destitution mafia DP1

Author: Wylted

Total: 187
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I’m targeting Chris tonight. There’s no better alternative at the moment unless you want to punish Supa. I suggest we all shoot Chris tonight.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
In regards to "Chris's reactions to pressure is scummy", I started that whole thing, so not going to dis-agree with you there. Also I feel like you are morphing your original argument a bit towards his defense when originally you dropped your vote on him it was solely for the tracker "parralel". It seems like you are doing this in a clever manipulative sort of way to double down on chris as well as to make it look like you were putting more effort into the game then you actually were at the time, as a post-justification. You didn't mention the stuff about chris's reaction to pressure until just now, after I have made that a pretty big point with him...

Idk I guess I am just noticing a difference between your town play here and in the last game, and you seem generally less than enthusiastic.
Everyone is the same role at least base don’t what everyone has said. It’s pretty much just a vanilla game
Everyone having the same role doesn't mean it's a vanilla game though. This basically gives you the power to decide a lynch at night as well, theres a lot more choice and responsibility with this concept. If you think about it, since wylted is literally going to be telling us when death proofs are used, we can force all players to out there vig targets each day as a new form of building suspicions. We can sus out why someone vigged so and so, and if we don't buy there reasons its something to FOS them for. And we can pretty much determine the mafia night kill targets by forcing this information out, which gives us town confirmation. I think the longer the game goes on, you will see how OP this set up actually is for town if we use the information correctly. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@Discipulus_Didicit
@MisterChris
@Polyglot
@everyone please make it known who your vig target tonight is before the end of the phase so I can update this list. 

Promised Vig kill tonight

Pie -Vigging Chris
Whiteflame
Disc
Earth
Mr. chris
Poly
Supa
Lunatic- Vigging Pie or chris, will decide before time expires

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
last to tag
Lunatic
Lunatic
According to wylted's earlier comment we have roughly 4 hours left in the phase. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'll Vig Chris
Lunatic
Lunatic

Pie -Vigging Chris
Whiteflame
Disc
Earth- Vigging Chris
Mr. chris
Poly
Supa
Lunatic- Vigging Pie or chris, will decide before time expires

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
In regards to "Chris's reactions to pressure is scummy", I started that whole thing, so not going to dis-agree with you there. Also I feel like you are morphing your original argument a bit towards his defense when originally you dropped your vote on him it was solely for the tracker "parralel". It seems like you are doing this in a clever manipulative sort of way to double down on chris as well as to make it look like you were putting more effort into the game then you actually were at the time, as a post-justification. You didn't mention the stuff about chris's reaction to pressure until just now, after I have made that a pretty big point with him...
What? The two examples I posted very early on were a direct result of pressure on him. The pressure forced him to ask for a Cop to investigate him where here he is asking for a tracker to investigate him. After  getting pressured and getting voted, he goes all defeatist and says town is screwed. 

Everyone having the same role doesn't mean it's a vanilla game though. This basically gives you the power to decide a lynch at night as well, theres a lot more choice and responsibility with this concept.
If you think of it that way. You’re assuming we’re all gonna target someone so they die. Doing otherwise is essentially anti-town and dooms us.

If you think about it, since wylted is literally going to be telling us when death proofs are used, we can force all players to out there vig targets each day as a new form of building suspicions.
Sure, but you have to have at least 5 on one target for the game to go anywhere. That’s our primary method to get rid of scum.

We can sus out why someone vigged so and so, and if we don't buy there reasons its something to FOS them for. And we can pretty much determine the mafia night kill targets by forcing this information out, which gives us town confirmation.
It doesn’t though. Mafia can shoot their own team in hopes of getting town cred. 

I think the longer the game goes on, you will see how OP this set up actually is for town if we use the information correctly.
You’re assuming everyone is gonna shoot different people. There’s no reason for me to shoot you or Supa to shoot you. Plus everyone has to be active enough to actually say who they’re gonna shoot. Scum can just shoot whoever they want cause there are gonna be options cause different people would be shooting different people
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Good thank you.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Hold up, I may have a theory on how to solve the game
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Discipulus_Didicit
So here’s what I propose 

Chris is gonna get lynched today so he’s going to lose a deathproof leaving him with 3.

4 people (most sus people) target Chris with their Vig shots

Based on what I’ve read, Id say Me, Supa, Poly, and WF target Chris

The other 3, Luna, WF, and Disc (as well as Chris if he’s actually town) waive tonight. If Chris doesn’t die, we know he’s scum and one of Me, Supa, Poly, and WF are confirmed scum.

If there are 5 shots in the night then we know there’s scum in Luna, WF, and Disc

***This is Ofc assuming Mafia are also all 4x Deathproofs and each can perform the “NK”
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Alright just got home from work. First of all, the line by line responses you made to me about the game being "all vanillas" are self refuted since your plan highlights the same general principle I am talking about with using the vig mechanics utility as a pseudo investigative means to solve the game.

