Total: 130
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Yassine
I agree it’s complicated and there are many grey areas. that’s the rough outline. I wouldn’t say it’s perfect by any stretch.
- It's BS. Myth. Nonsense.  I will tell you why "it's complicated". In this particular case the answer is pretty straight forward. Strict definitions of taxonomies prevent evolutionationists from taking advantage of equivocations & ambiguities to further expand their fantasies. If speciation & species was strictly defined based on interfertility (which they profess when it suits them but ignore when it doesn't), then Darwin's finches would be strictly one species, which means no speciation happened within the Galapagos finches, thus no evolution. Instead, they claim these are different species, because they are non-interfertile, due to long isolation & evolution from a common type; BUT the the fact that they are in fact interfertile shouldn't diminish from this, because they are not interbreeding as same species, rather as hybrids, & we will call this hybridization. Genius isn't it! You gotta give it to them, they finally achieved squaring the circle. 
“If speciation & species was strictly defined based on interfertility (which they profess when it suits them but ignore when it doesn't)“

Who’s they? It depends how closely related they are. Remember the tree of life? Each brunch has its own twigs, etc.

Well can you give me your sources from your imam or whoever. 
- Your very sources do that job, if you've actually read them. But it's all besides the point, natural selection with evolution, that is by random mutation, is non-starter. Justifying a formal cause with a final cause is nonsense.
What do you mean justifying a formal cause with a final cause?

I’ve given you plenty of sources already, but here you go…
- Thanks for the links, but why do you assume I don't know all this?! I don't read that stuff, I read publications or books. I'm quite familiar with the literature, or rather mythology. If this hogwash is the best evidence for Evolution shouldn't you ask yourself, how can there be such abysmal support for such a gigantic claim.
Fossil records including dental, bone, cranium analysis.
Migration patterns.
cross-genetic sequencing.
Observations of micro-evolution

I’m not sure which is the best. What’s yours? 
- Lol! It should be evident by now I think Jack Schitt about this mythology.
So you’re a blank page when it comes to the origins of life? You don’t have any alternative views to evaluation? Humans weren’t around forever. 

I suppose Allah.
- Allah does what He pleases. Evolution being true or not does not add or diminish anything from God's power. On the contrary, the better we understand the universe, the better we get close to Allah.
Or the further he moves into the oblivion of nescience. Ignorance is bliss I guess. 

To a very “accurate degree” until new discoveries come to light and new formulas are formulated. This is true in physics in general. 
- To add more accuracy to the existing accuracy. The conjecture that is evolutionary theory has zero accuracy to begin with. Naught.
Evolution is a far more complex system than weather. 20+ years ago it was way more easier to track long term trends than to predict/model next weeks weather.

Evolution is still occurring. The origins of life is a small but still important part that hasn’t been figured out yet. 
- In the minds of evolutionationists, of course. Reality is otherwise.
What is the reality to you?

It’s how evolution functions. The question is stupid. Hence my planet and star formation comparison.
- Is this some cognitive issue I'm seeing here?! Since when has the theory of evolution become the fact of evolution, in order to prove evolution. Circular much?! Lmao! You're so hardwired to think in this mythology, you forget that the theory of evolution is a claim, a postulate, a theory. In your attempt to show the usefulness of this theory in research, you profess the supposed usefulness of a conjured to-be-factual evolution. This is like asking a Christian how is the Bible useful, & him telling me because it's from God. As to your fallacious analogy, it is our understanding of gravitation, which is expressed in the *THEORY* of Gravitation as per Einstein's equations (& others), that begets our understanding of star formation. In this sense, the *THEORY* of Gravitation helps us understand star formation, not the fact of gravitation itself. Contrastingly, the *theory* of evolution is as useful as a glass hammer, inspired from a myth.
So you don’t think mutations are a part of the theory of evolution? 

Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@Yassine
@Sum1hugme
You two should set up a debate regarding how probable it is that evolution via natural selection is true. 
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Bones
I would love to debate it, but yassine and I would have to agree on what evolution is, because I say that abiogenesis should not be included in the definition of evolution. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Sum1hugme
Animals just pop into existence and then they die in the course of 100s of millions of years to Yassine. 
Because “Allah does what he pleases.”  

There’s no reasoning with that. 

But you can try a popularity contest if you want 

Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Reece101
I'm prepare to address "magic" if it comes up as an argument.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Yassine
Again - no sources, nothing - you literally only have conjecture. Also... I don't even need to debunk you myself, that
's been done a couple times-  and I also did it - you merely made claims about evidence... claims that the literal studies disproved - have fun being a quack. 
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Reece101
@Sum1hugme
@Bones
You two should set up a debate regarding how probable it is that evolution via natural selection is true. 
- My proposition is: Evolutionary Theory is not scientific.

I would love to debate it, but yassine and I would have to agree on what evolution is, because I say that abiogenesis should not be included in the definition of evolution. 
- The evolutionary theory necessarily entails descent by natural selection and abiogenesis, wether you think it should be included in the definition or not. If A then B, means if not-B then not-A. No abiogenesis necessarily entails no evolutionary theory.

Animals just pop into existence and then they die in the course of 100s of millions of years to Yassine. 
- The fact that you HAVE to lie on every turn just exposes how flimsy your mythical beliefs are.  

- Indeed, you live in delusions.

- For lack of any argument or evidence, yes.

I'm prepare to address "magic" if it comes up as an argument.
- You're prepared to deny evolutionary theory is "magic"?

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Yassine

- My proposition is: Evolutionary Theory is not scientific.
Scientific theories explain how the world works. The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs. 

- The evolutionary theory necessarily entails descent by natural selection and abiogenesis, wether you think it should be included in the definition or not. If A then B, means if not-B then not-A. No abiogenesis necessarily entails no evolutionary theory.
You don’t know what scientific theories are or how they are formed.

‘Oh yeah you need to find a graviton before you can have a theory of gravity.’ 

- The fact that you HAVE to lie on every turn just exposes how flimsy your mythical beliefs are.  
I’ve asked several times what your alternative views are and the closest you’ve come is, “Allah does what he pleases.”

- Indeed, you live in delusions.
Nice. I haven’t heard that one for the past 19 millionth time. 
And you say I project.

- For lack of any argument or evidence, yes.
Voting on it would be like voting on a flat earth debate. I see no point. 
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Yassine
No, evolution only entails change in inherited traits in successive generations in populations of organisms. You're shoehorning in abiogenesis. The first cell could have been created by a god, and evolution would still take place.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Reece101

Who’s they? It depends how closely related they are. Remember the tree of life? Each brunch has its own twigs, etc.
- They: the evolutionationists of course. You don't seem to get the argument, lemme make plainer:

(I)
P1. Speciation is non-interfertility with existent species.
P2. Darwin's finches are interfertile.
C. Therefore, no speciation occurred in Darwin's finches.

(II)
P1. Speciation is non-interfertility with existent species but also not.
P2. Darwin's finches have speciated.
P3. Darwin's finches are interfertile.
P4. Hybridization is interbreeding between separate species.
C. Therefore, Darwin's finches hybridize as separate species.

(III)
P2. Darwins finches are non-interfertile.
C. Therefore, speciation occurred in Darwin's finches.

- As you can notice, the first argument is a sound & valid argument, it is also the actual reality. The second argument is not sound thus invalid, yet it's the one evolutionationists promote. The third argument is sound, but invalid, for it does not correspond to reality. It's a lie, & yet it's the one they teach kids at school to indoctrinate them into this believing this farce of a joke.

- It's like me asking you, what caused the apple to split? & you answering because I want to eat it. That's evolution by natural selection in a nutshell.

Migration patterns.
- All circular mythos. Give me a single solid evidence. Just one.

So you’re a blank page when it comes to the origins of life? You don’t have any alternative views to evaluation? Humans weren’t around forever.
- It doesn't matter. It's impossible to ascertain the origins of Life without understanding Life first. Any attempt to theorize on this is essentially an appeal to ignorance. The claim of evolution is basically: "I'm true because I haven't been proven false". What evolutionary theory is to Life is like what astrology is to the Cosmos. A giant conspiracy founded on a bunch of ad hoc anecdotes. As I said, maybe in 500 years. Maybe less, who knows!

Or the further he moves into the oblivion of nescience. Ignorance is bliss I guess. 
- Your entire thought process is contingent on a double god-of-the-gaps dilemma. On one hand, if I understand it, then God didn't do it; yet, if I don't understand it, then Evolution did it. Now that's a tough hateful cycle.

