@Lunatic
Mine is along the lines. The stuff doesn't add up to the actual justification
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Polyglot
Which battle are you Oro?
 Finally somebody asks.  I spend all day collecting everybody else's battles and nobody thinks to ask me for mine.  Which makes me think nobody sincerely suspects me of being scum.

I am the Battle of Alesia- the climactic battle of Caesar's legions over the Gauls.

I soft claimed this in DP1 post #15

OVEREXCITING+E is an anagram for VERCINGETORIX, the famous leader of the Gauls
who has one of the most awesome military statues ever

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I said the reason, but I'm not going to use a limiter role when no one has claimed a role yet. 

Even so, balance wise, A 2x Strengthener makes sense with a 2x Roleblocker. You need one to counter the other
Vader
Vader
I'd agree with Lunatic's analysis on Oromagi, but I also have to look at what he's doing for town. He's been the most active overall and tries to crack the theme of this game. I really don't see this much effort from Oromagi as scum unless he changed his meta. 
oromagi
oromagi
(+)oromagi           Battle of Alesia
TOWN
(+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium                     MAGISTRATE
(-)Lunatic              Battle of Watling Street
(+)Polyglot             Battle of Pharsalus            MOTION DETECTOR
(-)Earth                  Battle of Dyrrhachium
(-)MisterChris        Battle of Cynocephalae
(+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius 
 (+)Drlebronski     Battle of Milvian Bridge
(+)Whiteflame        Battle of Zama                    
(+)SupaDudz          Battle of Cannae                STRENGTHENERX2
 SCUM
(+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae                ROLEBLOCKERX2

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
hmmm... Supa's justification isn't so good... 
Vader
Vader
I find it weird how whiteflame had me as a lean town but was very quick to vote me out of the blue
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Nothing I can do. Don't feel like doing the research about the battle and I really didn't get the impression that my battle was a Strengthener, but it seems like what Lunatic is saying alligns with what my justification is. Pie has never been a good justification maker tbh
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
I think the fake claim may have already been used. Logically Badger would have used the fake claim after realizing he was about to be voted out but he never did that could be an indicator that the fake claim has already been used meaning it would be someone who claimed before badger was voted out. I could be being an idiot rn though and theres the chance the other scum told him not to use it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
 However that ate game read on badger was EXTREMELY contrived and actually makes little sense.
I don't know what you want me to do about something being contrived? I can't just swear up a storm. Ahh scummy as fuck go fuck yourself fuck that. This is how I play the game and have been playing yet you never pointed this out

My read on badger was because of his derealing of posts to steer off topic, hesistation to claim, and jumping back and forth on who to lynch, all of which he did.

It seems like he hadn't read a single thing that occured in the day phase yet is acting as if he had.
That combined with telling town not to hammer until a claim happened seemed like he was wanting to wait for badger to get back on and come out with some game saving claim that he could use it an an excuse to derail the lynch into a no lynch.
I didn't check how much time we had left, but rushing to lynches is stupid and I think is a bad idea and that's what I said. You can read multiple games where I said the same thing as town. Stop acting like I was derailing the train when I hopped on it lol

drlebronski
drlebronski
unvote
Vader
Vader
-->
@drlebronski
You'd be right, but the only person who claimed before Badger is Greyparrot, who is role confirmed because he magistrated you.
Vader
Vader
1. Drlebronski
2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
4. Oromagi
5. Greyparrot
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
8. SupaDudz
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

Eliminating all confirmed town

1. Drlebronski
2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
4. Oromagi
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

I think drleb is town. He's nooby and thinking as a noob town. He asks question that seem nooby as well

2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
4. Oromagi
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

oromagi has done too much activity to be scum. He looks for theme analysis (town oro thing to do), sticks with his initial reads, and is aggressive about roles. He's slight town but again haven't seen oromagi play in a while so my metas might be rusty

2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

Wylted seems too far off in his own element to care that much about the game, it could be scum but it's also townie as hell from Wylted

2. Whiteflame 
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

These 5 i consider to be potential scum. Gonna remove all neutrals, which is Poly, Luna, and Earth

