Why I left Christianity

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 99
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Yassine
Hi yasmine nice to see you back and causing trouble. Lol! 

Your logic is as bad as ever though. Islam has been demonstrated over and over as morally corrupt. Muslim talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Behind closed doors the truth is revealed and it is quite ugly. 

Domestic violence runs deep. Sexual violence runs deep. Hypocrisy runs deep.  The religion of peace is deeply violent and hate filled against the west. And against the Jews.

But hey nice to see you back. Perhaps this time you might be influenced to repent of your sins, dish the dead guy and turn over a new leaf. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@TheUnderdog

I have heard some bad things about Islam like if you leave Islam, you get put to death.  Other than that I don't know too much about Islam.

Islam is not a religion of peace. Its mission is to convert the whole world to Islam- "until all of religion, all of it,  is for Allah" Quran 8:39,  and by the sword if necessary and to place everyone in submission to god/Allah.

Jihad IS part of Islam.   And there is no "moderate" Islam, as Turkey's Muslim PM Erdogan put it;
""These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."

Islam divides the world into two main parts. The House of Peace and the House of War.  Islam believes itself to be the House of Peace. So that leaves the House of War , who then does Islam believe represents the House of War? 

Simply not believing in Allah and his  self appointed  so called prophet  is to "cause corruption/ mischief".  

Quran 5:33 – unless, those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption/mischief is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment. 

Quran 3:56 - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran 3:151 - "We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers."

Quran 4:89 - "They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper".

Quran 51 - "You, who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you " then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people".

Quran 8:12 - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them".

Quran 8:39. - And fight them and slaughter them until there is no fitnah (unrest or rebellion) and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is seeing of what they do.

Quran 8:60 - And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Surah 9:5 - "Fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush".

And before anyone suggests it. I am not saying that ALL MUSLIMS are fanatics or terrorists. But considering that it only takes a novel written or a cartoon drawn to upset the Muslim world that will demand the head of anyone committing "blasphemy" , in my opinion, I think Muslims themselves need to have  a rethink about what they believe and preach to their own children  in the 21st century.

Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Tradesecret
Hi yasmine nice to see you back and causing trouble. Lol! 
- Nice to see you too!

Your logic is as bad as ever though. Islam has been demonstrated over and over as morally corrupt.
- The morally corrupt see what they know.

Muslim talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Behind closed doors the truth is revealed and it is quite ugly. 
- I know, we keep letting the West take the lead in massacres & invasions all the time.

Domestic violence runs deep. Sexual violence runs deep. Hypocrisy runs deep.
- Confessions, confessions. The US has one of the highest violent crime rates in the World, you should get on fixing that. America has been racking up a lot of bad rep lately.

The religion of peace is deeply violent and hate filled against the west. And against the Jews.
- That's what the crusaders were saying while rampaging the Middle East massacring millions. That's what the Iberians  were saying while rampaging Andalusia (& thereafter the Americas) massacring millions. That's what the colonialists were saying while rampaging the Muslim world massacring tens of millions... Christians keep creating thousands of websites & thousands of channels just to hate on Muslims & Islam, I don't see Muslims doing that. You invade other nations, loot them & massacre their people & say "oh, how violent they are"... Isn't that hilarious!

But hey nice to see you back. Perhaps this time you might be influenced to repent of your sins, dish the dead guy and turn over a new leaf. 
- You seem to have a lot to say about Islam & Muslims, let's have a debate about it. You can show everyone had bad Islam is.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen

Islam is not a religion of peace. Its mission is to convert the whole world to Islam-
- You're speaking of Christianity, of the age old the doctrine of "compel them to come in". That's why you never find any Muslims under Christian dominions, for they are either forced to convert, massacred or expelled. In contrast, after 13 centuries of Muslim caliphate in the Middle East, 20% of the population there was still Christian (down from 50% pre-Islamic rule). More than 9 million Muslims lived in Spain (majority) & more than 11 million Muslim lived in the Balkans (close to majority) just decades before they were purged from there once Christians took over. There mosques burned down or turned into churches or barns or bars, some even were turned into zoos for animals. 

"until all of religion, all of it,  is for Allah" Quran 8:39,
- Quote the entire verse: "And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do." (8:39), fight who? The chapter relates the Battle of Badr, it's speaking of a battle between Muslims & the invading Quraysh, & ends with "And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah." (8:61) urging Muslims to incline to peace if their enemies cease their oppression & incline to peace.

and by the sword if necessary and to place everyone in submission to god/Allah.
- You're confusing the practice of Christians with others...

Jihad IS part of Islam.   And there is no "moderate" Islam, as Turkey's Muslim PM Erdogan put it; ""These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."
- Yes, it is. Jihad means "struggle" in the cause of Allah, i.e. in the cause of good. Giving charity when you're poor is jihad, defending an innocent person from an aggressor is jihad, saving a dying man is jihad, fighting to defend your people is jihad, & the greatest jihad is self-discipline.

Islam divides the world into two main parts. The House of Peace and the House of War.  Islam believes itself to be the House of Peace. So that leaves the House of War , who then does Islam believe represents the House of War
 - Glad you asked. The division relates to Inviolability (Ismah), that is to say the inviolable person is protected from transgression of the 6 universals (Religion, Self, Reason, Family, Property & Honor). In that context, the Abode of Peace (Dar Salam) incorporates the 4 inviolable categories of:
1. Faith (millah), Muslims.
2. Protection (dhimmah), non-Muslim residents in Muslim territory.
3.. Asylum (musta'min), non-Muslim temporary residents in Muslim territory.
3. Treaty (mu'ahid), non-Muslim residents in non-Muslim territory under treaty with Muslims.

- The Abode of War (Dar Harb) incorporates the category of Militancy (harb), the non-Muslims currently at war with Muslims, which are not deemed inviolable. That is, transgressions against them is not liable to persecution in the Muslim state.  

- Let's compare this with the Western system. In the West, inviolability is only extended to nationals, residents of the nation's territory. For instance, by Law, an American is not subject to prosecution in the US for transgressions committed in foreign soil. That translates to: the US abode of peace = American nationals, & the US abode of war = everyone else, i.e. non-Americans are *not inviolable* in US Law. Therefore, upon comparison, while Islamic notion of abode of peace not only extends to non-Muslim nationals but also to non-nationals under asylum or under treaty with Muslims (all thus inviolable), the Western notion of abode of peace only extends to nationals. Similarly, the abode of war in the West is essentially everyone outside your territory, while in Islam it's just the territories currently at war with you. Conclusion, the West is all labels & very little substance.

Simply not believing in Allah and his  self appointed  so called prophet  is to "cause corruption/ mischief".  

Quran 5:33 – unless, those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption/mischief is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment. 
 - That passage refers to the incident where a group of 8 people came to the Prophet (pbuh) pretended to be Muslim, asked to be treated, so he sent them to the treasury. There, they killed the shepherds mutilated them & gouged out their eyes & stole the camels & fled. This is called Haraba (terrorism, plunder, massacre), it is the act of using arms to terrorize people, plunder their wealth & massacre them, for which the punishment according to the majority opinion is according to the aforementioned verse:
1. Exile, if the the perpetrator merely belonged to the terrorists but did not commit any crime.
1. Severing one hand and one foot, if the perpetrator participated in the plunder but did not kill anyone.
3. Death & crucifixion, if the perpetrator participated in both the plunder & the massacre.

Quran 3:56 - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
Quran 3:151 - "We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers."
- Yes!? God punishes the wicked & rewards the pious, that's the entire premise of religion & morality. Abolish your penal code & your faith & burn your Bible if you disagree then.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen

Quran 4:89 - "They [Munafiqeen] wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper. Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them."
- You keep cutting things out of context, so I added the context for you, you're welcome. The verse is referring to Munafiqeen (those who pretended to be Muslim yet they conspired to kill the Muslims), urging Muslims to not take allies of them unless they join the Muslims, and to kill them if they defect, except those among them who do not wish to fight the Muslims and those who join allies of Muslims.

