Delusion In Most Atheists?

Author: BrutalTruth

Total: 506
MagicAintReal
Debates: 12
MagicAintReal
-->
@disgusted
And since gods are nothing more than a man made claim, no gods exist is the natural conclusion once you reject the god claim.
Well...obviously god is a man made claim, but rejecting the god claim is about belief, while concluding no gods exist is about knowledge; belief and knowledge are two different things.
While I cannot naturally conclude there are no gods, like I cannot naturally conclude there are no unicorns, I can find no reason to believe in any gods' existence, and thus do not believe in gods while also not naturally concluding that they don't exist.

I don't know if it is so, but have no reason to believe it is so.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
That's not an opinion it is the truth.
BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth
-->
@disgusted
You alone don't decide how words are defined. A collective people do, over the course of hundreds of years as etymology evolves. I call myself an atheist not because I chose how it is defined, but because the word has a definition that matches my beliefs.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
Then leave the discussion forums? I don't know what you are doing here if not to discuss these things. If you want a formal debate or people to vote for your debates then move on.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were the creator of this site and dictate what the forums are used for.

I see you've been here for a couple months now, have hundreds of forum posts, yet have exactly zero debates. One could only logically deduct that that means you're either a coward, an imbecile, or are ignorant of what this site is intended for. If you're looking for "discussion," then perhaps you should find a website that is entitled something other than "debate art." Now, run along, dear theist.

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@MagicAintReal
If you look at my profile, I do specify that. However, the definition of the word "atheism" is not dependent upon agnosticism, and Gnosticism is an entirely different subject.. They are entirely different concepts that do not interact. Gnosticism is the doctrine that the world was created by a lesser deity than the supreme divine. In other words: It's another type of theism, just as Christianity, Islam, etc. are. Gnostic atheism as a term makes absolutely no sense. That's like saying "the bright dark." It's an oxymoron.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrutalTruth
You can call yourself a frog if it makes you happy, go for it. Don't allow other people's definition of frog influence you.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@BrutalTruth
Formal debating is a sport - it is about finding out who is the best advocate, not what is true.   It is where would-be lawyers and aspiring policians prictice being persuasive - a champion debater should have no problem arguing and winning either side of a debate.

The best way to get to the truth is by co-operative brain-storming in the forums not adversorial debate.  Its just pity it never works out!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@disgusted

It's none of your business what other people think about you.

keithprosser
keithprosser
Either 'god exists' or 'god does not exist' feels right to a person.  All else is rationalisation of that feeling. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Precisely Deb...........................
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
Either 'god exists' or 'god does not exist' feels right to a person.  All else is rationalisation of that feeling. 
Sounds about right.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
Lol, don't wet yourself newcomer. Either put up or shut up. Now is your chance to show what a non-coward you are and show your arguments for what they truly are. Apparently you don't know what a discussion forum is but hey, maybe you'll do something besides run your mouth?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
If you look at my profile, I do specify that. However, the definition of the word "atheism" is not dependent upon agnosticism, and Gnosticism is an entirely different subject.. They are entirely different concepts that do not interact. Gnosticism is the doctrine that the world was created by a lesser deity than the supreme divine. In other words: It's another type of theism, just as Christianity, Islam, etc. are. Gnostic atheism as a term makes absolutely no sense. That's like saying "the bright dark." It's an oxymoron.

Oh look, suddenly the dummy knows what a discussion is, but then seemed to forget what it was in relation to my post.....either you are scared of something I wrote or you're just too stupid to realize this is a place to discuss/debate religious topics. Either way you dodged my response like a coward. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrutalTruth
It describes it [ god] as:spirit, light, love, and a consuming fire, not as a physical being.

It may well do in themind of the fawning sycophantic theist who cannot actually tell us what”god” is or answer some basic questions about  “god”. Or what even Heaven is although the words is written in the bibleover 550 times. But that said the fawning sycophantic theist often tellsus that Jesus is god.

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@keithprosser
I completely disagree. Formal debates are held to certain rules. Rules like enforced validity in arguments, forced refutation of arguments and claims, forced to provide evidence and material or logical proof. Because of the fact that a person's argument is scrutinized by outside parties in a position of impartial authority, it has the potential to create truth far more often than a non-moderated forum debate where either side can say anything they want with no real consequences.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@Stephen
The fawning Christians are the only Christians who actually know what they're talking about, because it doesn't matter what you believe the Christian god is. What matters is what the Christian god actually is, and the Christian bible is the only thing a Christian has to go on, unless that Christian wants to claim they have empirically experienced this god.
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@BrutalTruth
I'm sorry but I think you are mistaken.
You may be using the ancient definition of gnosticism, but in modern philosophy, agnostic and gnostic refer to KNOWLEDGE (gnostic) and atheist and theist refer to BELIEF (theist).

There are agnostic atheists.
There are gnostic atheists.
There are gnostic theists.
There are agnostic theists.

There is no hierarchy between agnostic and atheist, i.e. agnosticism is not weak atheism nor is it even on the same scale.

Check this image, it should explain it well.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@MagicAintReal
...agnostic and gnostic refer to KNOWLEDGE (gnostic) and atheist and theist refer to BELIEF (theist).
This actually makes a lot of sense.
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@3RU7AL
Nice.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@BrutalTruth
Atheist are evil. You should be ashamed. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrutalTruth
Atheists don't believe in Truth.

You don't know that because you don't know what God is.
Mopac
Mopac

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@MagicAintReal
Honestly, an agnostic theist would be too much of a moron to be agnostic, because it makes absolutely no sense that a person with an intellect capable of recognizing that certain things and ideas are unknowable/unprovable to a human would then turn around and believe in the existence of an unknown/unproven thing. This is why I say my agnosticism creates my atheism, because theism makes no sense to an agnostic person.

As for your definition of "gnostic," those people simply sound like a bunch of idiots. Are there really that many people who don't understand the basics of how humans ascertain knowledge?
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@Mopac
Your argument was cute, but easily refuted. *yawn*
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@BrutalTruth
Ok but do you take the point about gnostic atheism and agnostic atheism?
Was the chart helpful at all?
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@MagicAintReal
It doesn't matter whether I take it or not. The beautiful thing about facts is that it doesn't matter whether you believe them to be true or not. They remain true nonetheless. Being that your definition is factually one the word takes, your definition is a true.
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@BrutalTruth
Ok.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrutalTruth
I only accept The Truth as being God.
This is my God.

Also, your God, whether or not you believe it.

But if you are saying that you believe The Truth exists, but deny that it is God you fulfil the scripture that reads...

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

So integral is this understanding that God is The Truth that it is even written...

"they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

God is literally The Truth, doood
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
How wonderful and meaningless is the imagination of the IPSS. Huzzah.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@Mopac
lol this dude is gunna make this win a lot easier than I thought it'd be. All he does is quote the bible.

Listen "dood," I've read your bible cover to cover probably more times than you have, so you can save your bible quotes. They aren't backed by evidence, and they certainly aren't convincing enough alone. Go write your rebuttal in the debate, and PLEASE, use some evidence, or at least make a good argument. I want a challenge.