---Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DS9) Mafia: DP1---

Author: bsh1

Total: 770
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@Aporia
I was merely saying that (as warren suggested), we assume that parrot is scum then what makes more sense: that he voted with Wyl because Wyl is his teammate or that he voted with him just to start a wagon. 

I said I find the former more likely (from scum perspective) because if he was just voting opportunistically he would have voted against you in his first post since mine was the only vote at the time. He didnt say he disagreed with my reasoning until his second post when he voted against me.

We were talking about my light suspicion regarding Parrot's initial vote on me. I feel like in yer response you were talking about Wyl's vote change from me to you.

This actually makes sense, thanks for clarifying all the posts I skimmed about this subject. 

no I'm not riding your dick
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
from last 2 games I played with him...something is off.
...what is off?

Also who did you sus again? Budda right?

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Aporia
 Dont talk shit about Hashirama.
who lol
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
I have to go to work soon, but i'll promise to follow up.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Aporia
Idk why u voted Budda in first place
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
pls do
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
What can anyone tell me about Argent, DPR, and McSloth?
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Vaarka
From Naruto lol. Its my prof pic.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
What if I expected to get some easy townreads out of it? 

So what if it was a reaction test, like you are claiming, and you were  trying to get town reads out of it? 

Why am i town reading you for acting town? Interesting question...

I feel like there's little to no risk involved. I don't think it's alignment indicative personally.

Faking posts isnt indicative of affiliation... and it's not risky... okay bud.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Aporia
I am not a newb. Can you link me to why you voted Budda off a claim on the first post
Vader
Vader
Because this is a starter role to get flowing, yet your reason for voting is apparently it has been a while and your IIRC is changed, yet you still try to push him. Yes you unvoted him, but you still suspect him.

I think Aporia is scum until he responds. I think Budda is in partner in crime. A first vote VTL never does much and doesn't progress to some extent. So a bus on him to unvote, yet still susp him is very odd fmpov.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@warren42
I'm still waiting to see how this test actually got a reaction that would indicate affiliation...

all you've done is illustrate that you've done this as mafia before to gain people tr'ing you... not how this illicits reactions from players you can accurately gauge affiliation from.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Vader
I explained and debated my reasoning already. Read my posts if you havent already figured it out. Also how can we both be scum if, as you say, I still suspect him (even though i mentioned at least three times that I townread him)?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Buddamoose
"experienced players are far less
llikely to discern their affiliation if pressured then inexperienced players" 
and 

"Being experienced doesn't mean one CANT behave in a manner indicative of affiliation" 

are not mutually exclusive as it appears you think they are. Both points can be true, because one is talking about degree of likelihood, and one is referencing solely whether or not it can happen at all. 

I agree with Aporia here. A newb like I was back in the day felt very pressured and forced claimed in some scenarios. I feel going after an experienced player would be more beneficial. Killing the newb when he has no idea what he is doing does not only make the experience player look scummy, but it also disheartens them and makes the game weak af
Vader
Vader
-->
@Aporia
I'm fucking behind then. Ill try to catch up but all I heard from the posts were that you disagreed on newb sniping and you had a viable reason to vote based off that and then unvoted him and said, this is not the right thing but I still scum read you 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Aporia
His vote was lazy and contradictory. In one post he wonders why you havent claimed yet but precedes to lay pressure on me immediately thereafter. His play isnt beneficial in any way but I've never played with him so I dont know exactly what to make of it. He seems new so his anti-town play is mostly a null from me.

Omg I never asked you to claim. I am sometimes stupid but I am not an idiot all the time. I asked for your reasoning on why you voted Budda and decided to unvote him yet still see him as susp

Vader
Vader
-->
@Aporia
Listen Albert Einstein just because I'm at school and haven't played for a solid minute doesn't mean I'm automatically a newb. All I am saying is that I want to know why ur vote was on Budda, not some bullshit that "oh I haven't played in 2 years I wan't to see how his playstyle" is not a good 

warren42
warren42
Buddha I’ve said a few times that I thought the way you reacted to it was pretty town because if you were mafia you’d be less willing to give out such a quick town read. You’d want to keep as many musky chess as possible on the board.