Evolution is a far more complex system than weather. 20+ years ago it was way more easier to track long term trends than to predict/model next weeks weather.
- Dude. Evolution is a concept in your head, a myth, an idea you assume to be true. What I'm talking about is the *THEORY* of Evolution, which is a claim about the origins of Life. We see the weather. We see clouds moving from A to B. We study their movement & figure out equations thereof. Evolution is not an observable fact, we do not see an ape turning into a human or a dog into a whale. Evolution is a theory, a claim, a conjecture, which also happens to be pure fantasy. 

- Not evolution. The evolutionary narrative is the most outrageous donkiest amalgam of gibberish ever vomited by Mankind.

- Make the argument. Don't dabble. Try your best to prove usefulness. Good luck.

Scientific theories explain how the world works. The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs. 
- Wut...?! Does everything you say have to be circular?! Since you seem to have some cognitive mishaps there, you need to see this:

P1. If Evolutionary Theory, then Evolution.
P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.

- We are back to scientific theories now? No more evolution is a fact?

- That's what you just said about evolution a couple lines ago: "theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs."... Oops...

I’ve asked several times what your alternative views are and the closest you’ve come is, “Allah does what he pleases.”
- Yes. Allah does what He pleases. It's not up to us to decide what Allah pleases, all we can do is ascertain the creation & unravel its mysteries. The evolutionary mythology is still a bunch of drivel. 

And you say I project.
- This had a lot of potential... alas...

- Flat earth theory is worlds better than the evolutionary story. Do not be hard on yourself, even the best evolutionationists out there run from debate. They only debate young-earth creationists, because they get to use established Physical conclusions against them (such as nuclear decay). They got nothing else.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Theweakeredge
Again - no sources, nothing - you literally only have conjecture. Also... I don't even need to debunk you myself, that
's been done a couple times-  and I also did it - you merely made claims about evidence... claims that the literal studies disproved - have fun being a quack. 
- Friend, put up or shut up. You got nothing. Being pretentious doesn't qualify as an argument. You made big claims about the myth of evolution being the best tested & most accurate theory ; you didn't deliver. It's ok, you won't be able to. We know it's a myth. 
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Sum1hugme
No, evolution only entails change in inherited traits in successive generations in populations of organisms.
- So, what is it exactly are you defending? You need to think things you say through.

You're shoehorning in abiogenesis.
- Take it up with the theory of evolution, unless you want to defend something entirely different. 

The first cell could have been created by a god, and evolution would still take place.
- Like your other friend, you're conflating the "evolutionary theory" with some interposed evolution you imagine as a fact. That's circular.

Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Yassine
So, what is it exactly are you defending? You need to think things you say through.

The actual theory, and not your straw man representation of it.

I would be willing to debate you about abiogenesis too, but it's a different topic. 
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Sum1hugme
The actual theory, and not your straw man representation of it.
- You know what you keep doing, you define murder as "good killing" to defend that murder is good. It must be obvious how circular that is. To avoid a debate about the fallacious nature of your statements, you need to provide a viable claim you can defend. What is this non-strawman theory? Please do tell us.

I would be willing to debate you about abiogenesis too, but it's a different topic. 
- It doesn't matter if you wish to include abiogenesis in your defense or not, it is necessarily entailed by the evolutionary theory. You're rejecting the conclusion, it's like saying "Harry is tallest & Oliver is shortest", then rejecting "Harry is taller than Oliver". That necessarily entails this.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Yassine
- They: the evolutionationists of course. You don't seem to get the argument, lemme make plainer:

(I)

(II)

(III)

- As you can notice, the first argument is a sound & valid argument, it is also the actual reality. The second argument is not sound thus invalid, yet it's the one evolutionationists promote. The third argument is sound, but invalid, for it does not correspond to reality. It's a lie, & yet it's the one they teach kids at school to indoctrinate them into this believing this farce of a joke.
Speciation: When two groups of animals of the same species become genetically isolated from each other, which develop different traits further decreasing their chances of breeding and/or creating viable offspring.

Would you agree with that definition? Would it ruin your argument? If you don’t agree with that definition, how are you defining it?

- It's like me asking you, what caused the apple to split? & you answering because I want to eat it. That's evolution by natural selection in a nutshell.
It isn’t like I’m saying Allah did it. 

Migration patterns.
- All circular mythos. Give me a single solid evidence. Just one.
It’s funny when someone asks for five pieces of evidence when it suits them, but you’re asking for one so you can focus on it while ignoring the rest.
Alright I’ll play. The fossil record. 

So you’re a blank page when it comes to the origins of life? You don’t have any alternative views to evolution? Humans weren’t around forever.
- It doesn't matter. It's impossible to ascertain the origins of Life without understanding Life first. Any attempt to theorize on this is essentially an appeal to ignorance. The claim of evolution is basically: "I'm true because I haven't been proven false". What evolutionary theory is to Life is like what astrology is to the Cosmos. A giant conspiracy founded on a bunch of ad hoc anecdotes. As I said, maybe in 500 years. Maybe less, who knows!
If you have a better alternative, I’m all ears. 

- Your entire thought process is contingent on a double god-of-the-gaps dilemma. On one hand, if I understand it, then God didn't do it; yet, if I don't understand it, then Evolution did it. Now that's a tough hateful cycle.
The difference is I don’t invoke gods when I’m ignorant about stuff.
It lets me accept evidence easier. You should try it. 
Allah is one hell of a drug though. 

- Dude. Evolution is a concept in your head, a myth, an idea you assume to be true. What I'm talking about is the *THEORY* of Evolution, which is a claim about the origins of Life. We see the weather. We see clouds moving from A to B. We study their movement & figure out equations thereof. Evolution is not an observable fact, we do not see an ape turning into a human or a dog into a whale. Evolution is a theory, a claim, a conjecture, which also happens to be pure fantasy. 
Rapid reproducing organisms such as viruses and bacteria evolve (speciate) faster than larger organism. This is basic knowledge. 

- Not evolution. The evolutionary narrative is the most outrageous donkiest amalgam of gibberish ever vomited by Mankind.
Therefore Allah popped animals into existence in the course of 100s of millions of years. Right?

- Make the argument. Don't dabble. Try your best to prove usefulness. Good luck.
Understand how we came to be. 

- Wut...?! Does everything you say have to be circular?! Since you seem to have some cognitive mishaps there, you need to see this:

P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
You gotta admit, it’s better than animals just popping into existence, right?

- We are back to scientific theories now? No more evolution is a fact?
Scientific theories explain how the world works which are backed up by an accumulation of evidence. 
Evolution has been substantiated as fact.

Fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true.

- That's what you just said about evolution a couple lines ago: "theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs."... Oops...
I made an argument using your logic. Do you understand? 
You say the theory of evolution necessitates abiogenesis.
But then I applied the same logic to the theory of gravity in terms of the graviton. 

- Yes. Allah does what He pleases. It's not up to us to decide what Allah pleases, all we can do is ascertain the creation & unravel its mysteries. The evolutionary mythology is still a bunch of drivel. 
So are you saying it’s more likely for Allah to pop animals into existence then he is to evolve them?

And you say I project.
- This had a lot of potential... alas...
What?

- Flat earth theory is worlds better than the evolutionary story. Do not be hard on yourself, even the best evolutionationists out there run from debate. They only debate young-earth creationists, because they get to use established Physical conclusions against them (such as nuclear decay). They got nothing else.
Why not be a Young Earth Creationist if you accept Allah is omnipotent and has the power to pop animals into existence?

Why not believe in last thursdayism? Allah just created the universe last Thursday and he planted memories in our head.

Be carful not to overdose on Allah. 
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Yassine
You know what you keep doing, you define murder as "good killing" to defend that murder is good. It must be obvious how circular that is. To avoid a debate about the fallacious nature of your statements, you need to provide a viable claim you can defend. What is this non-strawman theory? Please do tell us
  Nope, your analogy is false, because you are the one providing a false definition. 

What I'll defend is the actual theory that biological evolution is: the theory that biodiversity is caused by the change in inherited traits over successive generations in populations of organisms. 

Abiogenesis is not needed to explain how life diversifies once it's already here.

Abiogenesis is a theory of how life arose, evolution is a theory of how life diversifies. I don't know how I can be any more clear. 

It doesn't matter if you wish to include abiogenesis in your defense or not, it is necessarily entailed by the evolutionary theory. You're rejecting the conclusion, it's like saying "Harry is tallest & Oliver is shortest", then rejecting "Harry is taller than Oliver". That necessarily entails this.
  No, it's not entailed by evolution. As I have explained, evolution makes no claims about the origin of life, only the mechanisms of biodiversity. Your conflation is false and your analogy doesnt match the context or the claim.

