Jordan Peterson

Author: sadolite

Total: 170
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
Shaker --alternative to Quaker lifestyle---- woman{en} invented circular saw blade, square broom { instead of round } and clothes pins.

A shame the  Shakers did not engage in sex.  To tight minded in those areas. Very strict about order. 

..."They called themselves the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing, but because of their ecstatic dancing, the world called them Shakers. Ken Burns creates a moving portrait of this particularly American movement, and in the process, offers us a new and unusually moving way to understand the Shakers."...

The picture I remmeber best is of them in two or three, four o rmore story house and all the men are on one side of large stair-case and all the women on the other side of the stair-case. 

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
Yeeaaah?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Those are your indoctrinated interpretations and no amount of discussion will ever change that.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Alright bud.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Many people interpret this to also mean equality of outcome. We are equal at birth, but that's where  both equality and equality of outcome ends. I've know this to be true since I was like 8 years old. It was self evident, A lot of people are way better than me in every way. Well maybe not at operating a bridge saw and laying out granite and marble slabs. I am sure I am in the top 1% doing that.
badger
badger
You were actually such a neat tradesman always sadolite and it's a pity you can't showcase your work here but you should lay off the cults lol.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@janesix
"big fat weasel" in this instance means a particularly deceitful and conniving personality, in the way he beats around the bush in order not to answer personal questions. The most important one being "do you believe in God", which happens to be important in his case,as he talks about God an awful lot.
I’m a consequentialist in that if he’s deradicalized or prevented radicalisation then I consider that a win. There are far worse people Sadolite might have been drawn into.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
What "cults" have I ever mentioned? Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist with decades of experience and research involving human nature. I guess if that is what a cult is then label me guilty.
badger
badger
-->
@sadolite
Guilty. Hanged at noon. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
"There are far worse people Sadolite might have been drawn into."

Give an example of someone far worse than Jordan Peterson that you think I would even give the time of day to. Most of my views are based on personal observation and just being alive for 57 years. You can blow all the academic smoke up my ass all you want but in the end I will look at the results. If the results don't mirror your words then your words are a heaping pile of worthless of crap.
badger
badger
You're much more articulate than I remember honestly. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
No, I have been saying the same shit way back then on DDO. The only difference is all the warnings I gave back then are being proven right. Not all but many. The biggest is of course the gay marriage issue and Pandora's box. "That will never happen"
badger
badger
-->
@sadolite
I honestly wish you all the best with whatever makes the most sense to you.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
It has nothing to do with what makes sense, its what works and gives the desired result. Example: Feminism makes sense to woman but does not give the desired results but rather the exact opposite.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxFUWreI7BA&t=1236s
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
--> @oromagi
Many people interpret this to also mean equality of outcome.

The Founding Fathers' intent was quite clear- equal means equal under the law and in the eyes of the state, equal in political power (one citizen, one vote) and morally equal- equal in the eyes of god or as Paul put it: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" That was the original and American ideal.

We are equal at birth, but that's where  both equality and equality of outcome ends.
I just don't believe that Americans lose (or ought to lose) rights or access to franchise as they grow older.

A lot of people are way better than me in every way.
You still have your vote and your day in court- your right to petition and protest- same as an American.  This notion of segregating worthies for increased franchise (based on what?  wealth and phenotype as far as I can tell) contradicts the American vision.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
all the warnings I gave back then are being proven right. Not all but many. The biggest is of course the gay marriage issue and Pandora's box. "That will never happen"

What then are all the evils released up on the world (Pandora's Box) by gay marriage?

I am under the impression that Peterson endorses gay marriage with the proviso that children ought to have male and female role models (which I happen to agree with).
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
What you think should be and what reality is are two different things. All the laws and rules in the world wont change what is and always will be. People are not equal and never will be. Not under the law or  in society. This is proved every single day of the years 24/7. It is up to the individual to put themselves in advantageous positions.  Fairness  and equality does not exist. The best you can do is promote opportunity by promoting competence. The fact you were born is as meaningless as an aborted baby. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
--> @oromagi
What you think should be and what reality is are two different things. All the laws and rules in the world wont change what is and always will be. People are not equal and never will be. Not under the law or  in society. This is proved every single day of the years 24/7. It is up to the individual to put themselves in advantageous positions.  Fairness  and equality does not exist.

