The DA/DART/DarC Cliques and a theme tune+video for each.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 66
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
THIS IS A 3-PART-POST DUE TO CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE WAIT A FEW SECONDS BEFORE POSTING

We originate from DDO, there's no question of that but both due to the religion-forum having equal say from the get-go to a series of events unfolding that led to a different ecology and thus social food-chain here, not only is RM no longer easy prey as he used to be but many who used to be powerful are now quite unlike what they were. The cliques are similar, sure, but to base this solely on DDO propagated cliques and to stop only at 'DDO-main' and 'religion' doesn't quite delve into it as well as the fact that you haven't taken into account that the types of user making duck-debates are the would-be-ones of a now extinct clique, the polls/opinions clique.

Without further ado, and with a hint of bias of course, I shall process to explore the cliques of DarC (DarC is correct, thank you for knowing that) that have evolved from the site's origin until now:

ALL VIDEOS AND SONGS HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY SELECTED TO MATCH THE CLIQUE IN AN UNIRONIC MANNER. When it displays emotions or seemingly hyperbole expression, it is not to mock but to express how they feel and are experiencing what is going on.

The Anti-Mod Forum Blasters: Sia - Bird Set Free
This clique is not inherently a clique (even to itself), it's a very wolf-like formation whereby the alpha is merely the one who's done the most damage and been the biggest in the direction the rest of the pack cling to in their own way. Drafterman has screamed a quietened agony perhaps felt for years on DDO but amazingly which, in contradiction, is screaming in support of Max's moderation style. It is unclear what exactly they stand for and there's little doubt in my mind that they'd pile on each other like a pack of (analogy-accurate) feral dogs if we were to let their band run things as the unfettered capacity to bully and taunt one another verbally would lead to brutal outcomes when one feels too hurt because not only are we not all built equally thick-skinned, but we're not all as difficult to abuse.

The Tryhard Debaters:  Fall Out Boy - Centuries - weak epilepsy-warning HAS FREQUENT BLACK-FLASH TRANSITION not strobe or bright-flash type transitioning.
While strangely split in different ways, such as me being a highly efficient noobsniper, others wanting to create an entire elite-league on its own to stop the likes of me getting 'full respect' via a different rating system among them, we all have a lowkey unity in that we are here to debate and want some thrill and glory for being better, as good, or perhaps motivation to improve if we realise we truly are worse than the rest. We are here as a sport, to us it's less about the forums and worrying about blending in as such (although all mods are included in this clique as for now), this is the 'head down, work done' clique.

We want our name on that fucking wall, we want to be the coach other coaches recommend. We grind that elo each on our own way, some still failing as DarC is new but all fervently and never ever giving up their chance to go down as a legendary debater.

The Religious and Antitheist... Clique? Madchild - Black and White
This isn't as simple as the religious-forums populace because not only are there those that frequent it who are not in this clique but, less intuitively it's also addressing those that spread out their loyalties but nearly solely use the forums for the purpose of religious debate. Sometimes they stretch out into very right-wing politics if they're religious or into epistemology if the other end of the spectrum but this is very much about defeating the other group and it's unclear whether the joy is from the process of typing the angry rants or of reading the reactions to said posts and threads. They love to talk and to be talked to in a mean, repetitive manner it's almost as if they thrive more the less hospitable their forum(s) become. This clique spans from politics through to philosophy and society as well as the main one but undeniably their home is the Religion Forums.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
This is not, even slightly, the same thing as the inbetweener clique which I shall later elaborate on. This is the duck-debate makers, the forum-only chillers. They thrive the less hostile, less serious the crowd and site are. They are not inbetweeners because they don't 'not care too much' they actually passionately seek to make the site less serious as a whole. In DDO-times the epitome of such a user was esocialbookworm, vaarka as well as Kitty and in DarC it has proven to be a band of totally new users but amongst the OGs, Castin is definitely spearheading this group. They are a force of peace and actively speak up and influence people to stop fighting as well as pushing out a consistent vibe of positivity and calm in the forums. Inbetweeners are capable of thriving regardless of the circumstance, it is actually most likely that an inbetweener would be the one to clash with the casual so it is not unimportant to comprehend the difference.

Rap Battlers: Locksmith - Gimme a Sec - SINCE THIS IS FORUMS I WARN THE N-WORD COMES A COUPLE OF TIMES IN THIS SONG
The only clique who found a way to bypass CoC and not cry about them at the same time. Don't know how, don't know why but rap battles have seemingly always been a venting session for people (in a way so are the religious forums until outsiders come in or more sensitive, unadjusted members including me set foot in it and get our feelings hurt).

Something to note is that it began as a CoC-enslaved format of debating back on DDO but was, much like my return and this site's birth, one of the things that blossomed and truly took shape the more that Juggle's neglect and Max's laziness in modding increased. It was a silver lining for sure even though a toxic one (that pedo rap battler was... Quite a piece of work).

This is not to say, at all, that rap battles are used as a way to bully others, very often both participants giggle about it after or whatever else but it's also a lie to say we don't take it serious and at times make real digs. Sometimes I invented back on DDO 5 years ago on an alt names BornToDebate was a concept called reverse rap battling which went down well here in the eyes of Castin and in the eyes of my opponent, SupaDudz.

This is a combination of narcissism combined with, in my opinion, extreme humility since we're conducting one of the riskiest ways to improve our rating on the site as well as balancing breaking our enemy apart and scaring them away to being sportsmanlike enough to hopefully vs them later at it again and again.