The only claim evolution makes is that biodiversity is caused by the change in inherited traits over successive generations in populations of organisms.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Yassin
...you define murder as "good killing" to defend that murder is good. It must be obvious how circular that is.
  This is literally what YOU are doing. You're projecting the faults of your reasoning onto me.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Reece101

(I)

(II)

(III)
Speciation: When two groups of animals of the same species become genetically isolated from each other, which develop different traits further decreasing their chances of breeding and/or creating viable offspring.
- As I said. That's (II), & it's invalid. It doesn't mean Jack Schitt. A Chinese, an African & a European developed different traits, still interfertile (same DNA). You're proving exactly my point, evolutionationists can not deal with strict definition, because they will hit a wall if they do, as they can't fantasize. 

Would you agree with that definition? Would it ruin your argument? If you don’t agree with that definition, how are you defining it?
- (I) is the fact, the rest is nonsense.

- Are you actually dumb or are you pretending to be?

It’s funny when someone asks for five pieces of evidence when it suits them, but you’re asking for one so you can focus on it while ignoring the rest.
- Don't be shy. Make the argument. Still waiting. A single *supportive* evidence is sufficient.

- Again, are you actually slow is is this some tactic?

- The amount of nonsense in this statement is nausea inducing. I almost puked.

Rapid reproducing organisms such as viruses and bacteria evolve (speciate) faster than larger organism. This is basic knowledge. 
- You mean basic fantasy. No such thing. What you're saying is absolute drivel. You may wanna brush your teeth after this. 

Therefore Allah popped animals into existence in the course of 100s of millions of years. Right?
- These cheap tactics can't save your mythology one bit.

- You have yet to show what you claimed. That the theory of evolution has been useful in something. Give me ONE thing.

P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
- I'm sure that's what you tell yourself to justify your mythology. Still fallacious. Sorry.

Scientific theories explain how the world works which are backed up by an accumulation of evidence. 
- Is that a fact? Show me those proofs. I'm still waiting.

But then I applied the same logic to the theory of gravity in terms of the graviton. 
- You are really slow aren't you. Why don't you give the above a second read, maybe you'll see what the problem is. I can't help you beyond that.

So are you saying it’s more likely for Allah to pop animals into existence then he is to evolve them?
- Or it is maybe that you struggle with reading?

Why not be a Young Earth Creationist if you accept Allah is omnipotent and has the power to pop animals into existence?
Why not believe in last thursdayism? Allah just created the universe last Thursday and he planted memories in our head.
- You sound exactly like them, they can't produce arguments, so they have to resort to jiggery-pokery.  
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Sum1hugme
  Nope, your analogy is false, because you are the one providing a false definition. 
- Dude we are not arguing a definition. This isn't a linguistic debate. We are arguing a CLAIM. The claim of the Evolutionary Theory, which postulates: ""Life emerged from spontaneous & compounded chemical reactions, to form a self-sustaining & self-reproducing single-cell organism, capable of gradual changes in inherited traits over successive generations in populations of organisms of increasing complexity, giving rise to all biodiversity on Earth through descent of varying species from a common ancestor via undirected mechanisms, such as natural selection, random mutations, genetic drift, migration & gene flow".

- If you have an issue with the above postulates, do tell.

What I'll defend is the actual theory that biological evolution is: the theory that biodiversity is caused by the change in inherited traits over successive generations in populations of organisms.
- Are you sure that's the claim of theory of evolution? No single cell organism? No common descent? No speciation? No natural selection? No random mutation?... If you're confident about what you wish to defend, you need to at least be able to formulate it in something that could be checked scientifically. After all, the resolution is: {The Evolutionary Theory Is (Pro) Not (Con) Scientific}. You're really shooting yourself in the foot with such a vague claim. Or are you purposely being ambiguous to give yourself field to play? 

Abiogenesis is not needed to explain how life diversifies once it's already here.
- That may be true in principal, but it's not true within the evolutionary claim.

Abiogenesis is a theory of how life arose, evolution is a theory of how life diversifies. I don't know how I can be any more clear. 
- Sure sure, but they are still equivalent claims. They can not be separated. You can not confirm something & deny what it entails, that's a fallacy. What is it exactly that you find hard to see in this?!!!

No, it's not entailed by evolution. As I have explained, evolution makes no claims about the origin of life, only the mechanisms of biodiversity. Your conflation is false and your analogy doesnt match the context or the claim.
- There is no scenario in which one is & the other isn't. The evolutionary claim rests wholly on the Darwinian cell: a naturally emerging self-sustaining self-reproducing cell capable of Darwinian evolution (natural selection, random mutation...), which is the claim of abiogenesis. No abiogenesis means no evolutionary theory. Denying this is special pleasing. By now, you MUST realize that the dispute of this debate is the theory of evolution. All your assumptions & all their claims regarding this theory are, thereby, disputed. You have to understand that Evolution isn't some fact & we are arguing wether the theory of evolution explains that fact, that's circular. We are arguing wether the the evolutionary claim is scientific or not. I seriously do not want this debate to be about how fallacious your statements are. I'd rather make it about evolution itself.

The only claim evolution makes is that biodiversity is caused by the change in inherited traits over successive generations in populations of organisms.
- That's a very vague claim, it could interpreted in many ways. Make a scientific claim so you can defend it. 

...you define murder as "good killing" to defend that murder is good. It must be obvious how circular that is.
This is literally what YOU are doing. You're projecting the faults of your reasoning onto me.
- I'm really having a hard time explaining the obvious here. Putting your claim in the definition does not quality as an argument, for lack of existential import. We are arguing wether a theory is a scientific theory, as in it is consistent, verified, predictive & accurate. You need to formulate a postulate for the evolutionary theory for which you can establish the above. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Yassine
(I)

(II)

(III)
- As I said. That's (II), & it's invalid. It doesn't mean Jack Schitt. A Chinese, an African & a European developed different traits, still interfertile (same DNA). You're proving exactly my point, evolutionationists can not deal with strict definition, because they will hit a wall if they do, as they can't fantasize. 
Not all traits decrease inter-fertility though. You misunderstood what I said. 

By the way, using your same logic, will you admit not all apes are the same species?

- (I) is the fact, the rest is nonsense.
interfertile: (of plants and animals) able to interbreed.
Interbreed: (with reference to an animal) breed or cause to breed with another of a different race or species.

Do you agree with them?

- Are you actually dumb or are you pretending to be?
False dichotomy. I can be both.

- Don't be shy. Make the argument. Still waiting. A single *supportive* evidence is sufficient.
In terms of the fossil record: We can see transitions between species that have similar traits which get drastically different the further you look back/forward through geological time. 

- Again, are you actually slow is this some tactic?
Now you’re asking questions?

- The amount of nonsense in this statement is nausea inducing. I almost puked.
Enough said.

- You mean basic fantasy. No such thing. What you're saying is absolute drivel. You may wanna brush your teeth after this. 
Can you tell me how I’m wrong? 

- These cheap tactics can't save your mythology one bit.
By cheap tactics, do you mean common sense questions?

- You have yet to show what you claimed. That the theory of evolution has been useful in something. Give me ONE thing.
Understanding how we came to be. Pretty simple. 

P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
- I'm sure that's what you tell yourself to justify your mythology. Still fallacious. Sorry.
How is it fallacious?

- Is that a fact? Show me those proofs. I'm still waiting.

- You are really slow aren't you. Why don't you give the above a second read, maybe you'll see what the problem is. I can't help you beyond that.
It’s alright to say you don’t understand something. 

- Or it is maybe that you struggle with reading?
Well I am trying to understand where you’re coming from.

- You sound exactly like them, they can't produce arguments, so they have to resort to jiggery-pokery.  
Who are you talking about exactly? 

Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Yassine
Dude we are not arguing a definition. This isn't a linguistic debate. We are arguing a CLAIM. 
  The claim and the definition are the same.

Life emerged from spontaneous & compounded chemical reactions, to form a self-sustaining & self-reproducing single-cell organism
This part doesn't belong in the claim of evolution. This is a separate claim entirely. Evolution is a theory of biodiversity, not the origin of life itself. 

No abiogenesis means no evolutionary theory.
  Wrong. Like I said, a god could have started life, and evolution would still be true, because it doesn't make a claim as to how life got here, only how it diversified. 

Are you sure that's the claim of theory of evolution? No single cell organism? No common descent? No speciation? No natural selection? No random mutation?... If you're confident about what you wish to defend, you need to at least be able to formulate it in something that could be checked scientifically. After all, the resolution is: {The Evolutionary Theory Is (Pro) Not (Con) Scientific}. You're really shooting yourself in the foot with such a vague claim. Or are you purposely being ambiguous to give yourself field to play? 
  That is the claim and it isn't vague. It encompasses everything the theory claims and all the mechanisms that compose the nuts and bolts of the theory. I'm prepared to defend the mechanisms of evolution, such as natural selection, but I'm not going to defend your straw man conflation of two separate claims. 

