Homosexuality

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 125
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
Civil unions are actually the best option for runaway apostates. I've asked old apostates and they seem very happy with civil unions. I won't generalize that this is the best option for other groups tho.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@thett3
Incorrect, I said they tended to be more dangerous and fundamentalist and that's how I percieved it. Obviously this is an implicit bias and isn't true for every white person, and it isn't true because white people are white. Its merely a false racist perception, the point was to introduce a perspective that's unique, and happens to be true. White people do tend to be armed more often, and given the population of white people as well as the over-policing black would make them statistically cause more crime. In trends we tend to see that crimes go hand in hand with their population typically, hence what started studies into over-policing and such. 

So no, no slander, merely claims and my opinions. 

Further.... do you even know what you're talking about? You literally take one claim from a source, while disregarding another which blatantly finds your conclusion false. I've taken every source in total, if it's wrong, I explain how it's wrong, if it's misinterpreted I explain how its misinterpreted, you on the other hand like to take what you like. Go ahead and have fun being dumb, I'll fun being actually intellectually honest. 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Theweakeredge
 Its merely a false racist perception, the point was to introduce a perspective that's unique, and happens to be true.
A “false racist perception” that “happens to be true.” Okay. Myself and multiple other people demonstrated to you the objective statistics that show your “false racist perception” is indeed false, and all you had to say in response was that the police let “white dudes” off for thousands of murders a year. No evidence was provided even though you’ve had ample opportunity to do so. Defend your initial claim that white people are “the most dangerous” people or admit you are wrong and apologize for making a racist lie. 

In trends we tend to see that crimes go hand in hand with their population typically, hence what started studies into over-policing and such.
Come on. Show me the study showing a correlation between white population and violent crime rate. You’ll find the reality is the EXACT OPPOSITE 

Go ahead and have fun being dumb, I'll fun being actually intellectually honest.
If you were so intellectually honest you wouldn’t knowingly be making false statements. The numbers are easily accessible and have been provided to you, and you have to be smart enough to know that your handwaving assertions haven’t come even close to disproving the crime statistics we have.  
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@thett3
I'm saying it likely happens to be true based on the body of surrounding facts. 
  • A. Black people are empirically over-policed and overrepresented in the numbers, their homes and neighborhoods are segregated and specifically targeted
  • B. White people make up the largest population in the USA
  • C. We tend to see the most crime by the largest population
  • D. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that white people do the most crime
Though it wouldn't be the "exact opposite" even if you were right, it'd be that they don't do the most crime, they certainly don't do the least - even taking your sources into account. The problem here is that you are relying on sources which are literally the ones doing the seggregating, of course you would find overrepresentations amongst minorities. 

My only point isn't to even prove that white people do the most crime, merely saying that IF there was no oppression in America, and IF there was not over-policing in minority neighborhoods, THEN they would, statistically speaking. The mere fact that they don't in those reports is proof in-and-of-itself. Cuz' I'm trying to make a bigger point, and you can claim I'm changing the subject, but I'm not, that would be you (this was orginally about homosexuality), I'm trying to prove that well.... shouldn't you be letting people take account of their own responsibilities?? I'm trying to prove how stupid your arguments are, how you continously try to sweep systemic issues - its funny how fast you run to systemic answers whenever white people are the ones involved. 

