Total: 238
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@secularmerlin
@3RU7AL
@ebuc
i noticed this debate has been pivoted from systemic racism to affirmative action and random crt things
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@FLRW
lol
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drlebronski
i noticed this debate has been pivoted from systemic racism to affirmative action and random crt things
Good point. Perhaps fruit inspector will be good enough to stop moving the goal post but that is not something I expect from anyone taking up the stance that racism is a thing of the past well and truly behind us and that we can simply ignore the subsequent inequalities. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@drlebronski
Well, the advocates of panic seem to believe that the "problem" with crit-ra-theo is that it will lead to the super-scary waking nightmare of af-act.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@drlebronski

Calling me a ' pivot ' is fighting words were I come from..... You ' spindle ' you.  ;--)

drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@ebuc
???
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@drlebronski
???

Pivoted > pivot > spindle is catagory of a pivot point, things spin { a spindle } around a pivot point. Oh well I tried to be funny and failed.

Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
I have no opinion of "Marxism".

How afraid should I be and why ?
Because Marxism is the philosophy that will lead to total government control. If you value freedom, you should reject Marxist philosophies, of which CRT is one. If you want government bureaucrats to be in charge of determining what human rights you deserve, then allow CRT to continue unhindered. Its up to you.

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@secularmerlin
Critical race theory (a college elective course)
CRT is not a college elective course.

This has nothing to do with their worth as people and to suggest otherwise muddies the waters of thos discussion.
I understand these videos are selectively edited, but these are the types of presumptions that are perpetuated by CRT. And these is not erroneous conclusions the people in the video are coming to based on CRT arguments. The presumptions they make are based on what CRT advocates claim are the inevitable outcomes of black people (poor, unintelligent, etc.).

This is incorrect. Implicit racism can be seen and pointed out just as explicit racism despite racists not being explicit in order to avoid the social and political backlash.
Implicit racism - or unintentional intentional racism - is basically an unfalsifiable accusation. It is an accusation against motivations in which you are guilty until proven innocent.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@secularmerlin
Good point. Perhaps fruit inspector will be good enough to stop moving the goal post but that is not something I expect from anyone taking up the stance that racism is a thing of the past well and truly behind us and that we can simply ignore the subsequent inequalities.
What goalpost? Who set this goalpost? And how have I moved said goalpost? Did you set it? I don't remember setting a goalpost.

But how is discussing Affirmative Action (explicit systemic racism) not relevant to a discussion about systemic racism?

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
Are all white people guilty in some way of perpetuating white supremacy and systemic racism?

Are all black people victims in some way of systemic racism perpetuated by white people?

Should we be examining our society to identify disparities between racial groups which are evidence of systemic racism?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
I have no opinion of "Marxism".

How afraid should I be and why ?
Because Marxism is the philosophy that will lead to total government control. If you value freedom, you should reject Marxist philosophies, of which CRT is one. If you want government bureaucrats to be in charge of determining what human rights you deserve, then allow CRT to continue unhindered. Its up to you.
What philosophy will lead to NOT total-government-control ?

What's that one called ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
This is incorrect. Implicit racism can be seen and pointed out just as explicit racism despite racists not being explicit in order to avoid the social and political backlash.
Implicit racism - or unintentional intentional racism - is basically an unfalsifiable accusation. It is an accusation against motivations in which you are guilty until proven innocent.

(IFF) it is nearly impossible to find someone without skin-tone bias in neural response to pain (THEN) it would seem fair to say that TRIBALISM is a fact
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Are all white people guilty in some way of perpetuating white supremacy and systemic racism?
Certainly not.

Are all black people victims in some way of systemic racism perpetuated by white people?
Certainly not.

Should we be examining our society to identify disparities between racial groups which are evidence of systemic racism?
We should be examining our society to figure out how we can make jeffbezos and billgates and elonmusk richer and more powerful.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
What philosophy will lead to NOT total-government-control ?

What's that one called ?
Not-Marxism?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@drlebronski
pretty much but i do get why he would make that distinction
Do you think the disparity between penalties for powder-cocaine and crack-cocaine are evidence of systemic-racism™ ?

CIA OPERATIVE EXPLAINS HOW YOUR GOVERNMENT SUPPLIES CRACK COCAINE TO DRUG DEALERS

“Crack: Cocaine, Corruption & Conspiracy,” the latest doc from filmmaker Stanley Nelson, explores how crack cocaine—and the government—inflicted untold damage on Black America.
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@3RU7AL
thanks!
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
What philosophy will lead to NOT total-government-control ?

What's that one called ?
Not-Marxism?
i hope you realize that adolphhitler was staunchly anti-marxist.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
i hope you realize that adolphhitler was staunchly anti-marxist.
I hope you realize that was a tongue in cheek comment and not meant to be taken as a technical term. But it still doesn't change what I previously said.

Marxism is the philosophy that will lead to total government control. If you value freedom, you should reject Marxist philosophies, of which CRT is one. If you want government bureaucrats to be in charge of determining what human rights you deserve, then allow CRT to continue unhindered. Its up to you.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
If you want government bureaucrats to be in charge of determining what human rights you deserve,
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE NOW.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
If you want government bureaucrats to be in charge of determining what human rights you deserve,
Not quite. The politicians who think they have the right to rule as totalitarians still have the Constitution to keep them in check. But even that can only last so long when people have no desire for freedom. Just give them their iphone and a bag of Cheetos and they'll let the government bureaucrats do whatever they want.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
The politicians who think they have the right to rule as totalitarians still have the Constitution to keep them in check.
THEY OWN THE SUPREME COURT (WHICH ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT RESPECT ANY DOCUMENT).
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
But isn't the Constitution itself part of the system of white supremacy? It was written by white men for white men. Why should they respect it?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
But isn't the Constitution itself part of the system of white supremacy? It was written by white men for white men. Why should they respect it?
That's a completely different conversation (which I'm more than happy to engage in).

The critical point here is that the SUPREME COURT has ZERO respect for any and all documents.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
That's a completely different conversation (which I'm more than happy to engage in).
No it's not.  The thread is titled, "The many debates on systemic racism in America are flawed." Here was my comment:
Why should the Supreme Court respect a racist document that is part of the system of white supremacy? Are you a white supremacists?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Why should the Supreme Court respect a racist document that is part of the system of white supremacy? Are you a white supremacists?
THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE SUPREME COURT IS TO RULE ON THE CONSTITUTIONALITY OF LAWS SPEWED FORTH FROM CONGRESS
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
IS THE CONSTITUTION PART OF THE SYSTEM OF WHITE SUPREMACY?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
PERHAPS A CASE CAN BE MADE FOR THAT, BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUNCTION OF THE SUPREME COURT
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Not quite.
WAKE THE FUCK UP.

When Jerry Hartfield walked out of the Hutchins State Jail in Dallas on Monday into the sunlight and the arms of his family, he became one of the most unlikely prisoners ever to be freed early in Texas. He wasn’t exonerated or released on parole. He wasn’t pardoned by the governor. No one else has confessed to the murder for which he was convicted in 1977. No DNA cleared him. No witness recanted. No celebrities pleaded his cause.

Hartfield was freed from prison because Texas finally gave up trying to find a valid reason to keep him there. He had waited 35 years between trials without a conviction, a prisoner simply forgotten for decades in the state’s massive justice system. [**]
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
PERHAPS A CASE CAN BE MADE FOR THAT, BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUNCTION OF THE SUPREME COURT
WHAT DOES THE FUNCTION OF THE SUPREME COURT HAVE TO DO WITH A THREAD ABOUT SYSTEMIC RACISM?