Should we crack down on members of the religion forum

Author: Wylted

Total: 78
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
I agree with what you said. It is Wylted who believes that the Religion subforum should be neglected by mods to have its own 'culture'.

To be crystal clear, there is a significant minority of users here perpetuating it. They just need guidance.

If mods do not intervene, it results in permanent bans for users eventually. A couple of users did not want to reform but some just didn't understand how to deal with it because they had gotten accustomed to this being a mod wasteland all the way back on DDO to now.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
You have to keep in mind that the atheist who post  think all their posts are on the up and up and only the theist posts violate the rules. The reason there was such a huge influx of atheists that left the site this time last year was because the mods basically said we're going to crack down on everybody and they left before it happened because they didn't want to be penalized. This is why they no longer touch atheists in the religion forum.  They don't want them leaving cuz without them there's no arguing in the religion form which is what they need. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I never said that portion of the site should be neglected. I was just stating you want a crackdown, and I don't think I am God of the religion forum. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
What you dubbed a 'crackdown' is merely me caring for the forums.

Let me reiterate what I said in my own campaign thread:

Anyways, Wylted has his faults and obvious character flaws, but he seems pretty dedicated, and he has less emotion invested in his decisions. I don't have any real reason to support any one of you other than I feel there could be improvements. Wylted seems content with the direction of what takes place there. You seem to have a deeper vision, but the question would be what kind of vision and what do you have to offer a dead-beat obnoxious forum and what do you think could be improved? 
The answer, aside from what I've already made clear, is as follows:

• Those that directly 'go after' particular users over and over will be effectively disciplined and reformed by consistent, active attention paid by moderators to the forum. The president is able to uniquely influence moderator decisions by being invited to a Discord server and channel(s) where private things are discussed. I will ensure they approach this actively.
  • Any who currently have felt ignored, I will get heard. One such user has been polytheist witch, I am the reason Whiteflame posted this to her thread: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/7101/post-links/305388 and have helped her with techniques to definitely get action taken against her harasser if it continues from this day forth (how to react to the harasser and how to report it to the highest ranking moderator that can act on it).
  • Over time, the environment will lack the hostility that's currently there and you will find more casual posters enter as well as that current posters act with less severe caution because they fear less abuse.
I am the primary reporter, to my knowledge, that got BrotherDThomas handled. I don't say that with pride, I say to make clear that even when I've rarely used the forums, it's always been a concern for me whether or not a user or two are making life hell for the rest in the Religion Forums.

I am not campaigning here, I am having to paste posts as Wylted forced this subforum to become an arena we compete in regarding said subforum.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
It's good he started it here, the religion forum is basically the main problem on the site. Well that the mods do nothing to try to bring in new members. Of course it would be nice if the mods actually weighed in on anything being said about anybody but we all know how that works.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Exactly, this has become a place of severe neglect. I feel the right president can negate that with active participation.
Wylted
Wylted
what you call abuse, I call caring about somebody.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
Is quoting the opponent of the election completely out of context allowed?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
He's allowed to quote whoever he wants in the way he wants. We're not going to police how he chooses to do so. If you want to set the record straight, that's up to you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
No thanks, I think anybody with a sufficient amount of brain function can realise I never said that quote in the contextless way he quoted it.

I was referring to using power to protect people, he implied I am pro-abuse.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
All the more reason not to draw attention to it, particularly by trying to bring in moderation to address it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
I like to be clear on how immoral and low-blow you guys let opponents be to each other before retaliating later on if need be.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Never happen. Ragnar likes the way the forum is crap. He basically said it in a post a year ago. Mods don't want the do anything in general, especially not in the most active forum. If ever reprimanded the atheists would leave, they already lost half about a year ago when they left for a new site.  About the time I was banned to try and keep them. Year later nothing has changed. 
Your re-writing is history is fascinating.

To easily prove you're either a blatant liar or in a state of psychosis, how are your conversations with BrotherD and Ethang going? You claim nothing has changed, which would require them to still be here.

Further, your ban was because of your own systematic garbage behavior, not anyone threatening to leave unless innocent little you were banned. Your old posts are publicly available if you need to review. While there's probably hundreds of others, it took about a minute to find this gem: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1974-mod-harassment?page=1&post_number=3
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
The response to moderation intervening in instances like this is usually pretty negative, and our goal here isn't to micromanage how anyone runs their campaign or smears another. Seems unnecessary to rope us into individual posts like this, but if it supports your narrative, go for it.
Wylted
Wylted
That is the full quote about your goal with this forum. I linked to it, so anybody could see it is the full quote
Wylted
Wylted
I was referring to using power to protect people, he implied I am pro-abuse.
This is how people who abuse power always frame it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
The response to moderation intervening in instances like this is usually pretty negative, and our goal here isn't to micromanage how anyone runs their campaign or smears another. Seems unnecessary to rope us into individual posts like this, but if it supports your narrative, go for it.
It doesn't support my narrative, Wylted's blatant twisting of words as well as outright deception do that for me.

I asked you if it's allowed to totally and utterly quote the opponent out of context and then pretend you linked to the quote later (when you literally didn't):

^ quoting without context

That is the full quote about your goal with this forum. I linked to it, so anybody could see it is the full quote
gaslighting to pretend he linked to the thing where I said he quoted without context.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
It's good the powers that be finally spoke up and said something in the post so we know exactly where they stand on the issue. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
A much more pertinent matter to discuss is why he's campaigning here, not even in his own campaign thread, yet he is considered by you to have ceased his public campaign.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
@RM

his own campaign thread

Where are these campaign threads?
Wylted
Wylted
I thought you were referring to post one of this thread obviously, genius. Lol. You aren't this dumb. Stop pretending to be, because you think it makes me look bad
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Wylted
Who is #51 above addressed to, Wylted?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Stephen
Rm blocked me, so that is how I communicate with him
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Wylted
Where can I find these "campaign threads"  he's talking about?

he has had me on block for ages now, but it doesn't stop him posting to me on my own threads. shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I thought you were referring to post one of this thread obviously, genius. Lol. You aren't this dumb. Stop pretending to be, because you think it makes me look bad
Perhaps the dumb one is you, since it was blatant what I was referring to as I'd just @'d whiteflame about your quoting me trying to frame me as saying something I wasn't once the context was applied.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen

If you're curious here is where Wylted pretends to stop/suspend his public campaign and encourages people to PM-campaign on his behalf:

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
A much more pertinent matter to discuss is why he's campaigning here, not even in his own campaign thread, yet he is considered by you to have ceased his public campaign.
As far as I can tell, these responses aren't campaigning. Maybe I'm missing something, but since he's not obviously using them to bolster himself in the election, it's hard to call any of these campaigning. 

That being said, if we do catch wind of a PM scheme where Wylted actively seeks votes for himself from others on the site (or that others seek to do it in his stead), we will act upon that. They are allowed to poll, they are allowed to encourage voting, but that's about it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
, but since he's not obviously using them to bolster himself in the election, it's hard to call any of these campaigning. 
LOL, my goodness!

Ragnar, can you actually see this? xD
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Talk about “good relations with mods.”

Openly calls one of them out lmfao
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman