Shootings shmootings...

Author: keithprosser

Total: 99
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
My point was about being too fearful. The words are all there for anyone who wants to understand.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@keithprosser
On one side we have well-meaning individuals overly concerned by mass shooting (given the actual threat to society) and on the other side we have well meaning-individuals overly concerned about a wall for nothing more than a sense of protection (planes fly right over it). 

Imagine what we could do if we spent all that time and energy addressing heart-disease (the #1 killer of Americans), diabetes, or depression.
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@Greyparrot
"The vast majority of shooting sprees occur at gun-free sanctuaries."

Tugs at my heartstrings but I find the idea of gun-free sanctuaries is one of your finest political idiosyncracies.  Humans do not have the capacity to think such things into reality.  The people in the position to do so would have to control the points of entry and universally increase cost to make it more likely.  The reality is that idea is never going to be worth visiting again until technology renders firearms obselete.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Plisken
Or we can raise the value of human life by controlling population so that humans don't devolve into a feeding frenzy over scarce resources.

Mental health services too.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Plisken
Maybe technology will develop personal force-fields :D
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Greyparrot
 In truth, humans do have the capacity to think such things into reality, just not through ego. Having the ability to recognize imperative to their self, then to their family, then to their community, then to their nation and then to the relationship of their nation with the world while being respective in the opposite order of priority.  No law of man will be the source of such accomplishment.  
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@ethang5
Theist does not preclude liberal.

Generally, no, specifically in terms of the conversation, yes, in so much as the religions at large are Judeo Chrisitan or Islamic.  Those are not 'liberal' collective.

I did not say they were liberal.
What you say is irrelevant.  What they were, however, is, and at first blush, the collection of ideological murderers (include mass ones...) leans conservative by body count and perpetrator in recent decades.

What they say is not necessarily truth.

By what context?

It dealt with why they were troubled and why that trouble should result in mass murder.
To which you then blamed 'liberals', as though ISIS shooting up a gay nightclub might some how be justified.  

So you will block any conservative solution, all the while wailing at the people dying.
Which solution was that, exactly?  

Who imported them? Didn't you tell me the immigration was worth the deaths? Yet here you are, overflowing with crocodile tears.
I lament the fact that some one whom should not have owned a gun was given a pass to own one.  I have no need to address an issue you just thumbed your nose at, and brought no real substance too, "judging a majority by the actions of a minority" is bad policy, end of.

All you know to do is lay flowers and condemn guns. And stupidly wait for the next massacre while you condemn conservatives.
You are clearly not up to date on my stance toward "Gun Control".  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Ok, everyone, let's put our thoughts and prayers to work on this receding god problem! 
Your attempt to hide behind humor implies you are one of those individuals who are fearful.

What makes it humorous is it's truth.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
Forced abortion.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@FaustianJustice
Theist does not preclude liberal.

Generally, no,....
Never. Theist never precludes liberals.

I did not say they were liberal.

What you say is irrelevant.
While your mind reading skills may be impressive, I prefer you to address what I say, not what you think. Otherwise, debate yourself. If what I say is irrelevant, your "reply" is also.

What they say is not necessarily truth.

By what context?
Any. 

It dealt with why they were troubled and why that trouble should result in mass murder.

To which you then blamed 'liberals', as though ISIS shooting up a gay nightclub might some how be justified.  
Who brought the nice Isis moron here? Liberals did. You told me shipping immigrants here was worth the deaths we would get from the Isis swine among them. Don't tell me you've changed your mind?

So you will block any conservative solution, all the while wailing at the people dying.

Which solution was that, exactly?  
The common sense one. If you do not ship terrorists here by the busload, it's difficult for them to kill your innocent citizens dancing in a nightclub.

Who imported them? Didn't you tell me the immigration was worth the deaths? Yet here you are, overflowing with crocodile tears.

I lament the fact that some one whom should not have owned a gun was given a pass to own one.
You should also lament the fact that some one whom should not have been here in the first place was given a pass to be here.

