-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@Castin
@Lemming
@oromagi
@FLRW
CHANGE OF PLANS VOTE 3ru7al

Airmax1227 endorsed a game of mafia:

Live Mafia Hangout on Discord. Join Now!

If one is to put this together with this (from Lunatic, regarding the same night):

lol pretty embarrassing posts you made there huh? There was worse lol. We all had some good laughs at some of them last night. 

The kind of activity and 'bonding' experience that Airmax is intending to use for this site to grow involves humiliation, mocking other users and basically cosntant taunting. This culture was commonplace on DDO and one of the biggest reasons I grew to hate Airmax is he only moderated to protect the bullies, never the bullied.

I bit my tongue because I felt he was here for the greater good, on balance but this is no longer fun and games to me. Imagine if all your posts you'd made here were cherry-picked for the most pecuiliar seeming ones out of context so that people could humiliate and mock you, then imagine that you actually turned up to that event (I am fortunate that I didn't, though in a way I am also unfortunate as it delayed my reaction/response and I made this thread after it not realising this had occurred and Airmax sure didn't condemn it or speak against it nor has he with any of the abuse Lunatic has hurled my way).

If you really, sincerely want a President that endorses that, which he always did back on DDO and want that kind of culture here, then vote Airmax, otherwise stick to 3RU7AL who actually gives a shit about the website and didn't just turn up to win.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
@badger
Would you enjoy people mocking you and your odd posts? You both have made some, I am curious your stance on this.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
@gugigor
@Benjamin
@ComputerNerd
@Exanimaa
CHANGE OF PLANS VOTE 3ru7al

Airmax1227 endorsed a game of mafia:

Live Mafia Hangout on Discord. Join Now!

If one is to put this together with this (from Lunatic, regarding the same night):

lol pretty embarrassing posts you made there huh? There was worse lol. We all had some good laughs at some of them last night. 

The kind of activity and 'bonding' experience that Airmax is intending to use for this site to grow involves humiliation, mocking other users and basically cosntant taunting. This culture was commonplace on DDO and one of the biggest reasons I grew to hate Airmax is he only moderated to protect the bullies, never the bullied.

I bit my tongue because I felt he was here for the greater good, on balance but this is no longer fun and games to me. Imagine if all your posts you'd made here were cherry-picked for the most pecuiliar seeming ones out of context so that people could humiliate and mock you, then imagine that you actually turned up to that event (I am fortunate that I didn't, though in a way I am also unfortunate as it delayed my reaction/response and I made this thread after it not realising this had occurred and Airmax sure didn't condemn it or speak against it nor has he with any of the abuse Lunatic has hurled my way).

If you really, sincerely want a President that endorses that, which he always did back on DDO and want that kind of culture here, then vote Airmax, otherwise stick to 3RU7AL who actually gives a shit about the website and didn't just turn up to win.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
@Barney
@Username
@Double_R
@DeprecatoryLogistician
You are being @'d to notify you of this thread not being what the title appears and some events changing my mind on Airmax.

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
flip flop harder lol 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I love how RM thinks he is doing something here lol 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
@David
@zedvictor4
@Reece101
@Lunar108
You are being @'d to notify you of this thread not being what the title appears and some events changing my mind on Airmax.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheHammer
@thett3
@PGA2.0
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Sum1hugme

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
@Dr.Franklin
@Trent0405
@Fruit_Inspector

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
you know what, 3RURAL has always been a good guy, +1 vote
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Dr.Franklin
So has Airmax
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Dream on.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Would you enjoy people mocking you and your odd posts? You both have made some, I am curious your stance on this
Depends on whether they are doing it to duck an argument I am making or not. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
They are doing it to bully you and relish in your humiliation.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not in your shoes. I can't tell you how to feel. I can tell you I don't care. In the rare cases it gets to me, I especially don't care if they enjoy it. Why would you care if they get enjoyment out of it. 

Let me give you some insight into my mentality a bit. For the most part, it drives people nuts for you to genuinely not give a shit. Sometimes not giving a shit is inappropriate.  

When I ran a restaurant, if I found out somebody hated working with me. No matter how much I hated also working with them. Every single one of their shifts I would make sure, they were scheduled with me. 

If they did get to me and annoy me, I would make sure that they felt more uncomfortable than me, by always being in their space and never letting them escape me talking to them or watching them. 

I mostly just genuinely don't give a shit, but when I do. I become worse than them. I urge you to mostly do the first thing, and especially stop giving a shit if they enjoy your suffering. 

I'm sure them enjoying it, gives you some sort of satisfaction that they are evil for enjoying the suffering of others,  but it does you no good and just allows them to live rent free in your head. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I think yourself and TUF should get a room already and stop spamming the forum with your inane bullshit. 

TUF's right. You're a bitch. You're also right. TUF's a sad sack and every post I read reeked of desperate need for validation. 

Nobody cares. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
I was swaying toward Airmax, per your logic that this site needs new users more than just about any other concern at this point. Now you've changed your mind just because Lunatic claimed Airmax laughed at you back in the Slytherin common room or something?

You were the only one telling me to vote for Airmax who was not an Airmax fanboy. If Luna has indeed flipped your endorsement, then he has flipped one of the endorsements I found the most unbiased. You seemed willing to put your feelings and your past history with Airmax aside to support the candidate you believed was best for DART. That held more weight to me than an endorsement from someone who's always been chummy with Airmax.

