If You Have a Random Thought, Post it Here.

Author: Reece101

Total: 1,055
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@SirAnonymous
-> @Shila
No. Non-self-instantiable, if was a real word, would mean that I can't instantiate myself, i.e., I can't be the cause of my own existence. Of course, nothing can cause its own existence, so that word would describe everything. That's another was of saying that it would be a  useless word, which is why it doesn't exist.

How about a different word to describe myself: pedantic
From a non existent useless word you opted for pedantic. Your profile says you are a worthless child. Why would you concern yourself with unimportant details?

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Shila
Self-parody.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Thoughts are never random, because we have to think about them.

Every thought posted above, had to be deliberately made up.

They didn't just randomly appear on a screen of their own accord.
Shila
Shila
-->
@SirAnonymous
-->
@Shila
Self-parody.

Self-parody is a way of performing or behaving in which you exaggerate and make fun of the way you normally perform or behave.

You are  bordering on low self-esteem?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Shila
No. It was a bad attempt at a joke. I described myself as pedantic immediately after engaging in pedantry (thus the self-parody). It wasn't clear enough to work.
Mharman
Mharman
I like a good lunch.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Shila
What is your favorite lunch?
Shila
Shila
-->
@SirAnonymous
--> @Shila
No. It was a bad attempt at a joke. I described myself as pedantic immediately after engaging in pedantry (thus the self-parody). It wasn't clear enough to work.
You are what you eat.

Mharman
Mharman
Ban Sandwich LOL
Mharman
Mharman
Shila is gone, the forums can heal
Mharman
Mharman
Also, 

Spiders are cool.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mharman
Spiders are amazing.
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
-->
@Mharman
I think the little Mharman is sad today.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I dislike it when people make redundant threads.
Mharman
Mharman
Dear Best.Korea,

Ya know, when I blocked you, it was for a few days and I stopped talking to you during it. This is because I don’t seek to instigate fights with people I have blocked.

Here, you have blocked me and are pinging me despite so. And yet you say I’m doing “hit and runs.” In reality, I only blocked you because you mentioned that you were going to “take multiple posts” to rebut me and I wasn’t about to have my notifications box spammed.

To conclude, stop being a coward. If you’re going to talk to me, unblock me you pussy.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Mharman
Are you saying all you guys are sick?
I could have stayed away a little longer if I knew.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Shila
Haha
Shila
Shila
-->
@Mharman
Are you saying all you guys are sick?
I could have stayed away a little longer if I knew.

Haha
Are you trying to humour me?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I don’t know if I have stated it here, but if I haven’t, now I have.

The concept of sandwich should be interpreted abstractly. It should refer to anything in which one edible ingredient encases at least 180 degrees radially another edible ingredient. In this case, a hot dog, a tortilla taco, they all count as sandwiches. This is the expanded definition. Pasting PB&J on one slice of bread at one side also counts, as some sandwiches are topographically exactly the same. In fact, that is what a hot dog is, only with a much shallower trough and a substitute for a hot dog, albeit extremely different in taste. This also enables pizzas and pies to be sandwiches but if a hot dog is one, they are.

But if you consider pizzas and hot dogs non-sandwiches, we can define x as a continuous variable(but in intervals) where the encased(not the encasing) edible ingredient is visible from the outside from certain angles, in which if x is in 2 intervals and both of those intervals are less than a given value, it is indeed a sandwich. This model can rule out absurd combinations such as covering a hot dog with green sauce, if we add a time variable t: where for a given continuous interval of t, X satisfy criteria that makes f(x, t) a sandwich. What this means is that if a sandwich cannot hold itself together stabily for a long time, it is not one. Covering a hot dog with green sauce does not work as the green liquid does spill. On the other hand, a ham within 2 slices of bread remains structurally the same even if any part of the combination goes rotten.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Intelligence_06
I don’t know if I have stated it here, but if I haven’t, now I have.

The concept of sandwich should be interpreted abstractly. It should refer to anything in which one edible ingredient encases at least 180 degrees radially another edible ingredient. In this case, a hot dog, a tortilla taco, they all count as sandwiches. This is the expanded definition. Pasting PB&J on one slice of bread at one side also counts, as some sandwiches are topographically exactly the same. In fact, that is what a hot dog is, only with a much shallower trough and a substitute for a hot dog, albeit extremely different in taste. This also enables pizzas and pies to be sandwiches but if a hot dog is one, they are.