I have no need to address an issue you just thumbed your nose at, and brought no real substance too, "judging a majority by the actions of a minority" is bad policy, end of.
Of course not, you've already told me the deaths are worth it. There's nothing for you to address. Prepare to send your condolences to the next one, and make tired statements about guns.

All you know to do is lay flowers and condemn guns. And stupidly wait for the next massacre while you condemn conservatives.

You are clearly not up to date on my stance toward "Gun Control".  
Clearly I'm not Hillery. But the 2nd is still law, so I'll be fine.
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
Never. Theist never precludes liberals.

Unless its a conservative doctrine, of course, of which Islam and Christianity qualify.  That is the context currently at play.  At least until a Wiccan shoots up... anywhere, really.

And that reason solely lay with them, and their personal outlooks and feelings, then trying to square it up with in many cases, a sense of right wing authoritarian resolve.  

Who brought the nice Isis moron here? 
He was born here, Ethan.  

You should also lament the fact that some one whom should not have been here in the first place was given a pass to be here.
The person... born on US soil... had no right to be here, regards to Pulse.  In the mean time, the most recent shooter, the Marine (you know, the liberal poster child...) should... what?  Timothy McVeight (another military mass murderer) should... what?  and Charles Whitman should.... what?  David Patrick Kelley should.... what?  Nikolas Cruz should.... what?    Hey, news flash, right now, the number one commiter of hate crime (and that which can be construed as mass murder) are um... oh, yeah, "rightwing".  Ya glossed that point, and they are citizens.  

All you know to do is lay flowers and condemn guns
When?  Please, find a post in which I have condemned guns.  Should be pretty easy, given my post history here and on DDO.  Since you aren't going to, and need to be spoon fed, let me help.

"I really don't care if people own guns".

Automatic, "assault" weapons, heck, if some one wants to shell out the dough for a SRAW, I only ask that the ordinance on hand at their home be dummy ammo, due to storage concerns.   
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@FaustianJustice
And that reason solely lay with them, and their personal outlooks and feelings, then trying to square it up with in many cases, a sense of right wing authoritarian resolve.  
No sir. The reason is that idiot liberals keep shipping in busloads of terrorists who then either kill citizens, radicalize them into terrorists, or anger them into extreme opposition.

2nd and 3rd gen are far more likely to be violent than real Americans. Right wing killers do not justify other types. And if we have right wing already killing citizens, that is even more reason not to import in even more killers.

If I listed for you all the non-right wing killers, one thread page would not be enough. So ease up with the fake listing.

The fact is inescapable. There is no reason to import 3rd world killers into the country, and certainly not in such numbers. The blood is squarely on the hands of the morons who think several hundred civilian deaths are worth the wonderfulness of having Aikmed molest our young women in America.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
The reason is that idiot liberals keep shipping in busloads of terrorists who then either kill citizens, radicalize them into terrorists, or anger them into extreme opposition.

There is no reason to import 3rd world killers into the country, and certainly not in such numbers. The blood is squarely on the hands of the morons who think several hundred civilian deaths are worth the wonderfulness of having Aikmed molest our young women in America.
How do you see America avoiding these things? Closing the borders and isolating ourselves from the world?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne
How do you see America avoiding these things? Closing the borders and isolating ourselves from the world?
Why is everything either-or to liberals? Can we not have immigration without importing people with cultures alien to western civilization?

Can we not give entry to descent people while keeping morons and terrorists out? Why do we have to import so many? Why should we not screen them? How can liberals not see these simple, common sense things?
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
Can we not have immigration without importing people with cultures alien to western civilization?
What cultures are acceptable in your opinion, it is it more an opinion of what cultures are not acceptable?

Why do we have to import so many?
What is an acceptable number from your view?

