Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 238
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You have to remember that...
I don't have to do anything of the sort. I don't believe that, myself, and, apparently, I'm not much of a follower of the predominant crowd.

One god with three faces? Absurd
Three gods of one body? Absurd.  
Three gods as three individuals. Common sense, but not many believe it. I do.

A god we euphemistically call "father," but we, his children, will not grow to become like him? Absurd, but most believe that. I do not.

Jesus, a mortal man, literally begotten by God, who is a spirit. That Jesus died and was resurrected into a new, perfect physical body many saw and touched, yet is now disembodied because his father is just a spirit? Many believe that. I do not. God, the father is a physical embodied holy man, as is Jesus Christ, and as we will ultimately be, after death and resurrection. Common sense. Not religious mumbo jumbo that is supposed to Christianity.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@949havoc
No idea what any of that ramble has to do with anything I said but thanks for passing it on appreciate it.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You told me I have to remember about Christian beliefs, as if all believe the same things. I've demonstrated I don't believe half of what passes for Christianity because most of it requires belief in beings having no likeness to me or everybody else, yet we're supposed to be created in their image. I take God at his word about how our creation is supposed to be understood. I'm just trying keep hair-brained ideas out of the context of true religion.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@949havoc
Actually I didn't. What I told you was is that the atheist and anti-christians the post here are pos's about Christian beliefs but you took it as a personal insult to your own beliefs and that's fine cuz at this point I really don't give a crap. This is the second time you've gone and posted the complete opposite to what I said back to me just don't bother if you can't understand what I'm saying get it.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
And I'm saying that even Christians have difficulty with understanding that all Christians do not think the same. I'm merely expanding on your claim that only atheists and non-Christian theists believe all Christians think the same. I'm agreeing with you, Poly, I'm just expanding your scope.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
 I take God at his word about how our creation is supposed to be understood.

And what does god actually `say ` concerning "how our creation is supposed to be understood"?
When did he say it?
Who does he say it to?

I'm just trying keep hair-brained ideas out of the context of true religion.

What is true religion?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
As we've see many times before, many Bible inept pseudo-christians frequent this esteemed Religion forum, whereas it's latest entry is the ever so Bible stupid 949HAOC, which reminds me of ethang5's pseudo-christian style, where what he thinks he knows, he doesn't subsequent to easily correcting this Bible fool!  Its like these pseudo-christians in question peruse this forum to see who is the outstanding Bible ignorant of the lot, which is TRADESECRET, and then venture in to this forum to over take TRADESECRETS total Bible stupidity! Because of TRADESECRET'S mounting runaways from my godly inspired posts, I am getting close to actually having to hire a secretary to keep track of all of them which is my godly duty to do so, praise!
Typical cowardly behavior but we really shouldn't expect otherwise, should we?  

Name calling is what you are best at doing. 

Running away? 

I am still waiting for you to start a thread and ask a normal question on religion.  If you did what I ask - then you would not need a secretary. It would all be on one thread.  And that would be nice wouldn't? but given your fear of actually starting a new thread that actually is about a question on religion and not a question designed to attack someone's character I can understand your temerity to do so. 

Still - the ball is in your court. 

You may start. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Name calling is what you are best at doing. 

And pot calling kettle is what you are so hypocritically good at but at least he comes nowhere near you for vile and disgusting language towards others.

His so called "name calling" comes nowhere near the vile and disgusting things that you have dished out to others , does it Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete?

Tradesecrete wrote:  You are the swine that Jesus talks about. You are the pig.  #181
Tradesecrete wrote:  Stupid man. Dumb as fuck. #161
Tradesecrete wrote: the serpent, satan, whatever - he is the accuser and you follow after him. you are his disciple. From my point of view - he is slime. You know like the stuff we find after a snail has passed by. creepy.  disgusting. Ugly. \ #24
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
And what does god actually `say ` concerning "how our creation is supposed to be understood"?
Genesis 1, 2, 3, inclusive