Quran 51 - "You, who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you " then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people".
- Yes, allies in deen, as the verse states. It's obvious believers can not take disbelievers as allies in religion. That's true for any religion, the moment you support the other is his religion you undermine your own faith. That does not mean Muslims can not take Christians or Jews as friends, or political allies. The Prophet (pbuh) didn't just take Christians and Jews as friends, he married among them. He also had many Jewish & Christian allies, like the Christians of Najran, the Copts of Egypt & the Abyssinians who protected the Muslims from the persecution of Quraysh. The Prophet (pbuh) also had treaties with over 23 Jewish tribe in Medina... as the Quran says: "Allah does not forbid you from dealing kindly and fairly with those who have neither fought nor driven you out of your homes. Surely Allah loves those who are fair." (60:8)

Quran 8:12 - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them".
- Again chapter 8 relates the battle of Badr, where the Quraysh invaded Muslims. Instilling fear & striking heads is the best way to win against your enemy in battle... LOL! Your country kills millions of innocent people who aren't even enemies.

Quran 8:60 - "And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows."
- Are you mentally challenged or something?!!! If you have a problem with defense then abolish your martial code & defense department & abandon your arms, then sit wait for your fate. Your country spends more on military than the 10 next countries combined,  not to defend itself against enemies as the Quran in the verse enjoins, but rather to invade other nations & oppress other peoples.

Surah 9:5 - "[This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists [who violated the treaty]. So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months [...] Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him]. And when the inviolable months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give charity, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah [i.e., the Qur’ān]. Then deliver him to his place of safety." (Quran 9:1-6)
- You seem to be so keen on cutting verse out of context, I have to fix that for you every time. This passage is about the Quraysh (polytheists/pagans) who violated the treaty the Prophet (pbuh) had with them only two years into the peace & attacked his people. As the verses command, the Prophet (pbuh) is to give these traitors a grace period of 4 months to repent before engaging them both in attack & defense; except those who have not violated any peace & those among the violators who are seeking asylum. If Russia violated their treaty with the US & attacked the US, I guarantee you there will be no grace period of 4 months & they will be no asylum granted to no Russians. The response will be immediate & extremely violent, as Bush said, "infinite justice". 

- The story is, the Prophet (pbuh) went to conquer Mecca after they violated the truce without bloodshed. Once he took control, the Quraysh after years of persecuting the Muslims  asked: "what will you do to us", he replied: "there no blame on you today, go for you are free" & he pardoned all of them, among whom are people who tried to assassinate the Prophet (pbuh) & those who attacked his pregnant daughter killing her unborn child which eventually lead to her death & those who tortured Muslims...etc.

And before anyone suggests it. I am not saying that ALL MUSLIMS are fanatics or terrorists. But considering that it only takes a novel written or a cartoon drawn to upset the Muslim world that will demand the head of anyone committing "blasphemy" , in my opinion, I think Muslims themselves need to have  a rethink about what they believe and preach to their own children  in the 21st century.
- Dude, the entire Western world lost its shit when a magazine office was attacked by a mad man & dozens of sovereigns of state gathered in Paris to show solidarity, taking revenge the next day against thousands of innocent Muslims in the Middle East. Not that there is a shortage of mad men in the West, there in more than one mass shooting in the US per day, just this one happens to be Muslim...

- It is so shocking to me how completely disassociated Americans are with the rest of the world, how utterly they are desensitized about the much suffering & damage their country causes around the world. The death toll of the US's war in terror (over 1.2 million, & millions displaced) is 300 times that of 9/11. I guess one American life is worth 300 Muslim lives. No state can sustain its dominion while causing so much destruction & inciting so much antagonism around the world.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Yassine
 Bukhari[52:260] "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' ".  The Quran advocates the death penalty for those that leave Islam.

The US has never stopped persecuting people for political views, wether be it the Irish, or the Chinese, or the catholics after them, or the Japanese in WWII, or the communists in the Red Scare, or the muslims in the War on Terror
These groups aren't oppressed in the United States.  I know many open Irish, and Chinese people; I was raised Catholic and my parents definitely aren't oppressed, The Japanese, communists, and Muslims aren't oppressed either.  Trump's Muslim ban did not pass so Muslims can enter the country.

now for so many things I can't even count: white-nationalism, nazism, racism, antisemitism, homophobia, transphobia...etc.
These groups get free speech, but they aren't running the country and making policy that makes lives worse for jews, blacks, gays, or transgenders unless there is a victim at play.  For instance, some people oppose trans women competing with cis women because of the claim that trans women have denser bones and more testosterone that would make them easily a favorite to beat a cis women in the sport, thus making it unfair for cis women.  But nobody in power is in favor of killing or jailing transgenders for instance.

Propaganda. The State, by design, must terminate what or who undermines it, otherwise endangering itself.
Representatives and presidents have political opponents at every election cycle.  The representatives don't censor their opponents.  They don't kill their political opponents.

I can say things in Saudi Arabia & nobody would care, but if I say them in the US they would likely throw me in jail.
This is probably inaccurate.  While communism was historically censored, it isn't anymore because the US lived up to it's ethos of freedom in the end.

You are indoctrinated since early age to sanctify democracy & liberty & freedom of speech
In American schools (something I attended), the schools teach us about the bad stuff we did (like slavery, the trail of tears).  It's because of this that many people have a negative view of America, and they don't go to jail for it.

Although most schools do think this hadith refers to apostasy, the Awzai school does not, as they understood the word 'Deen' to mean allegiance.
So if you leave your country to move to America, and you renounce your allegiance to your former country, you would get put to death?  The rest of this paragraph you claim that the penalty for leaving Islam is death according to the other schools you mentioned:

The Hanafi school interpret the word as allegiance in religion, for the Prophet (pbuh) specifies in a different hadith "those who abandon their faith & desert the community" (providing a more restrictive definition): thus they sanction death for militant apostasy. The Maliki school, on the other hand, take the view that this applies to any apostate who knowingly & willingly came into religion then left it.

A Snowden from another country might have been celebrated there as a hero, while in the US he is deemed a traitor.
Snowden was regarded as a hero by many.

There is probably a 0.1% to 1% atheists in the Muslim world, that's millions of people... That does not mean apostates are killed either.
The atheists in Muslim countries have to hide their atheism out of the fear of being jailed or executed.

There are two ways an apostate might get in serious trouble with the state: 1. publicly criticize the state
It's totally fine to criticize the state; I for one don't like Biden waving pride flags at US military bases.  The only flag that should fly on US military bases is the US flag.  That's me criticizing the state; and I should not end up killed for it.

2. really push the envelope, like insult the Prophet (pbuh) or burn the Quran or something like that.
It's fine to insult the prophet; I think God or Allah is very full of himself and advocates for the death penalty for some things that should be legal.  Burning the Quran is like burning the American flag (I'm an American); totally something that should be legalized as it is a victimless crime.  Any victimless activity should be legal.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Yassine
 You keep cutting things out of context.... You seem to be so keen on cutting verse out of context

Just as expected. You are taking the same default position as Christians do when the ancient vile ancient verses of the bible are highlighted.   But if there is one thing Christianity has going for it, it is and was, it's willingness to reform.  Islam on the other hand has no such intentions.

I feel sorry for Muslims. They are the biggest victims of Islam.

It is so shocking to me how completely disassociated Americans are with the rest of the world, how utterly they are desensitized about the much suffering & damage their country causes around the world. The death toll of the US's war in terror (over 1.2 million, & millions displaced) is 300 times that of 9/11. I guess one American life is worth 300 Muslim lives. No state can sustain its dominion while causing so much destruction & inciting so much antagonism around the world.

Heard it all before. You are forgetting the biggest empire in the world was Islamic, and I do not believe that those countries  that MUSLIMS invaded were invited to do so  by the local populations to overthrow them.  How many was it now, Five Muslim empires?

You are being is very selective with your analysis of western foreign policy too. You have  ignored the intervention in Kosovo where the west (rightly) saved the lives of countless Muslims from Serbian ethnic cleansing.

You mention nothing  of the first Gulf War where, thanks to US-led intervention, Kuwaitis were spared the horrors of a protracted Iraqi occupation. But for you to to acknowledge such complexity would be far too problematic for you. Why spoil a good narrative after all. Why let the facts get in the way of a good whine and whinge.

Who invaded Coptic Egypt lands and killed millions of Copts to become Arab majority? Who invaded Iraq which was Assyrian Christian and killed millions to become Arab majority?