Frankly I'm done discussing anything with you, you've already shown your true colors, but before I go I'll give one last little piece of advice - do some introspection about your own thought-process. 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Theweakeredge
I'm saying it likely happens to be true based on the body of surrounding facts. 
  • A. Black people are empirically over-policed and overrepresented in the numbers, their homes and neighborhoods are segregated and specifically targeted
  • B. White people make up the largest population in the USA
  • C. We tend to see the most crime by the largest population
  • D. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that white people do the most crime
Though it wouldn't be the "exact opposite" even if you were right, it'd be that they don't do the most crime, they certainly don't do the least - even taking your sources into account. The problem here is that you are relying on sources which are literally the ones doing the seggregating, of course you would find overrepresentations amongst minorities. 
Overpolicing might be a plausible explanation if the differences in black and white violent crime rates were, say, 10%. Or 20%. But what I have been trying to demonstrate to you is that the differences are far too vast for this to be a realistic explanation. The rate of violent crime among black people is over three times as high as it is for white people. White people are underrepresented in violent crime arrests compared to their population (46% of arrests, 60% of the population), .76x whereas black people are over represented by around 2.5x (13% of pop, 33% of violent arrests.) https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf So the disparity in violent crime arrests is 3.3x, or 330% (2.5/.76). The numbers for murders are even worse, as we have already gone through. If overpolicing is the cause (more like underpolicing of white areas) there should be thousands and thousands of unreported homicide victims. Not plausible. You have argued that this is because the police just let "white dudes" off because they are racist--even though the victims would be overwhelmingly white. However, this does not track with the way people of any race interact with the world. I know you think white supremacy is deeply ingrained in our culture, even among minorities, but to pay hundreds of thousands of extra dollars to live in white suburban areas where the rate of violent crime is higher? Man, that is some serious white supremacy. It also does not align with the National Crime Victimization Survey, which interviews victims of crime about the characteristics of their assailants and finds numbers in line with what the official statistics suggest. So people are so white supremacist that they actually lie to defend the honor of the white race after being raped or beaten by a white guy, and pin it on black people. You also do not explain why we do not see the same disparity in crime rates among Hispanic or Asian people. Come on, dude.

Speaking of the national crime victimization survey.... There could in fact be a small degree of truth to the overpolicing argument, at least for minor crimes. According to my source: 

"An examination of offenders’ characteristics, as reported by victims in the NCVS, provides information on racial and ethnic disparities beyond an arrestee and population-based comparison. Based on the 2018 NCVS and UCR, black people accounted for 29% of violent-crime offenders and 35% of violent-crime offenders in incidents reported to police, compared to 33% of all persons arrested for violent crimes (table 2). (See Methodology for differences in how violent crimes are measured in the NCVS and UCR.) At the same time, white offenders were underrepresented among persons arrested for nonfatal violent crimes (46%) relative to their representation among offenders identified by victims in the NCVS (52%). When limited to offenders in incidents reported to police, white people were found to be arrested proportionate to their criminal involvement (48%). Hispanic offenders were overrepresented among persons arrested for nonfatal violent crimes (18%) relative to their representation among violent offenders (14% of all violent offenders and 13% of violent offenders in incidents reported to police). However, victims were unable to determine if the offender was Hispanic in 9% of single-offender incidents and 12% of multiple-offender incidents, which may have resulted in some underestimates of Hispanic offenders’ involvement in violent crime (not shown in tables). Among the most serious incidents of violent crime (rape or sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated assault), there were no statistically significant differences by race between offenders identified in the NCVS and persons arrested per the UCR (table 3). White and black people were arrested proportionate to their involvement in serious nonfatal violent crime overall and proportionate to their involvement in serious nonfatal violent crime reported to police."

So there you go. Most of this is probably explained by people reporting an offender as racially white, but having no idea of hispanic origin. But it is plausible that a small amount of the gap is explained by a lower police presence in cushy white areas, which results in some of the smaller number of crimes there slipping through the cracks. Does this come anywhere close to explaining a 330% difference in crime rates? Nope.

I'm trying to prove that well.... shouldn't you be letting people take account of their own responsibilities?? I'm trying to prove how stupid your arguments are, how you continously try to sweep systemic issues - its funny how fast you run to systemic answers whenever white people are the ones involved. 
I don't think I have talked about "systemic racism" relating to white people. Any examples? I certainly wouldn't excuse any violent crime committed by white people, or try to pin it on someone else.

Frankly I'm done discussing anything with you, you've already shown your true colors, but before I go I'll give one last little piece of advice - do some introspection about your own thought-process. 
You can leave if you want, but don't think for even a moment that it is because you won the exchange. You haven't even cited a single piece of evidence. As for my "true colors", whatever. I'm a little defensive, sure. I'm white. My wife is white. My children will be white. I'm not going to apologize for refuting nonsense about the group that I am a part of, through no choice of my own.