If the change in traits over generations in populations of organisms explains Biodiversity, then evolution is true.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Sum1hugme
The claim and the definition are the same.
- Eh...? No.

Life emerged from spontaneous & compounded chemical reactions, to form a self-sustaining & self-reproducing single-cell organism
This part doesn't belong in the claim of evolution. This is a separate claim entirely. Evolution is a theory of biodiversity, not the origin of life itself.
- You're not addressing what I actually said. If you can't address that here, you will have to address it in the debate. I really do not wish to have a debate about semantics. 

Wrong. Like I said, a god could have started life, and evolution would still be true, because it doesn't make a claim as to how life got here, only how it diversified.
- Again, you're conflating some imaginary tale that is evolution with the EVOLUTIONARY THEORY. Since you don't seem to get what I'm saying, if Evolution was a fact, then yes, God could've started Life in a single cell from which creatures could've evolved. However, that assumption is not relevant to our debate, which is about the ***EVOLUTIONARY THEORY***, a claim professing to naturally explain the origins of life. In this exact regard, no abiogenesis necessarily entails no evolutionary theory. That is because, invoking extra-natural factors in your assumption renders the theory of evolution defeated. The evolutionary theory espouses a natural explanation to Life, thus necessarily entailing abiogenesis. The claim of Evolutionary Theory is also the claim of abiogenesis & evolution by natural selection. These are the same claim, from a structural (formal) point of you. The claims '2 is bigger than 1' & '1 is smaller than 2' are structurally equivalent & the same, even if they seem to say different things. Abiogenesis is the claim of the natural emergence of the Darwinian cell, which is also the claim of evolution by natural selection.

That is the claim and it isn't vague. It encompasses everything the theory claims and all the mechanisms that compose the nuts and bolts of the theory. I'm prepared to defend the mechanisms of evolution, such as natural selection, but I'm not going to defend your straw man conflation of two separate claims. 
- You're saying something which is evidently not true. Your claim encompasses none of that, you're overreaching. What is it *exactly* you wish to defend. Lay out the claim of evolution you want to defend exactly how it needs to be. I'm not arguing against a ghost theory.

If the change in traits over generations in populations of organisms explains Biodiversity, then evolution is true.
- What does this even mean?! Why do you keep assuming Evolution is some kind of fact we are here to explain?! If this is gunna turn out to be a debate on semantics I'll pass. Figure out exactly what formulation of the Evolutionary Theory you want to defend & let me know. 

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Reece101

- What are you even saying! The indoctrination is too deep. Take time to think things through, then say something sensible.

By the way, using your same logic, will you admit not all apes are the same species?
- What logic that might be? If a species is such that the case of lack of interfertility with existing species, then all -great- apes are indeed the same species. That, contingent of course on wether gorillas are interfertile with the others, as the dispute is still going -which actually shows how confused & ignorant these people are.

Interbreed: (with reference to an animal) breed or cause to breed with another of a different race or species.

Do you agree with them?
- What's your point? 

False dichotomy. I can be both.
- Lol! Fair enough.

In terms of the fossil record: We can see transitions between species that have similar traits which get drastically different the further you look back/forward through geological time. 
- And? Continue. How do you go from there to Evolution?

- First of all, Evolution = biodiversity by natural selection & random mutation. If it's not that, it's not evolution. Not every thing that changes & moves is "evolving" in evolutionary terms. Second of all, viruses can not evolve in the evolutionary sense, for they are not self-sustaining & self-reproducing. Darwinian evolution on a virus is a spinning wheel. Third of all, no such thing as "speciated" bacteria. If you're talking about the ecoli bacteria, then even the universe isn't large enough to accommodate evolution theory with that. Fourth of all, the oldest living fossil is a bacteria (cyanobacteria) & it has yet to "speciate" after more than 100 trillion generations. Finally, if this myth of a theory has any shred of spec of probability how come it's so utterly absently supported.   

- Red herring*.

- So, useful in mythology. Alright. I expected a bit more.

How is it fallacious?
- Read carefully then realize:
P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.

- You can't use your words? We've been through this. "here is a link, therefore it's true" is a fallacious argument.

- That doesn't help much in a debate though.

- Do you have specific questions?

- They = Evolutionationists.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Yassine
- What are you even saying! The indoctrination is too deep. Take time to think things through, then say something sensible.
Maybe if you asked more questions you wouldn’t project so much.

- What logic that might be? If a species is such that the case of lack of interfertility with existing species, then all -great- apes are indeed the same species. That, contingent of course on wether gorillas are interfertile with the others, as the dispute is still going -which actually shows how confused & ignorant these people are.
You’re saying any species that can breed with each other are not different species, correct?

You’ve moved the goalpost from apes to great apes yet humans still full into that category. 

Do you agree with them?
- What's your point? 
You’re saying species can’t be interfertile, correct? Or are you using your own definitions? 

- And? Continue. How do you go from there to Evolution?
This is one piece of supportive evidence you asked for which you said would be sufficient.
Do you want to go into genetics now?

- Red herring*.
If you don’t believe in evolution and you’re not a Young Earth Creationist, what do you believe?
It’s reasonable for me to conclude you think animals just pop into existence in the course of 100s of millions of years.
If you have the truth, I want to know about it.

- First of all, Evolution = biodiversity by natural selection & random mutation. If it's not that, it's not evolution. Not every thing that changes & moves is "evolving" in evolutionary terms. Second of all, viruses can not evolve in the evolutionary sense, for they are not self-sustaining & self-reproducing. Darwinian evolution on a virus is a spinning wheel. Third of all, no such thing as "speciated" bacteria. If you're talking about the ecoli bacteria, then even the universe isn't large enough to accommodate evolution theory with that. Fourth of all, the oldest living fossil is a bacteria (cyanobacteria) & it has yet to "speciate" after more than 100 trillion generations. Finally, if this myth of a theory has any shred of spec of probability how come it's so utterly absently supported.   

First: What do you mean not everything that changes and moves doesn’t evolve in evolutionary terms?

Second: What do you mean viruses are not self-sustaining and self-reproducing? No organism is if they don’t have energy to consume/produce.
Also what do you mean by “Darwinian evolution on a virus is a spinning wheel.”? 

Third: What do you mean there’s no such thing as speciated bacteria? Scientists speciate bacteria all the time in the lab.

Fourth:  Cyanobacteria are prokaryotic which means they’re evolution is difficult to study. Though scientist are starting to apply more techniques. 

- So, useful in mythology. Alright. I expected a bit more.
Well you don’t consider adaptation as evolution. So there’s no point 

How is it fallacious?
- Read carefully then realize:
P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
I only see your strawman. 

- You can't use your words? We've been through this. "here is a link, therefore it's true" is a fallacious argument.
Are you saying my words are more trustworthy than the links I share? Think that through.

- That doesn't help much in a debate though.
Remember, this isn’t a debate. 

- Do you have specific questions?
What’s the reality if not evolution?

- They = Evolutionationists.
So people online who aren’t experts.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Reece101
- It seems I missed a previous post.

I don’t know enough about this to comment apart from knowing double headed snakes definitely exist.
- That's actually funny. That was not an attempt to diss Aristotle, I do hold him in high regard, but his schtick was Philosophy, not Science.

I asked because you almost have to be a Young Earth Creationist to believe evolution doesn’t/hasn’t occurred. What are your beliefs?
- That's the sad state we live in today, it won't last long though. The same was thought of myths like Eugenics, it's just a matter of time. In truth, the evolutionary myths have mostly been discarded, just hastily replaced by new myths every time, giving the impression of persistence & consistency.

Species is the lowest rank on the taxonomical tree.  
Of course two closely related species are interfertile. 
- You're begging the question.

Also keep in mind the Galápagos Islands is essentially one biome.
Little evolutionary pressure apart from the various foods they eat such as fruit, seeds, nectar, etc.
- The five continents are one biome for humans... [insert the rest of what you said]

So yes, it’s speciation. 
- Not in the sense of new species being non-infertile with existing ones.

Depending on the organism, let’s say 100,000 generations, you think they’ll still be the same species from where their ancestors started?
- Dude. Your own DNA is copied & split in your own body into 100 trillion cells, each cell copying DNA & making some 50 million proteins, that's 5 billion trillion times (not just 100,000), & still the same effing DNA. Cyanobacteria has been going on since 3.5 billion years, that's more than 100 trillion generations. It's still cyanobacteria.
So humans have been around for 3.5 billion years? 
- No habla English no more? 

