Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 229
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
But if scum have a roleblocker, it would make sense that as a counter that town would have a strengthener to counter that. Mechanics 101

Gonna agree with Supa... his claim makes sense. For now Supa stands in my "lean TOWN" pile. 

Still... Supa, what was your justification for being Strengthener?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Greyparrot
Earth gives me bad vibes.

...that's all you've got? Any reads on literally anything else that's happened while you've been AWOL?
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
I think lunatic is basically cleared seeing that he is basically the reason badger was voted off thoough could be big brain move. If i had to vote one person off rn i would choose supadudz.
drlebronski
drlebronski
vtl supa
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
But this pings me more as scummy because at this point badger looks like a lost cause. You explicitly telling people not to hammer looks like a last ditch effort to delay the game til he wakes up and is able to claim so you can use that as an excuse to waffle your vote or unvote entirely. Because none of the "reasons" you listed for scum reading badger sound anything like how his behavior actually was last day phase. 
This is fair, but I think Supa might just default to "pressure until claim" each DP1. In fact I'm pretty sure I've heard him say he doesn't like to lynch DP1 at all before... Can't say for certain on that one though. We'd have to scroll through his tens of thousands of posts.

So anyway, while I think your point is valid I also think the fact Supa has such a reasonable claim helps him out. I'm waiting though to hear what his justification is.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
-->@oromagi
Oh hold up I didn't realize supa is claiming strengthener. 

My role doesn't have an actual specified link between my role but I am assuming it is inferred by my battle, but I didn't quite catch or understand what that was. A history nerd like oro or pie probably would know. But Oromagi I am curious do you see any role link between strengthener and supas character?
Yes.

Hannibal met an army about twice his size with a thin line shaped like a bow curved toward the roman lines, with light infantry and skirmishing celtiberians in the center and infantry on wings- the opposite of a traditional line.  As the huge Roman lines advanced, the bow pulled back to a straight line then back until it is bowed the entire other way- a half circle with infantry  on both ends flanking the romans- a perfect pincher maneuver.  The maneuver took an incredible amount of discipline- backing up a long way without losing cohesion or disengaging- an incredibly strong buy flexible line that then became a circle that devoured a much larger army.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
>@SupaDudz
2x Strengthener. If I target someone in the night, there action goes through no matter what (unless they are killed). Said person is immune to all blocks, redirects, etc.
Did you use the role last night, if so who did you use it on and why?

No harm in letting us know since you've claimed. Kind of odd you didn't say tbh, especially since you already admitted your role was useless due to a dead roleblocker...
He specifically stated that he held back because he only had X2 and didn't know who to strengthen.  He also felt like his role was wasted now that roleblocker was out of the game.

MisterChris
MisterChris
Polygot's claim and role are confirmed. I did move last night. I won't specify what I did.
oromagi
oromagi
(+)oromagi
TOWN
(+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium                     MAGISTRATE
(-)Lunatic              Battle of Watling Street
(+)Polyglot             Battle of Pharsalus            MOTION DETECTOR
(-)Earth                  Battle of Dyrrhachium
(-)MisterChris        Battle of Cynocephalae
(+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius 
 (+)Drlebronski     Battle of Milvian Bridge
(+)Whiteflame        Battle of Zama                    
(+)SupaDudz          Battle of Cannae                STRENGTHENERX2
 SCUM
(+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae                ROLEBLOCKERX2

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@MisterChris
yes.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
Unvote 
oromagi
oromagi
If you handed me this list of battles and asked which battle was most like Carrhae I would say Cannae.

If you handed me this list of battles and asked which battle seemed most out of place I would say Mt Vesuvius followed by Watling Street.  All the rest of these are huge battles that get treatments by major Roman historians.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
I'm waiting though to hear what his justification is.
Did you get a justification for your role?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
yes.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
He specifically stated that he held back because he only had X2 and didn't know who to strengthen.  He also felt like his role was wasted now that roleblocker was out of the game.
He wouldn't have known there was a role blocker until today if he as town though...
Lunatic
Lunatic
Anyone else not have a justification? Or just me? My justification I mean "because of all this you are _____" or something along those lines
Lunatic
Lunatic
by* not my
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
He's saying this after the flip... DP2.

I didn't use my role last night. I needed more information in order to use my role properly because I can only use it a certain amount of times and to use it at NP1 would be silly

I just realized that badger was a Roleblocker. This might render my role useless now

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
He wouldn't have known there was a role blocker until today if he as town though...

he said today, DP2

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
My justification I mean "because of all this you are _____" or something along those lines
I don't have that statement, just a large blurb of context that makes it pretty clear why I am what I am
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
Anyone else not have a justification? Or just me? My justification I mean "because of all this you are _____" or something along those lines

Mine doesn't say because of this but there an effort to connect battle to role- it is kind of stretch but connecting battle descriptions to roles seems like it would be hard to do.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi

Mine doesn't say because of this but there an effort to connect battle to role- it is kind of stretch but connecting battle descriptions to roles seems like it would be hard to do.

Sort of my impression as well
Polyglot
Polyglot

I agree. Honestly not too familiar with the theme to judge how roles are connected to the battle. So kind of just skimmed the whole character description and went straight to the role. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
Oromagi- slight scum- General lack of pursuit of badger until it seemed he was theonly option; He was online and aware of the scummy vote switch when it happened but didn't bring it up til much later. I am hoping he is town here, his character analysis may prove useful here. I particularly am not interested in researching any claims to see if they make sense with characters or trying to decide a theme split. though at this point it probably doesnt even matter since badger never used the fake claim so the remaining scum member(s) still probably have it.
I want to pressure Oromagi also for this reason. In addition by giving such detailed character analysis could be a way to appear town-sided by generally helping the town clear the air of character information. 

VTL Oromagi
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
i didn't vote Wylted because of it, but I was confused because I had a wincon
drlebronski
drlebronski
how many scum are there?
Polyglot
Polyglot
Which battle are you Oro?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I am talking about your response to me. You said "I was progressively scum reading him unlike you, which gut read him" This was kind of a snappy remark considering I led the lynch on the guy. Alsoit dismisses literally eveyr behavioral read I put into him after the initial read, which I told you at the time was only supplemental to his reaction.
I mean it's true though. Snappy sure but you can't argue because you had a gut instinct from the start

Then at the end of the phase you said "Lunatic is more likely town than scum looking at it behaviorally, but do note that Lunatic is also being more "engaged" with longer paragraphs does not write him off as town".

So here you are admitting that the read was behavioral and a significant amount of effort was put in to the badger read, yet the second I ask you a question about something relating to your read on badger you got all snappy. Why is that?
You did not have behavior analysis before I made the post (or when I read the post). I said it because it's true. Longer paragraphs =/= town

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I didn't. I said it somewhere last DP. I essential did not want to waste my role when I don't have the claims of people so I know who I'd protect.
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Tbh my justification is not the best strengthener.

I actively outsmarted the Romans by placing skilled cavalries in front of nobles so they'd run away and fooled the Romans into thinking they had control. Because of my ability to outsmart a stronger Roman army because of my superior tactics, I am a 2x Strengthener.

Not a fan of it, but I get what I get