Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
build back better, bla bla bla.

-Greta Thunberg
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I will tell you right now that one day when you are screaming at a border/door begging someone to show mercy and open it, I will ask god to ensure you fuckers get the people chasing you to beat the crap out of you.

That's the motherfucking truth of what you anti-immigration do to people who are escaping a 'shithole' as Trump put it. Feel that fear, know that pain and then come and tell me they're scumbag refugee posers.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
If the USA goes bankrupt, I am sure every other country will surely allow BS asylum claims for free stuffs. One world rules, no regrets.

Surely Canada will reverse its current policy of rejecting over half the wealth seekers at the points of entry...surely....if only we just bleed the USA a little bit more.

That should appease the mob.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4

Us and Them.

Biological adaptation of all  animals on land air and sea. It's called herding, an adaptation from billions of years of evolution, without which you would not exist.

Selfishness
Biological adaptation of all  animals on land air and sea. It's called natural selection forming preservation adaptations from billions of years of evolution, without which you would not exist.

Survival.
The Hamlet raison detre....

As individuals we tend not to think much further than the ends of our noses.
The largest amount of people you can actually biologically have in your brain at a time is 150. With 8 billion people on the planet, you will have to exclude a shit ton of them due to the biological disabilities of your brain. Humans haven't evolved yet to behave like an ant colony. Most of human society can only function on smaller tribal scales due to biological limitations.

We move forwards in intellectual output.
We are actually reaching the limits of individual breakthroughs. Most advancements only come from teams and at much slower rates than before. The only path forward, if you cant wait millions of years for natural selection, is either AI or radical genetic manipulation and eugenics.

But are almost stationary as individuals.
Plenty of people do just fine alone.

And change very slowly as a collective.

Biological limitations of small herd scale persist within the human brain. Dunbar's number is a nasty limitation to a one world dream.

Will we get there?

In a few million years maybe. Faster if robots and AI remove our biological limitations.

Assuming that we need to get somewhere.
Survival and evolution are persistent traits of all life.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
I am a Christian (been married 5 times, one more than Limbaugh) and I know that God only wants the rich to have healthcare.  CLOSE THE BORDERS!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I wonder how many middle fingers Canada gave to their  rejected bullshit asylum claimants?

30,000 middle fingers a year? That doesn't sound very Christian like of Canada.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I will tell you right now that one day when you are screaming at a border/door begging someone to show mercy and open it, I will ask god to ensure you fuckers get the people chasing you to beat the crap out of you.

That's the motherfucking truth of what you anti-immigration do to people who are escaping a 'shithole' as Trump put it. Feel that fear, know that pain and then come and tell me they're scumbag refugee posers.

Best way for that to happen it to let everyone come on in. Why tf should we shoot ourselves in our foot lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I wonder how many middle fingers Canada gave to their  rejected bullshit asylum claimants?

30,000 middle fingers a year? That doesn't sound very Christian like of Canada.
We’re the only country dumb enough to let this happen? Why? Cause we’re run by a bunch of idiots right now.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The last north American civilization to practice open borders was.....

The Indians.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I wonder if the Indian chiefs 300 years ago thought walls were racist so they didn't build them.

Well, they won the Darwin Award.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Nice.

And I always suggest that because of our limitations, Alternative Intelligence is the evolutionary way forwards.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@RationalMadman
I don’t blame people for trying to make a better life (although I do blame the human traffickers); I blame the people in power who incentivize it and think more highly of non citizens than our own citizens. It also leads me to wonder: if this nation is so irredeemably and systemically racist, why do so many POC demand to live here? 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
and highlights the manufactured crisis President Biden created
Can you explain, in actual policy terms how Joe Biden created this? Thanks.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Can you explain, in actual policy terms how Joe Biden created this? Thanks.

DC lobbyists want this. Biden wants ice cream.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Yep, thought so.

