Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count

Pie [1/4] Wylted
Earth [2/4] Lunatic, Pie

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, given that Winry Rockbell and Edward Elric have already been outed, I think there is no longer any doubt that we have at least Alphonse Elric, Roy Mustang, and Scar (who, by the by, I would have pegged as the Miller). I was thinking that it was possible that all of town was Amestris military, which would have changed things up quite a bit, but clearly, that isn’t the case.

That would mean we have one remaining character, and I sincerely doubt that that last character was reserved for a relatively random side character just to get a good justification for a Miller that’s already pretty clear. It’s possible that the split puts Scar in scum, and the justification for the character is pretty damn good (and hard to believe it came from a non-fan), but right now, that’s the only reason I’m not all-in on sussing Pie. His character just doesn’t fit what we’re seeing. Guess I’ll put this out there: is anyone else getting a side character that is not listed in this post or MisterChris’s from DP1? https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6312-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-dp1?page=2&post_number=37

Suffice it to say that I’d like to hear from Earth before we move forward with any lynch, though there’s little likelihood that his claim will change my view that we should lynch Pie this DP. I’ll hold off on voting until we hear.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I meant one remaining town character. Think Bradley and Father are most likely for scum, and Ling/Greed is most likely the last town. Alternatively, it could be Scar and Ling as scum because they’re foreign to Amestris and/or fit more neatly into anti-hero and part-time villain categories, in which case there are still plenty of more prominent options for filling the last two town slots.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'm busy now. I'm Alphonse.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
So you not gonna full claim?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
How many Elrics are there?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
It’s possible the theme could be the Elric brothers vs everyone else. Just a theory tho as usual
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Eh doubt it. Besides me seeing my PM and seeing I am town, Winry's description implies the Elrics are town. I am Bulletproof. My soul inhabits a suit of armor and its sturdy/useful, ergo I am BP.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
MisterChris - Winry Rockbell - CRAFTSMAN: 1x Cop, 1x Bulletproof, 1x Vigilante

Pie - Maria Ross - Miller
Earth - Alphonse Elric - Bulletproof 
Wylted - Edward Elric - ???
Badger - ??? - 1x Cop??
Lunatic - ??? - ???
Whiteflame - ??? - ???
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Eh doubt it. Besides me seeing my PM and seeing I am town, Winry's description implies the Elrics are town. I am Bulletproof. My soul inhabits a suit of armor and its sturdy/useful, ergo I am BP.
That’s all? Sounds rather weak to me
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
I haven't watched FMA so I can't really have input. What kind of shit does Alphonse do?

Earth
Earth
I reread my PM and it did say that the only way to kill me is to remove my soul from the armor. So w/e.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Ah for fuck sake. I buy it. 
badger
badger
It's full claim time. 
badger
badger
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@Polyglot
Full claim.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I don't really see a reason for a full claim until dp3, seeing as how it's pretty obvious, at least to me that Pie is scum
badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
Please do not be awkward. You think there's 2 mafia and 1 offered himself up on a silver platter 5 posts into D1?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
Precisely. 
badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
Every major role is outed, let's see characters. 
badger
badger
He might have been cc'd by a real miller or anything, and what would that have bought mafia? 

Do mods give mafia fake role claims even?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
Usually when there is a cop in the game, the mafia have a good father, so claiming a Miller could be CCed. 

I assume no godfather on the scum team made pie feel like miller was not only safe but an easy claim.

Also usually it would be late stages of the game where we discovered there was no cop, so he just has to stay alive long enough to see 2 mislynches. 

Same with bulletproof claims as a convenient excuse to still be alive in endgame scenarios
badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
Fuhrer Bradley is 100% the godfather in this game. Look him up. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
I don’t mind outing the remaining characters, though I think mass full claims are premature. Both of the Elric brothers have claimed (BP makes sense for Alphonse, even if it’s not particularly inspired), we have Winry Rockbell and Maria Ross (who still looks like an outlier to me - not particularly bothered by the role being rather ballsy to claim early, particularly if mafia are aware of the roles in the game). That leaves 4 unclaimed characters from Lunatic, Polyglot, Badger and me.

Since Badger is leading the charge on this, I think the least he can do is be the first to character claim, especially as he has insinuated that he has already used his one-shot role. I’ll character claim after I see it.
badger
badger
I am Van Hohenheim.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I’m not surprised that he’s in this, but I am surprised that he’s the Cop. What’s the justification for that?

badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
Why is Winry a cop? I revealed critical information to the Elric brothers.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
Well, she’s the JOAT, which I actually would have thought was a more appropriate role for Hohenheim (generally have trouble seeing how Winry could have either a Cop or Vig). Still seems off to me, not sure why the Cop best fits even with that justification, but I’ll set that aside until we see the other character claims. I’ll point out, however, that the justification for Maria Ross is much more of a clean and clear fit than any of the justifications I’ve heard so far, almost like it was crafted by someone else.

I’m Roy Mustang.
Polyglot
Polyglot
I feel like there wouldn’t be a cop in the game given Chris’s role. With that being said I feel like the Miller role would be a useless role given the assumed mechanics of the game. I think Pie is the closest suspect we have.  

Also my role is Riza Hawkeye

VTL ILikePie