John 17: 3

Romans 8: 16- 26

Just to highlight four of many passages answering your question

When did he say it?
As noted, at various times and places as noted

Who does he say it to?
To whom it is revealed, but more importantly, to all children of God.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@TheUnderdog
A careful reading of the bible and the application of grammatical principles reveals no real contradictions, the  alleged paradoxes , can usually be  addressed very easily.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@TheUnderdog
Yes, the contradictions start in the opening chapters of the Bible, where inconsistent creation stories are told. Genesis chapter 1 says the first man and woman were made at the same time, and after the animals. But Genesis chapter 2 gives a different order of creation: man, then the animals, and then woman.
Genesis chapter 1 lists six days of creation, whereas chapter 2 refers to the “day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.” Genesis 1:2-3 claims that God created light and divided it from darkness on the first day; but Genesis 1:14-19 tells us the sun, moon, and stars weren’t made until the fourth day.
Chapter 1 reports that the fruit trees were created before the man, while chapter 2 indicates they were made after him. Genesis 1:20 says the fowl were created out of the waters; Genesis 2:19 alleges they were formed from the ground.
Contradictions are also seen in the biblical story of a worldwide flood. According to Genesis 6:19-22, God ordered Noah to bring “of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort . . . into the ark.” Nevertheless, Genesis 7:2-3 relates that the Lord ordered Noah to take into the ark the clean beasts and the birds by sevens, and only the unclean beasts by twos.
Genesis 8:4 reports that, as the waters of the flood receded, Noah’s ark rested on the mountains of Ararat in the seventh month. The very next verse, however, says the mountaintops could not be seen until the tenth month.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret

Stephen,

We can only wonder in which dumbfounded of the Bible version of Tradesecret we are talking too when confronting the #1 Bible runaway of this forum!  Are we conversing with the "her/he/unknown/he" version or what?   

As shown, and as usual, in your post #38 you've easily exposed Tradesecret AGAIN in removing one foot to insert the other in being a blatant HYPOCRITE! Now, watch, they will now go into HIDING again as if your revealing post of "her/him/unknown/him" being a HYPOCRITE didn't even exist, just watch!   This is the ONLY way Tradesecret can get out of making themselves the Bible fool in not following Jesus' direct words of not being a "Potty Mouth." 

Seriously, when dealing with the #1 Bible Runaway Tradesecret concerning their complete Bible ineptness, "her/he/unknown/he" makes it so easy for us, whereas it is like shooting fish in a barrel!
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret

TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a woman to a man, and then to unknown, and now back to a man, the Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity he/she/unknown follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding Noah's ark, the pseudo-christian that says kids that curse their parents should be killed, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19 and 2 Timothy 4:3, AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT, and obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, an embarrassed LIAR of their true gender, and goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, has turned into a HYPOCRITE, and a LIAR, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks,

YOUR QUOTE IN TRYING TO GET OUT OF YOUR EMBARRASSMENT OF BEING THE #1 BIBLE RUNAWAY FOOL UPON THIS FORUM: “I am still waiting for you to start a thread and ask a normal question on religion."

WAIT!, okay, since I have a thread in progress at this time, where the pseudo-christians like you run away from it, and to show what little standing you have left within this forum that you are to "try" and build upon instead of diminishing it with your Bible stupidity, Jesus in prayer said to ask you a question relative to said thread and link shown below, praise Jesus!

“For Single Men that are looking for a wife!”

QUESTION:  Was my topic of the thread above, and the following direct passages stated by Jesus, misogynistic towards women in being 2nd class citizens at best within the scriptures, and are the godly inspired said passages to embarrassing to pseudo-christians like YOU, and that is the reason that YOU had to sheepishly stay away from this thread?

TRADESECRET, which excuse, or combination thereof,  will you use shown below to RUN AWAY from your simple assignment as stated above?

1. To SCARED to respond?  
2. Can't address this threads topic and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath?  
3. I know, you know that I have forgotten more about the Bible than you will ever learn, therefore you will again RUN AWAY from this post?
4. You think that why should you “try” and address this question to be made the Bible fool again?
4. Agreed, you don't want to go into HIDING again if you address this post, because you know I will once again make you the Bible fool?
5. Okay, you don't want to add to your ever growing list of RUNNING AWAY from me because it is totally embarrasses you again at 105 posts and counting?
6. You get tired of wiping the egg from your face after I easily "school you" regarding you being Bible stupid?
7. I get it, you don't want to be shown contradicting Jesus' direct words AGAIN like you've done so many times? LOL
8. You just can't deal with Jesus' direct words in this thread, therefore you will have to run away from them AGAIN and hide?

TRADESECRET, ADDRESS SAID QUESTION ABOVE, OR RUN AWAY FROM IT AGAIN IN FRONT OF JESUS AND THE MEMBERSHIP IN TOTAL DISGRACE!!!

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Stephen,

I am pleased you are able to read.  

You are the swine that Jesus talks about.  Absolutely.  That is not me calling you a name. That is me applying the words of Jesus to a person in the context who loves to tramp over the words of God.  If you can't tell the difference, it does not surprise me.  