Who invaded Syria to kill Syriac Orthodox to become Arab majority? Who invaded Constantinople and wiped out millions of native Byzantines to become Turkish majority?

Who was Timur Lung who killed 20 million Christians,Buddhists and Shias?

Who invaded Persia through the sword and killed millions to convert Zoroastrians to Sunni Islam?

Who reconquered Sunni Persia and killed millions to convert them to Sharia Islam?

Who invaded Afghanistan and killed and drove out the Buddhists?

Who killed 1 million in East Timor during the Indonesian occupation?

Who killed 2 million Sudanese Christians? And who is committing terrorism in Russia,China,India,Phillipines,Nigeria,Kenya,Western world and the entire Middle East?

And btw...who was committing the genocide of Yazidis? The Christians already chased out of Iraq and Syria by Muslims and lost their homes. Also there were 25% of Christians in Bethlehem. Today under Abbas, the Christians had already shrink down to 4%. Same thing happened in Gaza. Christians were persecuted in Gaza and only in Israel are they protected. Christians are in the minority in Palestine now. How does Christians able to give independence to Chechyna and Palestine? It is a laughing stock when Christians were so persecuted and such a minority in Bethlehem, they can give independence to anyone.

This is not to mention all the Muslim atrocities committed by MUSLIMS over a THOUSAND YEARS BEFORE there was ever a British Empire or a United Sates of America. 

Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@Alec
I am fairly certain that you will not be able to find a religion that squares perfectly with your ethical views. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Username
I don't know why you used my old account name; I wouldn't have known you were referencing me otherwise in notifications.

But if that's the case, I might have to be an atheist.

Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't know why you used my old account name; I wouldn't have known you were referencing me otherwise in notifications.
Oh, whoops. I just wasn't thinking. 

But if that's the case, I might have to be an atheist.
Not necessarily, if that is your only reason. Don't you think it'd be unlikely that G-d would agree with all of your moral views?
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@TheUnderdog
 Bukhari[52:260] "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' ".  The Quran advocates the death penalty for those that leave Islam.
- The same way the US Constitution does...

These groups aren't oppressed in the United States.  I know many open Irish, and Chinese people; I was raised Catholic and my parents definitely aren't oppressed, The Japanese, communists, and Muslims aren't oppressed either.  Trump's Muslim ban did not pass so Muslims can enter the country.
- Read your history. I don't have to tell you your own history. All these groups have faced extreme persecution across US history. It's horrible. As for US today, we can see the news, every day. It's terrible. You don't have to go that far to lie to my face like that.

These groups get free speech, but they aren't running the country and making policy that makes lives worse for jews, blacks, gays, or transgenders unless there is a victim at play.  For instance, some people oppose trans women competing with cis women because of the claim that trans women have denser bones and more testosterone that would make them easily a favorite to beat a cis women in the sport, thus making it unfair for cis women.  But nobody in power is in favor of killing or jailing transgenders for instance.
- Not to burst your bubble friend, but much of the rest of the world does not have such a rosy picture of your country as you imagine. Repeating the same mantra of "freedom of speech" & "the land of the free" as an attempt to convince the rest of the world only strengthens the profound hypocritical image the US displays on the global stage.

Representatives and presidents have political opponents at every election cycle. The representatives don't censor their opponents.  They don't kill their political opponents.
- Ahem, Trump! Lmao! I feel like I need to remind you again, I am not American. I don't subscribe to this mantra. You can't expect to argue against a foreigner while using your own spoon-fed propaganda. How would you feel if a Russian was feeding you Russian propaganda he believes is true? You have to establish your convictions with proofs, not expect them to be granted. 

This is probably inaccurate.  While communism was historically censored, it isn't anymore because the US lived up to it's ethos of freedom in the end.
- You can't be serious!!! They feed you so much propaganda they don't allow you to think straight. As I said, the state can not allow anything that undermines its authority. The US constantly undermines governments all over the world, but it's too powerful to be undermined by other states. This was not the case during the Cold War, when the Soviets were almost as powerful. & this will not be the case in the near future either, for more powerful states are rapidly emerging, like China. From 1990s to 2000s the US has seen its most stable period, less so since the Patriot Act. & we have seen huge signs of instability in the US for the past couple of years, where, for instance, huge chunks of Trump supporters were jailed & silenced. Palosi called the attack on Hong Kong Parliament a "beautiful sight of behold" of people rising to topple the government accusing Hong Kong of human right violations, yet when the same thing happens in the US, they bring in 25k troops & jail people by the droves. This hypocrisy was not lost on anyone.

In American schools (something I attended), the schools teach us about the bad stuff we did (like slavery, the trail of tears). 
- So? That's because Blacks are part of the American population. It would be absurd not to teach that. They don't teach you about American atrocities across the globe.

It's because of this that many people have a negative view of America, and they don't go to jail for it.
- This does not address the fact that you're indoctrinated from very young age to sanctify western values, like democracy & liberty & egalitarianism & secularism & so on. The same way communist Russia & communist China teaches their values to their kids, or any other country for that matter. The difference is, most Chinese & most Americans know they are being indoctrinated, whereas most Americans are gleefully unaware.

So if you leave your country to move to America, and you renounce your allegiance to your former country, you would get put to death?
- I'm talking about things a thousand years ago. How is that relevant today??? 

The rest of this paragraph you claim that the penalty for leaving Islam is death according to the other schools you mentioned:
- No. Clearly you haven't read what I said. In Islamic Law, a law abiding apostate is of no concern to the Islamic state.

- Christchurch Tarrant was regarded as a hero by many too, your point? 

The atheists in Muslim countries have to hide their atheism out of the fear of being jailed or executed.
- The Muslims in the US have to hide their Islam out of fear for being jailed or executed. I can just say things too...

It's totally fine to criticize the state; I for one don't like Biden waving pride flags at US military bases. The only flag that should fly on US military bases is the US flag.  That's me criticizing the state; and I should not end up killed for it.
- As long as you don't undermine the authority of the state, any state, you should be fine. If you publicly support al-Qaeda in Saudi, you'll wake up the next day with more to say. If you do the same in the US, you'll wake up the next day in Guantanamo bay. 

It's fine to insult the prophet; I think God or Allah is very full of himself and advocates for the death penalty for some things that should be legal.  Burning the Quran is like burning the American flag (I'm an American); totally something that should be legalized as it is a victimless crime.
- We are speaking of realities here of course, regardless of your wishes & sensitivities. I think last year, an American couple was sentenced 15 years to prison for holding an offensive flag in a birthday party. Why don't you go to your local Starbucks & take advantage of the full breath of your freedom of speech, see where that gets you. Probably jail.

Any victimless activity should be legal.
- Your version of victimless crime is to injure and offend two billion people...?

- You seem to have a lot of pride of your country, quite the devotion. You've done a couple of debates. Maybe we can debate American values vs. Islamic values? You can pick the topic.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen
 Just as expected. You are taking the same default position as Christians do when the ancient vile ancient verses of the bible are highlighted.
- Aren't you Christian though? Or have you left the faith?

But if there is one thing Christianity has going for it, it is and was, it's willingness to reform.
- Islam had a reformation too, it's called Salafism.

Islam on the other hand has no such intentions.
- Islam is a religion, it doesn't have intentions...

I feel sorry for Muslims. They are the biggest victims of Islam.
- You should feel sorrier for Christians.

Heard it all before. You are forgetting the biggest empire in the world was Islamic,
- Before a couple centuries ago, yes, but not since then. Even the largest Muslim empire at its largest extent including its vassal states did not exceed 21M km2 (the Abbasid caliphate & vassal states around 1000). Imperialism is not necessarily a bad thing. An empire is essentially a state, a large one yet still a state, thus subject to what State is normally subject to. Some empires were tolerant & fair, some weren't. 

and I do not believe that those countries that MUSLIMS invaded were invited to do so  by the local populations to overthrow them.
- In most cases they were invited or provoked, indeed. In the Levant, they went there in retaliation against the Roman vassal of Ghasan who killed the Prophet's messenger & 12 of his missionaries. In Persia, they went there in retaliation against the assassins sent by the Sassanian emperor to capture & kill the Prophet (pbuh). In Egypt, there went in there to fight the Romans who fled Palestine, ending up signing a treaty with the Copts at the end, which they still hold until today. In Iberia, they went in there at the request of the count of Ceuta & his ally the lord of Seville to topple the Visigoth tyrant who raped the count's 14 yo daughter Florinda who was staying at the palace. In India, they went in there in retaliation against the Indian king Jayapala who invaded the Muslim capital Ghazni...etc. 

