Nigeria is racist and Black supremacist

Author: Mesmer

Total: 131
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
idk know what this thread is becoming at this point lol
Re-read the OP, realize that you were dumb for taking it seriously instead of the satire it clearly was, and then laugh at all the negative IQ idiots that are kvetching over what is clearly a satire thread.

This whole thread is proof that most people are too stupid for politics.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
   K.
Mesmer
Mesmer
  K.
Good boy.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ethang5
The OP did
I wasn’t responding to the OP, I was responding to you.

I've been to Nigeria several times, but I care about the logic in the argument. Mesmer, in this particular case, is correct. The logic that says American whites are racist because they hold all the power, applies equally well to the blacks in Nigeria.
Except that this is not the argument. You are focusing all of your energy refuting a strawman. Congratulations.

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@ethang5
The lack of homosexuals in positions of power was a supporting argument for claims of discrimination, not the argument itself. The argument itself was the litany of examples that every person who lived through the 90’s or before saw for themselves in addition to the litany of well documented examples of discrimination nationwide. It wasn’t exactly a secret.
The exact same things are true for Asians in Nigeria. You easily see it for homosexuals in America, but not for ethnic Chinese in Nigeria. Why?

I don’t know anything about Nigerian politics or it’s racial history so perhaps you can enlighten me… did blacks in Nigeria enslave the white population for 400 years, then free them into a society with no education, no resources to care for themselves and no compensation for the work they did to build the country’s wealth, then spend the next 100 or so years stopping them from voting, owning businesses, and buying their own homes, then suddenly and finally change the rules to make them facially neutral even though by that time the black population already controlled everything?
No. But is your point that discrimination, racism, and bigotry cannot exist absent that history? No one from 400 years ago is alive today. No one alive today can be blamed for 400 year old behavior.

The same things you point to as evidence for oppression in America against blacks, exist for oppression in Nigeria against Chinese Asians.

Mesmer's satire has exposed the hypocrisy in the American liberal's position.
+10,000 this.

This was exactly the intention of the OP.

These stupid shitlibs criticize White Americans for America being 'too White', but refuse to criticize Black Nigerians, Asian Chinese and pretty much every non-white country for exactly the same reasons. It just shows how anti-white these shitlibs are, too.

Anyone who isn't a zealot shitlib is going to see this thread, realize that the OP is satire and see the hypocrisy in the shitlib argument.

Total hypocrisy exposed in this thread.
Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm just gonna go ahead and fact check this for satire.
It's clearly satire lol.

The only idiots not realizing that are the shitlib anti-white zealots.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
And I assume this is like meta-satire? You’re good man, you’re good!

Let me try... Why are you such a fascist? You should be deplatformed. 

Hmm I’ll need to work on it. I have to come into my own.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Double_R
The OP did
I wasn’t responding to the OP, I was responding to you.
And I was responding to the OP which mentioned Nigeria.

I've been to Nigeria several times, but I care about the logic in the argument. Mesmer, in this particular case, is correct. The logic that says American whites are racist because they hold all the power, applies equally well to the blacks in Nigeria.

Except that this is not the argument. You are focusing all of your energy refuting a strawman.
The OP agrees with me. You are liberal, so you must run away from this argument.

Congratulations.
Thanks, but beating liberals at logic is nothing to be smug about.
Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
And I assume this is like meta-satire? You’re good man, you’re good!

Let me try... Why are you such a fascist? You should be deplatformed. 

Hmm I’ll need to work on it. I have to come into my own.
Yep.

The OP literally copy-pastes every shitlib argument and replaces every instance of 'White' with 'Black', 'American' with 'Nigerian'.

Spend a couple hours around shitlibs and you'll have every shitlib argument ready for satire in that time.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
Are you saying it doesn’t happen, or are you saying people should accept it? 

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
What exactly are you referring to?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
Social inequalities. 

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
Social inequalities. 
I'd say both that it does happen and people should just accept it.

Some people are just better at things than others. The world should be geared to making use of those talents and abilities, rather than trying to make everyone equal, because the less talented people can't do a whole lot, so you just end up hammering the talented people down.

Equality is such a lovely concept on the surface, but a sinister, bloodthirsty meatgrinder if you scratch at the surface a bit.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer

Yep.

The OP literally copy-pastes every shitlib argument and replaces every instance of 'White' with 'Black', 'American' with 'Nigerian'.

Spend a couple hours around shitlibs and you'll have every shitlib argument ready for satire in that time.

Social inequalities. 
I'd say both that it does happen and people should just accept it.

Some people are just better at things than others. The world should be geared to making use of those talents and abilities, rather than trying to make everyone equal, because the less talented people can't do a whole lot, so you just end up hammering the talented people down.

Equality is such a lovely concept on the surface, but a sinister, bloodthirsty meatgrinder if you scratch at the surface a bit.
1. You do realise you’re speaking in terms of skin pigmentation/ethnicity when it comes to talents and abilities like the literal Nazi’s did instead of looking at the individual regardless of colour. 

