ARE HUMANS UNDECIPHERABLE ENIGMAS OR PROGRAMMABLE BLACK BOXES?

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 61
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
INTJ

134 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
By the way it was said the Irish are indecipherable, They cant be psychoanalyzed. If true it explains me. I am impervious to indoctrination and emotional pleas. I follow the money to the truth and it is always there. This has shattered many of my once held social and political beliefs. Skepticism and indifference are my core Ideologies now. The truth just doesn't matter anymore. Feelings and emotions rule everything.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Skepticism and indifference are my core Ideologies now.
ISTP
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
ISTP  What ever that means? Am I being labeled with some dumb ass political label?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
you labeled yourself
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

ISTP is one of the 16 personality types identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
I think whatever and where ever  this is describes my views best  >>>> https://www.facebook.com/BuiltFordTuffWithOutYourTaxDollars/photos/a.420765604677022/5211915898895278/
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
everybody loves guns you knucklehead
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@janesix
(1) do you think a person should get their sense of self-worth from within themselves or from what other people think of them?
>>> of course within, but who ever manages THAT really?

Both need consideration.

(2) do you prefer to be spontaneous and go out and travel and do things "IRL" or do you prefer to think about doing things and lose yourself in movies and television shows and books ?
Both

(3) do you think people should generally trust their gut or do you think people should generally think things through ??
>>>> gut first, think later.
Both and circumstances and we all make mistakes.  Generally not thinking through our decisions is less than ideal.

(4) do you think people should follow a strict core code of laws or principles no matter what, or do you think that people should follow different rules in different situations ??
There exist cosmic principles and laws that cannot be violated, so humans have to follow those strict principles and laws.

All humans principles-laws should be considered and reconsidered on regular basis i.e. regular reviews of those principles should be one of the prinicples/laws.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
ISTP
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
great point
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
.." ISTPs"... are often free-spirits who focus very much on living in the present moment.....

As are humans

They rarely experience a doubt of their own identity, since they are comfortable reevaluating this from time to time.
This reads like astrology

ISTPs live in the moment and are open to changes,
Change is inevitable to all humans, ' get over it ' is easier said than done for some.

and are often willing to change their own beliefs or desires as time goes on.
All humans do this, for the most part

They don’t need to have firm identifiers in order to know who they are, they simply need to focus on what they want and what excites them.
Most are excited by the basics of food, shelter, sex, etc when their short on them.   Beyond those humans get excited by something they purchased or given to them that they find interesting or needed.

Psychiatry  {mental state diagonosis } is all about the ability to predict what humans will do in various set of circumstances.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
ISTP characteristics don't match me at all

the fact that you think "everyone" matches ISTP is a very good indication that you are one
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
Generalities are not much differrent than astrology.

If astrology gets a 0.00000000001 value rating out of 10, then the personality characteristics get a 0.01 out of 10

49 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
ARE HUMANS UNDECIPHERABLE ENIGMAS OR PROGRAMMABLE BLACK BOXES?
In both, we are completely unpredictable and incalculable to the average other person but in the black box scenario, once the contents and coding of us is revealed, we are decipherable to the hacker/agents in on the secret.

I would say most humans are closer to the latter but certain humans such as myself are in between, meaning we do not respond to peer prwssyre and subliminal messaging etc quite as the majority of neurotypical humans would.

So all of us are eventually decipherable but the answer is most are just decipherable... 'black boxes' (it isn't as secretive as that even).
do you believe that people tend to adopt general strategies to deal with challenges they encounter ??
Depending what 'general' means maybe but I would say only 18% at most actively do this. The vast majority are metaphorically sleepwalking on autopilot for most of their life.
do you believe these strategies are identifiable ??
Physiological and straightforward ones are, yes. However the strategy that a con artist uses to handle an undercover cop in the heat of a moment will be a very unidentifiable one if it's sophisticated (and vice versa though more identifiable). I am kind of confused because is bringing an umbrella/raincoat when one predicts rain considered a 'general strategy' or just 'basic knowledge'? To me, it is the latter but if it is a strategy, then it is certainly identifiable.

(1) do you think a person should get their sense of self-worth from within themselves or from what other people think of them?
We cannot ever fully know what more than 1 or 2 others think of us (even then we never truly know). We can only know how they react to and interact with us, as well as sometimes learning what they tell others about us behind our backs.

Therefore, the answer is complex because the latter is ruled out but the former is not at all the full picture.

I think a severe schizophrenic person gets their self-worth entirely internally as in 100%. Then from there, you get the severely introverted and/or autistic as well as the less schizophrenic. They get it 85% within but already external things surely matter.

The external things go beyond what others think of them since if I think you're great but constantly invade your personal space and irritate you, you will feelore insecure around me than if I thought you're a mediocre borderline loser but interact with you pleasantly and fake-friendly on a consistent basis. EQ matters a lot in this and those with low EQ can hurt the self esteem of people they think highly of while high EQ people can raise the self esteem of people they think very poorly of. I do mot understand this question's dichotomy as it is not only about opinion but respectful, friendly treatment.