How many was it now, Five Muslim empires?
- Depends on how you define 'empire'. I'd say 5 major empires (at the scale or larger than the Roman empire): the Rashidun Caliphate, the Umayyad Caliphate, the Abbasid Caliphate, the Ottoman Empire & the Mughal Empire. Plus a few dozens minor empires.

You are being is very selective with your analysis of western foreign policy too. You have  ignored the intervention in Kosovo where the west (rightly) saved the lives of countless Muslims from Serbian ethnic cleansing.
- Indeed, although that had much more to do with fighting communism rather than actually saving Muslims. You say these things because you don't realize how terrible western history is, they don't teach you that side of your history, but the rest of the world knows about it. They don't teach the atrocities of France in Algeria to their French citizens, but the Algerians learn these atrocities, for they were perpetrated against them. 1/3rd of the Algerian population was massacred between 1830 & 1860, entire cities burned with their people, entire populations of villages were put in caves & burned alive... 

You mention nothing  of the first Gulf War where, thanks to US-led intervention, Kuwaitis were spared the horrors of a protracted Iraqi occupation.
- It's not just about the first cause, it's also & primarily about the actual act. Harry may have instigated a fight by slapping Tom, but Tom went ahead & killed Harry's entire family. The first cause in this case is irrelevant. The US intervention to help Kuwait did not stop there. The First Gulf War ended up causing the deaths of half a million Iraqis. They didn't do it to support Iraq, they did it to eliminate a regional "rebel" who refused to obey the rules.

But for you to to acknowledge such complexity would be far too problematic for you. Why spoil a good narrative after all. Why let the facts get in the way of a good whine and whinge.
- On the contrary. The US supports brutal military regimes all over the world -especially in the Muslim world- & oppressive occupations, such as Israel; it also conducts assassinations & coups & drone strikes, & if needed invasions to eliminate anyone who dares challenge their hegemony or dares disobey their rules. All this using a global propaganda machine led by the CIA to demonize US enemies & glorify US brutal interventions... "even though we massacred your entire clan & looted your nation, we are the good guys"... hilarious!

Who invaded Coptic Egypt lands and killed millions of Copts to become Arab majority?
- No such thing. Egypt was gained through treaty. The country was still majority Christian 4 centuries after conquest, & had a significant Christian population (almost a 3rd) until the early 20th century, before Colonialism & the secularization of Egypt.

Who invaded Iraq which was Assyrian Christian and killed millions to become Arab majority?
- Iraq WAS Arab since the first Babylonian empire (3800 years ago), lol! Populated by the tribes of Lakhm, Taghlab, Iyad, Bakr...etc. & what are you even talking about?!!! Assyrians didn't even fight the Muslims (with minor exceptions)... Assyrian Christians were the most important group of Christians to the Islamic empire, they were the ones who translated Greek manuscripts to Arabic. They were instrumental in building the first hospital & the first university of the world, by request of the caliph Harun Rashid. Some of the greatest Islamic scientists & philosophers were Assyrians. There are still close to a million & half Assyrian in the Middle East today. The ones who massacred the Assyrian Christians is Timur Lang, the mongol conqueror, & the crusaders (to be fair, they massacred all types of Christians in Europe & the Middle East).

Who invaded Syria to kill Syriac Orthodox to become Arab majority?
- lmao! Syria WAS Arab, since thousands of years! Syria, Jordan & Palestine may have been vassal kingdoms under Roman rule, but they were populated mostly by Arabs: the tribes of Ghasan, Kalb, Lakhm, Balqeen...etc.  If you didn't know, the death toll of all the Arab conquests (from 630 to 720) is 130k, died in battle. Muslims didn't kill civilians, unlike the Christians.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen

Who invaded Constantinople and wiped out millions of native Byzantines to become Turkish majority?
- Hahaha! You're trynna sound like you know what you are talking about. So pathetic. I know the Christian crusaders invaded Constantinople, sacked the city, looted all its wealth & massacred its people. In contrast, 4000 Christians died in the siege of Constantinople, a much lesser number than the deaths among the Muslims. Mehmet the Conqueror granted asylum to everyone once he entered the city. He restored the Armenian Church, the Catholic Church & the Jewish Synagogue in his new capital, giving each their own neighborhood (still extant today), after centuries of being banned from the city by the Byzantines. He reinstated the patriarch of the Greek Orthodox Church back to Istanbul, after he was exiled by the previous Byzantine emperor (Constantine). He even appointed the heirs of said deceased emperor in his court (one as a governor & the other as a general).

Who was Timur Lung who killed 20 million Christians,Buddhists and Shias?
- 20 million is a fantastic number, that's more than half the population of his empire... No one could kill that many even if they tried.  Timur is a mongol who viewed himself as a restorer of Genghis Khan's rule from the Muslim usurpers. Although he converted to Islam, this did not deduct anything from his "mongolism". Timur may be the effective destroyer of the Eastern Church (Assyrian Church), but he killed far more Muslims than any other peoples; yet he was hugely celebrated in Europe for centuries & viewed as a hero. The Western Church (Catholic) cared very little for eastern churches, they loved him because he massacred the Ottoman Turks. Very few people in the Muslim world see Timur as a Muslim, most see him as a mongol.

Who invaded Persia through the sword and killed millions to convert Zoroastrians to Sunni Islam?
- Stop making shit up. Contrary to your wishes & dreams, Zoroastrians were prevented from converting to Islam by the Umayyads for the better part of a century after conquest, by imposing double taxation on them if they converted, & they were denied to migrate to Muslim communities even if they converted. It was not until 720 under the rule of Umar II that the tax was abolished & they were allowed to migrate to Muslim cities.

Who reconquered Sunni Persia and killed millions to convert them to Sharia Islam?
- I would admit that this happened, but not millions, more like a hundred thousands. The rest either left, resisted or had to accept Shiism. Not all states are equal. & that's my point. Lithuania gave asylum to Muslims when the rest of Europe persecuted them. The first state to support & protect Muslims was a Christian state, Abyssinia. That too is part of Christian history. But the overwhelming majority of Christian & European history is riddled with bloodiness, even against themselves, in complete contrast to Islamic history.

Who invaded Afghanistan and killed and drove out the Buddhists?
- Colonialists for the past 300 years. Afghanistan was conquered by Muslims pretty early on, within the first 20 years. Buddhists were respected by Muslims & were given protection under dhimmah right away. The grandfather of the founder of the most dominant theological school in Islamic history, Imam Ash'ari was a buddhist. 

Who killed 1 million in East Timor during the Indonesian occupation?
- The US backed regime of Suhatro, given green light by President Ford & supplied with US-made arms, to quash the communist rise in the region (just like they did in Vietnam) on which the foreign secretary commented, "it's a victory for freedom". It's funny how you don't know the atrocities of your own country. The US has caused the deaths of more than 20 million people around the world the past few decades, including 4 million Muslims.

Who killed 2 million Sudanese Christians? And who is committing terrorism in Russia,China,India,Phillipines,Nigeria,Kenya,Western world and the entire Middle East?
- USA.

And btw...who was committing the genocide of Yazidis? The Christians already chased out of Iraq and Syria by Muslims and lost their homes.
- Blame the US for invading the Middle East & funding groups like al-Qaeda & ISIS. It is indeed sad that mosques, shrines, churches, towns, cemeteries & age old towns with their peoples, can stand unfazed for a thousand years & disappear in moments. Is Yazidi life worth more than Muslim life? If hundreds of Christians died in the war, then more than a million a half Muslims died. So stop with your nonsense.

