2022 midterm predictions

Author: thett3 ,

Total: 42
Double_R
Debates: 2
Double_R
--> @Greyparrot
This video is a joke. All it does is take everything democrats want to do and say Venezuela did it too, then pretends that this means democrats want to turn America into Venezuela.

What makes Venezuela Venezuela is the fact that their democracy was taken over entirely by an authoritarian who didn’t give a rat’s ass about the people or their right to govern themselves. And what is so remarkable is how the same people who constantly use Venezuela as the big bad bogeyman support a politician who’s damn near a clone of the man responsible, just dumber.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 6
SkepticalOne
--> @Discipulus_Didicit
Wow. I knew people bet on everything, but I'm caught off guard every time I'm reminded of that!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
--> @Double_R
was taken over entirely by an authoritarian who didn’t give a rat’s ass about the people or their right to govern themselves.

Like Biden?
Double_R
Double_R
--> @Greyparrot
Biden actually believes in democracy. Biden isn’t running around the country claiming millions of illegals voted with no evidence. Biden isn’t out there calling the free press “the enemy of the American people”. Biden isn’t trying to claim he can’t be investigated because he was president.

Read a history book, learn what an authoritarian actually is, then take note of the remarkable similarities between it and Trump while taking note of how Biden is the exact opposite.
thett3
thett3
Another respected polling outlet showing Biden posting terrible numbers in deep blue states, this time in New Jersey. 43% approve, 49% disapprove. The state level polls point to a much bleaker picture than the national polls do. Biden needs to find a way to fix this or 2022 is going to be a complete bloodbath 

ILikePie5
Debates: 1
ILikePie5
--> @thett3
Another respected polling outlet showing Biden posting terrible numbers in deep blue states, this time in New Jersey. 43% approve, 49% disapprove. The state level polls point to a much bleaker picture than the national polls do. Biden needs to find a way to fix this or 2022 is going to be a complete bloodbath 
A greater and greater number of Americans are starting to realize that inflation is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. I doubt Ciatarelli wins in New Jersey, but if Youngkin wins in Virginia, I’d be mighty scared if I were a Democrat.

thett3
thett3
--> @ILikePie5
A greater and greater number of Americans are starting to realize that inflation is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. I doubt Ciatarelli wins in New Jersey, but if Youngkin wins in Virginia, I’d be mighty scared if I were a Democrat.
I have my doubts that these state polls showing absolutely atrocious approval for Biden are accurate but we’re going to have a giant clue next Tuesday. I can hardly wait…
thett3
thett3
I have my doubts that these state polls showing absolutely atrocious approval for Biden are accurate but we’re going to have a giant clue next Tuesday
For what it’s worth, the exit poll in Virginia had Biden approval at 45% approve and 54% disapprove. That’s about in line with what the pre-election polling was saying and suggests that his approval nationwide is even worse than the polling for dems. 

Bright spot for dems: the Republican candidate only won by two points, meaning that a lot of people who disapproved of Biden still aren’t ready to vote for even a very good Republican candidate like Youngkin. However losing a state Biden won by double digits a year ago can’t be spun as good news in any way 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
--> @thett3
I am convinced McAuliffe would have easily won if he didn't make the race about a guy that wasn't on the ballot.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I don't trust the integrity of the election process so I cant make any predictions other than Democrats winning just enough to stay in control of power.

74 days later

thett3
thett3
Whats everyone think now? I’ve changed my prediction to 53 GOP senate seats and 235 house seats 

191 days later

thett3
thett3
Bumping this. Only three months to go! What does everyone think now? Crazy to think that on Earth II Trump narrowly won re-election with the weakest trifecta in history, got nothing done, and Republicans are facing a historic blowout
Double_R
Double_R
--> @thett3
Republicans will definitely hold the house. The political climate and party-in-power effect give them the advantage, but the part the Dems won't be able to overcome is the gerrymandering. Funny how the party claiming elections are rigged maintain a systemic advantage.

I predict the Dems hold the Senate. The republican candidates in the crucial races are complete whack jobs and polling shows this.
Double_R
Double_R
--> @thett3
Republicans are facing a historic blowout
Is this what they're saying on right wing media?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Voters in Red state  Kansas delivered a win for abortion rights activists on Tuesday with 58.8 percent voting "no" in a statewide referendum on removing abortion protections from the state constitution. With 95 percent of votes reported, the "yes" vote came in at 41.2 percent.
thett3
thett3
--> @Double_R
I predict the Dems hold the Senate. The republican candidates in the crucial races are complete whack jobs and polling shows this.
Polling usually favors dems in the summer for some reason but I agree they have a chance which I didn’t think they did until recently. GOP continues the trend of throwing away seats on bad candidates lol

Is this what they're saying on right wing media?
I don’t know since I only get my news from Twitter lol. But imagine Trump in office right now. It’s not like the inflation wouldn’t have happened, the Afghanistan withdrawal probably would’ve been just as chaotic or more, gas prices might not have gotten as bad but still would’ve gone up a lot. And he would still be pulling his ridiculous antics, having lost the popular vote twice in a row and by a bigger margin the second time. He would be so unpopular. In politics I say it’s universally better to win than to lose but if you HAD to take an L 2020 was probably the year 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
--> @thett3
 53 GOP senate seats and 235 house seats 
Might be more depending how the markets react to investment tax hikes.

Cause nothing says "recession relief" quite like investment taxes.... loud and clear.