grow. I mentioned this a couple weeks ago. He wants to pressure Ukraine to drop all criminal investigations into him and his son, Hunter. Where’s the media on this extortion attempt?"
The Facebook post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. 
There is no evidence Ukraine is conducting criminal investigations of the president or his son.
Federal law puts restriction on aid.
Congress approved and President Trump signed a bill appropriating $275 million for what is known as the Ukraine 
Security Assistance Initiative. The secretary of defense can use the money to provide assistance, such as training and intelligence support, as well as weapons to Ukraine.
In March, the Defense Department announced  it was releasing $125 million of the aid in training, equipment and advisory efforts as part of the U.S. commitment to provide "defensive lethal weapons to enable Ukraine to more effectively defend itself against Russian aggression."
The remaining $150 million will be provided when the Defense Department "certifies that Ukraine has made sufficient progress on key defense reforms this year, as required by the National Defense Authorization Act," the announcement said. 
"The Department encourages Ukraine to continue to enact reforms that strengthen civilian control of the military, promote increased transparency and accountability in defense industry and procurement, and modernize its defense sector in other key areas in line with NATO principles and standards."

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
Assumption incorrect. Try again, or just accept that this relates to no statement by anyone. This is my personal opinion. I do have them, you know. I do my own thinking and do not need anyone's prompting to do so. Nice word salad, but completely off point. I am discussing the US Embassy in Israel, which I believe has naught to do with Ukraine, PunterBiden, or the rest of your sandbox players. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
With the U.S. being an Israeli satellite state, and all round provider of military hardware for said Jewish Overlords.

Why does Joe need an embassy...When a text will do....Net him yahoo!

Just being opinionated Faux.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Does Slo Joe use Twitter?
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
Huh, it is almost as if being blatantly pro-Israel on literally every issue delegitimizes our positions to the vast majority Middle Eastern world
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
How's that pro-Iran policy doing Kerry?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
So, follow the larger crowd because they must know what's what? Sorry, that excuse lacks credentials.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
That wasnt even close to what I said. I don’t know how you got that out of my comment.

The meaning of my comment is that if you want to have any chance at having a good relationship with most of the Arab world, you can’t be one-sided in all of your policy actions towards one side. (A side they aren’t on great terms with, in fact)

Instead the US positions over the past 60 years have proven that they are untrustworthy and can’t be an objective party to help in disputes.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Pro-Iran policy?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
blatantly pro-Israel on literally every issue delegitimizes our positions to the vast majority Middle Eastern world
our position vs. the "vast majority Middle Eastern world?"  You want to really convince me my argument is off-base? Isn't a "vast majority" an implied larger crowd? And that "vast majority" has been combatted for over 60 years? 

I think you'd best re-think what you think a majority is, and that they are, therefore, arguing the correct position. The two ideas are not even consistent.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@bmdrocks21
Huh, it is almost as if being blatantly pro-Israel on literally every issue delegitimizes our positions to the vast majority Middle Eastern world
Screw the rest of the Muslim world. Who’s with me?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
"Delegitimizes our positions" refers to the fact that any deal we might cook up won't be trusted (we have lost legitimacy in the eyes of hundreds of millions of people that we probably shouldn't try to be enemies with), and honestly, no Arab nation should trust it. If we make a promise, they won't believe it. We screwed over Saddam by lying about WMDs and lying about his connection to 9/11. It just so happens that Israel didn't like the guy. Such a coincidence that we kill off anyone who doesn't like Israel!

So stop speaking in riddles and actually address what I say. Would you say that being blatantly pro-Israel is helping or hurting our relationship with the majority of the Arab world? A simple one-word answer will suffice.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
Screw the rest of the Muslim world. Who’s with me?

Why? I will never understand the conservative knee-jerk reaction to give the middle finger to hundreds of millions of people to gain favor with a few million. Reminds me of Russell Kirk saying "Not seldom has it seemed as if some eminent Neoconservatives mistook Tel Aviv for the capital of the United States."
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
-->
@ILikePie5
Reply when you get USRAEL out of the incessant buttering you seem to be so invested in.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I support neither. Israel has treated Orthodox Christians like shit on their land and have a reputation of increasing taxes based on it and causing violence on others due to Zionistic beliefs.

Palestine is a bit more open with other religions, but are led by terrorists in the Hamas and while some argue they don't support Hamas, I do not see anyone criticizing the Hamas but instead praising them for causing violence.

It's a side of the coin. Israel believes an eye for two eyes and Palestine believes in superiority. Neither fight for good intentions and the ultimate solution is to create a state where both can co exist freely without government oppression, but I doubt that's gonna happen because both countries are selfish
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bmdrocks21
Why? I will never understand the conservative knee-jerk reaction to give the middle finger to hundreds of millions of people to gain favor with a few million. Reminds me of Russell Kirk saying "Not seldom has it seemed as if some eminent Neoconservatives mistook Tel Aviv for the capital of the United States."
Nothing to do with me being conservative lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Safalcon7
Reply when you get USRAEL out of the incessant buttering you seem to be so invested in.
Reply to me when Hamas stops hiding behind women and children like p******s
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
The World doesn't give a shit about the sentient organic scum that infects it.

The world is doomed, as might be the Universe.

And Israeli and Palestinian will decay together, as they were created together.

And morality is the bullshit of philosophers and hypocrites.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
stop speaking in riddles and actually address what I say. 
No riddle. You're asking the wrong question. The correct question is: Why isn't the Arab world pro-Israel? Why aren't the Democrats? Why isn't any nation in support of all other nations? Isn't that the goal? Then why don't we start asking ourselves those questions, and answering them? But, no, you want to prove a point. Well, my friend, that point is a little obtuse and short-sighted.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
It would be a profound error to move it, and perhaps antiemetic to not respect where Israel says their capital is within their own lands.
coal
coal
-->
@Double_R
Why do you oppose the US embassy being in Jerusalem? 

As an aside, I think FauxLaw is an imbecile.  So don't assume I agree with the stupid shit he tends to say about things.  

Even though in this case, I think he and I both agree the embassy should not have been moved. 

What I am curious about is why you think it should have been moved.  Is it enough that many in the developed world have stated their position on such things?  Or is there some other reason on your mind?  
coal
coal
-->
@Barney
I agree with Ragnar's comment completely:

> It would be a profound error to move it, and perhaps antiemetic to not respect where Israel says their capital is within their own lands.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@coal
Not much of an aside. Want to repeat that; not that I'm unsure what you mean, but that it appears to be a violation of DArt etiquette since it is against me, personally, and not against my opinion. Personal attack is the indication that you have run out of argument, by the way.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@coal
Are you opposed to the idea that all nations should also find favor with all other nations? Why is that such a shyte idea? Do you prefer animosity between nations? 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@coal
As an aside, I think FauxLaw is an imbecile.  So don't assume I agree with the stupid shit he tends to say about things.
Impossible. Fauxlaw is a six sigma black belt with years of experience behind him - a veritable master of statistics. What are your credentials next to his?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
Thank you for that, dusty. Much appreciated.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@coal
What is "antiemetic"....Sometimes vomiting is necessary.

Nonetheless, the often misunderstood word "Semitic", is often misunderstood.

Though not a dumb mistake that Mr Faux is likely to make.