Top 59 ways to die in America.

Author: sadolite

Total: 37
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Which one of these top 59 ways to die in America concerns you the most and what restrictions and mandates should be imposed on the people of America to lower the numbers?

59. Accidental Shootings  486

58. Killings by Law Enforcement  616

57. Complications from Pregnancy or Childbirth  1,208

56. Accidental Exposure to Smoke or Fire   2,812

55. Accidental Drowning  2,812 

54. Gallbladder Disorders  3,793 

53. Cervical and Uterine Cancers  4,208

52. Complications from Surgery or Medical Care  4,459

51. Homicide Not Related to Guns  4,968

50. Anemia  5,382 

49. Hardening or Narrowing of Arteries  5,547

48. Viral Hepatitis  5,611

47. HIV  5,698

46. Clostridium Difficile Bacterial Infection  6,118

45. Suicide by Poisoning  6,554

44. Accidental Suffocation  6,946

43. Obesity  7,740

42. Nutritional Deficiencies  7,846

41. Skin Cancer  8,056

40. Birth Irregularities  9,902

39. Rupturing of the Aorta  9,928

38. Oral Cancer  10,126

37. Birth-Related Conditions  11,108

36. Stomach Cancer  11,158

35. Blood-Plasma Cancer  12,809

34. Suicide by Strangulation or Suffocation  13,075

33. Kidney Cancer  13,960

32. Ovarian Cancer  14,193

31. Homicide by Gunshot  14,542

31. Homicide by Gunshot  15,321

29. Benign Tumors  15,824 

28. Bladder Cancer  16,657 

27. Brain Cancer  16,804

26. Chronic Liver Disease (Non-Alcoholic)  19,497

25. Pneumonitis  20,108 

24. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  20,460

23. Alcoholic Liver Disease  22,246

22. Leukemia   23,359 

21. Suicide by Gunshot  23,854 

20. Liver Cancer  27,106  

19. Prostate Cancer  30,488

18. Parkinson's Disease  31,963

17. Symptoms, Signs and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings  32,750

16. High Blood Pressure  35,316

15. Accidental Falls  36,338

14. Motor Vehicle Accidents   40,231

13. Blood Poisoning  40,922 

12. Breast Cancer   42,510

11. Pancreatic Cancer  44,012

10. Inflammation of the Kidney   50,633

9. Colon, Rectal and Anal Cancers  53,447

8. Pneumonia and Influenza  55,672 

7. Accidental Poisoning  64,795 

6. Diabetes  83,564

5. Alzheimer's Disease  121,404 

4. Lung Cancer  145,932

3. Stroke and Other Cerebrovascular Conditions  146,383

2. Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases  160,201

1. Heart Disease  647,457 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
Looks like old and unrepresentative data.  We know COVID killed at least 600,000 Americans over the past year but its not on your list.  We know flu deaths dropped to near nothing after quarantining kicked in.  We know opioid overdoses surpassed car accidents last year but I don't see drug overdoses anywhere.  Looks like homicide by gunshot gets printed twice.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Its from the CDC so if you don't like what's on the list or the numbers cry to them.  Anyhow which one concerns you the most and what regulations and mandates should govt force on people to lower the numbers?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
CDC says COVID was the third leading cause of death in 2020 but it's not on your list

Your data is not current, is what I'm saying.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
For Christ sake Covid isn't on the list, what is your obsession, pick from the list and then tell us what restrictions and mandates the govt should force on the people to reduce the numbers. Its a simple question.  Here I'll do one and then maybe you will get the question.  Accidental poisoning: The govt should mandate that all new homes and existing homes and businesses be outfitted with a lockable cabinet and any and all poisonous substances must be placed in said cabinet  to prevent stupid people and children from having access to them. Furthermore the owner of said house or business is 100% fully liable for damages if anyone is poisoned in their said business or home for failure to lock up poisonous items. Failure to comply should result in a $100 a day  fine until in compliance. A small price to pay if it saves a life in my opinion.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
One should expect to die.

And one should not expect that governments will  be able to make a great deal of difference

A lot of early onset physiological disorders, can be avoided by having a serious regard to diet and fitness.

And then sometimes shit happens.

The government can advise, but don't expect it to drag you from the TV, swap the burger for salad and stick you on a bicycle.

And there's probably shit all that governments can do when shit happens.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Number 56 and 55 seem really shitty. I would be open to any suggestions on how those could go down.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't think you understand the question based on your response. Just saying.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Put your own suggestions. 
Conway
Conway
-->
@sadolite
Which one of these top 59 ways to die in America concerns you the most and what restrictions and mandates should be imposed on the people of America to lower the numbers?
Car accidents concern me the most from day to day.  Next, is probably smoking and alcoholics.

I think you should be able to pass an exam to drive on public roads.  Age requirements should be consistent with hiring standards.  I don't have much opinion beyond that as to which ordinances ought to be passed, except obeying signs designed for safe travel and that it should be illegal to distract yourself from the road, such as using a cellphone to read something.  The issue with regard to drinking and driving is only of excess.  I don't take particular issue with people drinking and driving as long as they're not at risk of hurting anything, nor if they are not wearing seatbelts.   Although, I think minors should be required to wear them.  I take no issue with racing outside of city limits on an empty stretch, within reason. 