All mutations are harmful? Like becoming lactose tolerant? You can see this in the human genetic/migratory record. This is natural selection.
- Another one of their tricks: equivocation. They call variants & snips mutation to give the impression of "randomness". These evolutionationists are really hopeless. Pathetic!

You gave me a link that doesn’t support any of that.  
- Lmao! It's your OWN link & its sources that says those things. Oops... that's embarrassing.

You’re saying any species that can breed with each other are not different species, correct?
- Under a strict definition of species, yes.

You’ve moved the goalpost from apes to great apes yet humans still full into that category. 
- False. It depends on the context. They use 'apes' generally to refer to great apes, sometimes inclusive of humans, sometimes more generally to gibbons as well, depending on the context. 

You’re saying species can’t be interfertile, correct? Or are you using your own definitions? 
- By now, you should realize that the this is not about the postulates of evolution, rather about the tactics of evolutionationists in using ambiguous definitions & equivocating between different meanings to allow for their mythology to exist.

This is one piece of supportive evidence you asked for which you said would be sufficient.
- In your dreams. Do the work then, build the argument from 'fossil record' to 'evolution by natural selection'. It may be a waste of time, because it's an impossible feat.

- As long as you bring a single supportive actual evidence, you could use Homer's Iliad for all I care.

If you don’t believe in evolution and you’re not a Young Earth Creationist, what do you believe?
- That's a false dichotomy. I don't have to believe either.

It’s reasonable for me to conclude you think animals just pop into existence in the course of 100s of millions of years.
- That's a double false dichotomy. First of all, evolutionary theory =/= evolution. It's possible that animals have evolved from one another; in case this is true it still does not entail that the theory of evolution, which is just a claim, is true too. In the same way that the truth of objects falling because of gravity does not entail the truth of any theory attempting to explain it, for instance Aristotle's elements-attracts-elements theory -which we know is BS. Regardless of the truth gravitation, Aristotle's theory is BS. Likewise, regardless of the truth of evolution, the evolutionary theory is BS. Second of all, no evolution occurred does not necessarily mean pop-into-ion occurred. The two are equally unlikely occurrences from a natural perspective. In the fossil record, animals appear & disappear as is.  

- Have you been listening? I don't believe we are even capable of explaining Life at this point. In their attempts to explain the cosmos the Greeks resorted to astrology: conspiratorial anecdotal ad-hoc accounts for lack of sufficient understanding & information about the cosmos. The evolutionary theory is the astrology of Life, a bunch of conspiratorial anecdotal ad-hoc accounts for lack of sufficient understanding & information about Life.

First: What do you mean not everything that changes and moves doesn’t evolve in evolutionary terms?
- Exactly what it says. To "evolve" in the evolutionary sense is to "become various different species from common ancestor by way of natural selection & random mutation". 

Second: What do you mean viruses are not self-sustaining and self-reproducing?
- Exactly just that. Do you even know what a virus is? A parasite to the cell.

No organism is if they don’t have energy to consume/produce.
- Which the virus doesn't, unlike the cell.

Also what do you mean by “Darwinian evolution on a virus is a spinning wheel.”? 
- 'Spinning wheel', an expression meaning 'futile' or 'nothing happens', like 'water in the sand'. 

Third: What do you mean there’s no such thing as speciated bacteria? Scientists speciate bacteria all the time in the lab.
- No such thing. Speciation does occur in the definition of "speciate" though...

Fourth:  Cyanobacteria are prokaryotic which means they’re evolution is difficult to study. Though scientist are starting to apply more techniques. 
- Lmao! Isn't this just wonderfully pathetic. With this much faith you have in this mythology you could've been a high priest in Shamanism. 

- That's 27 fallacies in one sentence. I could list them, but I may lose half my brain in the process.

The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs.
P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
- Do you now? Try one more time, see if it is.

Are you saying my words are more trustworthy than the links I share? Think that through.
- Strawman. "here is a link, therefore it's true" is an invalid argument.

Remember, this isn’t a debate. 
- I was hoping that's where it's headed.

- Maybe we'll figure that out in 500 years, maybe not. It took a millennia & a half to go from Aristotle's 'gravity = element attraction' to al-Biruni's 'gravity = force inversely proportional to distance between two massive objects'; & another millennia to get to Einstein's 'gravitation = curvature in space-time proportional to momentum of contained mass'. You, & your evolutionationist masters, are being grossly presumptuous in thinking their "element-attraction" approach to Life is no more than a farce.

- Evolutionationists = Richard Dawkins & his evolutionary biologist class.

Reece101
Reece101

I asked because you almost have to be a Young Earth Creationist to believe evolution doesn’t/hasn’t occurred. What are your beliefs?
- That's the sad state we live in today, it won't last long though. The same was thought of myths like Eugenics, it's just a matter of time. In truth, the evolutionary myths have mostly been discarded, just hastily replaced by new myths every time, giving the impression of persistence & consistency.
Eugenics is an ethical issue, not a practical one. 

Species is the lowest rank on the taxonomical tree.  
Of course two closely related species are interfertile. 
- You're begging the question.
I’m just going by common definitions. 

Also keep in mind the Galápagos Islands is essentially one biome.
Little evolutionary pressure apart from the various foods they eat such as fruit, seeds, nectar, etc.
- The five continents are one biome for humans... [insert the rest of what you said]
It isn’t because Earth’s inhabited lands are one biome for humans. It’s only possible for you to say that with a straight face due to modern technology. Ask yourself why aren’t modern humans that diverse? The only large/wide difference population wise is skin pigmentation and that’s not saying much. It’s because the finches have been separated for millions of years, modern humans have not. Yes, I know it’s hard to comprehend big numbers.

What do you think of ancient humans/hominids such as homo erectus and further back australopithecus? 

So yes, it’s speciation. 
- Not in the sense of new species being non-infertile with existing ones.
You have your own definition of what constitutes species.

Depending on the organism, let’s say 100,000 generations, you think they’ll still be the same species from where their ancestors started?
- Dude. Your own DNA is copied & split in your own body into 100 trillion cells, each cell copying DNA & making some 50 million proteins, that's 5 billion trillion times (not just 100,000), & still the same effing DNA. Cyanobacteria has been going on since 3.5 billion years, that's more than 100 trillion generations. It's still cyanobacteria.
So humans have been around for 3.5 billion years? 
- No habla English no more? 
How long have modern humans been around?

All mutations are harmful? Like becoming lactose tolerant? You can see this in the human genetic/migratory record. This is natural selection.
- Another one of their tricks: equivocation. They call variants & snips mutation to give the impression of "randomness". These evolutionationists are really hopeless. Pathetic!
I personally don’t equate mutation with randomness.

- Lmao! It's your OWN link & its sources that says those things. Oops... that's embarrassing.
I admit, I couldn’t be bothered reading through what you said. 

Under your own definition of species?

From a quick google search this is the definition google gave me: 
A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.

- False. It depends on the context. They use 'apes' generally to refer to great apes, sometimes inclusive of humans, sometimes more generally to gibbons as well, depending on the context. 
What I’m saying is you’re making the inclusive circle smaller going from apes to great apes. You’re starting to sound like one of those “evolutionists.”

- By now, you should realize that the this is not about the postulates of evolution, rather about the tactics of evolutionationists in using ambiguous definitions & equivocating between different meanings to allow for their mythology to exist.
Sure bud. 

- In your dreams. Do the work then, build the argument from 'fossil record' to 'evolution by natural selection'. It may be a waste of time, because it's an impossible feat.
An impossible feat to convince someone as wilfully ignorant as you maybe. 

- As long as you bring a single supportive actual evidence, you could use Homer's Iliad for all I care.
Of course that would be for all you care.  

- That's a false dichotomy. I don't have to believe either.
I wasn’t asking which one you believed, asked what you believed

- That's a double false dichotomy. First of all, evolutionary theory =/= evolution. It's possible that animals have evolved from one another; in case this is true it still does not entail that the theory of evolution, which is just a claim, is true too. In the same way that the truth of objects falling because of gravity does not entail the truth of any theory attempting to explain it, for instance Aristotle's elements-attracts-elements theory -which we know is BS. Regardless of the truth gravitation, Aristotle's theory is BS. Likewise, regardless of the truth of evolution, the evolutionary theory is BS. Second of all, no evolution occurred does not necessarily mean pop-into-ion occurred. The two are equally unlikely occurrences from a natural perspective. In the fossil record, animals appear & disappear as is.  
It’s a good thing we don’t just rely on the fossil record to explain evolution then.

