God is not all powerful and it is impossible to be all powerful

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 39
TheMorningsStar
Debates: 0
TheMorningsStar
-->
@janesix
The thing about God is he doesn't have to follow your sense of logic.
Apologies if I am misunderstanding. You say 'your sense of logic' and I am unsure if you mean to differentiate that from 'God doesn't have to follow logic'.
If you do mean 'God doesn't have to follow logic", then I've always hated that argument/idea.
How can one have a rational belief in an illogical being?
If one says that God does not need to follow logic then it isn't a stretch to counter that with god belief being necessarily illogical.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@TheMorningsStar
What I'm saying is God does not necessarily have to follow HUMAN logic. We are ants compared to what God understands.
TheMorningsStar
Debates: 0
TheMorningsStar
-->
@janesix
But if God violates what humans can understand as 'logic' then how does a human come to logically believe that there is such a thing as God?
MonkeyKing
Debates: 3
MonkeyKing
-->
@TheUnderdog
This paradox ignores an important aspect of God which is necessity. Being omnipotent doesn't necessitate doing all things, it is having the opportunity, should it be needed, to do whatever it is that is needed. IF God needed to create a rock that he couldn't physically lift(which he doesn't) than he could. He could then proceed to allow himself to move it again if it was necessary. This line of thinking lives in the realm of "what if" in reference to a being that would never realistically be faced with such a situation which is fun to think about. Ultimately I see it in the same light as when fanboys wouldn't stop asking Stan Lee about which comic characters would win in a fight to which he answered, "Whoever the author decides, I write the story." We can ask God all day if he could make a rock he can't lift, ultimately its up to his discretion.

Part of omnipotence would require being capable of adjusting your own abilities at will anyway. To which some might run back to the paradox and say, "Well then he never was really incapable of lifting the rock." I would equivocate this to looking at my spindly self who can bench around 120lbs, and then after working out for a while and getting to 160lbs lost it and am back to 120lbs, then saying, "Was he really ever incapable of lifting 160".
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@Fruit_Inspector

Fruit_Inspector,

YOUR LYING QUOTE IN YOUR POST #27:  "I see you still have me blocked. Very brave."

I have NOT blocked you in any whatsoever, period!  I NEVER block pseudo-christians like you because they are easily put in their ungodly place, understood? 

Now, be BRAVE and instead of you running away from the link I posed to you with a lame excuse, like Tradesecret does ad infinitum, where the fact is that the serial killer Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, LIED to His creation!  Address it and don't be like the runaway from biblical axioms  Tradesecret is going to do again in running away from the following link as usual: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6525-god-is-not-all-powerful-and-it-is-impossible-to-be-all-powerful?page=2&post_number=26

BEGIN:

Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
@BrotherDThomas

YOUR LYING QUOTE IN POST #35:
"I have NOT blocked you in any whatsoever, period! I NEVER block pseudo-christians like you because they are easily put in their ungodly place, understood?"

Have you forgotten already?!?! This is COLD HARD EVIDENCE that you have me blocked from this post:
I don't have the time for the biblically challenged like you, therefore this is my last post to you. To save you any further embarrassment, I am going to have to BLOCK YOU, and subsequently, I am hoping that you will heal soon because of the wounds that 21C has inflicted upon you, and are obviously still with you at this late date. Try praying to Jesus to help you with your psychosis, okay, good luck!
Here is the full link to the post so we can all see if you delete or edit it like the SCARED PSEUDO-ATHEIST that you are! https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2535-animals-and-the-afterlife?page=3&post_number=72

This is proof for the whole world to see that either I truly am blocked, or you are a LIAR! Which is it, hmmm???

Or perhaps it is you, the PSEUDO-ATHEIST, who has fallen prey to psychosis! What does it mean when a red banner appears on someone's profile that says, "Blocking you"? Perhaps it means that you have ACTUALLY BEEN BLOCKED by that SCARED RUNAWAY of a user??? Are you that out of touch with REALITY???

Or perhaps you are just RUNNING AWAY like you always do!! Why don't you RUN AWAY to another site's comment section like you're good at!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Fruit_Inspector,

Barring what I said, I NEVER went through with it, BUT GUESS WHAT???  Now you have BLOCKED ME!!!  WHY?  Are you that SCARED of me in making you the continued Bible fool like Tradesecret?  In any event, I will still post to you without using the receivers column anyway, understood?  Fruit_Inspector, I am sorry that you can't be BRAVE anymore by blocking me now, COWARED!  LOL!

Listen, we can see that you now have to take your little boy "neener, neener, neener attitude" and excuses to take the limelight off of your running away from my post in question to you in the link below, just like Tradesecret will also do at their runaway expense once again!

Barring your child-like excuses to RUN from this link below relating to Jesus LYLING, in responding to your question "can Jesus lie," do you at least want to "try" to address it in front of the membership, or will you RUN AWAY from it like Tradesecret is doing at this time?: Let's watch!   https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6525-god-is-not-all-powerful-and-it-is-impossible-to-be-all-powerful?page=2&post_number=26

Scared? The membership is watching; BEGIN:

NEXT BIBLE FOOL RUNAWAY LIKE FRUIT_INSPECTOR TO THE LINK ABOVE WILL BE ...?   (Yes, I already know Tradesecret will run)

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@TheMorningsStar
Logic is an illusion. Reality is not run on logic. This is a human frailty.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@TheUnderdog
If your all powerful, can you create a stone so heavy that not even yourself can lift it?

If the answer is yes, then you are not all powerful because you cannot lift such a stone.

If the answer is no, then you are not all powerful because you cannot create such a stone.
You haven't thought this through.

The presumption would be that God is capable of "lifting" everything. Another presumption would be that God is capable of creating anything/everything. So the argument that God being unable to create something he himself can't lift isn't a paradox of omnipotence but irrational. You're essentially asking: can God metaphysically act in a manner beyond himself? This is metaphyisical nonsense because the premise of the question itself already presupposes that which undermines the omnipotence of God.

Therefore it is impossible for God to be all powerful which would explain why he rarely answers our prayers, if he exists and is worthy of worship.
This is not a logically consistent extension of your premise. Omnipotence is not at all contingent on answering prayers.