Author: Reece101

Total: 167
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Predictable aren't you? 

Well Reverend "Tradey", I am not the bible ignorant contradictory  clown  that cannot make up his mind.

Tradesecrete wrote:  
Christians are not seeking God. #96

Tradesecrete wrote: Christians do seek God #121

🤣😂🤣😂

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Your not ignorant - you don't even rate a mention.

I answered your question. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
When by your reckoning, was the beginning of time Poly?

Do you have a clock GOD amongst your list of deities?
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Reece101
organized religion ? NO
just reading those fantasy/magic stories mentioned in the holy books is enough to bore you to death , also you'll think you're living in the world of harry potter
let me give you few examples ;
flying to outer space and beyond to download tablets from the -god above- the cloud  
parting the red sea in like 6000  BC wtf peaple back then were living in the stone age
talking with animals prophet solomon ,islam , and know we know where disney princess ideas came from
turning water to wine , walking on water , raising -reviving- the dead ; the great necromancer Jesus , if you claim that you can revive the dead 2000 years ago you should expect to end up crucified , this is called f***ing logic , many people died for far less offenses then that.
fly to outerspace and beyond on flying donkey 1400 years ago ,prophet muhammad , do I even need to comment on how absurd , stupid , and absurdly stupid this is .
volcano erupting because god is angry , thunder smiting people for blasphemy , earthquakes , plagues  🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦 why the f*** would anybody believe that such thing is related in way or shape to god do you people still live in the dark ages ? or maybe before that in the stone age , not only do we know why thunder happens , why volcanos erupt , what causes earthquakes , what causes plagues  but we also can replicate the conditions that causes them , creating man made disasters ,we can emulate those , are we GODS now ?
==========================================================================================================
here is a list of creatures which exist only in religion:
dragons
vampires
werewolves
flying donkeys that traverse outer space and beyond -I can't help but wonder how do they breath ?-
fairies
giants
djinn
demons
angels
unicorns
griffins

===================================================================
now religious people will come out and tell you let us argue using logic ; RIP logic , how the f*** do you discuss fantasy using logic ?
the entire religious argument for the existence of their god is based on -just because you didn't went to china or seen china doesn't mean that china doesn't exist -
in this case it's true but replace china with wakanda and it's false
just because you never seen a unicorn/dragon/vampire/angel/demon/djinn/giant/fairy/werewolf/flying donkey/griffin doesn't mean they don't exist ? right ? the answer is wrong even though I've never seen any of those I'm 100% sure that none of them actually exist , and just because you saw some scorched earth doesn't mean a dragon passed here .
just because we exist doesn't mean that god exist or your god exist , and just because your daddy told you our god -which we believe in- exist doesn't make it the truth.
you need to question everything and verify the facts and the truths until you find the right religion or abandon all religion since it's totally worthless , one needs to make sure that they made the right choice here , lies and double faced religions should be eliminated .
each should pass multiple phases of scientific , moral , and logical assessments before they are judged to whether they are right or wrong 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Personally, I think a number of mythological and fantastic creatures 'do exist in a fashion,
If only as metaphors, symbols,

Vampire is pretty common an expression of a bloodsucking upper class,
Though when I say bloodsucking, I mean of money, liberty, and life.
The jading of money, and a life apart.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Oh look another atheist ancient aliens cult member. Many of the creatures listed are not religion based. If your going to argue religious mythology at least try to be accurate. 
FLRW
FLRW
The first religious icon to be used in vampire lore is Lilith. According to the Talmud and Hebrew lore, Lilith was Adam’s first wife. Adam and Lilith were the first couple made by God as complete equals from dust. One day while having sex Lilith refused to “lie on the bottom” and wanted a more dominant role. When Adam would not allow it, she cursed God and flew from Eden. The story continues with Lilith procreating with demons and multiplying at a rate of 100 children a day. As a result of her populating the world with half demons, God sent three angels to bring Lilith back to Eden. Lilith cursed the angels and refused their requests. As a result the angels began to kill one hundred of Lilith’s children for each day that she refused to return. This angered Lilith that once again she was being forced to submit to men that she refused and began to kill human children by biting and drinking their blood. (Rappaport, 1989) From here the legend of Lilith travelled through the Hebrew oral traditions where she was blamed for miscarriages as well as sudden infant death syndrome. As protection from Lilith, Hebrew mothers would sing lullabies and would hang an amulet over the baby’s crib that pictured the three angels that attempted to return Lilith to the Garden of Eden.  As a result of superstition, she became a tool of fear among women rather than a role model for female empowerment.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Oh look another atheist ancient aliens 

Ok , Witch. By your own admission, some of your own particular gods & Norse gods were from" another planet ". You never did explain how you actually know this but that is neither here nor there.

Stephen wrote: Well if you have ever looked into the ancient phenomena, you would find immediately that  ALL religions speak of their so called "gods"  coming from the sky.   So I think they may "validate" each others religious beliefs of  the origins of their "gods" .
Polytheist-Witch, wrote: That is not true at all. In the Norse religion they come from a planet#204

This would make them alien to Earth.