Why should we not screen them? 
How would you like to screen them beyond what we already do?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne
Can we not have immigration without importing people with cultures alien to western civilization?
What cultures are acceptable in your opinion, it is it more an opinion of what cultures are not acceptable?
Ones where women are not cattle and body parts are not lopped off for blasphemy.

Why do we have to import so many?

Why should we not screen them?

I would like to remove the terrorists before importing them. My President wanted to, but idiot liberals and their idiot judges delayed the process. Thank God for the supreme court.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne

Ones where women are not cattle and body parts are not lopped off for blasphemy.
So, places like Saudi Arabia (one of our allies) is unacceptable?

Funny.

I would like to remove the terrorists before importing them. 

That doesn't answer the question. I really want to know how you think that can be acheived.

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@keithprosser
I think we humans are very bad at estimating risks and dangers.  Cows kill a lot more people than sharks do.

The safest time to fly was probably right after 9-11 when security personel etc were super-motivated, but people waited, and thing went back to more or less just going throught the motions.

I bet every one of us does something (smoke, drink, drive a car)that is far more likely to kill us that a mass shooter is.

You're absolutely correct, but the thing is, we dont need to estimate these risks.
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@ethang5
No sir. The reason is that idiot liberals keep shipping in busloads of terrorists who then either kill citizens...

Is both irrelevant to your original suggestion, and assumes truth despite being demonstrably false.

2nd and 3rd gen are far more likely to be violent than real Americans
Fully explains why the prison system is full of 'real Americans' rather than a proportionate number of 2nd or 3rd gens, I suppose.

If I listed for you all the non-right wing killers, one thread page would not be enough. So ease up with the fake listing.
'Fake' listing?  Sorry sir, you may dismiss, you may hide, you may run, and you may deride, but in the end, it still leaves you 'wrong'.  

It started here:
It has nothing to do with God being driven out of society. Nothing at all.
You end here:
There is no reason to import 3rd world killers into the country, and certainly not in such numbers.

Do you care to return to your topic?  
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne

Are you trying to be obtuse, or are you doing it by accident?

Funny.
Now, tell us why its funny.

I would like to remove the terrorists before importing them. 

That doesn't answer the question.
It doesn't matter jeb, as I am not the one who will screen them. When the authorized, duly elected, competent officials tried to screen them, you idiots went apoplectic.

Even with the death and carnage, you dolts still will not admit that your liberal way doesn't work. Yo just keep bringing them into the country by the ton. No wonder so many people think liberals hate America and want it to collapse.

I even had one brain dead idiot tell me that immigration was worth the death of American citizens. How is that not true if you keep shipping in terrorists after the incidents?

See the wave of nationalism sweeping the world? Philippines, Brazil, Italy, USA, Hungary, Russia, Israel, Tanzania, Poland, Holland, Brexit, the list goes on, it's cause by you idiots and your idiot liberal policies. People are sick and tired of PC stupidity.

I really want to know how you think that can be acheived.
No you don't. Because you liberal idiots think only your way is right, and being obtuse doesn't suit you. If we don't import any criminals, or terrorists into the country, they can't mow down our citizens. How is that difficult to comprehend?

"Oh", the liberal will weep, "That's funny. We have to let in more than a hundred."
Why?
How would have America been worse if the morons who did 9/11 had been refused entry? Immigrant rights?

Pffffftt.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@FaustianJustice
No sir. The reason is that idiot liberals keep shipping in busloads of terrorists who then either kill citizens...

Is both irrelevant to your original suggestion, and assumes truth despite being demonstrably false.
Yeah. And you the other liberal apologists will keep spouting that line even as women are raped and people are killed.

2nd and 3rd gen are far more likely to be violent than real Americans
Fully explains why the prison system is full of 'real Americans' rather than a proportionate number of 2nd or 3rd gens, I suppose.
The prisons are, it just doesn't fit your narrative so your fake news media don't touch it. Oh, and the idiots tend to kill themselves after so prison is tough sell.

