CRT Breaks Everything

Author: Fruit_Inspector

Total: 165
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Did you just assume the author was a man? Uh oh...

And you'll have to explain what is apparently so funny.

*when you have no argument*
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
*when multiple people find a statement unclear, so you seek clarification so as not to misrepresent someone's position*
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Lemming
Just saw this and it seemed relevant to what we talked about. From the article "How America’s treeless streets are fueling inequality":

Trees, and the shade they provide, are actually markers of race and class...According to the data collected by the Texas A&M Forest Service, in Houston’s "medium to high" developed areas, there are an estimated 3.7 trees per person. In similar areas in Austin there are 4 trees per person and in San Antonio there are 7.5.

"There is disparity here. [Houston has] low tree canopy cover and high heat."

This is the mindset of CRT adherents. Seek out disparities between races, attribute those causes to racism that benefits white people, then ignore any alternatives no matter how reasonable they are. Because literally everything is racist. And racist tree planting is just one more reason to tear down our entire economy and give the government more power.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
See: On the Brain of the Negro, Compared with That of the European and the Orang-Outang
Author(s): Frederick Tiedemann
Source: Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London , 1836, Vol. 126 (1836),
pp. 497-527
Published by: Royal Society
(note that this was published in 1836)

It states: It is evident from the comparison of the capacity of the cavum cranii of the Negro with that of the European, Mongolian, American, and Malayan, that the cavity of the skull of the Negro, in general, is not smaller than that of the European and other human races. The result of HAMILTON's * researches is the same.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
That 'does seem a tad absurd, to me.
Trees.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
@drlebronski
It seems both of you believe it is reprehensible to make comments regarding the proximity of a particular race to monkeys on the evolutionary timescale. If every organism falls somewhere on this timescale, it seems appropriate to inquire as to where on that timescale certain groups of organisms fall

Anyone else can comment as well if they find this practice reprehensible.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
But this is Critical Race Theory. TRIBALISM is evil and is to blame for basically everything wrong with society.

Do you spend more time and energy assisting and interacting with YOUR OWN family than you spend interacting with OTHERS ?

DOES THIS FAMILIAL PREFERENCE MAKE YOU A "RACIST" ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
It seems both of you believe it is reprehensible to make comments regarding the proximity of a particular race to monkeys
SKIN TONE ≠ "RACE"
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
My worldview would say that valuing familial ties is a moral obligation. But there are CRT advocates who would accuse me of racism for that. Black Lives Matter is one such organization that believes valuing the nuclear family is a form of white supremacy.

SKIN TONE ≠ "RACE"
This is the problem with the social construct of race. There are benefits to these manmade categories, but you have identified a major weakness. The parameters for different categories are sometimes contradictory (are Russians Asian or white?). In my worldview, there is ultimately only one race (human) with many shades of the same color based on melanin count. I admit I am more melanin-challenged than my darker counterparts.

We are not an evolving group of organisms, some being closer to monkeys than others. We are an utterly distinct group that have always been and will always be human.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Lemming
I agree. The problem I see from many conservatives is that their only strategy for combating CRT is to poke fun at the absurdity and nothing more. They fail to realize that these seemingly absurd ideas are the logical consequences of an underlying worldview that is one of the main factors in our current culture war. I'm not saying that's your approach. That is just typically what I see. There is no in-depth analysis of the worldviews competing for the minds of Americans. This is why I believe we need to confront CRT in a more comprehensive way. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
My difficulty with a number of Left talking points is their vagueness, both in definition and action to be taken.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Lemming
I definitely won't argue with you about that!
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
i don't think you really understand crt you say that it ignores all other possibilities but it doesn't. They have plenty of evidence to back up their claims. though i would agree there are some leftists who would call anyone racist. You say that critical race theorists say everythings racist yet thats not true. most of the people that do that arent critical race theorists and dont even fullr understand CRT like robin diangelo.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@drlebronski
Does anyone have a 'monopoly on the 'term, though, and 'how it is explained?

"Defund the Police"?
Means exactly what it's first speakers 'said.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
Lemming's question is pertinent here. CRT advocates do differ in their analysis of what is racist, but they have a pretty general agreement on the main tenets they hold to. And given that DiAngelo is one of the most popular and influential advocates of CRT, her version of it must be considered within the larger framework of the CRT debate. Ideas are not always stagnant.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Robin Diangelo's is very well known on the left and actually very hated by the left. There will always be the pea brains on twitter crying about how all white people are racist and something someone did 5 years ago is racist but those are mainly 14 year olds who dont know what their talking bout
drlebronski
drlebronski
Conservatives use her to say crt is racist to white people and makes people hate america
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
My worldview would say that valuing familial ties is a moral obligation. But there are CRT advocates who would accuse me of racism for that. Black Lives Matter is one such organization that believes valuing the nuclear family is a form of white supremacy.
I'm quite certain that even the most ancient african hominids exhibited familial preference and TRIBALISTIC tendencies.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
SKIN TONE ≠ "RACE"
This is the problem with the social construct of race. There are benefits to these manmade categories, but you have identified a major weakness. The parameters for different categories are sometimes contradictory (are Russians Asian or white?). In my worldview, there is ultimately only one race (human) with many shades of the same color based on melanin count. I admit I am more melanin-challenged than my darker counterparts.

We are not an evolving group of organisms, some being closer to monkeys than others. We are an utterly distinct group that have always been and will always be human.
Well stated.

