Vaccine hesitant versus Anti-Vaxxer Why are they bundled into the same category?

Author: Slainte

Total: 86
Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
Why do people who have questions about a vaccine get tagged as being anti-vaxxer?

Why is it improper to ask questions about the vaccine process? 

Medical regulators in Canada, the US, Ireland and others have put in special rules for what Dr's are allowed to say and do with patients as it relates to Covid.   

I see the narrative is so aggressive, and the legitimate questions  get lost, filtered, censored or ignored.    I joined this site because I thought as a group this could be an open and uncensored place of discourse, where we could look at studies, emerging studies, and even anecdotal reports to properly discuss the implications of this EUA vaccine, the vaccine passport concept,  etc.

Am I in the right spot to have curious conversations about these issues?

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Basically you can tell the difference like this

White with reservations  = antivax

Nonwhite with reservations = vaccine hesitant 

If you find any hypocrisy in what I said, you are antisemitic. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Because people tend to see things black-and-white. They automatically thinks whoever thinks the vaccines have problems don’t want to be vaccinated, even though they are on different points on the plot.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
But you are antisemitic… according to the posts of the past.

So, what are you trying to tell us?
Slainte
Slainte
-->
@Wylted
Do you think ypur sarcastic response helps bridge a knowledge gap.   I am white and have reservations.   I also have 2 science degrees.   3 of my siblings are health sciences professors and or medical doctors.

So when I saw hmmmm   wtf?   I am a trump loving anti-vaxxer?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Slainte
Both sides think the other is full of idiots, really smart people see the in-between.

Slainte
Slainte
-->
@RationalMadman
Well said.    The facts are in the middle.  Somewhere in there.   That dialogue has helped me and my family process what is going on

I have a feeling  more people are uriously skeptical and feel unwelcome or socially fearful to articulate same.  
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Slainte
Well said.    The facts are in the middle.  Somewhere in there.  
Middle of the road fallacy

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
@Slainte
Re #2

What has "antisemitism" got to do with anything.

You are a multi-conflationist.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Slainte
So, what are the legitimate questions?

If your qualifications and level of intellect are as you say. (# 5)

Then you should be able to answer these questions yourself.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
Both sides think the other is full of idiots, really smart people see the in-between.

Middle of road is most dangerous as auto can hit you from either side of roadway

Vax and mask  is smart, all else sucidal and in some case { Trumpeteers } homicidal as it attempt to kill self and others, based on the evidence as seen in this https://timjwise.medium.com/covid-anti-vaxxers-arent-a-maga-death-cult-it-s-worse-than-that-16d74186e46b

MAGA = typhoid Mary?

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
It's more like:

Scared of covid vaccine: Vaccine hesitant.

Scared of any other vaccine: Anti vaxxer.

I encourage everyone to get a vaccine unless unable too.  I however do not advocate for it being forced by the government.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
people who are "vaccine hesitant" are science deniers unless they have an actual medical problem keeping them from taking the vaccine they should get the vaccine.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
It is not to deny science when one doesn't trust a top secret lab-made injection, in fact it is to be pro-science and appreciating just how much of an effect it can have.

Similarly, on a separate note, it is not 'anti-science' to be a flat earther unless the reasoning behind their stance is they think science itself is a corrupt endeavour. To be skeptical is in fact the very essence of scientific thinking.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

Science is.....Read your dictionary.

Skepticism is.....Read your dictionary.

Optimism is perhaps the essence of scientific thinking.

And "Flat Earth" is backward thinking conspiracy theory..... As is "top secret lab".

Secure lab maybe.....As one would expect.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
@zedvictor4
Optimism is perhaps the essence of scientific thinking.
Huh? Zed, I think your confusing word "optimism" with word 'truth'.

.." America is the only country in the world that has an over-supply of vaccines that have proved effective against the virus that causes and spreads the pandemic across the globe. Permit me to slightly rephrase this fact: the vaccines have proved to be hugely, hugely effective against Covid-19 and America has produced the vaccines in quantities far beyond what the population of 330 million needs for complete and effective vaccination of everybody.

...However, millions of Americans are refusing to be vaccinated. Indeed, from what was previously called “vaccine hesitancy”, millions of Americans have moved to complete “vaccine rejectionism”. This is why what I am calling an “anti-vax death cult” has appeared, again so far only in America. Right now, as I write these words, a solid 95% of all deaths from Covid-19 in the country are made up of unvaccinated Americans. This is why I call it a “death cult”: people are aware of this fact that being unvaccinated could lead to death, but they are  supremely indifferent to the specter of the death that haunts them if they remain unvaccinated.

.....In this piece, I will be arguing that this “anti-vax death cult” marks what might eventually prove to be a terminal crisis of global capitalism in America, its heartland and center of gravity."...

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheUnderdog
@drlebronski
@Slainte

How one person in Britain escaped the anti-vaxxer cult/conspiracy i.e. how the more ignorant susceptible class escaped false propaganda narrative.

The vaccine ---as proven safe for most humans---   should be a global mandate in a world that is unified to survive beyond 2232.

July { 2021 } was hottest globally ever and last July { 2020 } was the record high temp month prior to this July. 

How one person escaped the false propaganda narrative  surrounding CoV2 vaccine and masking.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ebuc
I encourage people to get vaccines but they should not be mandatory.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheUnderdog
I encourage people to get vaccines but they should not be mandatory.