'Fake' listing?  Sorry sir, you may dismiss, you may hide, you may run, and you may deride, but in the end, it still leaves you 'wrong'.  
No sir. If there were more than 500 terrorist incidents in 2017, listing 6 out of that 500 by right wing extremists as "evidence" of right wing extremism is exactly the kind of obtuse stupidity countries all over the world are rejecting. I am right, but you, just like the German and Dutch police, cannot say so, because your PC stupidity won't let you "offend" any minority.

It started here:
It has nothing to do with God being driven out of society. Nothing at all.

Well, do you think it does? Or will you dodge that one too?

You end here:
There is no reason to import 3rd world killers into the country, and certainly not in such numbers.

I already know you think a few hundred dead Americans is worth getting Abdul here.

Do you care to return to your topic?  
Never left it. I know it makes you uncomfortable to have your PC nonsense exposed to sunlight, but that IS the topic slick. You can run if you want, but you can't change the topic.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5

Are you trying to be obtuse, or are you doing it by accident?

I take it you realize your standard eliminates more than you thought.

If we don't import any criminals, or terrorists into the country, they can't mow down our citizens. How is that difficult to comprehend?
How can you be sure you're not importing criminals and terrorists if you're not willing to stop immigration altogether?  The truth is you can't. Either this hasn't occurred to you, you aren't willing to accept it, or you're hiding your true position.

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Plisken
Merit based immigration and strict controls over areas of concern.
That's probably the best we could hope for.
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@ethang5

And we 'ship in' many hundreds of thousands that don't, never will, and serve America to its ends.  Fear is such a devalued coin, I am surprised you keep trying to spend it.

Yeah. And you the other liberal apologists will keep spouting that line even as women are raped and people are killed.
Predominaty by "true Americans" were I to understand you correctly.  Immigrants disproportionately commit crime in general.  They mostly leave it to te natives.

The prisons are....
Its just unfortunate reality that you can't actually demonstrate it, and instead blame some one else for your ill founded assertions.  Sorry 'fear' is not currency.

No sir. If there were more than 500 terrorist incidents in 2017, listing 6 out of that 500 by right wing extremists as "evidence" of right wing extremism is exactly the kind of obtuse stupidity countries all over the world are rejecting.

And if there were more than 37,000,000 million legal immigrants in the US that didn't do anything illegal, you can keep your ....what?  1.3 to the -5 incident of occurrence, assuming (as you seemingly don't want to say....) that those 500 incidents are world wide occurrences?  Yeah, to quote Yoda, "There is much fear in you."

Well, do you think it does? Or will you dodge that one too?
Answer it again, you mean.

Since you were unable to connect the dots: its the conservatives that are currently committing the acts, by and large.  Clearly, if God is being 'driven out', the thing that makes the most sense is to show how wrong everyone else is by doing his will.

Preferably with some variety of explosive, firearm, or in the more civilized societies, legislation.  That'll teach those Godless heathens.

Arbitrary benchmark is arbitrary.  Current conservative administration in the US has clearly demonstrated that the morality of such a dilemma is clear:  do we make money?  The answer is yes.  Keep them coming in.

You can run if you want, but you can't change the topic.
I agree.  And I have no desire to.

I will leave the topic to you: immigration or "God being driven out of society.".  Please choose wisely.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne
How can you be sure you're not importing criminals and terrorists if you're not willing to stop immigration altogether?  The truth is you can't. Either this hasn't occurred to you, you aren't willing to accept it, or you're hiding your true position.
Nonsense. We had immigration for decades without fear of terrorist incidents. How many times did a Japanese burst into a nightclub shooting people? How many times has a Dutchman attacked the police with a knife? How many Icelandic terrorists have rammed a car into a crowd?

And all of a sudden we can't be be sure we're not importing criminals and terrorists unless we stop immigration altogether? What changed?

I take it you realize your standard eliminates more than you thought.
And so what? No immigrant has a right to enter America. So what if Abdul is denied entry? So what? My standard eliminates moron terrorists. How is that a disadvantage?

