Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 245
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Sort of.  Monotheist are atheists to all other religions. 

So what is this polytheism thing?

You don't believe in a specific creator God, they all worked as a team to create the world?

If there is a single creator God and lesser gods and that is why you call yourself polytheism than it is semantics. Lesser God's and angels would be the same exact thing, and then we are debating semantics here. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
LOL No where close. Stick to gay jokes. Better to look bigoted than dumb.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So what is your theory on the origin of the universe?

Let me see, since I used to be into Wicca when I was 13 years old, but grew out of it.

You think mother goddess created the world. A single goddess, and then birthed the other gods.

Basically monotheism, but since you use semantics to say she birthed God's I stead of angels, it is called polytheism 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Are you a regular on the religion forum
Not anymore. I used to be one of the most active there (check my forum post history) but I am one of the many that abandoned the place due to its toxicity. The only people that have stayed there are those that are okay with or actively perpetuate the toxic environment so naturally those would be more likely to be against any attempt to clean it up.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
I'm not Wiccan. Never have been. Keep trying you might eventually guess right. In the meantime let's see how many religions you can offend.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
He will offend many and feel good about it.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
It's why he will win. He's one of the problems and the other problems will vote for him. Don't think for a second the religion forum isn't freaking out a little bit at the idea they might actually get reprimanded for something they say that's inappropriate. But they know that if they threaten to leave it at all stop. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
He certainly is a huge part of the problem, that we agree on. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
@bmdrocks21
You are 2 users that I believe are inclined to vote Wylted this election but I also know you both like very high quality debates.

I will make a tournament happen if we can get enough interest and I would like to assure you both that this 'censorship' you are scared about firstly can't be properly done by the President, as only the mods can censor but what can be done is the President can use the fact that he continually advised the mods to help a victim out who then snaps later on due to continued abuse.

Neither of you abuse users at all from what I've seen. So, I am curious what you think I'd 'censor'?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@MisterChris
You are all Mods (or in Chris' case ex-mod) that are important to the website of course. You will also be very important to this election and I understand you wanting to avoid public bias.

I am @ing you all to state any concerns you'd have with me as President or plus points you think I have, it could add a lot for readers and even yourselves to get a better idea of what I am as a candidate.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
@TheUnderdog
@Intelligence_06
@gugigor
You are 4 users that despite being active in your own ways, I have ended up out of touch with or rarely interacting with.

I also know 2 of you in particular have reasons to dislike me. 

I am @ing you here to air your grievances and/or ask me whatever you like about what I promise you as president.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
Will you be voting in this election?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
@Tradesecret
@Amoranemix
@Lunar108
As members of the religion forum, which despite being the most active part of the website is the most neglected in moderation, leading to many feeling the only outlet they have is to lash out back at their abusers, I would like you to know that Wylted has made it explicitly clear he wishes to leave you alienated as he feels you have your own culture that the site needn't care about or interfere with.

Please ask me anything you want to about what I'll do differently and what approach I think will help the forums and why it needs to be done.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Not anymore. I used to be one of the most active there (check my forum post history) but I am one of the many that abandoned the place due to its toxicity. The only people that have stayed there are those that are okay with or actively perpetuate the toxic environment so naturally those would be more likely to be against any attempt to clean it up.
He won't reply to this, with good reason.

I will help people like you feel welcome there by first making those currently there who are reacting to harassment rather than themselves initating it to properly have a way to handle the situation in a rule-abiding manner that they see the results of.

So far, the only person I have assisted via PM who is active there is Polytheist-Witch and instead of going for an RO, she has learned a technique or 2 from me about how to handle a harasser without breaking a single rule no matter what the harasser throws at her.

I would be happy to do the same for the rest. I feel they will listen to me more if I'm in an official position like President and regardless I will ardently defend any who were neglected by mods and reacted out of frustration if they get banned.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
@Athias
Do you have any questions about my campaign?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
@MarkWebberFan
@Benjamin
any questions?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
@Dr.Franklin
@The_Meliorist
Please ask me anything about my campaign.
Wylted
Wylted
Why do you think being frustrated because of a perceived injustice  by "harrassers " , gives people the right to act out on their frustrations in immature and hostile ways? 

Why do you think those people deserve any special defense, once they begin lashing out?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Why do you think being frustrated because of a perceived injustice  by "harrassers " , gives people the right to act out on their frustrations in immature and hostile ways? 
If rules are not enforced on the initial abuser, the victim ends up with no outlets to feel safe other than complete retreat or retaliation.

If the reason for the lack of enforcement is lack of communication and pressure on mods to act on said communication, the President is in fact a very good role to both gain the trust of users to turn to and to push mods to act knowing that if they fail to act, then the victim who retaliates won't go down without the President ensuring that the negligence of the mods is sufficiently held to judgement by the userbase as the President is supposed to not allow such things to be swept under the rug, contrary to your belief.

Why do you think those people deserve any special defense, once they begin lashing out?
I intend to defend absolutely everyone, from the harshest to the tamest so long as they understand that it is also their duty, now that they know they're protected, to be kind and protective to their fellow user. The entire environment will shift, it just takes the right kind of pressure.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
God's ethics are none of your business. If he tells you to cut off your right arm, you do it. He is your master.
- Wylted
That is what you'd advise someone hallucinating somebody telling them to cut their arm off?

Wylted
Wylted
Like I said in the other thread. Just somebody who is told by God to cut off their arm. I would advise you to ignore hallucinations if they tell you to do so. 

Jesus says in the new testament that if your eyes keep you from heaven to cut them out, and Jesus goes through a few body parts, saying that it is better to go to heaven without your body parts than to let them keep you from heaven. 
Wylted
Wylted
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for. thee that one of thy members should perish
Matthew 5:29

The guy acknowledges the Bible is true but shows disdain for God. I gave him biblical advise. 
Wylted
Wylted
Full verse from a more modern translation

"If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Perhaps metaphors elude you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I never said I'm Christian either but that's irrelevant since even if it's true that verse was a metaphor about making smaller sacrifices for the greater good.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@zedvictor4
@oromagi
@Discipulus_Didicit
@FLRW
As Wylted is resorting to using others to campaign for him via PM and each candidate is disallowed to themselves campaign via PM, I request you (if you can and are willing) to PM one person you are friends with on this website to vote me. 

Each person you persuade is a person they will struggle to persuade, it's up to you. I can only have faith in your hard work.

I won't promise favouritism because I will rule with a fair hand, I promise though that I will remember you and your outspoken support in all future endeavours on this website.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
If it is necessary for me to cease public campaigning on this thread in order to enable me to request the above, I am willing to do so.

However, I fail to understand it. If you are requesting that, it means you admit this is PM campaigning and should disallow us both to do it. It can't work both ways.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@Reece101
You 2 seem likely to support me if I am understanding correctly, though neither has explicitly stated so, please read 2 posts above.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Wait, this is a presidential election thread?

I mean, I am ok with whatever you do, as long as you don't get corrupt.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
It's the part before the election, this is my thread, Wylted's is here:

I recommend to read pages of each in order to not take our own words at face value and see each try to expose the other.