If I'd interfere with any commercial smoking enterprise it would be cigarettes designed to deliver nicotine.  Less addictive tobacco products or other substances such as cannabis and whatever is being vaporized should generally be free from incursion.  Anything that you grow and produce for your own consumption should be explicitly shielded from government overreach.  Any land used to this end should not be subject to consideration of value for taxation.  Voting and purchase of drugs are based on whether someone marries, or otherwise lives independently of welfare, or the age consistent with expectations of holding office.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
Added07.31.21 02:58PM
-->@oromagi
For Christ sake Covid isn't on the list, what is your obsession, pick from the list and then tell us what restrictions and mandates the govt should force on the people to reduce the numbers. Its a simple question. 

Really?  I think its incredibly complicated.  I mean you could outlaw McDonald's tomorrow and probably bring those heart attack numbers down 20% but nobody's going to stand for it.

Look at coronavirus.  All the government has asked is that you get a totally free, incredibly easy vaccine and practice good germ hygiene like wearing a mask around other people and half the country has spiraled into death cult suicidal madness over those incredibly simply non-invasive measures.

Here I'll do one and then maybe you will get the question.  Accidental poisoning: The govt should mandate that all new homes and existing homes and businesses be outfitted with a lockable cabinet and any and all poisonous substances must be placed in said cabinet  to prevent stupid people and children from having access to them. Furthermore the owner of said house or business is 100% fully liable for damages if anyone is poisoned in their said business or home for failure to lock up poisonous items. Failure to comply should result in a $100 a day  fine until in compliance. A small price to pay if it saves a life in my opinion
Totally absurd.  Almost all household cleaning and personal beauty products are poisonous.  All herbicides and pesticides are poison.  Half the plants that grow naturally in your yard are poison.  Almost every drop of medicine, every pill you swallow,  every vitamin is poison.  There's poison in the little packets that come delivered with fresh food, poison fueling our engines which turn liquid poison into aerosolized poison.  You would pass a law to make every person keep half their shit behind a locked door?  Hell, we've tried that with just basic, obvious stuff like guns and ammo and half the people just howled and howled about their civil rights.  Massachusetts is the only state that  mandates that all firearms be stored with a locking device and also has be far the lowest number of accidental gun deaths in America because of the law but people still considers a few hundred dead children each year an acceptable price to pay for ready access to one's gun.

I don't think any legislation should be adopted willy-nilly in a democracy.   You've got to gauge public reaction and public inconvenience and do a good job of establishing efficacy overall before tossing out mandates.  States laws are an excellent resource for assessing which laws are effective and sustainable and which not.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
lot of cancer, thats quite sad
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
My response directly addressed the question, but perhaps not in the way that you expected.

So:
1. Heart Disease.....Early onset heart problems are commonly resultant of a neglectful lifestyle, in terms of fitness and diet....Though as I alluded to above, in a liberal democracy, how does the State mandate and enforce a healthy lifestyle.

The State can only attempt to educate and advise, which it probably already does.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
How does the State mandate and enforce a healthy lifestyle.  Simple, it mandates that you have to do what the govt says.  Local and state govts are mandating that people have to get an experimental vaccine right this very minute and the Federal govt is doing the same. We as taxpayers are all paying for it to the tune of 60 billion dollars.  So the govt mandating what I can and cant do what I can and cant eat is totally with in the power of govt. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
You cant answer the question. You are to chicken shit too. You refuse to go on record or take a position. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
......You are to chicken shit........
...." Luckily there is no shortage of official advice on how to look after chicken manure. As long as I comply with Article 13 F of the European Union Control Regulation 1069/2009 (I am not making this up) then I’m OK to spread it on the garden, or even in the field. As my chickens roam free, and tend to relieve themselves wherever and whenever they feel like it, I suppose I’d better check that they are fully conversant with this rule.

My fondness for bureaucrats tends to be at the lower end of the scale, but the trouble is, once you start looking at the reasons behind some of this nonsense, you find that it isn’t nonsense at all. One of the reasons you have to wait for chicken manure to “cool” to the point where it can used as fertiliser is because it also contains the bacteria Clostridium botulinum.

This toxin, which causes botulism, { :--O } is one of the most dangerous known to science. It can cause paralysis to the muscles that control breathing, and without rapid treatment tends to be fatal in around 5-10% of cases."....

Oromagi is obviously uneducated on ...' The perils of chicken shit '.....or that it is something to crow about.

Conway
Conway
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Place your cigarettes in an appropriately situated ash tray, or switch to something else.  I've already responded to multiple fires just happening to be around me, due to irresponsibly smoking.  The fire department was eventually mobilized for the majority of those occasions.  Statistically speaking, smoking related fires may not be shown to be a particularly common sort of accident, but there's a significant chance that they fester or light up on something that is highly flammable and pose a greater threat.

Wait until you're ready to support a family before you have children with someone, and raise them.

