atheism is irrational

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 618
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Reece101

Yes, you do qualify. I should have listed your name. I was listing the people here with high reasoning ability. Higher reasoning calls for a higher-level ability to deal with truth and falsity.
FLRW
FLRW

After relooking at the members of this thread, I would like to add the following people I believe have high reasoning ability. They are Amoranemix,Ramshutu and Secularmerlin. There actually is a physical explanation for people with low reasoning ability. It is due to brain lesions.  A new study in the journal Neuropsychologia found that lesions in a particular brain region tend to increase religious fundamentalism
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Bones
That post was in response to a post in another thread and I know God damn well you know which one it is and I don't really give a s*** what you think about it, I really don't give a s*** if you wanted to debate, I really don't give a s*** what you think. I'm not here to engage with anybody in any sort of meaningful manner because when I got here and tried to do that I was told I was a f******mentally ill moron. So I don't care what you think or do if you want to debate do whatever you want to I'm not going to go do that because there's no point to it a perfect example of this is every post after yours and if you don't get it that's because you a biased ignorant bigot like the rest of them.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Wouldn't it be easier just to say all the other atheists and not try to list everybody that you believe is an atheist wouldn't that just be easier.
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I'm not here to engage with anybody in any sort of meaningful manner because when I got here and tried to do that I was told I was a f******mentally ill moron.
My first interaction with you was respectful; I asked you to simply evaluate your view. You then popped off about how all atheists are evil. Perhaps the reason you are told that you are a f******mentally ill moron is because those who try to engage in conversation get told that they could not "ever be repaired" and that they are inherently "evil". I think it's time for you to re-examine your character, because thus far you are simply littering this cite with your self-pitying, unproductive jargon.   

there's no point to it a perfect example of this is every post after yours and if you don't get it that's because you a biased ignorant bigot like the rest of them.
Well if I'm just a biased ignorant bigot and you are so much more intellectually able then me, you should swoop the floor on my in an intellectual debate. Of course, you wouldn't do though, because you are not a thinker - you are a polluter. 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Wouldn't it be easier just to say all the other atheists and not try to list everybody that you believe is an atheist wouldn't that just be easier.
Not all of us like generalising and labelling people who do not believe the same things as us. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch wrote: Major woo woo...Got my level one Reiki attunement today. #1

What are the 5 principles of Reiki?

Here's how to use these principles as daily mantras or guidance.
  • Recognize and release angry feelings. The first principle, “I release angry thoughts,” focuses on improving your relationship with anger. ...
  • Recognize and let go of worry. ...
  • Practice gratitude. ...
  • Recognize your own consciousness. ...
  • Practice kindness.
Polytheist-Witch wrote: That post was in response to a post in another thread and I know God damn well you know which one it is and I don't really give a s*** what you think about it, I really don't give a s*** if you wanted to debate, I really don't give a s*** what you think. I'm not here to engage with anybody in any sort of meaningful manner because when I got here and tried to do that I was told I was a f******mentally ill moron. So I don't care what you think or do if you want to debate do whatever you want to I'm not going to go do that because there's no point to it a perfect example of this is every post after yours and if you don't get it that's because you a biased ignorant bigot like the rest of them.#183

I see your study and training in the art of Reiki  is coming along just swimmingly, then , Witch. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Just living the stereotype for you Stephen. Really must upset you that the ancient aliens didn't leave any principles at all. What do you think the atheist say about you when you sit and kind of back them up but at the same time you believe aliens created everything and then flew away in their spaceship.LOL.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Actually, you should see the video: The Ancient Anunnaki Mystery - Proof of Ancient Aliens
The debate has been raging about the Anunnaki - not whether they exist - nor whether they have been to Earth - as the evidence of them being here is so overwhelming. The debate is whether they are still here today. The Anunnaki had bases around the world, but primarily in the Middle East - Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Iraq - and in India and South Africa.

There is more evidence for ancient aliens than there is for Jesus.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Soo complete deflection from my last post. But instead pass the buck to someone else. Education and reasoning are not mutually exclusive. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met are educated. Its been my experience educated people tend to not be able to think outside of what they have been taught. But rather regurgitate what they have been taught to think. "It's a wonder that any creativity survives a formal education"

sadolite
sadolite
Your beliefs  or even your reasoning don't define what kind of person you are or how smart you are, your actions do. If you have never done anything note worthy how smart are you really? If you have never done anything note worthy aren't you just a sheep that follows orders like the rest of the 99.9%
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
The Anunnaki had bases around the world, but primarily in the Middle East - Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Iraq - and in India and South Africa.

There is more evidence for ancient aliens than there is for Jesus.

The Anunnaki  (Anak -Anakim)are referenced in the bible . 

I might do a thread on these Mesopotamian gods one day.  You never know, it may turn out that they are the same gods that  we can read about in the Christian bible.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@FLRW
Have to hard disagree with you about Zed, they aren't the best with a good number of categories
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Atheism is no different than religion, Atheists believe what they believe and so does everyone else.
Believing something is not what religion means. Religion is about adherence to a deity, atheism is the lack of belief in a deity. They’re literally opposites.

