What is everyone's investing strategy with cryptocurrency

Author: Wylted ,

Total: 10
Wylted
Debates: 28
Wylted
read title. I am curious about how you would value a crypto currency to k ow you are getting a fair deal.

Or is the strategy behind investing in them some sort of variation of the greater fool theory?
RationalMadman
Debates: 348
RationalMadman
Money will defeat crypto eventually (stop rooting for the chaotic underdog). My strategy is to not invest one cent.
zedvictor4
Debates: 15
zedvictor4
@RatMan

Words of wisdom.
Wylted
Debates: 28
Wylted
Rm,

I think governments will adopt crypto and about 60% of all the money floating around the United States only exists digitally.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
1980 --- i think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so, ---most USA listeners only thought of the Japanese car market into USA, that began in 1965 with Japanese transistor radioe's in shirt pockets of so many young USA teenagers---

>> 40 years later  >>>>

2021 --- I think i',m turning crypto crazy, I really think so,   ---digital only means people can loose or gain financially faster than ever before in all of known history of econmics, which such economics are meaningless to survival of humans on Earth and its ecological systems that sustain them-----
fauxlaw
Debates: 71
fauxlaw
--> @Wylted
Any word such as currency (money) whose prefix is as ominous as crypto, which, etymologically  (Greek) relates to an underground burial conrainer of the dead, or a hidden repository, does not bode well for currency, the which investment ought to be open, above “ground” and increasing in value as an investment. It’s not the money’s fault; it’s stupid use of language and faulty contribution to the lexicon. As a suggestion for investment, it’s not a good start.
RationalMadman
Debates: 348
RationalMadman
--> @fauxlaw
cryptocurrencies are rarely called crypto... Just saying, that is not the reason to attack it.

It is indeed unreliable and futile but those reasons are due to rapid, completely chaotic inflation and deflation of each cryptocurrency that quite literally can't be estimated or predicted. The only people who make money from crypto in the long run are either lucky bastards who bought and sold at the precise sweet spots (which nobody has any way of knowing) or it's the miners who are involved with goading people in to invest in their particular crypto, mining it on servers for a while and helping the trade while getting guaranteed income (in real money) as a percentage per transaction. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 71
fauxlaw
@RM

My argument is the same with such names of things created by  low-level perception that results in the "mouse," a device that had its tail coming from the head, and now has no tail at all. Tech just has a poor reputation for meaningful additions to the lexicon.

7 days later

DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
--> @Wylted
read title. I am curious about how you would value a crypto currency to k ow you are getting a fair deal.
I think cryptocurrencies world is wild West, but in my opinion, what makes the most sense is to buy something that has a utility and a chance to get adopted by a large number of people or companies. The truth though is that most crypto assets that we have today won't be here in the next 2-3 years so it's a bit tricky, that is why I'd say that people should invest only money that they afford to lose and hope that they are right. At this stage, it's more like gambling, in my opinion.
SupaDudz
Debates: 30
SupaDudz
Crypto is a get rich quick scheme so you put a little money in and when it gets big you sell to make a profit. There's not a lot of longevity IMO