It's almost our own sacred cult or something, we operate on a different wavelength and never report one another for what we say in it. It's a sacred sport for those involved in it. Mikal and BoT were OGs of this clique on DDO as was Danielle at times. Now I am probably the long-term alpha in it and supadudz may well grow to be an OG of his own making at it too if he improves and sticks at it. Type1 idk... Depends if he stays or not, he's a fantastic rhymer and flow-analyst.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The Inbetweeners: Little Mix - Wings
This is a clique of the people who are proud to 'not care' about the site at all. They are the group who, while shameless scavengers, are damn good at what they do. They are unlike lurkers in that they don't thirst for drama and are not actively working behind the scenes and unlike the diehard casuals in that they don't ever step on the toes of tryhards or mod haters, nor the 'control' group at any time. They are the type to say 'pfft this forum doesn't matter to me' and the type to both cry about vote modding and such and then go 'LOL I didn't really care'. I would say that this is a nicer version of some other cliques I could have made and leave it at that. I won't name names, they like to remind you that they have a life and all that other jazz too at times but hardly put much effort in terms of frequency or angling the flaming or whatever else, otherwise they'd be one of the other cliques.

These are very hard to pinpoint. These are of course inclusive of people like YYW on DarC and also of active users who post basically 2 times per week but it also includes active lurkers. They stir things up behind the scenes, live for PMs and don't use them for positive purposes at all. This is not really the same as the way inbetweeners stir up drama, the Lurkers live to be the audience and actually would sooner get muted if it increased the mania on the site than have to put a lot of effort into their posting and such. They do overlap with inbetweeners though, one easily fluctuates between the two depending on their mood and business IRL.

The alpha being the, still literally unknown identity, "Mike" this is a group who control by appointment. They don't even have a pseudo presidency, they are in charge and are still (since the site is new and most of them are new to their positions) working on taming the masses and such. They are not sinister or manipulative as much as they are convinced what they do is for the best. They remind me so much of the real-world Illuminati, they definitely believe they are the good guys at all times no matter who they step on or upset along the way but in all fairness I think they're much better than the laziness we had on DDO.

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Whoa.
David
Debates: 91
David
Holy shit this is amazing 

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@SamStevens
@Castin
@RationalMadman
@David
The DDO Furries: Maroon 5 - Animal

We know they are out there. They are the secret members of the DDO Elite. They are the most powerful of all of the DDO refugees. The furries know all. They are the one's behind DDO's demise, as the mystical furry power was abused. They are omniscient beings that were here from the beginning and will be here when time and space cease to exist. Notable members include Airm... Oh Crap, they're comin!-****nojkvsalvraekvnba lvkreajgownnjv----
--
--
YOU WILL NOT RESIST US... YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. YOUR FURSONA IS AWAKENING. YOU WILL BE TAILED. INITIATION WILL BEGIN SHORTLY. SOON, ALL OF DART WILL BE CONSUMED BY THE UNHOLY GOD MORTALS KNOW AS TWILIGHT SPARKLE. MAY OUR LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The fact you spent so much of your life on this is sad and hysterical all at the same time. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Greetings Lurker, how's the transition to Inbetweener going?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
Not sure if you're trying to make fun of me or assumed I was joking.

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
I was trying to sh**post for the heck of it. I just thought peippe would laugh at my ridiculousness. I didn't try to offend you at all.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
While both Max and Ore_Ele had animal avatars as does/has Danielle for quite some time, there's not quite the direct correlation you imply at all.

Virtuoso's influence has grown while he's had a bird avatar but then we must analyse that at his highest power he's switched to sunglass-beethoven.

What I'd agree to you is this: There's a very strong correlation between posing as a fictional male and being notorious/legendary in the community. Bench was his legendary self when he was Jack Sparrow, his Elsa-form seemed to lead almost symbolically to him becoming a lesser legend, his 'heat' had frozen over. Drafterman and even me have lived up to this correlation. So has bsh1. Watch his avatar change and correlation to notoriety form the black female to that character.

There's many examples of this relationship in fact but there's another one:

The less personal/unique/living-being your image is, the less likely you are to ever get banned. I noticed this with not just Zeichen and how recently she came the closest to going too far with a provocative playboy model as her avatar and then switching back to that Dali palace or whatever it is and becoming 'solid' in behaviour again but CONSISTENTLY I have noticed that members, including Castin, had a personality shift towards and after switching from and back to an impersonal image and an image of a living being. They become much more... Colourful and this entails risk of being banned. This is not a 100% solid correlation but it's definitely a significant indicator. Which Tyrone got banned? The one with the image, it's uncanny how consistent this relationship is even though it's definitely not been a 100% one.

There's many, many other intricate relationships and I am not the type to laugh down your conspiracy theory but it's genuinely wrong.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
this is a POWERFUL poast
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Thank you. You are actually one of the hardest person to pinpoint as you and Bench are very fluid in which clique you're in out of these.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
why does this exist
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
My thread?

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
yes
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Dude fuck off if you got an issue with it. I put effort into this and it impressed a few. If you can't understand it or appreciate it, go moan elsewhere.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Bro chill. I'm not against the existence of this thread. I just find it a little strange.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
That's its brilliance. If you weren't surprised by it, how could it then impress or bemuse?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Just to be weird. Makes sense to me.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
You are really irritating but if I begin to insult you back, it's just going to get me into trouble. I didn't make this just to be weird, no. There was an urge to impress, entertain and be artistic in and of itself as my creaivity doesn't have many outlets IRL. You can assume whatever you fucking want.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Thank you. You are actually one of the hardest person to pinpoint as you and Bench are very fluid in which clique you're in out of these.
That's a really funny statement, because Thett and ImaBench are both historically anti-clique.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
Funny how? That would completely support it.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
What makes me irritating? I'm not trying to be irritating. I said it was strange, you said that was it's brilliance, and I said it makes sense to me. I don't see why there's a problem all of the sudden.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
I didn't make it "just to be weird" at all, not even slightly.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Well ok then.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
#DiehardCasuals4Life
Mharman