George the Third would have heartily agreed.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Two examples: The normalization of pedophilia  and transgenderism and teaching it in our schools to 6 year old's. "That was never gonna happen"  What do we have now, transgenders teaching 6 year old's about sex in our public schools.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
It really doesn't matter how much you live in denial or how much you preach for equality or give names of tyrants. The world is what it is and you live in it. You can either accept that it is unfair and take actions that benefit you or you can cry and whine about it and live in your miserable unfair world until you die. Either way the world will remain unfair and those who adapt and work around what stands in their way will be the ones who will succeed in life be it man or woman. The world doesn't give a fuck about you. You have to prove you have value so it does. Crying and whining that this is unfair will most assuredly make the world not give a fuck about you. You have no value, you are a whiner who demands things and brings nothing to the table. I am speaking of people, both men and women  in general, not directly at you just to make that clear.  "All is fair in love and war" 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
"There are far worse people Sadolite might have been drawn into." 

Give an example of someone far worse than Jordan Peterson that you think I would even give the time of day to. Most of my views are based on personal observation and just being alive for 57 years. You can blow all the academic smoke up my ass all you want but in the end I will look at the results. If the results don't mirror your words then your words are a heaping pile of worthless of crap.
I was going to give an obvious answer like Donald Trump, but I don’t think it would apply to you.
To be honest I don’t know you well enough. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Policies I didn't like that Trump did.  Added trillions more to the debt. "My number one worry in the world"  Didn't do enough to get the southern boarder wall built. Let the left destroy monuments with impunity. Let activists burn cities down with impunity.  I'd still vote for him. Why you ask.? Because he publicly stated it was wrong to allow monuments and cities burn to the ground. Democrats and the left try to justify it. I will never vote for anyone who justifies the destruction of their own country and berates and denigrates the citizens of their own country that they want to lead. Not fucking ever. I have no problem with berating the leadership whatsoever. They deserve every criticism they have coming and they deserve to be berated and denigrated. But you don't blame the citizen for the state of the union. You don't whine down the chain of command and blame your subordinates for your incompetence. Trump didn't do that. He criticized the incompetent assholes that have been running this country into the ground. Any politician that says one negative word about the voter instantly loses my vote. "Instantly" That is the hall mark of the Democrat party and the left. To blame me the voter for all the problems they created along with the Republican party right in tow is absolute arrogance of the highest order and not deserving of a single vote.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Burning cities down? Oh let me try let me try! Trump has lead marches to destroy cities too.

Historical monuments are like picture books; you don’t learn much from them, but they’re fun to look at. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
You will never get my vote. You talk just like the arrogant politicians I just described.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
I’m working on a speech and I’d like your opinion: 

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Illegal, undocumented, unvetted, immigrants are a mixed bag.
The populations of some countries, are better than others.

Are these two statements incorrect?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
@greyparrot on earlier post

Your pet analogy doesn't stack up.

To begin with, regardless of species or temperament of pet, most female humans seem far more attracted to the idea of pets than most male humans do. This is consistent with obedient cute pets (m ost rodents, rabbits, dogs etc) as well as rebellious non-truly-owned pets (cats, most reptiles, ferrets etc).

Male humans in general have smaller proportion of them into pets than female humans do. However, when it comes to the most rebellious, alpha pets you actually will find it's male humans owning and interacting with them. The only owner of a pet polar bear is a male human who the female polar bear actually thinks is in love with her and is hostile to the man's human wife over (it's actually dangerous if he's not around to stop the bear if his wife is innthe vicinity).
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Are you trying to address the unchecked  out of control illegal immigration at the southern boarder or are you trying to the play the race card and label someone a racist?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
Illegal, undocumented, unvetted, immigrants are a mixed bag.
The populations of some countries, are better than others.

Are these two statements incorrect?
A mixed bag of what and at what percentages?

Better how? Better as in good? All countries have overwhelmingly good people in general. 

They’re correct at face value, but that’s where it stops.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
That was part of Trump’s 2016 campaign announcement speech to run for president.