Don't get old.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Point proven. You are to chicken shit to make hard decisions. You would pick one and answer it if you weren't.  You are scared of what others might think of you for taking a hard stand on something that might be perceived as unpopular. You need the approval of others. You are afraid to stand alone on your own views. You only take positions based on societal popularity.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Conway
I don't smoke and now that I know that smoking is the main cause of terrible and painful death by fire I am much less likely to start lol
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
If you don't want a vaccine, then don't have one. Ultimately it's your choice.

And all vaccines are initially experimental.

Fortunately, and thanks to previously experimental vaccines I haven't contracted polio, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, smallpox, TB etc.

And given these and other advances in medical intervention, I will more than likely live a whole lot longer than I would of 150 years ago.

So what's your real beef?

I would suggest, probably just a lifestyle affecting virus.

And the little critter ain't listening.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I am not talking about covid, you are.   You stated earlier>>>>>>The State can only attempt to educate and advise, which it probably already does. We both know this to be patently false. Both state and local govts have required people to use masks and force govt employees to be vaccinated and or face retribution by having their livelihoods destroyed.  So with that said, pick from the list and state what restrictions and mandates the govt should force on people to reduce the numbers of that particular cause of death.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@sadolite
I don’t think the government should prohibit things in the name of saving lives because people should be free to determine their own risk tolterance.

The government values safety too much and freedom too little.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@TheUnderdog
"I don’t think the government should prohibit things in the name of saving lives" This has been proved to be  Irrelevant, pick a cause of death from the list and state what restrictions and mandates the govt should force on the people to reduce the number of deaths from your selection.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Fortunately, and thanks to previously experimental vaccines I haven't contracted polio, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, smallpox, TB etc.

Zed, you omitted shingles { 2 shots } and pneumonia { two shots } and I have those also.

CoVid shots should be mandated globally --once shown to be safe in short run---  if you cant supply a card that is also in global data base, then you should not be allowed on any public transportations or enclosde public areas and if you refuse to wear a mask  --barring underlying respiratory issues--  more penalities will be held against you.

Its crazy  how many people are so paranoid that they wont wear mask that mitigates, all viri { Flu and colds } and bacterial exposure.  This has  a alot to do with narracisistic Trumpet's irrational, illogical lack of common sense beig passed on to his cult trumperteer followers who rather die for freedom not to wear a mask and in that process kill others.

These people are sick in the head and I believe, if a MRI brain scan was done of them, compared to non-trumpeteers we would find abnormal irregular brain activity in trumpeteers brains. Sad :--(

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
You have Trump Derangement Syndrome so bad its laughable. How does Trump even figure into the OP?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
How does Trump even figure into the OP?

Trumpeteers --like you-- have Trumpet [ narrcisic ego } disease that makes most of you sick in the head and stupidity via ego kills self ---if only indirectly---  and others also indirectly.

Fire and slow cancer death scare me the most. 

Having heart disease does not impact others, not wearing the mask does impact and others to the point of killin some others.  Sad sick in the the head those who keep beating their heads against brick wall screaming frreedom to not wear a mask, dont you dare attempt to take away my freedom to get sick, maybe ide and maybe klll others, just by breathing on them.

Sick in the the head is many disease, but the new one is Trumpet disease and like the contact high from 60's people in contact with Trumpet become infected and then pass it on to others. And it can be spread by TV and internet etc. Sad :--(

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
So what is the experimental vaccine that you referred to....#14

And I chose:
1. Heart Disease....So, mandatory  health advice and education, and mandatory food standards within the  food processing industry.

And I'm pretty confident that Governments will not mandate confinement, treadmills and salads.

People readily criticise government and yet readily expect Nanny State to pic up the pieces when the shit of self abuse hits the proverbial fan.

It's always a no win situation for Governments.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
All covid vaccines are experimental. They are approved for emergency use only. The long term effects are unknown. Those who take the vaccines for covid are hoping the vaccines have none.  If they do have harmful side effects you are shit out of luck and have no legal recourse. You took it voluntarily and were told it was experimental.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Trumpeteers --like you-- have Trumpet [ narrcisic ego } disease that makes most of you sick in the head and stupidity via ego kills self ---if only indirectly---  and others also indirectly.

You don't even know me or what I think about anything. As a matter of fact you don't know anything about anyone. All you know is what media tells you to regurgitate.  The above makes that blindingly obvious. I don't know you but I know one thing, you are a mindless ideologue as the above statement is your confession. Dialogue with you is pointless. You could be replaced by any ideologue like you and I wouldn't even know I was talking to a different person. Intellectually dull, boring and predictable.

Oh and you still are to chickenshit to pick from the list and answer.

Also you are everything you claim not to be. You dismiss entire groups of people for simply not agreeing with your politics. You write them off as being sick in the head. It is you that is the narcist and ego maniac. Your ego is fragile it cant even withstand a differing opinion without you being an insulting asshole.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Dialogue with you is pointless.

As ive stated the same above about you in past.  Your not interested in truth or seeing the truth about yourself { trumpeteer ] and Trumpet { immoral }  Typical of all trumpeteers.

Fire { burning } and slow death from cancer I fear the most. ALsheimers wouldnt be great either cause slow death.