Welcome to subjectivity, a world where nothing matters and there are no standards.
This is just pure projection. There is no link between subjectivity and whether something matters. And BTW, God does not solve subjectivity, all he could do is impose his subjective will on all of us.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Believing something is believing something, not believing something is not believing something. It does not matter what the belief or non belief of that something is. Religious people believe that some beliefs are objective thus creating common ground among those who share that belief regardless if it appears subjective to someone who does not share those beliefs. Atheists share no common ground other than the belief there is no god. Any attempt to create common ground would also be completely hypocritical because atheism by its definition means everything is subjective. An atheist cant tell another person what they are doing is wrong. There is no standard to measure wrong.  Religion with all of its faults at least isn't being hypocritical in establishing wrong from right as it has written text thousands of years old saying what is right and wrong. Atheism relies on what ever pop culture decides is wrong or right at any given moment. Right is what ever you think is right regardless of how many people are inured  and maimed by what you think is right. You can never really do anything wrong other than tell other people they are wrong because you are always right. All laws in society are subjective, why do you follow them? Fear of persecution? Sounds like religion to me.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 you believe aliens created everything

Nope: 

and then flew away in their spaceship.LOL.

No more fanciful than the comings and goings of  people and aircraft in the bible, Witch. And it is the ancients themselves that say these beings "left like migrating birds". I wouldn't know either way. 

So, when is it do you believe that you will achieve you level 2 Reiki attunement, Witch 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
Proof it's bigotry to just theists. Thanks.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Proof you have your own woo woo. Must be why you hate theists so much. You use the Bible to justify your ancient alien theory and then complain about the Bible. Yet the Bible is only used by Christians so all the other religions don't validate your belief therefore you hate all of them makes sense. Let people talk long enough and they tell you exactly what their bigotry comes from.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Proof you have your own woo woo.

Nope. Its only "proof" that there are other possible alternatives to the biblical one.

Must be why you hate theists so much. 

Nope. My problem lies with the scriptures. I am no too interesting that theists have a belief. Its what they believe IN that is of interests me. 

You use the Bible to justify your ancient alien theory

How ? 
And I don't have an "ancient alien theory"  but I have read and looked at these theories as much as I have the bible stories. Some of the bible stories appear to compliment the ancient tales of other gods of other ancient civilisations.

and then complain about the Bible.

I " complain" that the bible -especially the New Testament is a load of bollocks on the surface and in the way it has come down to us. Take away walking on water and feeding millions with ONLY a few fish and a few slices of bread and dead stinking years old corpses walking about and there is another story completely. A story of an ancient power struggle among the Jewish factions of the time and place.

Yet the Bible is only used by Christians so all the other religions don't validate your belief

Well if you have ever looked into the ancient phenomena, you would find immediately that  ALL religions speak of their so called "gods"  coming from the sky.   So I think they may "validate" each others religious beliefs of  the origins of their "gods" are concerned.

Where do your gods come from Witch?

Bones
Bones
-->
@Stephen
I see your study and training in the art of Reiki  is coming along just swimmingly, then , Witch. 
That's what happens when you study a false doctrine, Stephen. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Nope. Its only "proof" that there are other possible alternatives to the biblical one.
Being ancient aliens existed is woo woo.

Nope. My problem lies with the scriptures. I am no too interesting that theists have a belief. Its what they believe IN that is of interests me. 
That a complete lie. 

How ? 
And I don't have an "ancient alien theory"  but I have read and looked at these theories as much as I have the bible stories. Some of the bible stories appear to compliment the ancient tales of other gods of other ancient civilisations.
You just did a whole post using Bible text to justify your woo woo.

Well if you have ever looked into the ancient phenomena, you would find immediately that  ALL religions speak of their so called "gods"  coming from the sky.   So I think they may "validate" each others religious beliefs of  the origins of their "gods" are concerned.
That is not true at all. In the Norse religion they come from a planet.  A planet connected by bridge to Earth or at least Midgard.  Midgard is connected to Earth in the spirit world. Other than maybe the planet being somewhere out in the universe that's not the sky. The Norse gods walk on earth in the stores that they're in, nothing to do with them flying spaceships or anything else. In the Greco Roman religion they live on a mountain. Nothing about the goddamn sky. And just because of religion has stories for people are flying in the sky doesn't mean they came from the sky it means that they're able to fly with things like Pegasus and whatnot. You're just making things up to justify your ancient alien theory that you've probably got from some stupid Discovery History channel show. Since most of the religions don't have a book like the Hindus or the Jews and Christians and Muslims do there's absolutely no way you can say that their book verifies anything it's simply myths or fairy tales. And those can very greatly from region to region. The German gods aren't even exactly the same as the Norse gods and the Norse gods aren't even exactly the same as the Anglo-Saxon gods. So again you're just making things up to verify your position. Which is you believe ancient aliens created the Earth and then flew off in a spaceship nothing in any scripture verifies that. But you keep watching the History channel and their shows about religion and then claim to be some sort of you know genius at all the religions that verify your woo woo.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Bones
That's right only the Christians are correct not even the Jews that they base their religion on or the Romans that they based the religion on. What is the doctrine of energy again? Or yoga or meditation? I mean you guys know everything you should be able to just pop that right out.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Any attempt to create common ground would also be completely hypocritical because atheism by its definition means everything is subjective. An atheist cant tell another person what they are doing is wrong. There is no standard to measure wrong.
First of all, the idea of common ground has absolutely nothing to do with whether one believes in a god. Believing or not in a god also has nothing to do with objectivity vs subjectivity. These are categorically different things.

