CRT Breaks Everything

Author: Fruit_Inspector

Total: 165
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
"Denial of Evolution is a Form of White Supremacy"

Even as an opinion piece, I hope both evolutionists and creationists can agree that this is just bad argumentation and should never have made it into a publication like this. But this is Critical Race Theory. Whiteness is evil and is to blame for basically everything wrong with society. I hope people can see the logical end of such reasoning.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Idk about all that white supremacy nonsense. It's just reality denial, no need to bring all this other crap into it.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Right, everyone knows that Adam and Eve were White and Blacks evolved from Apes in 6000 years.
FLRW
FLRW
The president of the nation’s second-largest teachers union is taking a strong stand against a recent spate of laws that restrict public-school lessons on racism, vowing legal action to protect any member who “gets in trouble for teaching honest history.”

Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, warned in a speech Tuesday that conservative lawmakers, pundits and news sites are waging a “culture campaign” against critical race theory. The theory is a decades-old academic framework that asserts racism is woven into the history and thus the present of the nation, helping shape how institutions and systems function.

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
I'm not even sure how to respond to that statement...
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
Your first statement that is
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Just say yes, I believe we should teach young people a theory that is a decades-old academic framework that asserts racism is woven into our history .
This might help eliminate racism.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
And how will we know when this supposed racism has been eliminated?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Sum1hugme
We would obviously disagree on which side of the argument is denying reality, but at least we can agree that being on the other side does not make one guilty of white supremacy. I'm not sure how that article was considered at all, even as an opinion piece. That's where our culture is at I guess.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I don’t agree. If race is a social construct, it might as well not be “race” anymore. The social construct version of “sex” is gender.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I mean I don’t agree with CRT but it doesn’t destroy “everything”, for example, the big bang and physics.
FLRW
FLRW
Does anybody here agree with the statement  "We simply believe that the United States of America was founded as a white Christian nation." ?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
Do you agree with the statement that denial of evolution is white supremacy?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Intelligence_06
Race, as it is typically understood, is a social construct that serves a purpose but is far from a perfect system. That is why people from Russia, India, Iran, and China are all Asians, but they're not all "Asian." CRT is part of a worldview that affects how everything is interpreted. That includes ideas like math and physics. If requiring correct answers in math is racist, what does that do to the application of physics?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Do you agree with the statement that denial of evolution is white supremacy?
Yes
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
At least you're being consistent. But you never answered my other question. How will we know when this supposed racism has been eliminated?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
 How will we know when this supposed racism has been eliminated?
When the Supreme Knights of the Klu Klux Klan doesn't have a website anymore?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
The problem is if you cannot clearly identify the "racism" you are trying to eliminate, how can it be eliminated? So I want a serious answer as to how we will know racism has been eliminated, because the answer you have given is clearly not your only parameter for measuring that.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@FLRW
@Fruit_Inspector
 How will we know when this supposed racism has been eliminated?
I think you are conflating two different organizations.

The top ranks in the national Klan org are Imperial Wizard and Grand Dragon.  Supreme Knight is the top rank in the Knights of Columbus which is a fraternal organization largely constituted as a counter-reaction to anti-Catholic bigotry promoted by the Klan.

If you mean David Duke who founded the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, his title was Grand Wizard but he was forced out of his own organization after selling a membership list to the FBI.

Stormfront is the main website of the Klan and it was founded by Duke's ex-wife and the guy she left Duke for.  Duke is still a frequent and popular contributor.  Last fall, investigators discovered that Stormfront was running on the same Philippines-based server as 8kun, the main QAnon website owned by Jim Watkins, and administered by his son Ron Watkins. The new information exposed both sites to increased attacks and criminal investigation so both websites were brought under the protection of St. Petersburg-based (read Russian Intel) DDo-Guard who's biggest client is the Russian military.  After the Jan 6 attacks, DDo-Guard renounced 8kun so now its not clear who protects QAnon and Stormfront, except that it is protected by Russian interests.

I wonder what Klan members from the 50's and 60's would think of the current Stormfront's dependence on Russian Intel to stay up and running.  We might note that after going to jail for tax evasion and spending charitable donations on himself Duke spent a couple of years in Russia and the Ukraine meeting with many of the same oligarch-adjacent personalities that met with Giuliani and Manafort.  They helped Duke get on his feet by sponsoring his neo-Nazi instigations in Germany, the Czech Republic, and the UK.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@oromagi
FLRW
FLRW
Make a Stand Join the Klan