52 days later

thett3
thett3
-->
@Ramshutu
So, when is this seasonal border crisis going to end? Washington Post is reporting that encounters went UP 5% in November from October (which registered the largest number of illegals ever for October)! How much longer are we expected to tolerate this invasion? How much longer will you deny that there is a crisis, and explain it away as “seasonality”?

thett3
thett3
At this point, especially when you consider the large number of illegals who have evaded capture, there is far more illegal immigration under Biden than legal immigration. 

thett3
thett3
At this point I think it’s a safe assumption that a democratic administration = your country doesn’t get to have a border. I will be voting Republican for the foreseeable future no matter who is the nominee, and no matter what other policy issues are at stake. They could nominate someone I loathe and disagree with on literally every single non immigration issue, it doesn’t matter. This is now a question of sovereignty. Do the American people have the right to say no to over a million people forcing entry into our country each year, or not?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
It also means a Democratic administration = increased disease cases and deaths from diseases from all over the world from some of the most lax health screening processes in the history of America.

Even when we historically accepted nearly everyone on Ellis Island, we at least had the practical sense to do medical screenings. These days it's just "shut up and trust DC you plebs, you don't know anything," and if there's anything bad going on right now, blame the orangeman.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
Even when we historically accepted nearly everyone on Ellis Island, we at least had the practical sense to do medical screenings.
There also wasn’t a robust welfare system at the time and a large percentage of immigrants went back. Now there’s little reason to go back because even if you don’t make it a low paying job + EITC + food stamps is a better life than back home. That said the Ellis Island style immigration policy was a complete disaster and pretty much killed the country as it existed previously. But there is something to be said about people coming in through a legal, democratic mechanism instead of just forcing their way in because the powers that be are too weak to fight back. 
thett3
thett3
Now there’s little reason to go back because even if you don’t make it a low paying job + EITC + food stamps is a better life than back home. 
The saving grace is that this is becoming less true as the world becomes wealthier. The number of people willing to completely upend their lives and be thousands of miles from everyone they know to work at a meat packing plant in rural Kansas dwindles by the day 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@thett3
I will be voting Republican for the foreseeable future no matter who is the nominee, and no matter what other policy issues are at stake.
This is the very reason I find the immigration debate interesting. Please help me understand, what personal impact does illegal immigration have on you that this would be your top and only priority issue? Not healthcare, not taxes, not Covid, and not even democracy itself… but this?

Is your position seriously that Trump's policies had nothing to do with illegal border crossings reaching a 20 year low, and Biden reversing those policies had nothing to do with border crossings reaching a 21 year high scarcely a year later?
Missed this… No, I don’t engage in such black and white thinking. The question isn’t ‘are Biden’s policies solely responsible or not responsible at all?’, the question is what policies are responsible and more importantly, how much of an impact are they actually having? If his policies account for a 10% increase that certainly doesn’t justify the rhetoric.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Double_R
This is the very reason I find the immigration debate interesting. Please help me understand, what personal impact does illegal immigration have on you that this would be your top and only priority issue? Not healthcare, not taxes, not Covid, and not even democracy itself… but this?
It’s about whether we have a country or not. If people are allowed to illegally enter and you’re financially obligated to take care of their kids, against the overwhelming will of the voters and the law itself….you’re not a citizen, you’re a serf. If your country doesn’t enforce its border laws against foreign invaders it’s not a sovereign country 

Missed this… No, I don’t engage in such black and white thinking. The question isn’t ‘are Biden’s policies solely responsible or not responsible at all?’, the question is what policies are responsible and more importantly, how much of an impact are they actually having? If his policies account for a 10% increase that certainly doesn’t justify the rhetoric.
I would argue that Biden and Biden alone is responsible for the border crisis. Trump had a similar border crisis and his zero tolerance policies drove crossings to multi decade lows. Biden gets in, reverses those policies and things go to multi decade highs with no signs of slowing down 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@thett3
It’s about whether we have a country or not. If people are allowed to illegally enter and you’re financially obligated to take care of their kids, against the overwhelming will of the voters and the law itself….you’re not a citizen, you’re a serf
Illegals have been crossing the border for as long as there has been a border, an increase in traffic doesn’t mean we go from being a country to not being a country. There’s really no way to describe that other than just plain silly.

