Should bsh1 freely choose when and when not to moderate votes based on him calling a debate?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 38
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
He can moderate a debate over whether or not a certain rapper has the best flow of all rappers as a 'troll debate' and moderate 0 votes no matter how much they blatantly violated Voting RFD requirements. He did this as I was vs Type1 and he wants #1. His math is a little bit off as I'll climb back from whatever I end up as to #1 quite soon due to upcoming wins but he's definitely slowed me significantly by this tactical blow.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

See here the cowardice. He won't accept.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
You are exposed in a way you can't charm or defend against here. I am not your usual enemy. I am the way, the truth and the life.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
*Places a bag of popcorn in the microwave*

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
I am happy to explain why troll debates do not have votes moderated. That is primarily because their content is too subjective to really require moderation. In a rap battle for example, an ineffable, emotional sense of liking one set of raps more than another is sufficient to pick a winner, and so an RFD of "I liked X's raps more than Y's" really is fine. Same with poetry. Same with talent competitions. Moderation cannot be meaningfully applied in such hypersubjective, emotion/impression-based situations.

To clarify what a troll debate is, vote moderation has defined it among ourselves as "any (a) competition-style debate (e.g. a rap battle, talent show, poetry competition), (b) debate primarily designed to be humorous or facetious or containing primarily humorous or facetious content, (c) debate on a truism (e.g. "a bachelor is someone who is unmarried"), (d) debate in which one of the debater's is a subject (e.g. "bsh1 should commit suicide"), and (e) debate in which no or almost no argumentative content is present (e.g. a debate that is all links or images)." However, this is a working definition which was only proposed yesterday in our PM, by me. It is still under review internally.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Dude this wasn't a troll debate. It was not even a rap battle. I will past link here if you keep lying.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vinnie Paz and Tech N9ne are/were the most phenomenal rappers on Earth in their delivery and flow.

This is not a troll debate. In r2, I elaborate on it.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
If the vote was evaluated before yesterday, it may have fallen under a different standard, which was more imprecise than the current one.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
If you're referring to this debate, then the reason nothing has been post about the vote is that it has not yet been evaluated by a moderator. It was assigned to a moderator, and will be dealt with by them at the earliest possible moment. I explained that to you already. It has nothing to do with the debate's status as a troll or non-troll debate; it has everything to do with the fact that the moderator it was assigned to just hasn't gotten to it yet.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
What bullshit excuse is that? ALEC DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO EXPLAIN SHIT ABOUT HIS ARGUMENT VOTE FORCING ME TO ASK OTHERS TO VOTE THAT NOW... Actually, I will save this for the debate. Accept or pussy out. Your loss either way. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
You green checked it
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not interested in having a formal debate on that topic, but, as I said (and then as I did), I am happy to talk about it here if you want. The excuse is quite valid. Votes are assigned to a handling mod in order to ensure equity, to keep things organized, and to prevent any mod from being swamped. The reason for the vote not being evaluated yet was already explained to you, and, again, it has nothing to do with the supposed nature of the debate as a troll or non-troll debate.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Which, as I said in the PM, is done as soon as the vote is assigned to a moderator. This clears the queue in the mod dashboard of old reports and indicates to me what votes have and have not yet been assigned. It also indicates that the vote has been reported, so that people do not continue to report it unnecessarily. It was checked because it was assigned, not because it was evaluated.

Really, all this has been explained to you now several times. That you keep asking the same questions over and over again is a bit irksome.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Corruption at its finest.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
The new rules were altered such that if a vote is not removed, I can't know. Only virtuoso spoke to me. You ignored me. I can't reveal more since I named the mod. He doesn't agree with you though. Just know that you're not the god you think. You re a flawed moderator and even I am joining the others soon. 
Mharman
Mharman
*forgot about popcorn, opens microwave to find all the popcorn in the bag burnt*
Mharman
Mharman
I may or may not post my thoughts on this.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
I spoke with you to say that the vote had been assigned and that the reason it was checked was that it had been assigned. I noted that the vote was yet to be evaluated. I am happy to quote directly from our PM with your permission.

Since I never spoke to any extent about the validity or non-validity of the vote in question, I am not sure what there is for Virtuoso and I to disagree about. And since the vote was not assigned to Virt, it would have been inappropriate for him to have commented on it at all. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Dude you are conniving liar. You never told me you were still undecided on the vote and there was no way for me to know that you were going to remove it so I beg other idiots to vote and look what that did. I'm sick of this bs.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@RationalMadman
a green check means that it has been assigned to a moderator for review. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
I never told you that I was undecided about the vote because I did tell you it was not my job to render a verdict on the vote. I am not sure how you misinterpreted me saying "the vote has not yet been evaluated" as me saying "I evaluated the vote and decided not to take it down."

The vote was assigned to Tej, and he assured me in private that his assigned votes would be handled today. I have not examined the vote to reach a decision on it precisely because it was not assigned to me to do so. I told you that it had been assigned and that it would be dealt with by the mod it was assigned to.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
When does know it's not been removed as a confirmed decision? I really don't like that drafterman made your u guys stop posting why a votes not removed as well as posting it at all.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
You could request to be notified when a decision has been reached. I have no issue telling you when a decision has been reached. It just hasn't been reached yet (as had been communicated to you), which is why this whole thread is a bit absurd.
Mharman
Mharman
Oh. I get it. One of the moderators just hasn't gotten to it yet. Interesting to see how the largest of fires can being from the smallest of sparks.
bsh1
bsh1
Oh. I get it. One of the moderators just hasn't gotten to it yet
Correct. RM then rushed to the conclusion that I had decided not to remove the vote because it was on a troll debate, when in fact I had not and when in fact the vote was assigned to Tej to moderate, not me. Plus, RM was told that the vote had not been gotten to yet, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
Interesting. He's a fine member, but it does appear he has a problem with taking things a little too personally.
Mharman
Mharman
I will say, however, that I think RM won that debate.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
@bsh1
@Mharman
Liars. All. Virtuoso fucking let me show the PMs you are such a cunning bastard 1000000% he told me explicitly lies.
SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mharman
I may or may not post my thoughts on this.
I just found my new motto, boys and girls.

I may have it engraved on my tombstone.