The problem I have is that I don’t understand why you think I’m town for pulling the gambit, especially now that I’ve shown I’ve done something similar as mafia.
warren42
warren42
Vaarka’s reaction was mildly concerning because of the fact he only called out the fake enthusiasm part, when he should know that the entire thing was fabricated.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Vader
You never asked for reasoning when you voted for me. Post 38 you ask where Budda's claim is and post 39 you randomly vote for me instead. Those are the posts I was describing in the above quote. If yer not actually a newb as you claim than yer my strongest scum read atm.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@warren42
Im more concerned w the fact that yer only example of using the gambit was as scum. In that case Ill move you to soft town. But yuh Ive been concerned that a few of Vaarkas posts feel contrived.
Aporia
Aporia
Vtl Supa for character claim 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vader
 I feel going after an experienced player would be more beneficial.
Because?

Killing the newb when he has no idea what he is doing does not only make the experience player look scummy
First off, RVS'ing the noob players is not to kill. Its to pressure, and that's the point, noobs don't know what they're doing. Initially targeting players that by virtue of being noobs will more often expose their affiliation, is playing to win the game. To win as town you need to lynch scum, to lynch scum you need to gauge the affiliation of involved players. This can only be done by producing activity and content. To produce this you pressure players. The point of RVS is to produce behavior that is indicative of affiliation as quickly as possible, to get out of RVS. 

So to you, the most beneficial path to winning the game, the best path out of RVS, would be to target players whose affiliations will generally be more difficult to gauge? 

Because nothing advances a game past RVS quite like tentative town reads and null reads. 
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Buddamoose
Will you vtl Supa for a CC?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@warren42
Buddha I’ve said a few times that I thought the way you reacted to it was pretty town because
Uhhhhhh, that wasnt how i reacted to it hoss. I clearly was suspicious of you, but was focused on why Aporia was not jumping on you given they knew the post was entirely contrived.

Maybe I should have put a /s at the end of "how clever, not bad at all" but i figured it was obvious given i had just established previously that your behavior if contrived was scummy...

You’d want to keep as many musky chess as possible on the board.
if you were mafia you’d be less willing to give out such a quick town read.

But this presupposes what you did was clearly towny, when you illustrated you know it's not, because you've done so as scum. So upon what basis are you holding that TR'ing you = town and not TR'ing you = scum.

I get the feeling you didn't quite think this "reaction test" through...

ArgentTongue
ArgentTongue
-->
@Buddamoose
@Vader
@Aporia
I cast VTL for Aporia

In my opinion, Aporia seems very quick to cast scrutiny, especially at Budda right off the bat. Why would Aporia immediately attack Budda? This could only be out of concern, which means Budda is an unknown factor to Aporia. This by default means they cannot be of the same interests and therefore cannot be on the same team. I also think that being quick to cast scrutiny is a rather chaotic move, and it is counter-intuitive if you are trying to win as town. And seeing that the majority of players in the game are town, it would stand to reason that being shotty with accusations will get another towny lynched. Now, if you are scum, sowing chaos means you can attempt to get town players to lynch other town players. Its more beneficial as mafia to be unpredictable than it is as town. 
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@ArgentTongue
Are you caught up?
ArgentTongue
ArgentTongue
-->
@Aporia
Most likely not, to be honest. 

Although, as far as I can see, some of what I have mentioned was already a sentiment put out by Budda.

Aporia
Aporia
-->
@ArgentTongue
How experienced are you in mafia? Have you gone through a beginners game?
ArgentTongue
ArgentTongue
-->
@Aporia
Not very. 

And no, this is my first match. Most of what I wrote was based off of intuition and what I could grasp from the rules.