Yes, I did say you you were dumb as @#$. Again I don't deny it.  It is the truth.  Yet, I should not have used that language. I apologized.  For me that is the end of it. That you want to keep holding it against me is small minded and petty. Yet, again that simply goes with your character. Small minded and petty. 

Referring to you as the slime after a snail.  Again - not my best language - but it describes you to a tee.  

I could care less for your words - as I have said - words are words - water of a duck's back.  Yet that does not mean that words cannot be used meanly or incorrectly. I think it behooves us to use better words for persuasion. 

Yes, I have indicated you are a bully. And again I don't regret saying that. My point was not that you made me upset - or some kind of victim.  It was a reflection of your character.  I prefer to discuss things with people who like to think and argue about facts - not the person.  And very often I have been sucked into your little world and have played your little game. It does not mean I have to like it or continue it. There are plenty of people on this site who actually know how to argue and read the bible.  and are not out to belittle Christianity or Islam at every opportunity they get.  You are not one of them.  And your alto egos Brother and your now silent ego Timid simply reflect your views. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I am not scared to respond to a religious question. Please ask.  And start your own thread.  

I am not going to respond to your personal attacks.

I can't be bothered. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I have not looked at that thread - why would I? It seems to be addressed to single men. And single men looking for a wife.  It did not arouse my interest. 

And it was not a question. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
Genesis 1, 2, 3, inclusive

John 17: 3

Romans 8: 16- 26

Just to highlight four of many passages answering your question

Nope. Those verses answer nothing in regards to "how creation is to be understood" . What they do is offer are more contradictions. Well done on proving  how stupid you are and me to be correct.

When did he say it?
As noted, at various times and places as noted

Nope. Nothing shows they are the words of god and where these verses where supposed to have been spoken not to mention where they were written.

Who does he say it to?
To whom it is revealed, but more importantly, to all children of God.

So on the one hand you do not accept that the bible was wrote by god but on the other you will accept that people wrote down what only they believe they heard god say. Another fail.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret

You are the swine that Jesus talks about.  Absolutely.  That is not me calling you a name. That is me applying the words of Jesus to a person in the context who loves to tramp over the words of God.  If you can't tell the difference, it does not surprise me.  

Referring to you as the slime after a snail.  Again - not my best language - but it describes you to a tee. 
 Yes, I did say you you were dumb as @#$. Again I don't deny it.  It is the truth. 

Only because you cannot deny it. But are quick to accuse others of "name calling"  and bullying. Read you bible reverend, Jesus coverers your type of hypocrisy in some detail.     There again , Jesus also tells his disciples to be snidey and two faced too, doesn't he? At least you have that instruction down to a tee like many Pastors and Chaplains do.

You are a first degree  hypocrite, Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete. 

Off you go. And get well soon all three of you🤣

ethang5
ethang5
As we see, whenever a supposed Bible "contradiction" is claimed, and the Christian offers a resolution, the atheist simply oozes to yet another supposed "contradiction". Why don't they ever hash out the original claim?

If the offered Christian resolution is faulty, why not say so before oozing to another "contradiction"?

I suspect that most of the people offering up "contradictions" are not honestly doing so, and have an agenda. If you took your time to bring up what you think is a contradiction, why are you not interested in resolving it one way or the other?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
I'm just trying keep hair-brained ideas out of the context of true religion.

What is true religion?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a woman to a man, and then to unknown, and then back to a man, and then went to unknown again,  the Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity he/she/unknown follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding Noah's ark, the pseudo-christian that says kids that curse their parents should be killed, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19 and 2 Timothy 4:3, AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT, and obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, an embarrassed LIAR of their true gender, and goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, has turned into a HYPOCRITE, and a LIAR, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks, has now changed genders 5 TIMES in their profile page, 

Which Bible stupid Tradesecret are you at this time, where you have changed your genders 5 TIMES now in your profile page, as the embarrassing link below explicitly shows at your laughable expense! Therefore, are you the “female," "male," "unknown," "male," or "unknown" version?”  LOL!

Barring your deceptive childlike excuses to RUN AWAY from my question below, as you usually do, what part of my quote to you relative to the thread in question as shown below didn’t you understand?

QUESTION:  "Was my topic of the thread above, and the following direct passages stated by Jesus, misogynistic towards women in being 2nd class citizens at best within the scriptures, and are the godly inspired said passages to embarrassing to pseudo-christians like YOU, and that is the reason that YOU had to sheepishly stay away from this thread?"