A vet does not have to significantly admire the cat they work with to respect its boundaries and deal with it fantastically, the same goes for high EQ humans and those they personally do not truly admire but simply respect the boundaries of.

Imagine a stalker fan and their idol. The fan thinks so highly of the idol but makes them eventually feel violated and really insecure.
(2) do you prefer to be spontaneous and go out and travel and do things "IRL" or do you prefer to think about doing things and lose yourself in movies and television shows and books ?
Both... totally depends on who I am with and what weirdness/awkwardness I can get away with. Am I goofing off and just going with the flow or am I getting a job done?
(3) do you think people should generally trust their gut or do you think people should generally think things through ??
Definitely the latter should be the go-to but there are times in life where your subconscious vibe does hint at you how much or how little you will genuinely enjoy somebody or an activity. Listen to it then. 

Gut instinct matters in times of emotional distress purely because following it automatically is less stressful for the mind. Be careful, don't be a sucker, keep your guard up and do think more than you follow your gut.
(4) do you think people should follow a strict core code of laws or principles no matter what, or do you think that people should follow different rules in different situations ??
The law is the law but beyond that my answer is fluid and thus neither.

Follow a strict self-developed code that has within it, got parts to tweak to context and circumstance.

There's a different correct response to seeing a rape happen without cops nearby and seeing it happen with not only cops doing it but none nearby to help. Be sneakier and very streetsmart in how you film and get help in the latter scenario. Evidence will be everything, whereas in the former instinctively running to the cops would suffice.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
ESTJ
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Shut up with your bullshit LMAO this is not a jung personality test.

I am introverted and extremely N over S, you don't even know me.

I am also more P than J
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
an N over S would never say they equally enjoy travel and imagination

an I over E would always say one's self-image takes precedence over the opinions of others

nearly every single thing you write is J over P
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't need to justify things to you, armchair psychologist.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
A proper J wouldn't even use this website or have my insight. nor would an S.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
an I over E would always say one's self-image takes precedence over the opinions of others
Lol. I actually know extremely extroverted people who are so self-assured it's scary and stupid. I equally know really insecure I's who value other's opinons alot.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
I actually know extremely extroverted people who are so self-assured it's scary and stupid. I equally know really insecure I's who value other's opinons alot.
an insecure (apparent) "introvert" is a failed extrovert - - this is someone who thinks they need positive social reinforcement, but does not receive (what they consider adequate) positive reinforcement

an overconfident extrovert is (EITHER) someone who receives enough social reinforcement to satisfy their sense of self-worth (OR) someone who has adopted a strategy of apparent over-confidence because it tends to result in bluffing out most social competitors
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
You are thinking only in extremes.

An extreme 100% introvert vs a 100% extrovert follow your stereotypical thinking and value-sourcing.

I am not extremely introverted, I agree with you that I have extraversion within me. Look at me on this website, I regularly interact with others. That said, I need my alone time to recharge and enjoy thinking and relaxing completely on my own. I am a diagnosed aspergers/autistic guy who genuinely thrives working solo but can indeed adapt to teamwork with relative ease.

I know what I am and know I will be an INTP to the day I die (or don't, if somehow I become immortal) whether you believe I am a fellow INTP or not. You are running into this head-first, confirmation-bias-blinkered. If anybody falls outside of what you categorise them as vs what they say they believe, regarding your questions, you instantly tell them they are wrong instead of that your theory may be wrong as it has ignored ranges and variance of the categories in myers briggs and Jung personality typology.

I also put a lot of effort into my reply to your original post and your only reply or further discussion was 'ESTJ' which is a rather S over N response, depth-wise wouldn't you say?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
If anybody falls outside of what you categorise them as vs what they say they believe,
it's a simple matter of definitions

your personal definitions of "introvert" and "extravert" seem to be somewhat different than my own

the implicit belief that words only have "one true and correct meaning" is a typical SJ characteristic

i am always very glad to find someone who self-identifies as INTP

nobody "owes" me a response, no matter how much "effort" i may or may not have made
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman

extravert - being concerned with the social and physical environment extraverted , extravertive , extrovert , extrovertive , extroverted extraversive , extroversive - directed outward; marked by interest in others or concerned with external reality
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
well done buddy, you looked at a dictionary and understand people.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
well done buddy, you looked at a dictionary and understand people.
the dictionary contradicts your previous assertions
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Real life contradicts the dictionaries as does expert psychological analysis of variation in each myers brigg personality category.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
Real life contradicts the dictionaries as does expert psychological analysis of variation in each myers brigg personality category.
citation pleez
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
It exists outside your armchair psychologist dictionary. Meet people, get to know them.