How hypocritical 99% of society is

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 150
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
They should both carry equal penalties under the law.

For example, video of children speaking ill of their own parents (or even parents in general) should be censored in the same manner and with the same urgency as bestiality.
If you have read the book of Leviticus, you would know what a ridiculous statement that is - if you are seeking to apply consistent principles of textual interpretation of course.
Can you be slightly more specific ?
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Why? Even if it did somehow require equal punishment under the law, that wouldn't change the fact that bestiality is immoral.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Why? Even if it did somehow require equal punishment under the law, that wouldn't change the fact that bestiality is immoral.
Well, there appear to be some subtle, yet rather important distinctions between degrees of "immoral" and I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page.

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, there appear to be some subtle, yet rather important distinctions between degrees of "immoral" and I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page.
The original question was question whether bestiality is immoral or not. If we agree that it can be categorized as "immoral," then the degree of immorality is irrelevant. We have already answered the original question.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
The original question was question whether bestiality is immoral or not. If we agree that it can be categorized as "immoral," then the degree of immorality is irrelevant. We have already answered the original question.
You're overlooking the foundation, the moral bedrock.

HOW exactly did you reach that conclusion (the bible tells me so) and HOW exactly can we determine the degree of "immorality" of any particular act ?

The degree seems to be salient, since the text you referred to presents parental-contempt and bestiality exactly the same.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
ALSO,

Does the holy scripture perhaps explain when and where it is appropriate to inflict pain and discomfort on other living creatures ?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Determining if something is immoral is more foundational than determining how immoral something is.

Does the holy scripture perhaps explain when and where it is appropriate to inflict pain and discomfort on other living creatures ?
How is this relevant to the clear command not to engage in bestiality?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Determining if something is immoral is more foundational than determining how immoral something is.
Determining WHY something is immoral is more foundational than interpreting text.

I read an old book.

The book says "A person who cooks beasts and birds alive is cooked alive in boiling oil by Yamadutas here, for as many years as there were hairs on the bodies of their animal victims."

But this book doesn't go into a lot of detail as to exactly WHY this behavior is immoral and or WHY it should be punished.

Following a book works great if the book EXPLICITLY details every possible moral violation (and sadly this does not appear to be the case).

The book would work much better if it simply revealed the CORE MORAL PRINCIPLES (CoMoPr) on which these otherwise rather arbitrary edicts are founded.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
How is this relevant to the clear command not to engage in bestiality?
It seems likely that one of the two admonitions might be redundant.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Bestiality is not condemned because of the pain or discomfort caused to the animal.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
why is it condemned?

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@drlebronski
1. Because God says so.
2. Because it goes against the natural order. Sex is reserved for a married man and woman - a human man and woman.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Bestiality is not condemned because of the pain or discomfort caused to the animal.
Perhaps the neighbors filed a noise complaint ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Because it goes against the natural order. Sex is reserved for a married man and woman - a human man and woman.
If you could write laws, in order to make them as much like your god intended, would you treat all portrayals of non-married and or non-hetero sex (including implicit sexual relationships and or references to self abuse) exactly the same as bestiality ?

ANd if not,

WhY not ?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Are you agreeing that the Bible considers bestiality an immoral act to some degree? Because the fundamental issue is if bestiality is immoral.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
2. Because it goes against the natural order. Sex is reserved for a married man and woman - a human man and woman.
What is wrong with a man and a man or two women? Do you perhaps see them as wastes of time that amounts to nothing substantial or are you just openly homophobic, or what?

I mean, animals can't consent to human sex, just like why pedophilia is incorrect(Children can't consent). However, saying that sex is between a man and a woman isn't the full picture as there are extremely many examples of two men consenting and those consents matter.

Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Intelligence_06
Do you perhaps see them as wastes of time that amounts to nothing substantial or are you just openly homophobic, or what?
By homophobic, are you implying I have an irrational fear of homosexuals?

I mean, animals can't consent to human sex, just like why pedophilia is incorrect(Children can't consent).
So consent is the only issue with bestiality? Meaning if animals could somehow consent, there would be no longer any moral barrier from having sex with them?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
So why do you believe that sex should be between a man and a woman, and not two men nor two women?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Intelligence_06
You didn't answer my questions.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Are you agreeing that the Bible considers bestiality an immoral act to some degree? Because the fundamental issue is if bestiality is immoral.
I'm agreeing that the holy scriptures consider bestiality to be exactly as bad as parental contempt.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
You do an excellent job at answering questions I don't ask while ignoring the questions I do ask.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
You do an excellent job at answering questions I don't ask while ignoring the questions I do ask.
We agree on the text.

You picked the text.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
Where did I agree that bestiality is exactly as bad as contempt for parents? I asked a specific question and you responded by making a false assertion that didn't actually answer the question.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Where did I agree that bestiality is exactly as bad as contempt for parents? I asked a specific question and you responded by making a false assertion that didn't actually answer the question.
The exact same phrasing "cursed" is used to condemn bestiality and parental contempt.

And by the way, "honor your mother and father" also appears to share equal gravity with "thou shalt not kill" in the decalogue.

Your holy scripture seems to lack some fundamental precision.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
You did it again. You are answering a question I did not ask while ignoring the question that I did ask.

My question:
Where did I agree that bestiality is exactly as bad as contempt for parents?
Your response:
The exact same phrasing "cursed" is used to condemn bestiality and parental contempt.

And by the way, "honor your mother and father" also appears to share equal gravity with "thou shalt not kill" in the decalogue.

Your holy scripture seems to lack some fundamental precision.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
My question:
Where did I agree that bestiality is exactly as bad as contempt for parents?
You implicitly agreed when you delegated your sense-making to the holy scripture (deuteronomy twenty seven).

Now you are locked into finding a distinction between the two admonitions in the same holy text.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
You implicitly agreed when you delegated your sense-making to the holy scripture (deuteronomy twenty seven).

Now you are locked into finding a distinction between the two admonitions in the same holy text.
By rejecting God, you have implicitly agreed to abandon any foundation for morality other than personal opinion. That means you cannot say bestiality - or any other depraved and wicked behavior such as pedophilia and rape - is an action people should not engage in if they want to.

You have also implicitly agreed to abandon reason by denying the undeniable existence of the God who created the entire universe.

Now you are locked into trying to find purpose and meaning in a purposeless and meaningless universe.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Look, I'm perfectly willing to believe in an all powerful omnipotent omniscient creator of all things.

That's fine.

That's good.

I just want to figure out what this APOOCOAT wants me to do.

You seem to think you know what APOOCOAT wants me to do.

So I'm asking you, how can I figure this out when you're not around for me to ask ?
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@3RU7AL
We agree that you have no foundation to tell anyone not to engage in bestiality, pedophilia, or rape if they want to.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
We agree that you have no foundation to tell anyone not to engage in bestiality, pedophilia, or rape if they want to.
I'll just wave an old book in their face like you do.