As I had proposed, and which came true AGAIN in your behalf, you would use yet another one of your simpleminded excuses to RUN AWAY from Jesus' inspired words in your posts #45 and #46, therefore as shown below you are GUILTY of the following in bold and underlined type runaway propositions that I had shown you in my post #43:

1. To SCARED to respond?  
2. Can't address this threads topic and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath?  
3. I know, you know that I have forgotten more about the Bible than you will ever learn, therefore you will again RUN AWAY from this post?
4. You think that why should you “try” and address this question to be made the Bible fool again?
5. Agreed, you don't want to go into HIDING again if you address this post, because you know I will once again make you the Bible fool?
6. Okay, you don't want to add to your ever growing list of RUNNING AWAY from me because it is totally embarrasses you again at 105 posts and counting?
7. You get tired of wiping the egg from your face after I easily "school you" regarding you being Bible stupid?
8. I get it, you don't want to be shown contradicting Jesus' direct words AGAIN like you've done so many times? LOL
9. You just can't deal with Jesus' direct words in this thread, therefore you will have to run away from them AGAIN and hide?

Tradesecret, your problem is the fact that your ever so wanting intellect is not allowing you to factually realize that you should be totally embarrassed about your blatant runaway status within this forum, and for that, I and others will continue to make you the Bible stupid runaway fool that are!  Sorry.  :(

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
It means what it says. really?
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@ethang5
As we see, whenever a supposed Bible "contradiction" is claimed, and the Christian offers a resolution, the atheist simply oozes to yet another supposed "contradiction". Why don't they ever hash out the original claim?
Timid your back! Check this out.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Bones
I'm not an alter of Timid or timid in the least.

Checked out your list, and if you think those are contradictions you're not intellectually able to engage in this convo.

And if you aren't embarrassed to offer  such stupidity as evidence, nothing I can say will help you.
Bones
Bones
-->
@ethang5
Do you want to debate or are you just going to talk your talk? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Bones
Sorry Bones, I simply cannot take your claims seriously. If you really think Jesus was telling His followers to mutilate themselves you aren't intelligent enough to be worth talking to.

I do not debate flat earthers, or Jehovah witnesses, or people who think Genesis 1 and 2 are different creation stories. I do not debate people who take the most ludicrous childish interpretations of the Bible. There is no need to debate them as they are either being dishonest or are too stupid to be worth the effort.

Either way, no reasonable person buys their hogwash anyway, not even atheists. Now, if you have something sensible, we can talk. Otherwise, you and your agenda will remain unmolested by me.
Bones
Bones
-->
@ethang5
@Stephen
@BrotherDThomas
Sorry Bones, I simply cannot take your claims seriously
Should be a very easy win for your not-so-healthy win loss ratio then!

I do not debate flat earthers
Sorry I'm not a Christian, if that's what  you are alluding to. 

Either way, no reasonable person buys their hogwash anyway, not even atheists.
I can call upon some atheists to see what they think. 

Now, if you have something sensible, we can talk. Otherwise, you and your agenda will remain unmolested by me.
Sure, let's be sensible. Let's do this in a debate environment, where our win/loss is on steak and where our feud is on public display. 

I'll send you a challenge. You've done your talking. You've called me ludicrous child. But can you can you walk the walk? 
Bones
Bones
-->
@ethang5
Challenge sent. Will you run or will you fight? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Bones
Should be a very easy win for your not-so-healthy win loss ratio then!
Besting a cripple is not really a boasting point.

Sorry I'm not a Christian, if that's what  you are alluding to.
If you're sorry you're not a Christian, why do you continue to be sorry? Do you live in a Muslim country that bans conversions?

I can call upon some atheists to see what they think.
You think Stephen and DeeDee are reasonable? Lol!

Sure, let's be sensible.
That would be nice for a change.

Let's do this in a debate environment, where our win/loss is on steak and where our feud is on public display. 
I have no "feuds" with you.

You've done your talking. You've called me ludicrous child. But can you can you walk the walk? 
I did not call you a ludicrous child, I said your list of contradictions, which predate you, were the most ludicrous and childish interpretations of biblical verses.

I'll send you a challenge.
Sorry, I still cannot take you seriously, your "contradictions" lack common sense. Since I cannot believe you're that stupid, my only recourse is to believe you aren't being honest.

If you knew me, you'd know that I cannot be goaded, and I do not play to audiences.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
When you ask a theological question - that is not personal, then I will choose to answer.  Until then, we all just will get on with our lives.  

If you wish to remain a tool - go for it. 

No one has to play your games.  And I won't.