The DA/DART/DarC Cliques and a theme tune+video for each.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 66
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Do you see yourself as some other clique? You have not been the lurker type even when inactive. If you're there, you tend to post.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
DiehardCasual. That's what I was like during my time on DDO.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
*people not peippe or whatever.

Yeah, I know. I don't actually believe in what I posted. Just a joke that failed horribly.
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
I mean, for god's sake, my profile pic is a cat. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Post #31.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
The less personal/unique/living-being your image is, the less likely you are to ever get banned. I noticed this with not just Zeichen and how recently she came the closest to going too far with a provocative playboy model as her avatar and then switching back to that Dali palace or whatever it is and becoming 'solid' in behaviour again but CONSISTENTLY I have noticed that members, including Castin, had a personality shift towards and after switching from and back to an impersonal image and an image of a living being. They become much more... Colourful and this entails risk of being banned. This is not a 100% solid correlation but it's definitely a significant indicator. Which Tyrone got banned? The one with the image, it's uncanny how consistent this relationship is even though it's definitely not been a 100% one.
I did change back to this impersonal pic because I thought the anthropomorphic one was making me rather saucy.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
Thank god you switched back to my masterpiece. ;) That new pic was scarily... Ugly?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Mayube you used to be. This is about what you are on DA under DA cliques. I see you as an inbetweener who, at times, is a rap battle clique member.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I don't deny there's a connection between the reason people change and make the patterns I described and the correlated lack or presence of attached traits.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
I was just saying that I've definitely observed that phenomenon within myself, and in my case the correlation you proposed seemed to be quite true.
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
The meme did not last. But yeah, I like the cat. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mharman
Trolls gotta troll. This is the quality the site is producing. Are you not impressed? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
How the fuck am I trolling here? I genuinely put effort into a really high quality post. Remind me what it is you contribute to the site.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not any of those. I would call myself something on the lines of the stand away troll or the protector. Most of the time i am reading other peoples materials. That is what i do most the time anyways... i post less than i read. But then, if i see something i can either troll, be an intellectual or be someone's protector... i join the conversation. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
That's a lurker combined with some pure troll mentality or something. You can go ahead thinking you're near me if you want. Exceptions don't disprove trends.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
They stir things up behind the scenes, live for PMs and don't use them for positive purposes at all.
But that's completely not true. Or, the post twice a week part. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Exceptions don't disprove trends.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
The descriptions are generalized and not everyone meets every single trait in their category. Not all Diehard Casuals are active peacekeepers, for instance.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
How the fuck am I trolling here? I genuinely put effort into a really high quality post. Remind me what it is you contribute to the site.
It wasn't trolling imo. It just has a potential for controversy because it paints some people less flatteringly than others. But I'm sure you were aware of that when you made it. It's easy for someone like me to say the thread is awesome because I was painted probably over-flatteringly, but I imagine it may not be well received by alleged Lurkers, Inbetweeners, and perhaps Anti-Mod Blasters.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
If we are not using his definitions than most of them, at least that i am, fall under the same category. I would be an inbetweener, lurker, die hard casual, Religious / anti-religious cult, and sometimes (for good reasons maybe) a forum mod blaster. I'm just sad i don't see a category all for myself. I'm being selfish. But i am curious how you would separate the first three if not using his definitions. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
If we are not using his definitions than most of them, at least that i am, fall under the same category.
I'm not sure what you mean here.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Well the way he define them he and you are saying it's not necessarily exactly what's written... if i can add definitions to them or take away ones, why can't i do that with the other one's? I'm just confused how i'm not all three of those top ones. I'm trying to figure out where a half lurker, casual, inbetweener, fits... unless i can fit into all three. No doubt he did a great job with the categories bc i can't think of any others... but, i feel you can be more than one of them. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Oh some people belong to multiple groups, no question.

Both Lurkers and Inbetweeners are described fairly negatively, so I understand having reservations. Also, I can't think of any other groups either but I have a niggling feeling there are more.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
If anti mod blasters watched the video, and the other two you mention did the same, they'd appreciate it more.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
The descriptions are what people read first and defer to though.

I definitely liked the Anti-Mod Blasters' song.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
When aren't you trolling. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Literally all you do is show up and whine about bsh1's modding, whine about my posting and whine about others and how they use the religion forums. Then you look at your own content and think 'okay, she's whining about everyone else so where's the quality content'? There isn't any, fucking hypocrite.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't have any content. I make observations. Your trolling clouds your judgement. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Your judgement clouds your trolling.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
Not my fault you are a troll. You can change. I believe in you.