Also there were 25% of Christians in Bethlehem. Today under Abbas, the Christians had already shrink down to 4%. Same thing happened in Gaza. Christians were persecuted in Gaza and only in Israel are they protected . Christians are in the minority in Palestine now. How does Christians able to give independence to Chechyna and Palestine? It is a laughing stock when Christians were so persecuted and such a minority in Bethlehem, they can give independence to anyone.
- This has to be the most ironic terribly hilarious thing you said. They were massacred & displaced by Israelis, like the rest of Palestinians. Welcome to real history, not the propaganda they feed you 24/7. Entire cities & towns used to be Christian in Palestine are now Jewish cities under Israel. More than 500 towns & cities in Palestine were razed by zionists with full British support. In Haifa, the British escorted the Christians out of the city to cede their homes to jews & to allow the Israelis to bury Muslims in graves they were forced to dig themselves. 

This is not to mention all the Muslim atrocities committed by MUSLIMS over a THOUSAND YEARS BEFORE there was ever a British Empire or a United Sates of America. 
- You mean to say CHRISTIANS. Christians have been committing atrocities non-stop for the past 1000 years, especially against themselves, since the Crusades... Reconquista, Conquest of America, 100 Years War, French Wars of Religion, Nine Years War, Thirty Years War, English Civil War, Northern War...etc, causing more than 500 million deaths. You are projecting. That's what they West is best at, projecting your own evil onto others to justify yourself. The French called the Muslim Algerians the most viles of names with the most atrocious of accusations, when in reality their Muslim leader Abdul Kader punished his own men if they as much as touch a French prisoner of war, while his French countrpart Genral Duval would literally massacre entire villages & burn them with their people, he would kill the men & put their heads on spikes & send the skulls back to France as tribute, & strip the women, cover their faces & have games with them with his French soldiers. If you don't believe me, go look into the visual archive. Don't be too shocked, this is nothing, the crusaders used to kill people & eat their flesh. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Yassine

- You mean to say CHRISTIANS.

NOPE!. I mean MUSLIMS and well before a British Empire or the USA was even thought of.  

Yassine, you are no better than those demented fundamental Christians that believe that their god can do no wrong and is perfect in every way when both the bible and the Quran clearly prove for  themselves and anyone that cares to read them, that your gods are anything but. 

In the case of the Christians it is their own fault for adopting a god they didn't understand and knew absolutely nothing about, from a time they didn't understand and a culture that they didn't understand. 

I will say one thing for the Quran and that is:  as vile and violent and intolerant as it is,  it means exactly what it says and is true to itself.
Christianity, thankfully,went through a reformation, but the Abrahamic roots are still there and have been clung to,  to be highlighted and argued about for eternity. 
There seems to have been an attempted breakaway from the OT and the god of the Jews at one time and I believe one can see this in Johns  (the forth) gospel where John apparently is constantly referring to "the Jews" as if he was not a Jew himself and wanted no part of the Jew ideology/religion.

Anyway.  I have heard  the likes of all of your shite before as I have the attempted justification of the cruelty and unjustness of the Christian god that they now call Jesus the Christ..

Christianity has  extremely violent roots . Islam has  extremely violent roots, an  extremally violent past and extremely violent present. And I have already sad, that it is Muslims that are the biggest victims of Islam.

I mean, murder because of a cartoon!!?  A fatwa for writing a novel!!!  When the fk are you lot going to decide drag yourselves and you mentality  into the 21st century? 

How much is the head of the novelist Salman Rushdie worth now?  £3 million if murdered my an Iranian Muslim?  

Yes, that really sells your violent ideology as the "religion of peace" , doesn't it?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
To be honest Stephen.

GOD/GODS are all made up anyway.

And conditioned intolerance and violence are a fact of life.

Old Osama and the family didn't even get chance to put their pants on.

And some Muslims stereotype Other Arabianists.

And some Other Arabianists stereotype Muslims.

And all the Muslims that I know, just want to chat about the same things that I want to chat about.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4

And all the Muslims that I know, just want to chat about the same things that I want to chat about.

Many Muslim that I speak to tell me that they want to leave Islam but are terrified.  Two I know converted to Christianity  and have had to leave there homes after repeated attacks. 

Other  Muslims think that  I am the scum of the earth,   while others don't give two fks about their religion or anyone else's.

Same old same old, Vic lad, same old, same old.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Yassine
- The same way the US Constitution does...
The US constitution doesn't kill atheists and it prohibits the death penalty except for high crimes and felonies.

As for US today, we can see the news, every day. It's terrible. You don't have to go that far to lie to my face like that.
The media takes extremely rare incidents in the US and blows them up to be this very big thing.  I think the news should switch it's content from covering murder stories (which nobody really cares about) to something else, maybe laws the US government is making so if there is a bad law, our politicians get voted out.

Not to burst your bubble friend, but much of the rest of the world does not have such a rosy picture of your country as you imagine.
America has many allies.

You have to establish your convictions with proofs
America's first amendment prohibits the government getting involved, but there is too much corruption in DC.  That's why I'm wanting to run for POTUS uncorrupted.

As I said, the state can not allow anything that undermines its authority. The US constantly undermines governments all over the world, but it's too powerful to be undermined by other states. This was not the case during the Cold War, when the Soviets were almost as powerful. & this will not be the case in the near future either, for more powerful states are rapidly emerging, like China. From 1990s to 2000s the US has seen its most stable period, less so since the Patriot Act. & we have seen huge signs of instability in the US for the past couple of years, where, for instance, huge chunks of Trump supporters were jailed & silenced. Palosi called the attack on Hong Kong Parliament a "beautiful sight of behold" of people rising to topple the government accusing Hong Kong of human right violations, yet when the same thing happens in the US, they bring in 25k troops & jail people by the droves. This hypocrisy was not lost on anyone.
We shouldn't be undermining other country's governments and I think the Trump supporters were jailed for threatening politician's lives.  If someone breaks into my home, I might shoot them.  I don't want to risk getting killed by some criminal, and if I have a gf, I don't want her getting raped.  I don't want my shit stolen.  This is why I would want to get a gun to protect myself.

So if you leave your country to move to America, and you renounce your allegiance to your former country, you would get put to death?
- I'm talking about things a thousand years ago. How is that relevant today??? 
Because your saying that if someone renounces their state in Islam, that they are put to death.

- Christchurch Tarrant was regarded as a hero by many too, your point? 
My point is that the US public didn't denounce Swoden for revealing the government's spying powers.

The Muslims in the US have to hide their Islam out of fear for being jailed or executed.
You probably haven't been to America, but there are mosques and people being open about their Muslim faith.  They don't get prosecuted for this.  Most people leave them alone.

Maybe we can debate American values vs. Islamic values? You can pick the topic.
If we debate, I'd perfer it to be unrated.  Unless I'm sure I can win a rated debate, I don't have the guts to do a rated debate.  But I got some other debates going right now.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Exactly Stephen.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@TheUnderdog
The US constitution doesn't kill atheists and it prohibits the death penalty except for high crimes and felonies.
- So does the Quran. So stop making stuff up.

The media takes extremely rare incidents in the US and blows them up to be this very big thing.  I think the news should switch it's content from covering murder stories (which nobody really cares about) to something else, maybe laws the US government is making so if there is a bad law, our politicians get voted out.
- Umm... Rare??? The US experiences more than one mass killing per day. I've been to more than 20 countries, in most of them mass killings happen once every few years.

America has many allies.
- & many more enemies. & even those allies generally don't like the US either. You think the Europeans are joyous the Americans keep screwing them over & dragging them with their BS...? 

America's first amendment prohibits the government getting involved, but there is too much corruption in DC.  That's why I'm wanting to run for POTUS uncorrupted.
- So does every country's constitution. The fact is, no state seeks its own downfall, if anything appears to undermine it authority, it will be terminated one way or another. 

We shouldn't be undermining other country's governments
- You're very funny! With more than 700 military bases around the world, the US has conducted more than 90 military interventions since WWII (nuclear, invasions, genocides, occupations, bombings, raids...etc), & more than a 100 interventions in foreign elections in the same period. As Noam Chomsky said, every US president must be indicted for war crimes.

and I think the Trump supporters were jailed for threatening politician's lives.
- Of course there is always a rationale to explain any state's action, after all, states are 'rational entities'. However, your country's rationale may not necessarily be assumed by other countries. To most of the world, these acts just look like the government stifling opposition. 