Now is all you have to do is confirm  how far back do your own or these "Norse "  alien gods go. Are they ancient , medieval or modern? 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
Were we supposed to care that you look something up on Google?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

I really don't care, do U?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@FLRW
I thought it was somewhat interesting,
Though I don't know if it's the 'oldest religious icon to be used with vampires.

Lot of bloodsucker mythology in history,
And what one 'defines as a vampire, bit hazy.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lemming
True,  vampires need blood to exist it sounds like she just like to kill children and drink their blood.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
An issue with many classifications, definitions, even in science.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Lunar108

dragons
vampires
werewolves
flying donkeys that traverse outer space and beyond -I can't help but wonder how do they breath ?-
fairies
giants
djinn
demons
angels
unicorns
griffins
Actually 99% of those imaginary figures live in poetry and shows on tv these days- shows written by atheists.   They don't only exist in religion.  

now religious people will come out and tell you let us argue using logic ; RIP logic , how the f*** do you discuss fantasy using logic ?
Do you mean like the creation of the world in accordance with the big bang theory or the evolution of humanity from nothing? 

I discuss religion. I don't discuss generally fantasy.  Although at times I do discuss human logic, evolution abiogenesis. The goodness of humanity.  Atheists having a brain.  

the entire religious argument for the existence of their god is based on -just because you didn't went to china or seen china doesn't mean that china doesn't exist -
in this case it's true but replace china with wakanda and it's false
Silly and ridiculous fallacious argument.  The argument in relation to the existence of most things is not evidence - it is mostly on testimony.  Wakanda may or may not exist.  I don't know - its an African Marvel movie invention or perhaps it is not.  It is a question of what do you trust - what are the correct resources? What are trustworthy sources and why do you trust them?   

just because you never seen a unicorn/dragon/vampire/angel/demon/djinn/giant/fairy/werewolf/flying donkey/griffin doesn't mean they don't exist ? right ? the answer is wrong even though I've never seen any of those I'm 100% sure that none of them actually exist , and just because you saw some scorched earth doesn't mean a dragon passed here .
Silly argument. Just because you haven't seen something does not mean it exists or not.   I have never seen the wind. I have never seen love. I have never seen an honest Democrat.  

just because we exist doesn't mean that god exist or your god exist ,
Well - actually it does mean a god exists.  Without a deity - nothing else has a reason to exist.  Things that do exist - don't just have the supreme will to will themselves into existence.  

and just because your daddy told you our god -which we believe in- exist doesn't make it the truth.
my daddy told me god did not exist.  So should i believe him or not? 

you need to question everything and verify the facts and the truths until you find the right religion or abandon all religion since it's totally worthless , one needs to make sure that they made the right choice here , lies and double faced religions should be eliminated .
Well only it you think you do.   Questioning things is fine. But you still need a purpose or reason to question things.  Does the Solomon Islands exist? I am not going to bother to verify it but I will still believe it is there. Why? Because I don't have a reason to question - it save and except when people tell me that "we need to question everything".   I question the validity of atheism, of evolution, of the Big Bang Theory, of the integrity of Democrats, of Buddhists, and other religions. 

I have also questioned the validity of religion - and was surprised in  my findings.  

each should pass multiple phases of scientific , moral , and logical assessments before they are judged to whether they are right or wrong 

I totally reject that as a silly idea.   We don't hold hardly anything up in life to that much scrutiny.  The world has just gone a massive mass vaccine mandate - without coming close to what you are asking.   People don't vote according to that measure. They don't select which schools to go on that basis. They don't select the food they are going to eat throughout the week on that basis. They don't choose their jobs on that basis. Courts don't decide a verdict on those things. 

Stop putting religion up on a pedestal to be tested on such levels - we don't do it for most things in life.  In fact it would only be a handful of things that have undergone such a rigorous assessment - and none to such a level that everyone agrees truth has been found.  

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
I questioned everything and concluded that there were no verifiable facts or truths relative to material existence.

Only a variety of hypotheses.....Developed fairly recently, by a fairly recently developed sentient organic structure.

Though we evolved a few billion years too late, to do anything other that speculate more or less wildly.

And I concluded that floaty about blokes and nailing people to posts was more than less wild.

Modern science  offers a more pragmatic approach to the subject, though still relies upon a theoretical conclusion.

And of course there is always the question of where did the floaty about bloke suddenly appear from.

To suggest otherwise is to defy logic and  propose the biggest fallacy of all.

262 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Reece101
This is just a rough concept I was playing around with.   

The religion is called Triune of Fate.

The Triune of Fate consists of three androgynous/hermaphrodite deities:

The deity of mischief and joy, also known as the god of future. 
(Depicted as an adolescent).

The deity of beauty and nature, also known as the god of present. 
(Depicted as middle aged).

The deity of wisdom and reflection, also know as the god of past.
(Depicted as elderly).

To worship all three and to pay your respects, you have to at least once a week:
  •  Make someone laugh from joy.
  • Give a compliment of sincerity.
  • Improve ones life by giving advice.

Your religion demands  we give up divine forgiveness, salvation, resurrection and the Trinity. How can we give up so much for so little?

248 days later

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@fatmarara
Writing is very important.
You typed this. 
And Thats a meesed up sentence.  
Ya got no bloody full stop. 

And this is Your 1st ever post.  

The milks sour.