- Have you been listening? I don't believe we are even capable of explaining Life at this point. In their attempts to explain the cosmos the Greeks resorted to astrology: conspiratorial anecdotal ad-hoc accounts for lack of sufficient understanding & information about the cosmos. The evolutionary theory is the astrology of Life, a bunch of conspiratorial anecdotal ad-hoc accounts for lack of sufficient understanding & information about Life.
I’m pretty sure animals don’t just pop into existence though.

- Exactly what it says. To "evolve" in the evolutionary sense is to "become various different species from common ancestor by way of natural selection & random mutation". 
Okay, I agree. Changing and moving doesn’t necessarily entail evolution, such as when I move my arm.

Second: What do you mean viruses are not self-sustaining and self-reproducing?
- Exactly just that. Do you even know what a virus is? A parasite to the cell.
You can consider that to any organism the sustains itself through other organism or even chemical compounds and radiation absorbed. 
But why does this matter? 

No organism is if they don’t have energy to consume/produce.
- Which the virus doesn't, unlike the cell.
Both the cell and virus require energy. 

- No such thing. Speciation does occur in the definition of "speciate" though...
That’s nice. 

Fourth:  Cyanobacteria are prokaryotic which means their evolution is difficult to study. Though scientist are starting to apply more techniques. 
- Lmao! Isn't this just wonderfully pathetic. With this much faith you have in this mythology you could've been a high priest in Shamanism. 
Lmao! It’s better than believing animals just pop into existence in the course of 100’s of millions of years.
But I guess it makes you closer to Allah (your magical sky daddy). Pathetic! 

Do you want to carry on using this toxic language?

- That's 27 fallacies in one sentence. I could list them, but I may lose half my brain in the process.
Well I was replying directly to what you said.

The theory of evolution by natural selection explains how evolution occurs.
P2. Evolution.
C. Therefore, Evolution.
- Do you now? Try one more time, see if it is. 
That was part of my explanation of how scientific theories work. 
Your turn. 

- Strawman. "here is a link, therefore it's true" is an invalid argument.
Strawman. “here is my word, therefore it’s true” is an invalid argument as well. 
You still need to think it through. 

- Maybe we'll figure that out in 500 years, maybe not. It took a millennia & a half to go from Aristotle's 'gravity = element attraction' to al-Biruni's 'gravity = force inversely proportional to distance between two massive objects'; & another millennia to get to Einstein's 'gravitation = curvature in space-time proportional to momentum of contained mass'. You, & your evolutionationist masters, are being grossly presumptuous in thinking their "element-attraction" approach to Life is no more than a farce.
Yes, humanity will learn more and explain evolution better. I agree. 

- Evolutionationists = Richard Dawkins & his evolutionary biologist class.
So just one guys who you don’t like for his militant atheism?
It goes to show It’s because of your feelings you don’t believe in evolution. 
What makes you feel good is all that you care about.

I’m sure your perspective of evolution would be different if someone you felt positive of taught you about it.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Reece101
- So Eugenics is science?

- You & logic are like water & fire. I can't help you.

It isn’t because Earth’s inhabited lands are one biome for humans. It’s only possible for you to say that with a straight face due to modern technology. Ask yourself why aren’t modern humans that diverse? The only large/wide difference population wise is skin pigmentation and that’s not saying much. It’s because the finches have been separated for millions of years, modern humans have not. Yes, I know it’s hard to comprehend big numbers.
- Yet they are still finches.

What do you think of ancient humans/hominids such as homo erectus and further back australopithecus? 
- Either ape or human, nothing in between.

- I don't expect anything less from an evolutionary fantasist.

- No one actually knows.

- There goes evolution out the door.

- And clearly your sources too. You don't have faith, you have blind faith. 

Under your own definition of species?

A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding.
- E.g. Darwin's finches.

What I’m saying is you’re making the inclusive circle smaller going from apes to great apes. You’re starting to sound like one of those “evolutionists.”
- Bro, your red herrings are becoming smellier. 

Sure bud. 
- That's what I thought.

- I don't see the argument. 

- Where is the evidence? 

It’s a good thing we don’t just rely on the fossil record to explain evolution then.
- You don't say... glad you defeated your own claims.

- Therefore, they magically evolve from each-other. Cavemen must think like you do.

Okay, I agree. Changing and moving doesn’t necessarily entail evolution, such as when I move my arm.
- You're not funny. You're pathetic. You can't even bring a single evidence for your mythologies. A young earth creationist can perform far better than you in defending his beliefs. How pitiable is that!

You can consider that to any organism the sustains itself through other organism or even chemical compounds and radiation absorbed. 
- Went right over your head didn't it. You should put more effort into thinking & less effort into blind-faithing. 

- The cell produces its own. The virus doesn't. 

Lmao! It’s better than believing animals just pop into existence in the course of 100’s of millions of years.
- You're sounding more religious than a born-again Christian. 

- Again, this isn't funny anymore. It's so pathetic. 

Your turn. 
- Alright. If you are not capable of understanding a simple concept such as a circular argument, there really isn't much for us to discuss. 

Strawman. “here is my word, therefore it’s true” is an invalid argument as well. 
- Yeah. You're hopeless. What a waste of time.

- No. Evolution's only fate is the sewers of history. 

So just one guys who you don’t like for his militant atheism?
What makes you feel good is all that you care about.

I’m sure your perspective of evolution would be different if someone you felt positive of taught you about it.
- Not even the combined brain-power & force of charisma of all 7 billion people on Earth today is enough to save this decrepit mythology. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Yassine
- So Eugenics is science?
It’s well known you can breed traits.

- You & logic are like water & fire. I can't help you.
Tell me why they’re wrong. 

- Yet they are still finches.
Finches in general are a taxonomic family just like great apes are.
You mean they’re Darwin's finches. 

- Either ape or human, nothing in between.
Humans are apes though. 

- I don't expect anything less from an evolutionary fantasist.
Just call me an anti-animals-pop-into-existencist. 

- No one actually knows.
Okay, I’ll be more specific. Approximately how long have modern humans been around? A billion years? A million years? a thousand years? Last Thursday? 
About 300,000 years? 

- There goes evolution out the door.
Randomness is connotational to biological mutation just like it is to any other complex system. My deterministic beliefs circumvents these feelings of randomness.

Random mutations or not, evolution by natural selection is not out the door. 

- And clearly your sources too. You don't have faith, you have blind faith. 
You don’t need faith when it’s common sense that animals don’t pop into existence. 

A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding.
- E.g. Darwin's finches.
So you except definitions when it’s cheaply convenient. Interbreeding includes different species 

- Bro, your red herrings are becoming smellier. 
If you’re going to state fallacies, at least explain how they’re fallacies so I can learn. 

Sure bud. 
- That's what I thought.
 Further up you show you’re hypocritical with definitions. 

- I don't see the argument. 
I’ve given you plenty already. But which argument do you want?

- Where is the evidence? 
Do you want me to give you more links orrrrr?

- You don't say... glad you defeated your own claims.
How did I do that?

- Therefore, they magically evolve from each-other. Cavemen must think like you do.
All animals have ancestors. This is pretty simple stuff. 

- You're not funny. You're pathetic. You can't even bring a single evidence for your mythologies. A young earth creationist can perform far better than you in defending his beliefs. How pitiable is that!
It doesn’t take away from how wrong or right someone is. It goes to show how insecure your beliefs are. That’s true pitifulness. 

- Went right over your head didn't it. You should put more effort into thinking & less effort into blind-faithing. 
Well tell me. 

- The cell produces its own. The virus doesn't. 
Cells require energy from outside, whether it be radiation or various molecules. 
You can consider them herbivores in a sense. 
Viruses prey on them for them.

- You're sounding more religious than a born-again Christian. 
Because I don’t believe animals pop into existence? 

- Again, this isn't funny anymore. It's so pathetic. 
Sorry if It made you feel bad. 

Your turn. 
- Alright. If you are not capable of understanding a simple concept such as a circular argument, there really isn't much for us to discuss. 
A scientific theory is not an argument for something. It’s an explanation.

- Yeah. You're hopeless. What a waste of time.
Just apply your own logic to what you say as well.

- No. Evolution's only fate is the sewers of history. 
You think evolution will be completely flushed down the toilet? What’s left? Animals popping into existence? Pathetic!

So just one guy who you don’t like for his militant atheism?
What makes you feel good is all you care about.