By default it leaves me co-mods, White and Chris left. These are not confirmed and I also do think Chris is behaviorally town ATM, so for me, I think whiteflame is my best option. I'll look more into it but it struck me odd that he went from lean town to then deciding to vote me when he had other people prevailing. I don't know his scum style or whether or not he busses, but he seems to hop on the trendy lynch at the moment and stick with it while going AWOL

Vtl whiteflame

Gonna put pressure first on whiteflame

oromagi
oromagi
If Badger had a fake claim or role I don't think he would have refused to use it in his defense.  If Supa is scum, Cannae would not be a great fake character because it is the only other major defeat on the list.  STRENGTHENER would also not be a great fake role because its just as likely scum as town.  I also don't think mafia would pass up on an opportunity for either.
Vader
Vader
Gonna be on my phone chilling so I'm calling it a night. Gonna try to read more in the morning but these are base reads
drlebronski
drlebronski
bro how do u guys do these super bigbrain gigachad reads

oromagi
oromagi
Chris and WF have definitely been hanging back a bit and waited a long time to claim battles, but they are also 2 and 3 on badger's train, which I can't see scum doing.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drlebronski
yeah and then we flip the guy and find out we killed the cop.  Our analysis to success ratio is not as impressive as our labors might suggest.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Chris and WF have definitely been hanging back a bit and waited a long time to claim battles, but they are also 2 and 3 on badger's train, which I can't see scum doing.
Mafia have a free fake claim that wasn't used, I don't see why they'd have an incentive to hide their battles.
oromagi
oromagi
SCUM SUPA

• Ignored by Badger
  • L-1'd Badger
  • Absent for most of DP1
  • Most Carrhae-like battle claim
  • Very hard to test claim
    • Justification weak
  • Claims no action in NP1 without prompting
  • POST#8 I say YwwwT(You win with the Town- my wincon), 3hrs later Supa asks 'wdym'  Now I've said a couple different things but because of intialism, I think he is replying to POST#8 so I ask play it cagey.  More hours later he say he wondered what I meant by "drafterman's role list is locked" although I don't think that was unclear.  I can't help but wonder if he was interrogated my wincon and then figured it out later, then made sure I knew he knew wincon by overemphasizing Wyted's flub.
TOWN SUPA

• Full claimed quick, doesn't look like mod-gift claim
  • TUF says STRENGTHENER matches something in his claim

oromagi
oromagi
VTL Whiteflame and then done for the night probably also doesn't help Supa.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
    • TUF says STRENGTHENER matches something in his claim
    ???
    oromagi
    oromagi

???

@oromagi
    Oh hold up I didn't realize supa is claiming strengthener. 

My role doesn't have an actual specified link between my role but I am assuming it is inferred by my battle, but I didn't quite catch or understand what that was. A history nerd like oro or pie probably would know. But Oromagi I am curious do you see any role link between strengthener and supas character?

Lunatic
    Lunatic
    Lol I'm confused still
    Earth
    Debates: 4
    Earth
    Now everyone has claimed.  There's probably more than a few battles that seem unimportant, but there is probably some obscure link between town. I am more interested in justification imo among the fully claimed.
    whiteflame
    Debates: 27
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Vader
    It's pretty baffling how you came down on MC and me as the two most likely scum in this game. At best, you have minor behavioral issues that you seem fixated on while ignoring the way that this game has played out. Setting aside the fact that I have absolutely no history of bussing (feel free to check back), we were both on the lynch super early and could have hopped off at any point to hobble the lynch. As it was, the lynch barely went through and, as Luna already pointed out, probably wouldn't have happened if Badger had been given a chance to claim. You, in particular, seemed more focused on getting the claim than addressing the clear behavioral tells that Badger was exhibiting, many of which pointed to him being scum. As someone who regularly says he will not lynch during DP1 and often seeks claims with his votes, I can usually sympathize when others follow that basic pattern, but when Badger was actively refusing to claim and saying that he'd rather be lynched and even threatening to leave the game due to pressure, sticking to your normal DP1 meta doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I have actually been rather consistent this game with my choices of targets. Badger was my only vote during DP1 and I stayed on him. During this DP, I started with Poly, got a partial claim (not all I wanted, but we got the rest later) and shifted over to you after a convincing rundown of aspects of your play that stand out from Luna, who I would consider about as town-confirmed as anyone in this game. I had noticed some issues prior to that, hence you were in the town-lean pile rather than the hard town pile, even if I had thought you were behaviorally consistent with your town performance in previous games.

