Author: Mesmer

Total: 66
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
-->
@dfss9788
No lol.

We've obviously both read Ryan Faulk's TheAlternativeHypothesis' website article on the existence of race (hence the same studies): The Existence of Race – The Alternative Hypothesis . Ryan's work is a favourite for race realists because it's super good and thorough, so it's not surprising that someone else has used it. I usually see it be quoted by someone else on all the other political discussion websites I've been on.

The moderators also say that our IP don't match and that there isn't any "hard evidence" for this conspiracy, if that helps you: Don't make callout threads, just post defamatory criminal accusations to another person's thread (debateart.com) 
dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
-->
@Mesmer
This is possible. Yet, that both accounts would call it the "continuum fallacy" and then respond with the same study strikes me as an extraordinary coincidence. I will continue to investigate as I like to play detective.
Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
As someone who's worked in the criminal justice system for 22 years there most certainly is institutional racism within the criminal justice system.
This is not a good argument at all. What you perceive to be 'systemic racism' might not actually be it -- this is the problem with making inferences.

I also have no idea how you think you're an authority on this, given that you're one person with a small sample size and the above problem. 

This is an appeal to authority based on faulty reasoning.

You can't have racist in the system and not have a racist system. Criminal justice covers police officers, probation officers, parole officers, judges,prosecutors, defense attorneys and any system or service that a criminal will come into for. So now you're looking at rehabs, day programs, halfway houses things of that nature. A lot of those systems work on certain areas of town or bad, the names of certain families are bad, the police often work on there's no such thing as rehab or rehabilitation and will target people and considering that whites have been in position to hold these jobs over the years African Americans are targeted. And that doesn't even address the problems of these systems protecting their own when they screw up to protect their image so now you have a system where if you don't want racism or problems you still cover those up because you don't want to look bad.
This is based on virtually nothing lol.

We have the data and research to show that cops and criminal justice procedures aren't racially biased. Yes, you'll get the super rare egg that'll just hate Black/White people for whatever reason. But that isn't systemic racism. That's just individuals being racially biased (if that indeed happened, which we're not even sure of because your evidence is literally anecdotal and inferential).
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mesmer
You're free to be in ostrich and hide your head in the sand but those of us that work in the system know better thanks and who's going to walk into an interview and say yeah I'm racist I like arresting black people more than white people.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Mesmer
I think the human condition would simply be too prickly for you to adapt industrialization to humans to the parity/better degree necessary than evolving humans past their prickly nature.

We have the same premise. Industrialization can't adapt to human nature. The mainstream solution is to adapt humans through medication as one example and their are other opiates for the masses as well, to suppress their nature. We agree here, I think you misunderstand me. I was criticizing the cure you suggest, which seems worse than the disease. deindustrialization solves for all the same problems, and has the benefit of being more predictable. Post humanism may never happen, and perhaps it won't happen in any way you would predict, and is certainly out of your control

This is absolutely a semantics game lol.

"Extinction" evokes emotions of death and meteors smashing into the planet wiping out life. That's the emotion you're attempting to latch on to. Whilst you're technically correct, you could simply use the word 'evolved' and be as technically correct.

It's similar to how Neanderthals evolved into humans. Yes, Neanderthals technically went extinct, but they evolved into something better. They didn't all die in horrible ways in a life-ending event. Neanderthals that have never existed aren't upset about not being alive.

What you're doing is filtering your human experience (i.e. "preservation instinct") and transposing it onto potential future humans that don't have to exist. These potential future humans won't miss existing if they never existed at all.

No, not the way I intended. Posthumanism would be a very pleasant extinction. Perhaps swapping out tiny pieces of your soul, gladly and overtime. A computer chip to replace your brain, here and there. Kind of like a ship of Thesseuss type thing, to bring us into posthumanism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

This extinction would not be similar to how neanderthals evolved into humans, because neanderthals died in a more gradual way (if we buy your theory of evolution) . Posthumanism could happen in our lifetime. Me and you, we are transhumanists, but we could also be posthumans in this lifetime, if we have some sort of runaway artificial intelligence explosion. A technological singularity.

So no. The extinction I talk about, would be gradual. It would happen to us, not our children. It would be pleasant, and it would be voluntary. None of those things, means it is a good thing.

You have already died mesmer. The you that was a child, is unrecognizable from the you that exists now. For all intents and purposes, the child that used to be you, is dead. It's sad. I'm sure as a child you were pleasant and adorable. Now that child is dead. It's a sad thing, perhaps you can fool yourself into thinking that child did not die, because remnants exist.

In a posthuman world, yes the death would also be gradual, but no remnants would remain, beyond perhaps the memories. You'll be the new theseus, but none of the old pieces will remain. It's worse for you though. With posthumanism, you aren't swapping out old pieces for new ones. You are swapping out old pieces for different and new pieces. You'll be dead.

I don't think transhumanism and posthumanism can be used interchangeably

I don't want to embarrass you. However, perhaps these terms don't work how you think they do. Transhuman, refers to the state of humans between natural humans and the post humans, theorized to be replacing us. With phones already replacing regions of out brains, it can be said we are already in the transhuman phase of evolution. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/surprising-ways-smartphones-affect-our-brains-our-lives-ncna947566

transhumanism is just shorthand for this belief in the same philosophy of posthumanism. There is no transhumanists, vs posthumanists. Both transhumanists optimistic about posthumanism and those skeptical of it, would get the same umbrella term of transhumanist.

I'm not sure it's necessary that humans will lose all power over transhumanist advancements.

I want you to read this now. It will only take a few hours. We have lost control of technology. It controls us, not visa versa. Read this now, this is the intellectual opponents of transhumanists, not normies. In fact write to uncle Ted, he responds a lot, but do not write him without reading all of his work. All of it. You seem to acknowledge that we have lost control of technology by suggesting the solution to industrial society is posthumanism, which fixes the problems created by industrial society. Read, understand and respond to your real adversary. These other luddites, are easily swayed anyway.

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You're free to be in ostrich and hide your head in the sand but those of us that work in the system know better thanks and who's going to walk into an interview and say yeah I'm racist I like arresting black people more than white people.
You're still being illogical and aren't actually talking about systemic racism (despite me pointing all that out in my previous post to you). You are:

(1) Appealing to (your own) authority (logical fallacy)
(2) Using inductive logic to make concrete conclusions (logically fallacious)
(3) Ignoring the fact that we have far more objective metrics that already show no systemic racism
(4) Not actually arguing for systemic racism (you're arguing that individuals are racially biased/hateful, which I agree with anyway)

For the above reasons, we should reject what you are saying as illogical.