Facts the ZOG Hides
African-American adolescent females between the ages of 13 and 19 represent 15 percent of all U.S. adolescent females, yet they account for 66 percent of all AIDS cases reported among young women. HIV/AIDS rates for African American females were 19 times the rates for white females and 5 times the rates for Hispanic females:
BLACK-ON-WHITE RAPES.......In 1988 there were nine reported incidents of black women being raped by white men. In the same year there were 9,400 reported cases of white women being raped by black men In 1991 there were 94 reported cases of white on black rape, but 20,016 reported cases of white women being raped by black men. (Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, 1993, p.290, Table 351.)
In Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation of Sept. 1862 he said: "I have urged the colonization of the Negroes, (back to Africa), and I shall continue. My Emancipation Proclamation was linked with this plan (of colonization). There is no room for two distinct races of White men in America, much less for two distinct races of Whites and Blacks. . . . I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the negro into our social and political life as our equal...Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro...under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can never do here. We can never attain the ideal union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, inferior race among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable."
On Jan. 31, 1977, Martin Luther King's FBI records were sealed by court order until the year 2027 because, as his wife said, "its release would destroy his reputation" These records are rumored to contain instances of bizarre sexual perversion and homosexuality, and proof that King was under the direct orders of Soviet spies and financed by the Communist Party.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@FLRW
Thanks for that, I would never have found that via any search engine or internet listing.  It looks like this is a freeweb website hosted on webs.com so its basically a blog and the last update I see is from 2008.  I can't tell if this is associated with the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan or is some kind of independent effort.

It doesn't look like the creator has paid for a domain name which is probably good news in terms of the likely lifespan remaining to this site.

In late 2020, the parent company, Vistaprint, announced that on March 31, 2021 all the paying websites hosted by webs.com will be migrated to the Vistaprint domain and all the free websites deleted, with their owners' accounts removed. This change was postponed to June 30, 2021.
Looks like the change was postponed again but I interpret this information to mean that this website wont be a website anymore in the short term.

I don't find the Supreme Knights of the Ku Klux Klan listed as a hate group in 2008 or today on the SPLC or ADL hate group lists.  This is probably a pretty indie effort but its hard to know for sure.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
So... you're a fan of posting one statement from an entire article, just stripping the context in order to make your opposition seem dumb? Huh - no wonder people call you dishonest - let's see where the statement is actually coming from, shall we?

"The global scientific community overwhelmingly accepts that all living humans are of African descent. Most scientific articles about our African origins focus on genetics. The part of the story that is not widely shared is about the creation of human culture. We are all descended genetically, and also culturally, from dark-skinned ancestors. Early humans from the African continent are the ones who first invented tools; the use of fire; language; and religion. These dark skinned early people laid down the foundation for human culture.  Considering the short life span of our early ancestors, these original innovators were probably also very young. No one who follows artistic trends will be surprised to learn that, from the beginning, human culture was essentially invented by teenagers. And by culture I don’t just mean the arts, I mean the whole shebang."
Ah, so I immediately grasp the angle the article is coming from - that some white supremacists reject evolution on the basis that we came from Africa.. which - yeah - would be racist. 

"I want to unmask the lie that evolution denial is about religion and recognize that at its core, it is a form of white supremacy that perpetuates segregation and violence against Black bodies. Under the guise of “religious freedom,” the legalistic wing of creationists loudly insists that their point of view deserves equal time in the classroom. Science education in the U.S. is constantly on the defensive against antievolution activists who want biblical stories to be taught as fact. In fact, the first wave of legal fights against evolution was supported by the Klan in the 1920s. Ever since then, entrenched racism and the ban on teaching evolution in the schools have gone hand in hand. In his piece, What We Get Wrong About the Evolution Debate, Adam Shapiro argues that “the history of American controversies over evolution has long been entangled with the history of American educational racism.”"
Oh, so even more stuff that makes sense - cuz' yeah, creationists, both tend to be right wing, and tend to oppose evolution - so yeah actually this all lines up. Even bringing some credibility to the argument further by tying in the KKK. Very interesting that it makes more sense once you read it.

"At the heart of white evangelical creationism is the mythology of an unbroken white lineage that stretches back to a light-skinned Adam and Eve. In literal interpretations of the Christian Bible, white skin was created in God's image. Dark skin has a different, more problematic origin. As the biblical story goes, the curse or mark of Cain for killing his brother was a darkening of his descendants' skin. Historically, many congregations in the U.S. pointed to this story of Cain as evidence that Black skin was created as a punishment."
Huh, how interesting - let's look that up - fact check it, ya' know?

"Many interpreters have questioned the “mark” placed on Cain after he kills his brother Abel. The notion of the “mark of Cain” as dark skin is a familiar interpretive tradition. Less well known are interpretations that treat the mark as white skin. This article traces how Black interpreters connect the “mark of Cain,” white skin, and White violence."
Huh... so is a thing. Ya' know, as recognized by a study

"American Protestant racial beliefs on the mark of Cain
At some point after the start of the slave trade in the United States, many[citation neededProtestant denominations began teaching the belief that the mark of Cain was a dark skin tone in an attempt to justify their actions, although early descriptions of Romani as "descendants of Cain" written by Franciscan friar Symon Semeonis suggest that this belief had existed for some time. Protestant preachers wrote exegetical analyses of the curse, with the assumption that it was dark skin.[19]"
Even more stuff - interesting - very interesting. From this perspective - it makes a lot of sense actually -seems like your a bullshitter my friend. 