Second, the last line of all this pretty important: ***This is Ofc assuming Mafia are also all 4x Deathproofs and each can perform the “NK”

We have no clue how the mafia mechanics work yet so complex plans like this have too many unknown variables. Furthermore if you (or anyone else who suspects misterchris scum slipped) were to operate with this plan, you are basically admitting that the scum read on chris that started with the 4x vig thing was bogus, and if anything makes him look town. 

The fact that you brought up this plan brings up even more questions. Like why were you arguing this point with me: "It doesn’t though. Mafia can shoot their own team in hopes of getting town cred"

Because if Chris is scum and his partner will look bad for not participating in the vigging, the bussing still will "make them look good" in so far as we believe it should (which we shouldn't). 

The idea is inventive enough, but adds a layer of unnecessary complexity. We should be prepared for mafia fuckery and consider it normally. The way people vig will be a factor in scum hunting, but it won't be the sole factor. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Alright just got home from work. First of all, the line by line responses you made to me about the game being "all vanillas" are self refuted since your plan highlights the same general principle I am talking about with using the vig mechanics utility as a pseudo investigative means to solve the game.
Ok good, we figured it out now. Let’s move on.

Second, the last line of all this pretty important: ***This is Ofc assuming Mafia are also all 4x Deathproofs and each can perform the “NK”
I agree but we are assuming this with any plan. At least I have a plan. What’s yours?

We have no clue how the mafia mechanics work yet so complex plans like this have too many unknown variables.
Then what plan are you suggesting lol. Why should everyone say who they’re gonna target if you believe we’re gonna get fucked with either way - at which point only thing we have is behavior just like a vanilla game lol.

Furthermore if you (or anyone else who suspects misterchris scum slipped) were to operate with this plan, you are basically admitting that the scum read on chris that started with the 4x vig thing was bogus, and if anything makes him look town.
This doesn’t make any sense to me. I could care less about whether he said 4x Vig or 4x Deathproof at this point. I’m more scum reading him based on the reaction to pressure.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
If you have a better plan please provide it, otherwise we’re wasting our time and everyone is just gonna shoot without any form of coordination at all.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I agree but we are assuming this with any plan. At least I have a plan. What’s yours?
I came up with the "communicate your night kill" plan you just modified it. 

Then what plan are you suggesting lol. Why should everyone say who they’re gonna target if you believe we’re gonna get fucked with either way - at which point only thing we have is behavior just like a vanilla game lol.
This was YOUR point bro I was bringing up the fact that I think it's weird you were literally just arguing that fuckery can happen yet make a plan that allows for the same fuckery. You are the naysayer here not me lol

This doesn’t make any sense to me. I could care less about whether he said 4x Vig or 4x Deathproof at this point. I’m more scum reading him based on the reaction to pressure.
You changed it mid-dayphase after I brought up the reaction to pressure and was FOSing you for not putting on your A game. You initially dropped the vote and explained very little behind it, making a vague parrallel between this game of his and another one. You just started adding all this reaction stuff to your chris read lol. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
The added layer of complexity while we don't know how the mafia's roles function is the problem with the plan. I specifically don't like this part: The other 3, Luna, WF, and Disc (as well as Chris if he’s actually town) waive tonight. If Chris doesn’t die, we know he’s scum and one of Me, Supa, Poly, and WF are confirmed scum. If there are 5 shots in the night then we know there’s scum in Luna, WF, and Disc

If you are mafia here and have inside information of what roles scum have and know you can commit some kind of fuckery here to implicate others based on this information then town will be set up for failure. We can execute stuff like this later in the game potentially with a mafia flip.

For now I think we should at least make sure people are communicating their intentions or are ready to defend them next day phase. Again I am not looking for this to break the game, because like you pointed out there is too much potential for mafia fuckery, I just want to use it as a tool to help scum hunt. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I came up with the "communicate your night kill" plan you just modified it. 
Ok, but again, the plan doesn’t work if scum aren’t just like us. I don’t know why you brought it up

This was YOUR point bro I was bringing up the fact that I think it's weird you were literally just arguing that fuckery can happen yet make a plan that allows for the same fuckery. You are the naysayer here not me lol
Fuckery can always happen lol. It’s mafia. But it’s astronomically better that your plan imo.

You changed it mid-dayphase after I brought up the reaction to pressure and was FOSing you for not putting on your A game. You initially dropped the vote and explained very little behind it, making a vague parrallel between this game of his and another one.
I don’t think it’s vague at all. It’s Chris’s scum play in action.

You just started adding all this reaction stuff to your chris read lol.
I added it separately after Supa said I wasn’t doing anything when I was lol. The entire time I was talking about the reaction to pressure from the parallel to the town is screwed part.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Ok, but again, the plan doesn’t work if scum aren’t just like us. I don’t know why you brought it up
Why doesn't it work? It's not meant to be a solve all like yours is trying to be. 

Fuckery can always happen lol. It’s mafia. But it’s astronomically better that your plan imo.
Not if we don't know how the mafia roles work.

I don’t think it’s vague at all. It’s Chris’s scum play in action.
I mean I can understand why you wouldn't want to be convinced your actions are scummy or manipulative here. So I guess there is no point in discussing this point of logic with you if your answer is "its just obvious" lol

I added it separately after Supa said I wasn’t doing anything when I was lol. The entire time I was talking about the reaction to pressure from the parallel to the town is screwed part.
The "town is screwed" part was not mentioned by you when you voted initially. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Why doesn't it work? It's not meant to be a solve all like yours is trying to be. 
Wanna explain how your plan will help then lol? Cause all I see is everyone just saying who they’re gonna shoot beforehand and then doing it lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Not if we don't know how the mafia roles work.
Then your plan won’t work either lol. If Mafia have a Roleblocker or a redirector for example, neither of our plans are gonna work, but in the chance that everyone is the same, my plan does much much more than yours. And in a way it does what your plan does, just that actions are predetemrined
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I mean I can understand why you wouldn't want to be convinced your actions are scummy or manipulative here. So I guess there is no point in discussing this point of logic with you if your answer is "its just obvious" lol
I really don’t get what you’re trying to prove lmao. I voted Chris after the reactions. I backed up my vote a bit later with the parallels, then gave more evidence later on. I didn’t mention the 4x Vig at all in my justification for voting Chris.

You’re scum reading me for being inactive in a game you admit can have fuckery making it a behavioral vanilla game. Even then I said ok, I’ll try. I find behavioral similarities between Inverse Reality scum Chris and this game Chris. I create a complex plan for optimal Town play. Yet I’m scummy and manipulative. Ok. Let’s move on then. If you want to begin POE vig Chris in the night otherwise vote me.

The "town is screwed" part was not mentioned by you when you voted initially.
I know, and I agree. I read more the DP, some 34 pages total and found more similarities with Chris’s scumplay and posted them in the DP. Either way my vote was based on the reaction and parallels with the Cop and Tracker
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
The added layer of complexity while we don't know how the mafia's roles function is the problem with the plan. I specifically don't like this part: The other 3, Luna, WF, and Disc (as well as Chris if he’s actually town) waive tonight. If Chris doesn’t die, we know he’s scum and one of Me, Supa, Poly, and WF are confirmed scum. If there are 5 shots in the night then we know there’s scum in Luna, WF, and Disc
You’re not shooting so there’s no way to manipulate any of y’all’s actions. The only people that can be manipulated are the 4 of us shooting that are already suspicious. For example. If Chris is town, there’s no reason for mafia to do anything at all. If he is scum, they are forced to do something. Off the top of my head they can roleblock but that implicates Chris. Same thing with a redirector. The only role I find that can screw shit up in a Bus Driver but even then it implicates Chris

If you are mafia here and have inside information of what roles scum have and know you can commit some kind of fuckery here to implicate others based on this information then town will be set up for failure. We can execute stuff like this later in the game potentially with a mafia flip.
That’s fine too. But as of now this plan makes the most sense. Yours does practically nothing.

For now I think we should at least make sure people are communicating their intentions or are ready to defend them next day phase. Again I am not looking for this to break the game, because like you pointed out there is too much potential for mafia fuckery, I just want to use it as a tool to help scum hunt. 
My thing doesn’t necessarily break the game. It just optimizes towns chances. Chris could be Town, though I’m confident he’s scum, but at the very least, the Town controls the shots and actions.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I’m vigging Chris tonight. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Pie or Chris. Leaning toward Chris. Will respond more to this but I think Pie is leaning more and more to Pie. Need to catch up
ILikePie5
ILikePie5

Pie -Vigging Chris
Whiteflame
Disc
Earth - Vigging Chris
Mr. chris
Poly - Vigging Chris
Supa
Lunatic- Vigging Pie or chris, will decide before time expires

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I’ll vig MC. At the moment, he’s the most sus to me.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I'm going to a movie won't be on for the end of the phase.

Unvote vtl Chris

I'll shoot Chris tonight.
Lunatic
Lunatic

Pie -Vigging Chris
Whiteflame - Virginia Chris 
Disc- 
Earth - Vigging Chris
Mr. chris- probably dead so it doesn't matter
Poly - Vigging Chris
Supa- Vigging Chris or pie
Lunatic- Vigging Chris

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Last but not least
Lunatic
Lunatic
Pie you are talking in circles and ignoring my argument to be repetitive. You didn't present any new evidence that suggests why your plan will be successful and have admitted that without knowledge of mafia roles it's relatively useless at this juncture in regards to proving who scum is. The extra layer is unnecessary and just causes wifom. Let's just do this normally and use night kill analysis as added pressure next day phase. 
On my phone now so I can't do line by line with you.