Yeah I know that.  Luckily for some in USA, some local governmenance, hospitals busingess etc is  not agreeing to such nonsense i.e they are looking out for health of others ergo vaccine and masking helps all humans on Earth to end this pandemic sooner rather than later. :--(  Humans, --- ' when will they ever learn Peter Paul and Mary, when will they ever learn '---

I think Trumpet stated once, to ' get the vaccine '.   WOW, he stated it once and he is the USA president leading USA nation.  What a sad sick-n-head joke 74 million trumpeteers voted for. My guess is that your a trumpeteer.  Maybe one of the insurrectionist who just got caught in the spirit of the moment and now has to pay a measly $500. fine. 

The judge stated such on recent news blurb I saw on CBS news.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ebuc
they are looking out for health of others ergo vaccine and masking helps all humans on Earth to end this pandemic sooner rather than later.
Don’t worry; if your vaccinated, the pandemic won’t spread to you.

My guess is that your a trumpeteer.  Maybe one of the insurrectionist who just got caught in the spirit of the moment and now has to pay a measly $500. fine. 
I didn’t vote for Trump and he is not as pro freedom as I’d like.  But many people democrats and republicans don’t want to get vaccinated.  Vaccines should never be forced.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheUnderdog
Don’t worry; if your vaccinated, the pandemic won’t spread to you.
Dude, you appear to me as clueless. Do you own a TV? Do you watch the news? Is it Fox news? If it is, you may need to change channels.

I didn’t vote for Trump and he is not as pro freedom as I’d like.  But many people democrats and republicans don’t want to get vaccinated.  Vaccines should never be forced.
If the vaccine is proven safe by FDA --as and others around the globe--, it should be mandately globally otherwise, people like you should face consequnces, ex not allowed on public transportation and I can think of others if pressed for more. :--)

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
If the vaccine is proven safe by FDA.

I would suggest that it is more a case of risk assessment.

Vaccination is already proven to not be 100% safe.

I chose to vaccinate....Assessing that the risk  to me from covid infection was far greater than the risk from covid vaccination.

Hesitancy is uncertainty.

And anti-vax , is no more than one would  expect of certain people.

And let's be honest, anti-vax in the U.S is largely a left and right issue.....A  gullible public inspired by the charismatic's desire for wealth and power.

Trumpism and Trumpeteers as you might refer to it Mr Ebuc.

ebuc
ebuc
I would suggest that it is more a case of risk assessment.
Underlying conditions > vs < CoVid2/covid19

Zed, you are one of the more rational good guys 95% of the time.

I could see fines ---consequences house arrest and give them minimal living wage til they vaccinate and mask---   globally for people who do not vaccinate and mask.

Maybe one or more of the insurrectionist who just got caught in the spirit of the moment on Jan 6th and now has to pay a measly $500. fine. for disrupting congress's ongoing operations of the day. The judge stated such on recent news blurb I saw on CBS news.

And again, I  a friend who I dont see regularly but i dont think voted for Trump or any republican, yet he and his wife are like on some kind of a woo-woo quasi-religous cult that will not vaccinate and/or mask, tho in some circumstances if pressed they will mask.  Again, Ive not spoken too them much since the pandemic began.

Reminds me of Christian Scientist, tho not nearly as formal religon.

Conway
Conway
-->
@zedvictor4
Hesitancy is uncertainty.

And anti-vax , is no more than one would  expect of certain people.

And let's be honest, anti-vax in the U.S is largely a left and right issue.....A  gullible public inspired by the charismatic's desire for wealth and power.

Trumpism and Trumpeteers as you might refer to it Mr Ebuc.
People who have some level of fear about the vaccines are often more concerned with the people who are associated with vaccine production, and distribution.   They have their own reasons, and reference other noteworthy figures, generally not elected representatives in my experience.  I don't really understand it to be honest.

Donald Trump took steps in order to expedite the production of vaccines, and the United States is fortunately one of the leading producers in the world.  We are one of the nations that could rely upon our own assets if necessary.  He decided to take the vaccine, in addition to the immune response his body had already developed from previously contracting the virus.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Conway
For sure, Donald learnt a lesson and got off lightly.

And the only reason that the majority of the population can expect to exceed 40 years of age, is thanks to clever people (scientists) and their inventions.

I doubt that many people would be hesitant about ingesting an antibiotic for example.

Or do the anti-vax, conspiracy theorists still consider Alexander Fleming to be one of the shadowy untrustworthy elite?
Conway
Conway
-->
@zedvictor4

And the only reason that the majority of the population can expect to exceed 40 years of age, is thanks to clever people (scientists) and their inventions.
A lot of the great inventors aren't professional scientists.  They're engineers, designers, and other businessmen and women who've positioned themselves on the cutting edge.  The creative application of ideas in the "real world" isn't necessarily equitable to a series of controlled experiments.  
I doubt that many people would be hesitant about ingesting an antibiotic for example.
I am hesitant about taking any sort of medication.  I'd have to be pretty desperate to put something besides food and water into my body without further consideration. 
Or do the anti-vax, conspiracy theorists still consider Alexander Fleming to be one of the shadowy untrustworthy elite?
I doubt it. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Conway
I am hesitant about taking any sort of medication.
Christian Science mentality without being a Christian Scientist.

Placebo effect is occurs i 10% of time in some lab experiments.

Believe = faith that this, or that will occur, based on what others tell you, --or self tells you--   with less than 10% substantiate evidence of the placebo effect.

Loss of conviction of faith is when such a persons --or their family---   get sick and perhaps dies.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Conway
I too always consider what I injest....Food and medication.

And I always consider who or where I get my information from.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
since you often correct the spelling of others, such as dr franklin, by sarcastic jokes I would like to point out the 'injest' is spelled 'ingest'.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

I stand corrected.