Unless you hold some loony idea like immigrants have a right of entry or that America owes them entry, what is the disadvantage?

Merit based immigration and strict controls over areas of concern.
That's probably the best we could hope for.

And that is precisely what the liberals reject. You do not want strict controls, and you think every non-american has merit simply by wanting to come here. (See ACLU lawsuit)

You are the one hiding your true position. You want open borders, federal assistance given to all immigrants, no ICE, no border controls, heck, you don't even want theoretical borders. You too think a few terrorists is worth the liberal salve of having Akmed and his extended family here.

Hopefully, the country is not too far gone, and we can stop this insanity before we cross the line of no return. That's probably the best we could hope for.
disgusted
disgusted
According to a study based on the Global Terrorism Database, in 2017, 37 of 65 terrorist attacks in the United States were tied to right wing extremism, 11 attacks were tied to left wing extremism and 7 attacks were tied to Islamic extremism.[3]

We just gotta stop all them right wing extremists growing in the good ole SUA, they think that thang doesn't know they are actually immigrants in tea towels cos the look just like all the good ole boys in tea towels.
Stop them immigrants cos they kill fuck all, subsidise the good ole boys cos they kills heaps.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@FaustianJustice
And we 'ship in' many hundreds of thousands that don't, never will, and serve America to its ends. 
So what? The terrorists are worth the risk? The ones that won't have a right? It would be discrimination if they aren't let in? This is an insane argument. I'm talking about the ones that do commit acts of crime and terror. They are not justified by the ones that don't.

Fear is such a devalued coin, I am surprised you keep trying to spend it.
Neither is stupidity. And that is why the world is rejecting your inane argument. Some moron mows through a holiday crowd, killing 80 innocents, some idiots burst into an office, killing 12 innocents, and you charge the people saying that such people should not be let into the country with fear mongering. Are you stupid?

Immigrants disproportionately commit crime in general.  They mostly leave it to te natives.
So what? That is still MORE crime. Why do we need it? Because a burglar will not steal as much as your kid, he deserves to be in your house? It's worth it keeping him dry from the rain? What? The argument that immigrants commit crime less is offensively stupid. Immigrants should not commit crimes AT ALL, and the lives of my citizens are NOT worth the risk.

And if there were more than 37,000,000 million legal immigrants in the US that didn't do anything illegal, you can keep your ....what?
Lie. Pull the records of 37,000,000 immigrants and tell me you will find no rapes, assaults, fraud, robberies, or other crime. And we are talking illegal immigrants too slick. You know you want them all.

But to your question, We get to keep our hard earned money. We get to keep our nice culture, our women get to keep their security.

Clearly, if God is being 'driven out', the thing that makes the most sense is to show how wrong everyone else is by doing his will.
Says the anti-theist hypocrite. Are you aware you live in a society? You hate people doing His will. You oppose people doing His will. You misrepresent His will.

Arbitrary benchmark is arbitrary. 
Stop being stupid. Were a country sets it's immigration level is always arbitrary slick. There is really no reason to import 3rd world killers into the country, and certainly not in such numbers.

You can run if you want, but you can't change the topic.

I agree.  And I have no desire to.
Then you should stop trying to.

do we make money?  The answer is yes.  Keep them coming in.
We reject that mindset. We don't think immigration, or the money and or votes you liberals get from exploiting it, is worth one American life.

Please choose wisely.
We choose life. We choose America. We choose common sense. We choose culture and family.

Choosing votes and money is not wise. They have countries. Let them stay there. We owe them nothing.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
What do you plan to do about the good ole boys who kill 5 times as many muuuuurikans than them immigrant terrorists. How about one week every year we have open season on good ole boys, you know a cull.
Dangerous dem good ole boys.
ethang5
ethang5
The only culture liberals hate, is American culture.

- Ann Coulter

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
American culture.
Oxymoron?