2. When I said social inequalities, I wasn’t referring to talents and abilities. By the way, you sound kinda marxist. 

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
1. You do realise you’re speaking in terms of skin pigmentation/ethnicity when it comes to talents and abilities like the literal Nazi’s did instead of looking at the individual regardless of colour. 
The Nazis were absolutely not race realists and were awfully unscientific with their approach to race. The Aryan race wasn't a scientifically proven superior race (Hitler wasn't Aryan himself). Hitler ordered the doctoring of IQ tests to be culturally biased when the Jews started doing the best on them -- this is not a man interested in racial reality.

Nazism is stupid. I am absolutely not a Nazi. Hitler wasn't a race realist.

I am talking in terms of phenotypic, genetic and heritable traits that various humans have. Unless you are horrifically stupid enough to think all groups of humans, despite evolving in different environments with different ancestors, evolved to be precisely the same, you should agree with me.

2. When I said social inequalities, I wasn’t referring to talents and abilities. By the way, you sound kinda marxist. 
First it was a Nazi, now it's a Marxist.

If you're just looking to slander with association fallacies, you can go find another person to harass. If you're interested in a productive conversation on this topic, I'm your person.

Up to you.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer

I am talking in terms of phenotypic, genetic and heritable traits that various humans have. Unless you are horrifically stupid enough to think all groups of humans, despite evolving in different environments with different ancestors, evolved to be precisely the same, you should agree with me.
You stated:

Do you think there a racial biases which are literally skin-deep? Yes or no. 

First it was a Nazi, now it's a Marxist.

If you're just looking to slander with association fallacies, you can go find another person to harass. If you're interested in a productive conversation on this topic, I'm your person.

Up to you.
You do realise I am associating them with what you’ve said in different regards, right? 

The Nazi one was about you talking about skin colour and ethnicity when it comes to talents and abilities.
While the marxist one was you talking about, “Some people are just better at things than others. The world should be geared to making use of those talents and abilities”, if you just take it at stated value.

Though it’s interesting you didn’t ask what I was actually referring to, instead focusing on perceived fallacies. 
Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
[no response]
I'm just going to assume that your lack of response is implicit agreement.

You stated:

Do you think there a racial biases which are literally skin-deep? Yes or no. 
No.

They are phenotypically and psychologically deep.

You do realise I am associating them with what you’ve said in different regards, right? 

The Nazi one was about you talking about skin colour and ethnicity when it comes to talents and abilities.
While the marxist one was you talking about, “Some people are just better at things than others. The world should be geared to making use of those talents and abilities”, if you just take it at stated value.

Though it’s interesting you didn’t ask what I was actually referring to, instead focusing on perceived fallacies. 
This label game is irrelevant to the discussion.

I'll be charitable and say this: I'm not a Marxist or Nazi.

That's the end of it. Go back to addressing the arguments.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
It’s a motte-and-bailey fallacy. Stick to what you were originally arguing. 

No.

Are you saying people don’t judge others based on how they look, including skin pigmentation due to preconceived biases and stereotypes?
Ask yourself, are you being honest?

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
It’s a motte-and-bailey fallacy. Stick to what you were originally arguing. 
You haven't demonstrated that this is true.

Again, just going to continue to assume you agree human biodiversity is a real thing.

No.

Are you saying people don’t judge others based on how they look, including skin pigmentation due to preconceived biases and stereotypes?
People do judge others based on how they look. People also judge others based on how they act.

Innate racial bias is one thing. Data-driven arguments which show certain groups of people are more prone to crime, and that this isn't a result of systemic racism, is another thing.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
People do judge others based on how they look. People also judge others based on how they act.

Innate racial bias is one thing. Data-driven arguments which show certain groups of people are more prone to crime, and that this isn't a result of systemic racism, is another thing.
The more you crack down on a group of people, the higher their crime will be. e.g. Black traffic stops go down at night due to cops not being able to see their ethnicity. What you’re arguing for is a self fulfilling prophecy. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101
The more you crack down on a group of people, the higher their crime will be. e.g. Black traffic stops go down at night due to cops not being able to see their ethnicity. What you’re arguing for is a self fulfilling prophecy. 

What a silly thing to argue, that Police arrests cause crime. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Greyparrot
These are due to “random” stops. 

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
The police aren't causing the people to be criminal lol. The police are responding to crimes being committed (which are actual crimes and not fake crimes caused by a systemically racist system: Systemic Racism in U.S. criminal justice is a myth (debateart.com) ).

That 2020 study you're vaguely referencing failed to control for confounding variables such as the fact there are less Blacks on the road at night (because they are more likely to live in the hood), carpool violations, individual police being racially biased thus making them stop only certain races (good luck controlling for that variable) and many other variables. You can't take the data facts of the 2020 and then make inferences from it without controlling for all the variables.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer
The police aren't causing the people to be criminal lol. The police are responding to crimes being committed (which are actual crimes and not fake crimes caused by a systemically racist system: Systemic Racism in U.S. criminal justice is a myth (debateart.com) ).
Blacks and whites consume cannabis at the same rate yet blacks get arrest far more for carrying it. Are you really that hard lined on criminality, or is it just due to your bias.

