It is presumptuous to think you know anything about God.

Author: janesix

Total: 99
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Elliott
Assuming God exists and is unknowable that would render all religious texts relating to God as being worthless. Even the creation of the universe couldn’t be attributed to God as that would make him known. Therefore it would be impossible to differentiate between an unknown God and a non existent one.
The Ontological Argument removes any assumptions of the unknown God.

The ontological argument claims that God exists because if he did not exist, he would not be the most perfect being, and if he were not the most perfect being, then he would not be God. What makes the ontological argument unique as an argument for God’s existence is that it is entirely a priori, or an argument from reasoning, and requires no empirical evidence about our world.
FLRW
FLRW

See: "Why the Ontological Proof of God's Existence is Bullshit" (Copyright © 2010-01-21
Duke Physics Department)

Shila
Shila
-->
@FLRW
See: "Why the Ontological Proof of God's Existence is Bullshit" (Copyright © 2010-01-21
Duke Physics Department)
The article is full of suppositions.
Proving something is Bullshit should be rather straightforward. 

Instead we get a confession.
“Note that I do not attempt to rationally prove this.

Nevertheless, if you (dear reader) actually exist, and are reading these words in a continuous perception of light, and touch, and sound, and taste, and smell, and are thinking about them, and hold them in your mind, you exist as you are experiencing your existence, your thoughts, your total Universe at every instant of the now.
This is beyond all need for rational proof, as you will readily see the first time you are whacked in the head by an overripe banana so that the pulp oozes down into your face and makes you look and feel all silly and not at all the person you have carefully clothed yourself in flesh and possessions to be and - for an instant - precisely centers you in the here and now of your own existence, naked even of your body.”
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Basically what everyone's written here is I'm an atheist because I didn't believe the Bible so you are all basically Christians. Because only Christians care about the Bible. No efforts been made to investigate any other religion, gods or spiritual concepts. Lazy m************.
Shila
Shila
Polytheist-Witch: Basically what everyone's written here is I'm an atheist because I didn't believe the Bible so you are all basically Christians. Because only Christians care about the Bible. No efforts been made to investigate any other religion, gods or spiritual concepts. Lazy m************.
Witches were burnt. Inviting witches to investigate other religions, Gods or spiritual concepts would be the lowest point in human development.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Threatening members with death could result in banning.
Stephen
Stephen
@ the Witch

No efforts been made to investigate any other religion, gods or spiritual concepts. Lazy m************.

I have said to you many times before every  time you say that^^^^^^; there is nothing stopping you from  investigating any other religion, gods or spiritual concepts, is there Witch? You are such a hypocritical, contradictory and "Lazy m************".
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@SkepticalOne
Knowledge is "justified true belief". If someone can not show their belief is true, then it is not justified or knowledge.

Can you show that this belief is true?
Shila
Shila
Polytheist-Witch: Threatening members with death could result in banning.

No church would excommunicate it’s members for burning a witch. 
The Bible approves it. 

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.