It's also worth noting that the usage of "white people" or a "white race" for a large group of mainly or exclusively European populations, defined by their light skin, among other physical characteristics, and contrasting with "black", "red", "brown", "yellow", and other "colored" people or "persons of color", originated in the 17th century. Prior to this, Europeans also described people from East Asia as being "white". It was only during the 19th century that this vague category was transformed in a pseudo-scientific system of race and skin color relations. [**]

White Americans are Americans who identify as and are perceived to be white people. [**]

"identify as" - - there is no "blood test" - - it's pure, unfiltered "SELF-DEFINITION"

The characterization of Middle Eastern and North African Americans as white has been a matter of controversy. In the early 20th century, there were a number of cases where people of Arab descent were denied entry into the United States or deported, because they were characterized as nonwhite.[21] In 1944, the law changed, and Middle Eastern and North African peoples were granted white status. In 2015, the US Census endorsed the idea of creating a separate racial category for Middle Eastern and North African Americans in the 2020 Census, but this plan was discarded when the Trump Administration came to power.

In cases where individuals do not self-identify, the U.S. census parameters for race give each national origin a racial value.
Additionally, people who reported Muslim (or a sect of Islam such as Shi'ite or Sunni), Jewish, Zoroastrian, or Caucasian as their "race" in the "Some other race" section, without noting a country of origin, are automatically tallied as White.[22] The US Census considers the write-in response of "Caucasian" or "Aryan" to be a synonym for White in their ancestry code listing.[23]

Middle Eastern and North African peoples were granted white status.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
CRT is just confirmation and validation of what I have been saying for twenty plus years. Everyone and everything is racist. Told ya so. Don't say you are not racist, you definitely are even if you don't know it. CRT is primarily for intellectual dullards starving for meaning and validation of their worthless pointless lives.  Feminism, racism, all the isms are just modern day enslavement tools. You fall for them, you are your own slave master. You cant succeed, don't even try. Like I said, all of these narratives are for intellectual dullards and there is no shortage of people to eat it up and sabotage their own lives so they can live the victim their entire lives and never take responsibility for their own lot in life. Ya, its my fault, the guy who works at a granite shop doing a job 99% of you wouldn't even think of doing. I am the one holding you back. Well good, you wont be any competition for me in the work place. You cant succeed and never will. I think its funny. If you are one of these CRT people and want real social justice, go after all the people in trades like electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, air conditioning ect. They are the most racist and the biggest oppressor's in the world. You need to round all these people up and execute them all, only then will you have real social justice.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lemming
You don't get what I'm talking about-  until you actually read the debate - please butt out. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Theweakeredge
True, I don't get what you're talking about in post #51, seemed an odd post, so I inquired, in curiosity.
Ornery today, are you?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lemming
No - you see- my point was that the author never said that the evolution image was causing systemic racism - that wasn't the author's point when they brought that up, not primarily, the title of the article is completely seperate from what we're now talking about. Regardless, FruitInspector has completely abondoned their initial point, as such I see no point in continuing, continuing a talk with someone so dishonest. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Theweakeredge
"I want to unmask the lie that evolution denial is about religion and recognize that at its core, it is a form of white supremacy that perpetuates segregation and violence against Black bodies." - Denial of Evolution Is a Form of White Supremacy - Scientific American

Maybe I'm slow, but their point seems clear stated enough, to me.

I don't think Fruit_Inspector's point has changed from the start, really.
Starts as a complaint against CRT, 'continues in complaint against CRT.

Though I'm 'still unsure how people are defining CRT, myself.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lemming
You weren't folllowing - he was specifically talkin' about how the article says that the iconic image explaining evolution is casuing systemic racism  - which isn't true - the article never said that - did it imply that if you were following? Sure - but I'm being pedantic to prove a point, that unless Fruit was following the article, and actually understood, and interlized it's point - he wouldn't have noticed- at the very least he attempted to.

Yet, even though he did that, he didn't reveal an ounce of nuance when making this topic. He is utterly dishonest. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Theweakeredge
Difference in perception, isn't the same as a difference in individual honesty, is my opinion.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lemming
I would agree - however- FruitInspector never attempted to shed any nuance on his claim -instead trying trying to discredit CRT uncritically with an appeal to reductio ad absurdum; however, he completely cast them in a way that didn't reflect the truth of the article, literally a great example of what dishonesty is. 
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Theweakeredge
Your quote from #85:
You weren't folllowing - he was specifically talkin' about how the article says that the iconic image explaining evolution is casuing systemic racism 
Perhaps I am just being pedantic, but could you please cite and quote the exact place that I said the ape to man image was "causing" systemic racism? Because if I never said that it "causes" systemic racism, then by your logic I am completely justified in calling you a lying piece of trash and being as rude to you as you have been to me.

Of course, my ethical system does not allow for this as yours seems to. Nor would I even desire to treat another sentient being in such a disrespectful way.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
That is interesting info about the census. And it sounds like you are not necessarily a fan of viewing all of life through the lens of race then?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Nope - you've completely missed the point - cuz' even if that is true - it still wouldn't matter. You see-  as I explained to Lemming, my pedantics were pedantic, usually I wouldn't be so - usually I wouldn't care; however, whenever you are being so obviously dishonest- well I am very petty. You claimed:

"Even as an opinion piece, I hope both evolutionists and creationists can agree that this is just bad argumentation and should never have made it into a publication like this. But this is Critical Race Theory. Whiteness is evil and is to blame for basically everything wrong with society. I hope people can see the logical end of such reasoning."
To be honest, I was mistaken, I apologize- however -I really don't care about that.

Cuz... how do I say this plainly, it's horrible off-topic. That quote above is what I'm really here for, I wanted to see how deep you'd go with one little thing - see that's the difference - you make claims of dishonesty, I used ignorance as a tool, either way, I suppose you could call me scum - but I wouldn't care. One doesn't care much about the opinion of people like you. You like to have the technical win, the win that satisfies your ego - I want you to simply admit - you were purposely trying to dishonestly frame CRT cuz' you can't even bother to do some basic reading.

Go on then.