That 2020 study you're vaguely referencing failed to control for confounding variables such as the fact there are less Blacks on the road at night (because they are more likely to live in the hood)
There are less blacks on the road at night because they live in a neighbourhood? I assume you added that because most people are at home at night.
The study takes this into consideration. 

carpool violations
Do you have any statistics on that. I’m unable to find any. 

individual police being racially biased thus making them stop only certain races (good luck controlling for that variable) and many other variables. You can't take the data facts of the 2020 and then make inferences from it without controlling for all the variables.
You don’t need to look at the individual police officer to see there’s racial bias in policing. Are you saying there isn’t? If there is, what are you arguing exactly?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101
Blacks and whites consume cannabis at the same rate yet blacks get arrest far more for carrying it.

That's been debunked many times. Blacks regularly plea bargain down to a lesser drug possession crime because the state doesn't want to pay for a trial for felony assault etc. or other crime that went along with it. Not to mention that Blacks are more likely to keep committing crimes until the 3 strike rule is triggered because the underlying social issues in Democrat cities like single Motherhood and poor schools go largely ignored since Blacks have zero political lobbying power.
Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Reece101
Blacks and whites consume cannabis at the same rate yet blacks get arrest far more for carrying it. Are you really that hard lined on criminality, or is it just due to your bias.
[citation needed]

That 2020 study you're vaguely referencing failed to control for confounding variables such as the fact there are less Blacks on the road at night (because they are more likely to live in the hood)
There are less blacks on the road at night because they live in a neighbourhood? I assume you added that because most people are at home at night.
The study takes this into consideration. 
Not a "neighbourhood", 'the hood'. It's not a good idea to go out at night in these ghetto areas, and because Blacks are more likely to live in these ghetto areas, you're going to get less Blacks out at night. The specific graph from the 2020 study you failed to cite properly is data compiled only for Texas (not even close to the entire US), and parts of Texas (e.g. Houston) certainly have these ghetto 'hood' areas.

carpool violations
Do you have any statistics on that. I’m unable to find any. 
That's the point -- you don't have statistics on that. The 2020 study didn't control for that. You don't have an essential part of the argument you're trying to make.

individual police being racially biased thus making them stop only certain races (good luck controlling for that variable) and many other variables. You can't take the data facts of the 2020 and then make inferences from it without controlling for all the variables.
You don’t need to look at the individual police officer to see there’s racial bias in policing. Are you saying there isn’t? If there is, what are you arguing exactly?
Incorrect.

You need to make sure individual police officer discrimination isn't the cause of inequalities in police-interaction outcomes, otherwise you can't assume that these inequalities are a result of systemic racism (as opposed to individual police officers being racially bias).

I'm saying that's it's extremely likely that some police officers are racially bias and that effects their ability to police. What I'm also saying if that you've failed to differentiate that from your claim of systemic racism. In other words, a singular police officer being racially biased (if you can even prove that) doesn't prove systemic racism exists.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Greyparrot
That's been debunked many times. Blacks regularly plea bargain down to a lesser drug possession crime because the state doesn't want to pay for a trial for felony assault etc. or other crime that went along with it. Not to mention that Blacks are more likely to keep committing crimes until the 3 strike rule is triggered because the underlying social issues in Democrat cities like single Motherhood and poor schools go largely ignored since Blacks have zero political lobbying power.
At traffic stops?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101
Not sure about how banning traffic stops is going to solve the largely ignored single motherhood and substandard schooling problem, both of which are well documented precursors to criminal behavior and lower social outcomes as well.

But you might have a nuanced perspective.

Even if the data doesn't bother to differentiate people being arrested for other crimes while just happening to be in possession of a minor drug, reducing traffic stops will surely at least reduce the amount of crime reported by police on paper if they can ignore the 911 calls often enough.

And that's all that really matters: that it looks good on paper. Then you can report lower crime on election day to appease the lobbyists and campaign donors.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mesmer

[citation needed]
Weed consumption and arrest rates:

Racial disparities when it comes to drug arrests in general:

Traffic stops in general:

Not a "neighbourhood", 'the hood'. It's not a good idea to go out at night in these ghetto areas, and because Blacks are more likely to live in these ghetto areas, you're going to get less Blacks out at night. The specific graph from the 2020 study you failed to cite properly is data compiled only for Texas (not even close to the entire US), and parts of Texas (e.g. Houston) certainly have these ghetto 'hood' areas.
Here’s the study I was referring to: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-020-0858-1?proof=t

Why are you lying?

Incorrect.

You need to make sure individual police officer discrimination isn't the cause of inequalities in police-interaction outcomes, otherwise you can't assume that these inequalities are a result of systemic racism (as opposed to individual police officers being racially bias).

I'm saying that's it's extremely likely that some police officers are racially bias and that effects their ability to police. What I'm also saying if that you've failed to differentiate that from your claim of systemic racism. In other words, a singular police officer being racially biased (if you can even prove that) doesn't prove systemic racism exists.
Read though the sources I cited. 

drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@Reece101
@mesmer

You do realize individual actions influence systems?....right?

Also do you unironically think that black people live in the hood more because of genetics?