I would argue that Biden and Biden alone is responsible for the border crisis. Trump had a similar border crisis and his zero tolerance policies drove crossings to multi decade lows. Biden gets in, reverses those policies and things go to multi decade highs with no signs of slowing down 
I understand you would argue it, are you actually going to though? As far as I can tell from reading your posts the thing you seem to credit the most for the increase is Biden’s rhetoric, which not only has nothing to do with policy but as Ram has pointed out a few times, the rhetoric from the right claiming illegals are getting free everything and better treatment than US citizens probably plays a far bigger role than anything Biden has said.

And when it comes to which policies you attribute to this surge, I’m wondering how you square that with the surge we experienced in 2019 when Biden was no where near the White House. If it’s all about Biden’s policies then what did Trump do to cause that?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
what personal impact does illegal immigration have on you that this would be your top and only priority issue? Not healthcare,

An interesting take as the surge in illegal immigration last year coincided with a record breaking death count for America.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
What's awfully weird is that the demographics of the illegal immigrants are shifting to an increasing amount of radical right Hispanic supporters. That has bad consequences for the country, yet it's unlikely the left is competent enough to see the disaster coming. 

I really don't want to see the country swing far authoritarian right with the support of millions of illegals from south America. We could just close the border and preserve our country alternatively.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Double_R
Illegals have been crossing the border for as long as there has been a border, an increase in traffic doesn’t mean we go from being a country to not being a country. There’s really no way to describe that other than just plain silly.
These levels are unprecedented. The purpose of a country = to establish a claim to a certain territory and defend it militarily from outsiders. If the body politic that exists lacks the will to do that, it will be replaced with one that does have that willpower. 

And when it comes to which policies you attribute to this surge, I’m wondering how you square that with the surge we experienced in 2019 when Biden was no where near the White House. If it’s all about Biden’s policies then what did Trump do to cause that?
I would square it by pointing out that Trump pursued pretty cut throat policies such as prosecuting all illegal border crossers, applying hardball tactics with the counties of origin (such as threatening to shut down foreign aid if they didn’t stop their citizens from invading), working extremely closely with the Mexican government with policies such as MPP and others, building the wall, expelling 90%+ of illegals with title 42 as soon as COVID came, and restricting the circumstances through which asylum could be claimed. This mix, along with rhetoric yes, did a lot to deter illegal border crossings especially from families looking for welfare as opposed to adults looking for work. You can see it in the numbers, there was a spike around mid 2018-early 2019 that dissipated because people respond to incentives. 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
What's awfully weird is that the demographics of the illegal immigrants are shifting to an increasing amount of radical right Hispanic supporters. That has bad consequences for the country, yet it's unlikely the left is competent enough to see the disaster coming. 

I really don't want to see the country swing far authoritarian right with the support of millions of illegals from south America. We could just close the border and preserve our country alternatively
I know you’re joking (at least I think) but when I see people coming from places like Venezuela I do wonder about this 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Absolutely not joking. Whether it's an Orangeman or a Brownman, I don't want to see the government forcing right wing doctrine down my throat.

It's entirely plausible after this Biden inflation disaster era that the pendulum could go bonkers the other way. (like it did after Carter only  multiply it by a few factors) ... All it takes is some determined elites to rewrite the narrative. The fresh imported sheep are already here.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
It's entirely plausible after this Biden inflation disaster era that the pendulum could go bonkers the other way. (like it did after Carter only  multiply it by a few factors) ... All it takes is some determined elites to rewrite the narrative. The fresh imported sheep are already here.
Also making the Democratic Party the black party is about as unpopular with other non whites as making the Republican Party the white party in the 70s and 80s was. I don’t wanna read too much into a few election results but it definitely seems like non-black minorities are moving right. I think a socially conservative, economically moderate party would do super well among almost every demographic in the US.

If the Republican Party plays it’s hand right (spoiler it probably won’t) dems would be royally screwed. Imagine if the GOP managed to hold onto its rural voters (and therefore the senate outside of rare circumstances) while also making gains with minorities resulting in locking down Texas and Florida, bringing Arizona and Nevada back into the fold, making New Mexico a swing state, and opening up as many as a dozen house seats in Cali.