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Theweakeredge
And yet, even in the current literature about human origins that we do have, the end point of evolution is often depicted as a white man carrying a spear. This image not only eliminates our African heritage but also erases women and children from the picture. Because evolution is foundational knowledge, we need the story to be told in many different ways, by many different voices.

As we move forward to undo systemic racism in every aspect of business, society, academia and life, let’s be sure to do so in science education as well. Embracing humanity’s dark-skinned ancestors with love and respect is key to changing our relationship to the past, and to creating racial equity in the present. These ancient people made the rest of us possible. Opening our hearts to them and embracing them as heroic, fully human and worthy of our respect is part of the process of healing from our racist history.
I notice you left out the conclusion which states that even the typical image used by evolutionists (the ape to man progression) is a form of systemic racism.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Actually... curiously, it doesn't say that - not even once 
And yet, even in the current literature about human origins that we do have, the end point of evolution is often depicted as a white man carrying a spear. This image not only eliminates our African heritage but also erases women and children from the picture. Because evolution is foundational knowledge, we need the story to be told in many different ways, by many different voices.

As we move forward to undo systemic racism in every aspect of business, society, academia and life, let’s be sure to do so in science education as well. Embracing humanity’s dark-skinned ancestors with love and respect is key to changing our relationship to the past, and to creating racial equity in the present. These ancient people made the rest of us possible. Opening our hearts to them and embracing them as heroic, fully human and worthy of our respect is part of the process of healing from our racist history.
It moves on from talking about that image - to a new paragraph - about the entire image of systemic racism - you know the whole "business, society, academia, and life" thing - so no - the two things don't connect. Is it a form of racism? Yeah, definitely, was it claimed to be systemically racist nope. I mean, I think it's true, but its just incredible how bad you are at reading. 

You even missed the whole "erased women and children from the picture", cuz its a foundational thing, so being it told in different ways is important-  the entire point of that paragraph... jeez you really are bad at this - also - so what?? What does it matter? Are you so astounded that racism exists that you can't believe that something like this exists? It does, deal with it. 
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Theweakeredge
Critical Theory is the larger umbrella ideology which Critical Race Theory is a part of. This means the disparities that exist as they relate to gender and age are also part of the systemic oppression claimed by Critical Theory.

This image not only eliminates our African heritage but also erases women and children from the picture. Because evolution is foundational knowledge, we need the story to be told in many different ways, by many different voices.
This the language of Critical Theory. Hearing the voices of the oppressed is a part of fighting systemic racism. And we know that the ape to man image is a form of systemic racism because it inequitably represents the hegemony (a white male), while the oppressed classes (black, women , children) are underrepresented.

Critical theorists also make a distinction between racism as it is traditionally understood, and racism as it should be understood in the context of Critical Race Theory. Ibram X. Kendi even makes the point that "systemic racism" is a redundant term because racism is systemic.

Is [the image] a form of racism? Yeah, definitely, was it claimed to be systemically racist nope. I mean, I think it's true, but its just incredible how bad you are at reading.
A couple of questions:
  1. If Kendi, a leading proponent of CRT, does not make any meaningful distinction between racism and systemic racism but you do, who is wrong? You or Kendi?
  2. Does being rude and condescending make you feel good? If not, why do it?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Right, everyone knows that Adam and Eve were White and Blacks evolved from Apes in 6000 years.
Evolution is still evolution on Earth,  irrespective of a start date { true or not }

The question still remains, whether biologic life from where before there was no biologic life,  actually occurred here on Earth, however many years ago.

Obviously it is not easy to create biologic life from where before their was none, because humans ---with their access to mind/intellect/concepts--- have not been able to do so.  At best, humans created left-handed amino-acids, that, are used in biologic life. However, nature already creates those in extraterrestrial { of Earth } places.

The oldest human bones are from southern Africa, ergo those humans were  most likely black, and modern white humans only evolved after living northern climates for extended periods of time, where intense sun is less of issue on the skin and skull.

Panspermia is  a possibility. See this https://www.panspermia.org/

My personal belief is, that, RNA-DNA coding for biologic life is encoded in some kinds of black holes and may actually exist eternally.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Thats the thing though - they don't - they never claimed that - you are asserting it to be the fact because you assert to know what you're talking about. My thing is - it just doesn't say that-  does it imply that it's racist? Well yeah, obviously, but it never says it causes systemic racism - a part of it? Sure - did it say that though? Nope. You are merely asserting it to be true

Also - you stop getting respect whenever you stop being intellectually honest- then you are nothing more than a liar in my eyes. 
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Theweakeredge
"Also - you stop getting respect whenever you stop being intellectually honest- then you are nothing more than a liar in my eyes."
So do all people who lie deserve to be disrespected and insulted? Is that a part of your ethical standard?

But here is the statement I was referencing from the article:
"And yet, even in the current literature about human origins that we do have, the end point of evolution is often depicted as a white man carrying a spear."
Do you believe that the author of the article would agree or disagree that portraying the ape to man image ending in a white man with a spear is a form (not a cause) of systemic racism?

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Regardless of your opinion about the article - what does it have to do with CRT? How are your defining Critical Race Theory?