Mod Issues

Author: Mikal

Total: 211
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I am still completely requesting them to put an RO between Lunatic and I as I am not interested in being his latest victim, he is free to pick on others. If it helps Lunatic for me to admit something, I am happy I am out of this election drama, he is not wrong... Except I am not out of it and he has been harassing me throughout both before and after my dropping out. Thanks and bye.
If you don't want apart of it stop making yourself apart of it. Keep my and airmaxs names out of your mouth. I am not going to let you slander either of us and get away scot free over and over again. You wanna call people out, you should be able to get called out yourself. Pie hasn't said sh1t in days, and I haven't said sh1t to pie since I made that thread retaliating his. Same could apply to you.

RM: Starts shit with lunatic
Lunatic: Responds to it
RM: *surprise pikachu face*
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I know what the site is I don't need you to explain it to me. Everybody talks about why the sites dead but nobody wants to talk about how to bring people in or how to advertise or how to do anything else to get people in. And if you're going to say RM is the only problem then you need to go to some other parts of the forums and read. We're having these stupid elections for an office that has no power instead of I don't know doing some sort of fundraiser to advertise somewhere to get people to come to the site. Or host some kind of debate event with politics being the way they are how is it we can't get people here to engage in political conversation.
I know you want to play into your confirmation bias, but if you actually read airmax's campaign for presidency, he has some pretty deep and elaborate plans to advertise the site. It just takes actually reading it and not judging books by their cover, as you are doing now. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I am free to talk about Airmax without you harassing me actually. However, I will ask for RO that we don't talk about each other anymore, until then you can try your way and I try my way.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lunatic
I'm not voting for anybody for president for this website. It's a it was a stupid office before, it's a stupid office now, it doesn't mean anything, it's a popularity contest and I'm not engaging in it. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I'm not voting for anybody for president for this website. It's a it was a stupid office before, it's a stupid office now, it doesn't mean anything, it's a popularity contest and I'm not engaging in it. 
Sure sure have a lot of opinions to share from the peanut gallery. I can tell how much you "don't care" about it ;-)
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am free to talk about Airmax without you harassing me actually. However, I will ask for RO that we don't talk about each other anymore, until then you can try your way and I try my way.
I agree you should be free to talk about airmax. I should also be free to retaliate against you for doing so. 
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
That's literally not what I said at all. I don't even think you read what I said. I don't think RM is a problem. I was advocating for him not to be banned. I think moderation is a problem because it's totally arbitrary (which is understandable) but they air to the side of muting or locking instead of allowing things to play out. 

Yes the election matters. Especially with max running because he was over all the current moderators for around 7 years. They worked under him and helped him and he fostered a website that was active with his ideology. So getting someone in there that sets the groundwork for a strong culture will allow for growth. 

You can't host debate tournaments when there is no one to debate. You can't host Mafia tournaments when there is no one to play. The specific position max is advocating for and will achieve is working directly with the site owner to have targeted marketing so it brings people in. Once those people are in and once there are people then you host events and it can grow organically because of Google. 

I did a debate with Roy on DDO that got like 50k views. And for like 5 years I would get random messages from people on Google asking me my thoughts because they were doing a paper for school or college. You need people to be active and invested which is done through social connections and making friends and the organic part will grow naturally
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lunatic
I can share as much about what I'd like to see happen to the site is I want to it has nothing to do with the election and I don't know why you think you get to tell everybody on this f****** website what they can and can't do.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lunatic
I'm not talking about him I don't give two flying s**** about him I don't even know who he was until literally like a week ago. Not talking about him I'm talking about the site if you think the site and him are the same thing that's your train of thought.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I can share as much about what I'd like to see happen to the site is I want to it has nothing to do with the election and I don't know why you think you get to tell everybody on this f****** website what they can and can't do.
Lol when did I tell you what to do

I'm not talking about him I don't give two flying s**** about him I don't even know who he was until literally like a week ago. Not talking about him I'm talking about the site if you think the site and him are the same thing that's your train of thought.
I am telling you exactly what you are saying is wrong. There is someone who wants to make the site better and has tons of plans to do so. His name is airmax. He literally is the solution to the problems you stated lol.

Your anger is humorous to me. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
hmmm
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lunatic
Then where has he been? 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Vader
If you want to lead a call to action for the next MEEP where we get rid of the call out rule. Feel free to do so. I was able to do as such with RO's and making a more effective system
Just following orders huh?

Those rules literally left the site in ruins, almost destroying it. Now that airmax is back, perhaps it can be saved before it's last dying breath, but literally using the same excuses as the nazis did in nuremburg is not a healthy attitude to have. 

Instead of blindly following things that ruined the site and almost destroyed it and carry on David's legacy, please use some common sense and behave ethically in the future
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mikal
I did a debate with Roy on DDO that got like 50k views. And for like 5 years I would get random messages from people on Google asking me my thoughts because they were doing a paper for school or college
I can confirm this happens. I Have debates in the 100k range even, and I got messages all the time for people. 

I also met people around during historical events I debated like the people on the USS Liberty who freely and randomly reached out to me during a debate with somebody. 

These people Don't know what they are missing out on by being in the dark. Their debates have the opportunity to help them meet influential people and if their debates are seen, they have the opportunity to plant a seed that changes the thinking of the world.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
Moderating a debate website is 'hardly analogous to being a Nazi.
'Many jobs require that we take actions or follow policies we may not personally agree with.
But if SupaDudz job doesn't require throwing a live baby into an incinerator,
I'm not going to be much bothered by him following this websites rules.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You need to pay attention when rivals join together to support people or something. A lot of us were rivals with each other on DDO and we are standing in unison. 

Some of us were rivals with max and we are supporting him as well. 

This would be like if the American Nazi party and the anti defemation league got together to support a presidential candidate. It should mean that almost everyone gets on board and that what is at stake is bigger than all the other random bullshit.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
That's exactly why you will be stuck wherever you are in life. Every job I get, I have been promoted within 6 months. One of the biggest reasons is I do what's right and could give a shit less about rules. My bosses noticed that I am effective and refuse to let red tape or bullshit get in the way of me accomplishing big things. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
Oh, Good for you.
In other places I've seen people 'lose their jobs, or endanger patient safety by 'not following the rules.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
LOL
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
Patient safety protocols exist for a reason. You don't violate rules that cause harm, you only violate things where the violation brings more good. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
I don't expect people to always understand what will bring harm or good.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
People that can't figure it out, shouldn't accept any sort of authority. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
They will often not realize that, 'or not care.
Wylted
Wylted
Supa is odd, because he simultaneously claims to like a laissez-faire approach to modding, while he has locked threads on the basis of it "stirring up drama" on several repeated occasions.

So he knows what the greater good is here, and refuses to abide by it
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
We expect law givers, law enforcers, to 'follow the rules.
We expect such of our fellow citizenry.
The 'greater 'good, is to keep to a society that has respect for rules.
If SupaDudz did not follow the rules, I'd have less reason to support him.

(Joke)
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Wylted
You act like I locked the original thread lol
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Please mark me a time where I have locked a thread for stirring up drama because I highly doubt that I have in the past 6 months
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Didn't the jannies lock the RAMP thread?
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
The one where I posted a video of black kids watching a black man drown and laughing at him