Honestly, though, it's this rundown that you've given here that has me the most suspicious. For someone who was so willing to set aside behavioral issues for a claim in DP1, you're really focused on some strange behavioral tells this DP and not at all on others. I understand that you and several others are willing to set aside Drlebronski as an option on the basis that his behavior is noobie, but for someone who was calling out me supposedly hopping on the trendy lynch (I'll note that I was third on the lynch for Badger and second for you, hardly what I would call trendy in either case), it's strange to immediately dismiss someone who has hopped on and off several lynches over the course of this game. The same holds true for Wylted who also jumped around quite a bit with his votes, and your explanation for why you doesn't consider Wylted a concern ("Wylted seems too far off in his own element to care much about the game") doesn't seem at all accurate to Wylted's play in DP1. I'm also not sure why you're dismissing all the "neutrals" and somehow leaving Luna, who actively led the lynch against Badger, in that pile. Earth and Poly may not have contributed much to this game, but it's not like there's nothing you could say about them at this point. Generally, this reads as an effort to throw suspicion onto MC and me with little basis in what's actually happened.

Meanwhile, while the 2X Strengthener claim may be real, but it also just works pretty well as a safe claim (unverifiable, especially without the RB in play) at this point since it's unlikely anyone else would have it and it does look like a solid counter to the 2X RB. But it also just seems like an odd role claim to accompany Cannae. The other claims make more sense to me. In the case of Actium and Phrarsalus, I can find bases for the Magistrate and Motion Detector roles, even if they're a little vague. I can understand the RB role for Carrhae as well, but largely from the perspective of the Parthian Empire in that conflict. The Strengthener role better fits Carthage in Cannae than it does the Romans, which sets it more in line with Carrhae than any of the other claims we have so far, and that's not to mention that it's the only other major defeat of the Romans that exists among any of our claims. Maybe I'm wrong about the split in this game being major Roman defeats (as opposed to internal conflicts and Roman victories), but even if I am, your claim is an obvious outlier among the ones we currently have. Couple that with the behavioral tells Luna's pointed out and it's honestly hard to find anyone else who stands out as much as you do.
    whiteflame
    Debates: 27
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Lunatic
    Anyone else not have a justification? Or just me? My justification I mean "because of all this you are _____" or something along those lines
    Yeah, my justification is not exactly detailed, either. After a description of the battle, it just says "You are ______" without much, if any, reasoning behind the role itself.
    oromagi
    oromagi

(+)oromagi           Battle of Alesia
    TOWN
    (+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium                     MAGISTRATE
    (-)Lunatic              Battle of Watling Street
    (+)Polyglot             Battle of Pharsalus            MOTION DETECTOR
    (-)Earth                  Battle of Dyrrhachium
    (-)MisterChris        Battle of Cynocephalae
    (+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius 
     (+)Drlebronski     Battle of Milvian Bridge
    (+)Whiteflame        Battle of Zama                    
    (+)SupaDudz          Battle of Cannae                STRENGTHENERX2
     SCUM
    (+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae                ROLEBLOCKERX2

VOTE COUNT:

Supa (4/6)-   TUF, Whiteflame, Oro, DrLeb
    Oro (1/6)- Poly
    Earth (1/6)- GP

oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @Earth
    @Wylted
    @Vader
    @MisterChris
    NOT VOTING:  Earth, MisterChris, Wylted, Supa

oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @Earth
    Now everyone has claimed.  There's probably more than a few battles that seem unimportant, but there is probably some obscure link between town. I am more interested in justification imo among the fully claimed.
    I don't think the link is all that obscure.  Of the ten battles listed Romans only lost one- Cannae.

5 are civil war battles with Roman winners and losers on both sides, 4 are Roman victories over foreign powers.