- Not even the combined brain-power & force of charisma of all 7 billion people on Earth today is enough to save this decrepit mythology. 
Decrepit? That’s what a Flat Earthier would say. 
Amoranemix
Debates: 0
Amoranemix
-->
@Yassine
Adhering to or believing evolution by natural selection happened is reasonable because
1) It is not committing. For most people there is no practical difference between believing that and being agnostic
2) The large majority of scientists in pertinent fields share that belief.
3) TINBA : There is no better alternative. Critics of biological evolution usually do only that : criticize evolution.

For a theory which has been systematically & consistently taught for decades across the globe as a core science curriculum, Evolution fails spectacularly in gaining support.  Despite all the promotions, the majority of people outside Europe & East Asia do not believe in mainstream Evolution.
Flat-earthism also gains in popularity. Maybe there is something to that after all.

Yassine 7 to oromagi
[ . . . ] If you had an actual solid argument for evolution, a single irrefutable evidence for the theory, you would've brought it up first. With so much fanaticism, why has no-one ever brought this ever much needed evidence?
Given the theory of evolution by natural selection, what sort of single irrefutable evidence for the theory would you expect ?
The main objection of skeptics to God-belief is not the lack of evidence, but the lack of expected evidence.

We took a wolf and turned it into a chihuahua over the course of 10 thousand years.
- No. You took a dog & it's still a dog. It's the same species. Wolves, coyotes & dogs are interfertile. They are all the same species in the strictest definition of the word.
Not in the strictest sense. Interbreeding is often impossible due mechanical (size) reasons.

What's so hard to believe in that it goes further in the 3.5 billion years life has existed on this earth?
- You'd think. The same species which lived then (such as cyanobacteria) still the same species today. Yeah, indeed hard to believe.
Can you provide a source for that information ?

A bear looks like a big dog already.
- Two types of dogs can look more different than a bear looks different from an elephant. Still dogs. Like butterflies, all 17k species of them, they call all biologically intermate. They look so different, yet they are all still butterflies.
Butterflies being butterflies is not inconsistent with biological evolution.

I bet if I sat you next to a shaved ape people wouldn't tell the difference.
- Lemme ask you, suppose the most skeptical person you can imagine & you want to convince him that the theory of evolution is fact, with the most obvious proof. What would it be?[1]
So, if there a species that has not changed for tens of millions of years, you see that as evidence against biological evolution. What about species having changed over time, like dinosaurs having become birds ?
[1] If you wanted to convince the most skeptical person you can imagine that God did it, what would be your most obvious proof ?

I'd point him to a cranky Arab with an inferiority complex and a thousand year old book full of gay bashing by a supposed prophet who liked little girls. I'd ask him what he thought of that.
- Insults are the arguments of losers. Pathetic.
Read who is writing.

Science cares about truth and it looks inwards when disputing, while Islam/Christianity care about dominance and they look outwards.
Yassine  29
- I blame the education system for this. Instead of teaching you how to write an essay, they tell you to write one. Instead of teaching you what Science is, they tell you these catchphrases that mean nothing. Science does not relate to truth in the slightest, it relates to accuracy & likelihood. No scientific theory can ever be true, by design. [ . . . ]
Why is that ?

You’re the one fixated on “stories” and “narratives.”
Yassine  29
- You have it backwards. You have yet to produce any proof or evidence for the mythos that is the evolutionary narrative you subscribe to. Don't take my word for it, check the theory of evolution against the conditions required by the scientific method. Is the theory of evolution plausible? No, it isn't. It's a dumb reductionist theory in a quantum world.[2] Simple? Absolutely not. It's the most convoluted expansive tale ever produced by Mankind.[3] Verifiable? That's a joke.[4] Falsifiable? Haha. It's the only known so-called theory that predicts Jack Schitt.[5] Accurate? It doesn't predict anything or give us any measure of anything to even have the chance to be inaccurate, let alone accurate.[6]
[2] That is not a criterion for the quality of a theory.
[3] Simplicity of an explanation refers to the assumptions it relies on. It does not refer to the complexity of the mystery it tries to explain. One should not reject the stories told in the history books about the USA because one finds that history to be complex.
Moreover, simplicity of a theory must be evaluated in comparison to its competitors.
[4] What is the difference between verifyable and falsifiable ?
[5] Scientist predicted that SARS-COV-2 would mutate and that more contagious strains would appear and dominate.
Darwin predicted that the earth must be very old and that there there must be transitional fossils.
Scientists predict what fossils they won't find based on the age and order of geological strata.
Scientists predicted that the peppered moth, which seemed to have become darker in adaptation to pollution-staining on trees, would become lighter again with the reduction of pollution.
Scientists predict that the use of pesticides and antibiotics causes resistance to these chemicals to appear.
Before knowing about genes, Gregor Mendel induced from his experiments that attributes are quantized.
[6] How is that criterion different than verifyability and falsifiability ?

Like what biologist Sheril Kirshenbaum stated,  America is a very religious nation, and if forced to choose between faith and science, vast numbers of   Americans will select the former.
- I agree with the first half of this statement. Half of Americans religiously believe in the Christian creation story & the other half also religiously believe in the Evolutionationary creation story. This dichotomy is false. Virtually all people around the world adhere to the vast majority of scientific discovery, especially in Physics. Evolution is simply *not* Science. It's religion disguised as science, aka pseudoscience.[7] If you disagree, provide *proof* for the opposite.
[7] So you claim, but can you prove that ?

Aren’t new discoveries good?
- Discoveries, despite the hatefulness & biases of the evolutionationists. I remember few years back, Dawkins couldn't shut up about junk DNA & vestigial organs, until we discovered their true purpose & utility. Now he pretends like he knew all along. What a moron! Evolutionationists hamper the progress of Science & obstruct new discoveries, because they are not seeking to understand life & unravel its mysteries, rather they are after confirming their biases.[8] The darwinist looks at life-forms as badly designed machines barely functional, thus assuming their parts to be a priori functionless & obsolete, only there to explain evolution.[9] This is not just unscientific, it's anti-scientific.
[8] These scientists that discovered the function of vestigal organs, what were/are their beliefs about biological evolution ?
[9] What evidence can you present to support that claim ?

Can you tell me how?
- For instance. Human gene comparisons show closest similarity in RNA sequencing in elephants & farthest in rats; whereas the opposite is regarded in traditional phylogenies. Of course all based on the imaginary assumption: "similar = related". LOL! Since they can't reconcile this & that, they resorted to inventing new names... 'founding ancestor' instead of 'common ancestor'. Isn't this hilarious!
Please provide a source for that information.

Are you talking about science popularisers, or actual scientific study/experiments, peer review, replications?
- Huh? Outside the serious sciences (Physics are the gang), the overwhelming majority of publications are erroneous & irreproducible. In Evolutionary biology, the rate is close to 100%.
What evidence can you present to support that claim ?

How does quantum mechanics indicate the theory of evolution is void? You might as well say that about general relativity.
- Maybe this analogy will help. Back in the day they thought a duck is just a big clock, mechanical pieces attached together. It turns out it isn't. Evolution still looks at the duck as if it's a big clock. It really isn't. The problem with most people who believe Evolution is that they don't really understand its implications, but they trust the "experts" in what they tell them, because it's supposedly too technical.[10] This is true for religion, where the followers trust in their leaders to have the knowledge they themselves do not have. Why is this the case here. Well established scientific theories in Physics can all be personally verifiable & checked with reasonable effort. You don't need a mathematician or a physicist to tell you the equation is accurate. This is not the case for Evolution.[11]
[10] Is it not too technical ?
[11] That is due to the nature of the beast. One can test micro-evolution in a labority. How do you propose one tests macro-evolution ?

I care about truth.
- Then seek it, it isn't in the evolutionary narrative. Not because you're an atheist you have to believe in this nonsense. Sooner or later they will run out of new syntheses (i.e. versions) of their story. & the whole thing will be dropped in the shameful basket of history just like Eugenics was dropped & forgotten.
That would be a veryfiable prediction if you could put a timeframe on it. I predict that will never happen. When will that happen according to you ?

No, our understanding doesn’t. They may inform each other to one degree or another. But our understanding of everything else doesn’t derive from our understanding of quantum mechanics if that’s what you’re referring to.
- It strictly does.[*] You don't know what I'm talking about that's why you don't understand me. Go ask a chemist. You can not have Molecular Biology without Chemistry. You can not have Chemistry without Quantum Physics. Else, these disciplines will shrink back to 19th century level. This applies to engineering as well, you can not have Material Science or Computer Science... without Quantum Physics.
[*] No, it does not. Plenty of disciplines do not depend on quantum physics. For example : game theory, hydraulics, bridge building, behavioural biology, ship building, economics and experimental archeology.