If someone breaks into my home, I might shoot them. I don't want to risk getting killed by some criminal, and if I have a gf, I don't want her getting raped.  I don't want my shit stolen.  This is why I would want to get a gun to protect myself.
- If you believe you have a right to defend yourself & shoot the one who breaks into your home, what do you think about the millions killed or displaced by your country?

Because your saying that if someone renounces their state in Islam, that they are put to death.
- As a maximum punishment, absolutely. Not relevant today though. Treason laws have replaced traditional apostasy laws. Today's notion of nation hinges on allegiance to the flag, whereas the traditional notion of nation revolved around allegiance to the faith. While borders define a nation today,  communities defined the traditional nation.

My point is that the US public didn't denounce Swoden for revealing the government's spying powers.
- Exactly. The "freedom of speech" mantra is itself a propaganda tool of the state to maintain its control over the people. 

You probably haven't been to America, but there are mosques and people being open about their Muslim faith. 
- You haven't been to Muslim countries, where atheists are open about their non-faith too. 

They don't get prosecuted for this.  Most people leave them alone.
- I agree the US has a more tolerant attitude towards Muslims than say, Europe, especially in worship related practices. However, that does not mean they are granted to practice freely their religion. The western notion of "religious freedom" only extends to freedom of conscience, not freedom of practice. A Muslim in the US (or the West in general) can not exercise much of his faith or act according to its morality in practice, for that is restricted by law. 

If we debate, I'd perfer it to be unrated.  Unless I'm sure I can win a rated debate, I don't have the guts to do a rated debate. But I got some other debates going right now.
- You can pick the topic you're most confident about. Any ideas?

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen
 NOPE!. I mean MUSLIMS and well before a British Empire or the USA was even thought of.  
- CHRISTIANS existed well before the British Empire & the US & the MUSLIMS...

Yassine, you are no better than those demented fundamental Christians that believe that their god can do no wrong and is perfect in every way when both the bible and the Quran clearly prove for  themselves and anyone that cares to read them, that your gods are anything but. 
- You seem quite confident about your assertions. Let's have a debate over this, you can then prove everyone you are right.

In the case of the Christians it is their own fault for adopting a god they didn't understand and knew absolutely nothing about, from a time they didn't understand and a culture that they didn't understand. 
- Christians -with a capital 'C'- may have had a terrible history, but christians abiding by their faith & following the example of Jesus (pbuh) are here to remain.

I will say one thing for the Quran and that is:  as vile and violent and intolerant as it is,  it means exactly what it says and is true to itself.
Christianity, thankfully, went through a reformation, but the Abrahamic roots are still there and have been clung to,  to be highlighted and argued about for eternity. 
There seems to have been an attempted breakaway from the OT and the god of the Jews at one time
- By Marcion of Sinope, he was proclaimed heretic & excommunicated by the Church.

and I believe one can see this in Johns (the forth) gospel where John apparently is constantly referring to "the Jews" as if he was not a Jew himself and wanted no part of the Jew ideology/religion.
- According to most biblical scholars, the author of the 4th gospel is not actually John, he is anonymous. 

Anyway.  I have heard  the likes of all of your shite before as I have the attempted justification of the cruelty and unjustness of the Christian god that they now call Jesus the Christ..
- If not the Bible, what do you actually believe in?

Christianity has  extremely violent roots .
- Western Christianity does, & even more violent history. Eastern Christianity, in contrast, emerged with much grievances & has been far more peaceful historically. 

Islam has extremely violent roots, an extremally violent past and extremely violent present.
- That's a mouthful. Let's debate this, so you can show everyone how violent Islam is.

And I have already sad, that it is Muslims that are the biggest victims of Islam.
- Of Christianity* & the West*. 

I mean, murder because of a cartoon!!?  A fatwa for writing a novel!!!  When the fk are you lot going to decide drag yourselves and you mentality  into the 21st century? 
- Are you insane?!! Your country lays waste to entire nations killing millions for much less. Spare me the sensational BS. Who do you think is buying your nonsense!!!

Yes, that really sells your violent ideology as the "religion of peace", doesn't it?
- Yet, more than 50% of wars & deaths across history were instigated by Christians & westerners, vs. less than 5% by Muslims. I was just reading on the hundreds of native children in church graveyards in Canada who were kidnapped by the Church from their parents to "civilize" them & to wipe out their history. Such sad events.

Kadin
Kadin
-->
@TheUnderdog
Unfortunately God still exists, but I need to find a different religion other than Christianity.

In another thread, you said "I am an atheist and biblical passages shouldn't dictate legal opinions."  Do you believe in God? 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Kadin
For me, it changes a lot, which is why I often contradict myself on religion.  But I believe God exists, yet I don't worship him because I strongly disagree with some things God has done.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Yassine
- Are you insane?!!

Nope.

Your country lays waste to entire nations killing millions for much less. 

Heard it all before.

Christians where as bad and ruthless as Muslims ever were and millions of Muslims still are.  If they are not taking part in this indiscriminate murder, many  support the actions of those that do.

I was just reading on the hundreds of native children in church graveyards in Canada who were kidnapped by the Church from their parents to "civilize" them & to wipe out their history. Such sad events.

Yes extremely sad and shameful. As is burning people alive in cages just few years ago.

And if you haven't brought that good ol' SB excuse of  "Muslims only acting in self defence";   the crusades were the result of MUSLIM invasion into the holy land. 

You can play this bs tit-for -tat argument all day long. It doesn't alter that fact the Islam is not a religion of peace.  Or the fact that the Old Testament (written for the Hebrew and Israelite audience) and its god in particular starts with killing almost from the time of creation and the murder and slaughter  of the innocent on this gods commands   doesn't stop after  that.

You will be hard pushed to find a verse in the New Testament where the Christ himself orders the death of people that do not believe in him. 

Quran 9:29 - Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture – [fight] until they give the jizyah (jizyah = tax levied by Muslim on non- - believers or be killed on refusal to pay willingly while they are humbled.

Like I have said, I have heard all these type of bullshite apologetics from Muslims before as I have heard similar apologetics  from Christians that attempt to defend the murderous orders to slaughter, rape, rob and enslave from the god that they adopted.

Yet, more than 50% of wars & deaths across history were instigated by Christians & westerners,.............................

FKN YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWN

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
If you were more agreeable -  with the way people understand it..#36

I what way "agreeable" ?
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen

Heard it all before.
- Exactly! It means nothing to you. But, no country can sustain its hegemony while causing so much damage & so much death around the world.

Christians where as bad and ruthless as Muslims ever were and millions of Muslims still are.  If they are not taking part in this indiscriminate murder, many  support the actions of those that do.
- I get you now. You're like that lady who was complaining about how distressed her dog was to the other whose children were bombed to smithereens. Heartless.

Yes extremely sad and shameful. As is burning people alive in cages just few years ago. https://video.foxnews.com/v/4030583977001#sp=show-clips
- That's how hundreds of thousands of Iraqis died under American bombings, burned & blown to pieces. But then again, you care absolutely nothing for Muslim life.

And if you haven't brought that good ol' SB excuse of  "Muslims only acting in self defence";   the crusades were the result of MUSLIM invasion into the holy land. 
- This only works on zealot ignorants. You never expect someone to defend such atrocious things as the Crusades, but then here you are! First of all, the Crusades were waged by Franks & Catholics who have nothing to do with the Middle East, to reclaim a land in another continent which has never been theirs to begin with, in a purported "retaliation" 5 centuries after the fact, massacring in their wake the actual Christians of the Holy Land, along with the Muslims & Jews. I can't imagine anything more absurd than this. Second of all, *most* crusades were not in the Holy Land, most were actually aimed at other Christian "heretics" purging them with slaughter & pillaging their lands. Even the pacifist Cathars were genocided by the crusaders. The Crusades are the single greatest grievance between the eastern churches & the Catholics. 

You can play this bs tit-for -tat argument all day long. It doesn't alter that fact the Islam is not a religion of peace.
- Since that's such an obvious fact, let's debate it. Why are you running from debating? Or do you perhaps know you're full of sh*t you can't support your claims?

