Private forum topics

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 70
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I think, just as a thought, temporary private topics even. Like, have a topic go on in private for a while with the idea that it will eventually be public.

That might be a way to allow a serious discussion to take hold before the whole thing gets derailed.

First few pages a serious discussion of the subject.. then let the pigs and dogs handle it.... or anyone else who isn't of that persuation who takes the subject seriously.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mopac
That's an idea. It might help the "what if it kills normal forum activity?" problem. Which is the biggest problem here, imo.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@DebateArt.com
It's a great idea, my vote is for the topics to be both visible as well as private. That way there really is no secrecy and people getting paranoid, it's an invite and everyone can read. This might encourage grumpy members or trolls to behave nicely, lest they get banned from a private group. This way, members both can have non invasive discussions and those that wish to engage know they have to be on best behavior. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
I am.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Are you?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
If you read the post above yours you have your answer.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Just add a topic to the forums list called circle jerk. bwuahahahaha
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@EtrnlVw
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I will try to start with something simple and see how it goes on practice. 

393 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@Barney
Whatever happened to this good idea?

To difficult coding-wise? I've seen some pretty impressive coding on the site, so I don't doubt you can do it. 

Maybe its your time constraints. I can understand that. But I just wanted to know where your mind had settled about the idea.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@ethang5
Mike was just mentioning this over Discord on Sunday, so the idea is not forgotten. Granted, I have no clue if it will end up being implemented or not.