Should we crack down on members of the religion forum

Author: Wylted

Total: 78
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Something the President has to be willing to do.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
He can do whatever he likes as long as it is in code with the election rules
Sure, where in the rules did it mention an exception to the ban on campaigning in other threads?

Also what was the point in him saying he'd suspended his public campaign?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
RM, he quoted you from a previous thread without context and he's arguing with you. If you want to call that campaigning, then fine, but that's not out of bounds.

And if you want to point out the fact that he's doing it despite his stating that he suspended his campaign, fine. It's not our arena to enforce his own statements. Whether he's stated that he's actively campaigning or not, if he does something that is clearly out of bounds based on the election rules, we'll intervene. As of yet, he hasn't.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Just asking you to admit what a chronic liar he is, is all.

I admit I hoped you were enforcing things like official suspension of public campaign but since neither that nor misquoting someone to make them seem pro-domestic-abuse is disallowed, I guess I was just hoping you'd point out he's a serial liar, which you have even if you didn't intend to.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
You want me to step in the middle of this, clearly. I don't need to do your work for you, nor do I need to take sides here. You're perfectly capable of pointing out the faults in your opponent. I don't know when you came under the misapprehension that I was supposed to be the arbiter of truth in this election, but I am not and won't pretend to be.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
There's never been an election here like this before, this thread should be locked by you for being campaigning outside our campaign threads yet you let it happen so I was curious where you draw the line.

I did nothing wrong at all by asking.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I'd say you've been doing more than asking, but if that's how you want to play it, then go for it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

You're the one playing games here, not me.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, because my position being consistent with the rest of moderation in stating that we should not interfere at this stage is "playing games", and my being tagged repeatedly by you for the purpose of dragging me into multiple threads so that you can point to certain choices your opponent has made is just asking questions and not at all playing games.

Interesting framing of how this little back and forth has been going.

In any case, in case I am somehow playing into this, I'll bow out for now. Should something else come up, I'm sure you'll be the first to let me know.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
 Should something else come up, I'm sure you'll be the first to let me know.
It's accurate to say this, shame you don't realise it's a compliment if one ignores your tone.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Wylted
I will never understand why you guys turn the presidential elections on this forum into Game of Thrones.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
I'm coming out of retirement and i want to be the president/mod of this forum. I am the dragon queen after all... in some dreams anyways. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Something the President has to be willing to do.
Contradictory to your message that you have a good relation with them when you openly insult them on forums
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
I'm coming out of retirement and i want to be the president/mod of this forum. I am the dragon queen after all... in some dreams anyways. 
In other words, we'll like you a lot for most of your reign, but then you'll go cray-cray and set everyone on fire with your dragons and Jon Snow will cry? Well... I suppose it's better than what we'd get if Wylted ran the place. Okay, you've got my vote.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Contradictory to your message that you have a good relation with them when you openly insult them on forums
Literally everyone can have good relations to them, I told Wylted it was easy to. I also know that when it comes down to it, they take what I say on board. Polytheist witch's situation has been helped by me already and I didn't even need president status to do so.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Literally everyone can have good relations to them, I told Wylted it was easy to. I also know that when it comes down to it, they take what I say on board. Polytheist witch's situation has been helped by me already and I didn't even need president status to do so.
Insulting mods publically =/= good relationship with them

You can spin it however you want
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Show me the insults I said in this thread then, mr. spin artist.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also some of the best friends can insult each other, tease, banter, yell at each other and make up afterwords.

I am not comparing the relation of me and the mods to that at all, I'm saying your 'equality' absolute is kind of a lot wavier than you believe.