The study of evolution covers countless scientific fields. I don’t know where to begin.
– The story* of Evolution,  yes! Ubiquitous, yet utterly useless. The theory of Evolution, regardless of its truth, has never produced a single useful thing.
You are mistaken. Some of the predictions made by the theory are useful. There are also genetic algorithms and use in conservation, e.g. for estimating minimal population sizes.

7 days later

Amoranemix
Debates: 0
Amoranemix
-->
@Yassine
@Reece101
Does that mean evolution in its entirety is wrong? Yes, with strong enough counter evidence which most likely we’ll never find.
- LMAO! There is zero evidence for Evolution; fetch those first before you celebrate.
I am confident you did not mean that, but you seem confrontational, so I suspect you will pretend to believe it.

Can you tell me how?
- For instance. Human gene comparisons show closest similarity in RNA sequencing in elephants & farthest in rats; whereas the opposite is regarded in traditional phylogenies. Of course all based on the imaginary assumption: "similar = related". LOL! Since they can't reconcile this & that, they resorted to inventing new names... 'founding ancestor' instead of 'common ancestor'. Isn't this hilarious!

The scientific fields that fall under evolution have.  
- No such thing. Evolution is a parasite narrative, leeching off everything else. Bring me a single useful thing that we have thanks to Evolution.
Because we don’t see fish turning into humans?
- If that, then it's an observation. Observation =/= theory. An observable fact is not Science. It's just a fact.
No. It is also evidence.

Well no - cuz' first of all - you are the one to have intially made the claim
- And you initially made the contrary claim.
Only after you.

furthermore - I am just describing you - you are denying science, therefore you are a science denier - pretty easy.  
- Blahblah... You're a science denier for denying Eugenics, & all the other hundreds of discarded scientific discoveries... This is not a very credible start to your case!
Who are you to decide how credible the start to his case is ?

As a scientific theory, however, which facts does evolutionary theory explain? One pivotal example is the succession in the fossil record. This evolution, namely, macroevolution, explains the larger evolutionary picture that is the appearance of the greater groups, such as the evolution of mammals, insects, and plants. Fossilized mammals are easily recognized, as they have distinct types of teeth, such as molars, canines, and incisors. These vertebrates are also very likely to fossilize on account of their rigid teeth and hard cranium. If mammals are so easily fossilized, how can we explain a rich fossil record full of vertebrates and invertebrates with no mammalian fossil before 300 million years ago?
- Species from different layers evolved from each-other, why?[12] Because there are different species in different layers, why?[13] Because they evolved from each-other. Brilliant. Regardless of the circular nature of this whole story, an argument for possibility is not an argument for existence, "it is possible that Harry killed Oliver, therefore Harry killed Oliver" is a logical fallacy.[14] "it is possible that evolution happened, therefore evolution happened" is a joke! Most of Evolution is actually circular.
[12] You asked for evidence. Theweakeredge gave evidence. Assuming you are not asking for a motive (why?), you are asking for a mechanism (how?). Explanations for that are easy to find online. Is that not explained in 'The Blind Watchmaker' ? Maybe you should read 'The Selfish Gene' then.
No, it's not because there are different species in different layers.
[13] Why there are different species in different layers ? No. It's not because they evolved from each other. It is because these species did not live at the same time. Species fossilize in the layers that deposit at the time of death of the pertinent individuals or directly after.
[14] What escapes you is that we have no better alternative for explaining Oliver's death and that no one claims that this piece of evidence alone proves Harry's guilt.

A particularly compelling example of speciation involves the 13 species of finches studied by Darwin on the Galápagos Islands, now known as Darwin's finches. The ancestors of these finches appear to have immigrated from the South American mainland to the Galápagos. Today the different species of finches on the island have distinct habitats, diets, and behaviors, but the mechanisms involved in speciation continue to operate. A research group led by Peter and Rosemary Grant of Princeton University has shown that a single year of drought on the islands can drive evolutionary changes in the finches. Drought diminishes supplies of easily cracked nuts but permits the survival of plants that produce larger, tougher nuts. Droughts thus favor birds with strong, wide beaks that can break these tougher seeds, producing populations of birds with these traits. The Grants have estimated that if droughts occur about once every 10 years on the islands, a new species of finch might arise in only about 200 years.
- Funny bit here. All the above is a lie. Finches are all inter-fertile. They are all actually the same species under the very definition of speciation. Confused? Don't be, the evolutionationists have a story, like they always do. The finches are actually not the same species even though they interbreed, no, no... they are different species & their interbreeding & actually hybridization. Solved! Just slap a new name & a new tale on the issue & you're safe. [ . . . ]
Your accusation appears to be not entirely false. However, for finch species to intebreed, there needed to have been speciation. Giving that some species still can interbreed, merely implies the speciation was not complete. The problem with birds is that they can usually easily move between the habitats as long as they can fly. Nonetheless, within a human lifetime a new speciation was observed on Daphne Major : evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/100201_speciation
Flightless cormorants live on the Galapagos Island Isabella and they could not have swam from mainland South America.

The historical nature of macroevolutionary study involves inference from fossils and DNA rather than direct observation. Yet in the historical sciences (which include astronomy, geology and archaeology, as well as evolutionary biology), hypotheses can still be tested by checking whether they accord with physical evidence and whether they lead to verifiable predictions about future discoveries. For instance, evolution implies that between the earliest known ancestors of humans (roughly five million years old) and the appearance of anatomically modern humans (about 200,000 years ago), one should find a succession of hominin creatures with features progressively less apelike and more modern, which is indeed what the fossil record shows. But one should not—and does not—find modern human fossils embedded in strata from the Jurassic period (65 million years ago). Evolutionary biology routinely makes predictions far more refined and precise than this, and researchers test them constantly.
- No such thing. We have human fossils & we have ape fossils. Nothing in between. They dropped that whole schtick a while ago. They don't say it's a human sequence anymore. That story couldn't pan out so they dropped it. The new story is the different "hominin" all have shared a common ancestor. Funnier still, the infamous Lucy being an ape and all, it had a posterior pelvis. This was of course unacceptable, how dare an ape skeleton which was supposed to be able to walk upright have a posterior pelvis like a regular ape?! The audacity!! So they brought a doctor who set it upright & invented this beautiful tale about how the pelvis was actually upright but it only looked posterior to us because the ape had a deadly accident where the bones were crushed making it posterior... true story! Oh, btw, the remains were scattered across a couple miles too.. You can't make this shit up!
What is the source of your information ? What about the fossils of the australopithecus, the homo habilis and the homo erectus ?

Evolution could be disproved in other ways, too. If we could document the spontaneous generation of just one complex life-form from inanimate matter, then at least a few creatures seen in the fossil record might have originated this way. If superintelligent aliens appeared and claimed credit for creating life on Earth (or even particular species), the purely evolutionary explanation would be cast in doubt. But no one has yet produced such evidence.
- Their creative imagination ability always amazes me. So delusional!
Your fallacy of choice is : missing the point. This is about the falsibiability of the theory, not about the imagination of 'they'.

Yassine 50 to Theweakeredge
- I already provided my argument. If you didn't get it, let me write it into a simple syllogism for you:
P1. Richard Dawkins is most knowledgeable of Evolutionary Theory. [fact]
P2. Richard Dawkins knows the best arguments for Evolutionary Theory. [follows from P1]
P3. Richard Dawkins is most advocate for Evolutionary Theory. [fact]
P4. Richard Dawkins presents the best arguments for Evolutionary Theory. [follows from P2 & P3]
P5. Richard Dawkins has not presented any good arguments for the Evolutionary Theory. [my finding]
P6. The best arguments for Evolutionary Theory are not good arguments. [follows from P4 & P5]
C. There are no good arguments for Evolutionary Theory. [follows from P6]
Please clarify the meaning of 'most knowledgeable'. After having done that, depending on its meaning, demonstrate either P1 or P2.
Please clarify the meaning of 'most advocate'. After having done that, depending on its meaning, demonstrate either P3 or P4.
Please demonstrate P5.

If that line of argumentation worked, one could easily render belief in almost any religion irrational. One picks a popular guru of that religion, then rejects his arguments (one's own finding) and the desired conclusion follows.

Like I said, willful ignorance is a challenge. And I’m trying to better understand.
Why are you wasting your time dodging & eluding, when you can just provide a single proof for evolution & be done with it.
Why don't you disprove evolution ?

- Why are you wasting your time dodging & eluding, when you can just provide a single proof for evolution & be done with it.
What would be the point?
Winning the argument.

How do they do it?
- Different species have different DNAs. DNA sequencing is used to determine the base pairs of the genome. Genome size can vary a lot between species, up to 200 times the size of the human genome (3 billion). [ . . . ]
What species has 600 billion base pairs in their genome ?