But if you consider pizzas and hot dogs non-sandwiches, we can define x as a continuous variable(but in intervals) where the encased(not the encasing) edible ingredient is visible from the outside from certain angles, in which if x is in 2 intervals and both of those intervals are less than a given value, it is indeed a sandwich. This model can rule out absurd combinations such as covering a hot dog with green sauce, if we add a time variable t: where for a given continuous interval of t, X satisfy criteria that makes f(x, t) a sandwich. What this means is that if a sandwich cannot hold itself together stabily for a long time, it is not one. Covering a hot dog with green sauce does not work as the green liquid does spill. On the other hand, a ham within 2 slices of bread remains structurally the same even if any part of the combination goes rotten.
We were expecting some random though from you. Instead  you decided to dissect a sandwich. Then went into other absurd combinations. Just order a Mac burger!
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Shila
You complained that my opinion is not random enough and then complained about how absurd my opinion is. Random opinions can be absurd. That is literally what random opinions are for.

I am for Mac burgers being sandwiches, in case if you need my opinion any time.
Elliott
Elliott
Getting old sucks.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
Getting old sucks.
You need to pick younger partners for what you do to them.

Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Shila
You need to pick younger partners for what you do to them.
Unfortunately my days of having to fight off hoards of beautiful young women have long since passed.
Mharman
Mharman
Sports journalists are terrible at covering NASCAR.
Lemming
Lemming
Is one 'aware, during intense pain or pleasure?

The thought occurs as I wonder if it'd not be better to abandon oneself 'completely to hedonism,
Though one could argue different 'types of hedonism,
. . .

But I mean drugs for example,
Is it much different from death?
People drugged out, whether from alcohol, mushrooms, opium,

Though maybe I'm viewing drugs wrong,
Some people talk of drugs as experiences, opening their minds, or intense awareness of pleasure.

But psychedelics are 'not reality,
Though perhaps video games aren't either,
But then does 'anything become reality?
. . .

I recall coworkers talking about some patients, preferring their insanities, to the effects of their medications,
The dulling of personality.
Either or, a damnation of sorts.

But then what is 'normal, 'natural?

Hm. . .
Not 'completely random thoughts, but a fair bit, rambling, going nowhere .
Lemming
Lemming
"Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother."

Just thinking on entrapment,
The action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution.
. . .

Why entrapment, other than the reason to win points, I mean?

One can learn by experience, one's actions, what one is capable of, if not wary, I suppose.

Perhaps entrappers believe only those already guilty or unworthy, would fall to the trap,
But everyone has a breaking point. . .

Perhaps entrappers believe that society is bettered, by removing people not as resistant to whatever trap is suggested,
But individuals are ends in themselves, I believe.

Perhaps entrappers believe that to discourage others of falling into the trap, examples must be made,
But that is bitter tasting.
Lemming
Lemming
“How good it is when you have roast meat or suchlike foods before you, to impress on your mind that this is the dead body of a fish, this is the dead body of a bird or pig; and again, that the Falernian wine is the mere juice of grapes, and your purple edged robe simply the hair of a sheep soaked in shell-fish blood!
And in sexual intercourse that it is no more than the friction of a membrane and a spurt of mucus ejected.
How good these perceptions are at getting to the heart of the real thing and penetrating through it, so you can see it for what it is!
This should be your practice throughout all your life: when things have such a plausible appearance, show them naked, see their shoddiness, strip away their own boastful account of themselves.
Vanity is the greatest seducer of reason: when you are most convinced that your work is important, that is when you are most under its spell.”

Valuable at times, in moderation, for seeing more clearly, materially,
But in it's extreme, what value has anything, robbed of subjective value, meaning, passion?
Lemming
Lemming
In the manga Usogui,
There's a couple characters, described as seeing themselves and their actions from a third perspective,
As if they were not acting themselves, but observing an entity acting, I think it was.

Though I suppose it might feel freeing,
To speak of oneself in the third perspective,
Acknowledge as people do at times, causation,
Claim as people do at times, a lack of free will,
Though I find myself unwilling to.

But this cannot be, perception, consciousness, the mind is tied to the body,
If the material body and/or brain is effected, the perspective is effected,
Not as in the case of a glass window being effected, but the 'observer, . . . . . I 'think.

sadolite
sadolite
With each passing day, the line between satire and reality becomes less visible.