Or the fact that the Old Testament (written for the Hebrew and Israelite audience) and its god in particular starts with killing almost from the time of creation and the murder and slaughter  of the innocent on this gods commands   doesn't stop after  that.
- The Old Testament is part of the Christian Bible; a Christian who denies that is a heretic. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19

You will be hard pushed to find a verse in the New Testament where the Christ himself orders the death of people that do not believe in him. 
- "Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." Matthew 10:34-35 "But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.” Luke 19:27. “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” (to a Canaanite woman asking Jesus for help) Matthew 15:26. It is indeed ironic how Jesus (pbuh) is portrayed in the Bible, confused & self-contradicted. Sometimes kind, sometimes a bigot, sometimes forgiving, sometimes vengeful; in contrast to how he is portrayed in our tradition, an example for compassion & austerity. These stories are clearly made up about Jesus (pbuh) to fit the authors' whims & agendas.

Quran 9:29 - Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture – [fight] until they give the jizyah
(jizyah = tax levied by Muslim on non- - believers or be killed on refusal to pay willingly while they are humbled.)
- Stop making stuff up. Jizyah is a yearly poll tax on every militarily able adult male for the purpose of exception from military service, (between 250$ & 1000$ in today's USD). If you have a problem with state taxation, you may wanna go to Mars or something, so you don't end up in a federal prison. The IRS will not be able to chase after you there...

Like I have said, I have heard all these type of bullshite apologetics from Muslims before as I have heard similar apologetics  from Christians that attempt to defend the murderous orders to slaughter, rape, rob and enslave from the god that they adopted.
- I'm confused. Are you a Christian or are you not? 

- Exactly how I feel every time I read your posts.
Stephen
Stephen
Heard it all before.
- Exactly! It means nothing to you.

Oh but it does.  It means that Islam is still on its mission to covert the world  and by the sword/ bomb or beheading in broad daylight, if necessary.  That is what I find so disturbing. And it appears to me the you - the so called - House of Peace - also welcomes this.

- Since that's such an obvious fact, let's debate it.

Nothing to debate. You have already admitted that it is an "obvious fact" that both religions have indiscriminate and unjust violence and murder under their belts.  What you should, or could be concentrating on is how you can contribute to reforming your violent religion in the 21st century.  But Islam cannot be reformed can it?  It cannot turn from violence "until all religion is for Allah", can it? Those are the instructions that come from the god of Islam.  

The Old Testament is part of the Christian Bible; a Christian who denies that is a heretic.

That's my point you idiot! I have said to you twice now!!that the mistake of Christians is that they adopted a god they didn't understand ,  from a time they don't understand and a culture they didn't and still do not understand. SEE third sentence after your quote, take the  time to read it>>>>

Stephen wrote;  "In the case of the Christians it is their own fault for adopting a god they didn't understand and knew absolutely nothing about, from a time they didn't understand and a culture that they didn't understand".

But, no country can sustain its hegemony while causing so much damage & so much death around the world.

Which includes Middle Eastern factions that want to wipe each other from the face of the earth  because Sunni believes different to the Sh`ite.   Very disturbing, indeed,  for one MUSLIM faction or another.  Point is, Islam is no fkn different in that there are also to be found divisions that have been created in the Christian camp.

- I'm confused.

One will find much confusion in those that believe  in a supernatural events such as a being that can "fly to the moon on a donkey and split it in half"< Muslim .  OR donkey that speaks with the "voice of god".< Christian.

- "Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." Matthew 10:34-35 "But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.” Luke 19:27. “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” (to a Canaanite woman asking Jesus for help) Matthew 15:26. It is indeed ironic how Jesus (pbuh) is portrayed in the Bible, confused & self-contradicted. Sometimes kind, sometimes a bigot, sometimes forgiving, sometimes vengeful; in contrast to how he is portrayed in our tradition, an example for compassion & austerity. These stories are clearly made up about Jesus (pbuh) to fit the authors' whims & agendas.

Well done , very good.

NOW SEE bold above  and stop ignoring it.

You are forgetting who is supposed to be saying these words and who  the  -I - is. This is supposedly a god speaking about what HE has come for, what what HE intends .  

Your verses are not  clear outright instructions to HIS flowerers from HIM, to go out into the world and rape, murder, rob and enslave anyone that doesn't believe in HIM/ GOD , i.e  he is saying that HE god , god alone,  is the judge of mankind and not for man to judge. Unlike the vile and direct instructions given by the god of ISLAM to his adherents.

I will certainly grant you that your chosen biblical verses above do go against and contradict other statements that HE-  the Christian  god is also supposed to have said.  Such is nature of the bible. That is also why I have also said to you, if you have taken the time to read  :>>>>>

Stephen wrote; "I will say one thing for the Quran and that is:  as vile and violent and intolerant as it is,  it means exactly what it says and is true to itself"......

.....whereas the Christian New Testament is on the surface a jumble of ambiguous, anomalous and contradictory half stories that Christians  so hopelessly attempt to explain and defend.  Give them a few tough questions and LIKE YOU, they will say all kinds of lying shite in an attempt to defend the indefensible.

Are you a Christian or are you not? 

I am irreligious, and this stance no doubt, places me on Allah's list of the condemned, Yassine. 

- Exactly how I feel every time I read your posts.

Then simply don't fkn read them, you clown.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Stephen
Oh but it does. It means that Islam is still on its mission to covert the world and by the sword/ bomb or beheading in broad daylight, if necessary.
- The only entity that has been doing this for the past 1000 years is Christianity/West. They invade, slaughter & loot, & then blame their victims. Like the bandit who slaughters the village & is offended a villager dares to scratch his arms. 

That is what I find so disturbing. And it appears to me the you - the so called - House of Peace - also welcomes this.
- This exact mentality is what led to the Crusades, the massacre of 90% of the American native population & half the African population, & all the invasions since. The world is changing, Western dominion is fading, so is their narrative. 

