What is everyone's investing strategy with cryptocurrency

Author: Wylted

Total: 39
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@Wylted
I'm studying computer science right now. When I reach a certain level of proficiency, my plan is not to use a strategy, but to develop my own automated trading algorithm.

Using the 'balance of power' metric (strength of buying and selling pressures), upon the balance of power value exceeding or falling below a certain value, I can determine how the price is likely to fluctuate/buy when it begins to go up, sell when it begins to go down (with a small time grace period). Some calculations by hand have shown that this strategy is likely to work, but I'd obviously run the program as if it was buying or selling before I actually put in any money to see if it works.

I'd also plan to set aside enough money from each transaction to offset the carbon produced by said transaction (which is A LOT. Like, $10-15 worth) by donating it. I think cryptocurrency is stupid as shit, but I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to make money.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
It can also be erased with the push of a button.
The button that destroys the internet as we know it, nothing short of that would stop it.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
What ever you say. 

129 days later

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
Buy the major coins (i.e. bitcoin).  Alt-coins are high-risk.

Buy low, sell high.  Buy down, sell up.  Buy after corrections.  Never FOMO.  

Don't put the majority of your investing into cryptocurrency.  Maybe 10-20% if that, but diversify the rest into other things (i.e. index funds, business, real estate, collectors items, etc).  This way, if crypto booms, you profit, but if it crashes, you don't lose most of your life savings.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Lair77

Don't put the majority of your investing into cryptocurrency.  Maybe 10-20% if that, but diversify the rest into other things (i.e. index funds, business, real estate, collectors items, etc).  This way, if crypto booms, you profit, but if it crashes, you don't lose most of your life savings.
It is always the same. The early bird catches the worm.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Imagin how much a ( Razzor ruble ) would be worth these days. ?

Shila
Shila
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Imagin how much a ( Razzor ruble ) would be worth these days. ?
Stick with bitcoin crypto.

Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
The best strategy with crypto is undoubtedly to by high and dump when low. I've had lots of success.

183 days later

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Lair77

That's very reasonable advice.