But more to the point, when it comes to matters of right vs wrong, religion offers no solutions to the problems it identifies in atheism. Religion does not offer an objective standard because the concept itself is incoherent. All it does is point to a god and claim he is the standard, but even if he exists he is just as subjective a standard as any other you can point to.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Well if you have ever looked into the ancient phenomena, you would find immediately that  ALL religions speak of their so called "gods"  coming from the sky.   So I think they may "validate" each others religious beliefs of  the origins of their "gods" .
That is not true at all. In the Norse religion they come from a planet. 

Would that planet be up in the sky or space  by any chance ,Witch?

Since most of the religions don't have a book like the Hindus or the Jews and Christians and Muslims do there's absolutely no way you can say that their book verifies anything it's simply myths or fairy tales. 

I agree. I simply said that they compliment and validate one another in the respect of "sky gods". ie they all seem to agree that their particular gods origins started from the sky. I have indicated nowhere that I agree with them.  And in fact the Hebrew god was also known as the mountain god too or was it god of the mountain? , but only after the migration of people from the Mesopotamian-region the original home of Abram/ Abraham -where the "gods" there were simply known as lords that had come down... from somewhere.

So again you're just making things up to verify your position.

I am not sure I have a position to make things up about, Witch. I simple question and scrutinise the bible that you  in fact are sure is made up of  nothing more than unadulterated "myth" and "fairy tails". It looks like were almost on the same page there , Witch. I will though, draw the line at invisible bridges that span from a planet in the sky down to earth. That sounds too much like Jacobs ladder , Witch.

Now, 
where do your particular gods come from , Witch?

Bones
Bones
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
That's right only the Christians are correct 
The Christians aren't correct on a lot of things.  
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
You ever heard of the ten commandments  from the Christion religion. All religions have suggested limits on behavior. Atheism does not. This is not an attack on atheism by the way. Religion or no religion society has abandoned all behavioral standards and tolerate any  kind of perverse and vulgar behavior from anyone in public. Society punishes virtue and rewards criminals.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
 I will though, draw the line at invisible bridges that span from a planet in the sky down to earth. That sounds too much like Jacobs ladder , Witch. 
Invisible? They see the bridge all the time. We call it the Northern Lights.  When you force myth into the monotheist mold you loose. And you'll have to be more specific with God that I worship / work with you want to know the origin of because they're all different they all come from different places some of them are in different tribes completely different backgrounds. Some don't even have origin myths so be specific which ones you want me to talk about and I will go ahead and address them individually.
sadolite
sadolite
Just face it, the human race is doomed when ones reasoning is to dismiss entire demographics of people as being useless and unworthy of being part of society and having no say in it because they believe something you don't. Its a two way fucking street assholes. Not directed at anyone but everyone. We all fear having our views put to a vote and not having the world and everything in it go our way. So what do most  do, demonize their neighbor marginalize them and assassinate their character, intelligence reasoning abilities.
FLRW
FLRW

Ancient carvings depicting dinosaurs with humans… Fossilised tracks of dinosaurs and man – side by side... Were the dinosaurs killed off by a cosmic collision as many scientists suggest? Or might they have been deliberately exterminated? While scientists have been studying dinosaur fossils for nearly 200 years, they continue to discover more information about dinosaurs, the way they lived and what happened to them. Meanwhile, ancient astronaut theorists believe there may be an otherworldly connection to their origin… and their demise.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 I will though, draw the line at invisible bridges that span from a planet in the sky down to earth. That sounds too much like Jacobs ladder , Witch. 
Invisible? They see the bridge all the time. We call it the Northern Lights. 

So you believe then that the aurora borealis caused by collisions between electrically charged particles released from the sun that enter the earth’s atmosphere and collide with   nitrogen & oxygen gases,  is a bridge between a planet in the sky and earth? 

What is the "bridge of light" used for?
Who uses it? 
Who is "we"?  

When you force myth into the monotheist mold you loose.

And who is it that has done that?

And you'll have to be more specific with God that I worship / work with you want to know the origin of because they're all different they all come from different places some of them are in different tribes completely different backgrounds.

But you are silent about the god that you worship. So simply tell  me where your own particular god or gods originate? 

Some don't even have origin myths so be specific which ones you want me to talk about

Just your own god will do for now. Tell me of its origins.