- Since that's such an obvious fact, let's debate it.
Nothing to debate. You have already admitted that it is an "obvious fact" that both religions have indiscriminate and unjust violence and murder under their belts.  What you should, or could be concentrating on is how you can contribute to reforming your violent religion in the 21st century.
- You mean reform like Christianity? Here is a short list of wars by Christians/West since the Reformation with a toll of 515 million deaths:
100 Years’ War__3 300 000_deaths
Conquest of the Americas (C16th-19th)__137 750 000_deaths
Peasants’ War (1524-1525)__100 000_deaths
French Wars of Religion (1562–1598)__4 000 000_deaths
Tyrone’s Rebellion/Nine Year’s War (1594-1603)__130 000_deaths
Thirty Years’ War (1618–1648)__11 500 000_deaths
Wars of the Three Kingdoms (1639-1651)__735 000_deaths
English Civil War __876 000_deaths
Transatlantic Slave Trade (17th to 19th)__4 300 000_deaths
Second Northern War__400 000_deaths
Great Turkish War (1683-1699)__384 000_deaths
Great Northern War (1700-1721)__400 000_deaths
War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1714)__700 000_deaths
War of the Austrian Succession (1740-48)__359 000_deaths
Seven Years’ War (1756-1763)__1 400 000_deaths
Russian-Circassian War (1763-1864)__1 500 000_deaths
Haitian Revolution (1791-1804)__350 000_deaths
French Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802)__663 000_deaths
French Revolution (1793-1794)__600 000_deaths
Napoleonic Wars (1804–1815)__7 000 000_deaths
Mexican War of Independence (1810-21)__400 000_deaths
Grand Columbia Wars of Independence (1810-21)__120 000_deaths
Caucasian War (from 1817)__1 500 000_deaths
Java War (1825-30)__180 000_deaths
Russo-Turkish War (1828-29)__191 000_deaths
First Carlist War, Spain (1832-1840)__125 000_deaths
French Conquest of Algeria (1839-47)__1 500 000_deaths
Great Irish Famine (1845-52)__1 500 000_deaths
Mexican Yucatan Maya Campaign (1847-55)__300 000_deaths
Tai Ping Rebellion (China, 1851–1864)__100 000 000_deaths
Crimean War (1854–1856)__277 000_deaths
Seapoy Mutiny (1857)__10 000 000_deaths
American Civil War (1861–1865)__900 000_deaths
War of the Triple Alliance, Paraguay (1864–1870)__1 200 000_deaths
Ten Years’ War Cuba (1868-78)__200 000_deaths
Franco-Prussian War (1870–1871)__204 000_deaths
Aceh War (1873-1914)__107 000_deaths
Russo-Turkish War (1877-78)__285 000_deaths
Conquests of Menelik II Ethiopia (1882- 1898)__5 000 000_deaths
Congo Free State colonial war (1885-1908)__12 000 000_deaths
Cuban Revolution (1895-98)__300 000_deaths
Philippine-American War (1898-1913)__1 120 000_deaths
Second Boer War (1898–1902)__75 000_deaths
Thousand Days War (1899–1901)__150 000_deaths
Boxer Rebellion (1899-1901)__115 000_deaths
Mad Mullah Jihad, Somalia (1899-1920)__100 000_deaths
Indian extermination, Brazil (1900 et seq.)__500 000_deaths
Portuguese Colonialism (1900-25)__325 000_deaths
Imperial Russia (1900-1917)__100 000_deaths
Herero Genocide (1904-07)__60 000_deaths
Maji-Maji Revolt, German East Afr (1905-07)__250 000_deaths
Mexican Revolution (1910–1920)__2 000 000_deaths
Libya-Italian Wars (1911-1931)__125 000_deaths
Balkan Wars (1912-13)__225 000_deaths
World War I (1914–1918)__66 000 000_deaths
Russian Civil War (1917–1922)__9 000 000_deaths
Russo-Polish War (1918-1920)__100 000_deaths
Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922)__250 000_deaths
Ukrainian Pogroms (1919-21)__70 000_deaths
Second Riffian War (1921-26)__100 000_deaths
Chaco War (1932–1935)__100 500_deaths
Nazis Germany__760 000_deaths
Abyssinian War (1935-41)__400 000_deaths
Spanish Civil War (1936–1939)__1 000 000_deaths
World War II (1939–1945)__85 000 000_deaths
Franco’s regime (1939-75)__160 000_deaths
Winter War (1939-1940)__100 000_deaths
Continuation War (1941-1944)__371 000_deaths
Indochina War (1945–1975)__5 100 000_deaths
Post-War Expulsion of Germans (1945-47)__3 000 000_deaths
Indonesian National Revolution__205 000_deaths
Greek Civil War (1945-1949)__160 000_deaths
Madagascar Revolt (1947)__60 000_deaths
La Violencia (1948-1958)__300 000_deaths
Korean War (1950–1953)__5 040 000_deaths
Mau Mau Uprising (1952-1960)__61 185_deaths
Algerian War of Independence (1954–1962)__1 500 000_deaths
First Sudanese Civil War (1955-1972)__500 000_deaths
Guatemaltec Civil War (1960–1996)__200 000_deaths
Eritrean War of Independence (1961-1991)__570 000_deaths
Portuguese Colonial Wars__140 000_deaths
Angolan War of Independence__80 000_deaths
Mozambique Anti-Colonial War (1961-1975)__60 000_deaths
Ethiopian Civil Wars (1962–1991)__1 500 000_deaths
Mozambican War of Independence (1964-1974)__88 500_deaths
Nigerian Civil War (1967–1970), Biafran__3 000 000_deaths
Mindanao Conflict (1969-ongoing)__160 000_deaths
First Burundi Civil War (1972)__300 000_deaths
Nicaraguan Rebellion (1972-91)__60 000_deaths
Angolan Civil War (1975–2002)__550 000_deaths
Lebanese Civil War (1975–1990)__162 000_deaths
Mozambique Civil War (1976–1993)__1 000 000_deaths
Ugandan Civil War (1979–1986)__500 000_deaths
El Salvador Civil War (1980–1992)__75 000_deaths
Contra Rebellion (1981-90)__57 000_deaths
Second Sudanese Civil War (1983–2005)__1 000 000_deaths
Liberian Civil War (1989-1997)__220 000_deaths
Rwandan Civil War (1990-1994)__1 000 000_deaths
Congo Civil War (1991–1997)__800 000_deaths
Sierra Leone Civil War (1991–2002)__200 000_deaths
Bosnian War (1992–1995)__120 000_deaths
Persian Gulf War (1991)__100 000_deaths
Second Burundi Civil War (1993)__400 000_deaths
First Chechen War (1994–1996)__200 000_deaths
First Congo War (1996-97)__200 000_deaths
Second Congo War (1998–2007)__5 400 000_deaths
Eritrean-Ethiopian War (1998–2000)__190 000_deaths
Second Liberian Civil War (1999-2003)__300 000_deaths
Second Chechen War (1999 et seq.)__210 000_deaths
U.S. Invasion of Afghanistan (2001 – 2002)__50 000_deaths
Iraq War (2003-Present)__1 120 000_deaths
Mexican Drug War__110 000_deaths

But Islam cannot be reformed can it?  It cannot turn from violence "until all religion is for Allah", can it? Those are the instructions that come from the god of Islam.  
- Yeah, we'll pass, we don't want to be like the violent Christians.

Stephen wrote;  "In the case of the Christians it is their own fault for adopting a god they didn't understand and knew absolutely nothing about, from a time they didn't understand and a culture that they didn't understand".
- Your words mean nothing, when Jesus (pbuh) himself says he came to uphold the Torah.  

Which includes Middle Eastern factions that want to wipe each other from the face of the earth  because Sunni believes different to the Sh`ite.   Very disturbing, indeed,  for one MUSLIM faction or another.  Point is, Islam is no fkn different in that there are also to be found divisions that have been created in the Christian camp.
- Incited by the West. Before the US invaded the Middle East, the region was largely stable. They US can not keep its hold on oil supplies & protect Israel if the region is stable & powerful.

One will find much confusion in those that believe  in a supernatural events such as a being that can "fly to the moon on a donkey and split it in half"< Muslim .  OR donkey that speaks with the "voice of god".< Christian.
- You have wild imaginations. 

Well done , very good.
NOW SEE bold above  and stop ignoring it.
- The one ignoring the passages is you, conveniently dismissing the part where he says: "bring them here and slaughter them before me."

You are forgetting who is supposed to be saying these words and who  the  -I - is. This is supposedly a god speaking about what HE has come for, what what HE intends .  
- You just made the passage so much worse, where the god himself came to wage war... 

Your verses are not  clear outright instructions to HIS flowerers from HIM, to go out into the world and rape, murder, rob and enslave anyone that doesn't believe in HIM/ GOD , i.e  he is saying that HE god , god alone,  is the judge of mankind and not for man to judge. 
- Jesus portrayed in the NT is a man who sacrifices himself for Mankind who calls to his followers to love their enemies & give them the other cheek while accepting injustice & humiliation done against themselves, then also slaughter them too,  just so he can destroy those who reject him in the most vengeful manner himself. None of it makes any sense.

Unlike the vile and direct instructions given by the god of ISLAM to his adherents.
- There is no such instruction in the Quran whatsoever. If you find it, I'll become Christian, how about it? All passages in the Quran about fighting are in self-defense to establish peace.

I will certainly grant you that your chosen biblical verses above do go against and contradict other statements that HE-  the Christian  god is also supposed to have said.  Such is nature of the bible. That is also why I have also said to you, if you have taken the time to read  :>>>>>
.....whereas the Christian New Testament is on the surface a jumble of ambiguous, anomalous and contradictory half stories that Christians  so hopelessly attempt to explain and defend.  Give them a few tough questions and LIKE YOU, they will say all kinds of lying shite in an attempt to defend the indefensible.
- Then why do you defend the Bible & Christians?

I am irreligious, and this stance no doubt, places me on Allah's list of the condemned, Yassine. 
- Only Allah knows that.

Then simply don't fkn read them, you clown.
- Aren't you a little too angry...?

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@TheUnderdog
For me, it changes a lot, which is why I often contradict myself on religion.  But I believe God exists, yet I don't worship him because I strongly disagree with some things God has done.
- Interesting! Such as what? 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Yassine
The Bible killed many Egyptians to free a smaller number of Hebrews, then defended slavery.  Sorry I didn’t respond to everything you said previously, but since I have many debates going on, forums don’t take priority.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheUnderdog
 But I believe God exists, yet I don't worship him because I strongly disagree with some things God has done.

But why must you equate God with the Bible? you believe God exists, yet you disagree with the contents of the Bible, what if God is independent of the contents of the Bible? did you ever consider my original post in this thread?