So I'm asking you to put your feelings aside again, and tell me: Do you still think Airmax is our best bet for saving DART? You said before that you know Airmax has the ability to bring in more people and stop the site from dying. Is that still true? Because that's kind of all I need to know.

The bottom line for me is that if this site loses many more users, it's going to die. Just trickle off into total inactivity. I'm not aware of any other user on DART with web development experience who is willing to take on the burden of launching a new site for us, which means if DART goes under, we're all just gonna have to take the boat to the Ellis Island of a new website -- a site where we won't have the same community, and won't have a voice in site governance or development. Now as far as I know, only one of our candidates has a platform based on site growth.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I think the answer is neutral on growth.

Airmax is good at growing it with frat boy types while 3RU7AL has just finally revealed he has sway with some very libertarian types:

Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
3RU7AL wants to advertise through places like the Hive or his blog.

"https://bbs.market/ZLOGIC/posts - - it's easy to reach tons of people here
I also have 35+ members on my discord channel and even more in my contacts list who would be good initiates for DebateArt.com
and 422 followers here - https://hive.blog/@logiczombie
I recently exposed some fundamental errors in the HIVE system and my notoriety has skyrocketed there."
Airmax wants to advertise through Twitter.

Growth needs to begin with a trickle of awareness, new members and activity, drive that planned development over time, and do that within reasonable metrics over specific periods. One step towards this goal requires that we dust off that ol' twitter account and get some hits going. We'll eventually also focus on SEO areas, but I want DART to actually be something people get linked to because of their interest in debate - that needs to be the focus, what brings in new quality members, and what retains those members. It's not enough just to hashtag the common abortion debate, we need to get specifically topical. If there is a trending hashtag and a breaking event we need to incentivize and encourage debates on it immediately to make DART at the forefront of that interest. To that end, we are going to begin the DART STARS DEBATE TEAM (or we can call it something else if you have a better name). This cadre of the willing are going to be tasked by the Social Media Director to start these topical debates and then we'll get the twitter account to feed on those trends.
Twitter is better for reaching more people.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Lol, 'twitter' sure.

It's a bluff.

If Airmax had so much sway like that then the real question is this, why hasn't he used it yet?

Based on what I see on Hive, it's full of very keen-to-debate personalities. I definitely believe they will eagerly show up as that user is indeed popular there and based on other things 3RU7AL has posted, I believe that user (logiczombie) is the 3RU7AL on this debate.

Airmax may bring in more thuglike socialites but do you know how you were treated on DDO? That's exactly how anyone outside of the inner circle ends up treated when Airmax is in charge with whiteflame by his side, which is going to instantly be happening.

The reason I accepted that happening was firstly I felt 3RU7AL had nothing big to offer, now I see differently, secondly I didn't feel badly treated enough by Lunatic to the blind-eye of Airmax to switch sides.

Airmax didn't just turn a blind eye, he invited people to it and participated in it and find it fun.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
It's so heartwarming to see RM and Airmax bury the hatchet.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Castin
You are free to take whatever I say with a grain of salt since you assume I am "chummy" with airmax, but I am surprised you are basing so much of your vote on the opinions of others opinion on a user. I would recommend you read both campaigns yourself and decide. Obviously I would encourage you to vote airmax's because his will be objectively better, but even then I would rather you just research yourself than judge an opinion from someone as volatile and flip floppy as RM. Airmax literally did nothing to justify him switching his vote. Him switching his vote is literally only him trying to get back at me, because I keep logically handing it to him the forums. Regardless of whether you take my side on this or not, I can guarantee you RM is using his vote for manipulative purposes and not over anything airmax actually did.

Just research both candidates yourself and form your own conclusion. You've had enough dealings with RM that you have to know somewhat what I am talking about here...
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
If Airmax had so much sway like that then the real question is this, why hasn't he used it yet?
We could ask the same of 3RU7AL. The answer is probably the same: They've been busy with their own lives just like we have, and this race is their attempt to become more involved in helping the community.

Airmax may bring in more thuglike socialites but do you know how you were treated on DDO? That's exactly how anyone outside of the inner circle ends up treated when Airmax is in charge with whiteflame by his side, which is going to instantly be happening.
They did always seem clique-y to me, but I care more about the health of the site than about how I'm personally treated. As long as we get a bunch of new users I could give a shit if I'm not in the in-crowd.

If 3RU7AL wins, Airmax's fanboys will probably leave the site out of disappointment or spite, and we're too small to be able to afford many walkouts; a lot would then depend on 3RU7AL to bring in more people to replenish our number. And 3RU7AL isn't interested in promoting the site on Twitter, which is the best place for it.

Mikal
Mikal
-->
@Castin
For context max never has treated anyone poorly. I encourage you to review his posts directed at rm even when rm is blatantly attacking him non stop. He's nothing but cordial. 

RMD entire take is based 

RM is just mad he was banned 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
I've literally never interacted with Airmax
Castin
Castin
-->
@Lunatic
You are free to take whatever I say with a grain of salt since you assume I am "chummy" with airmax, but I am surprised you are basing so much of your vote on the opinions of others opinion on a user.
Well little do YOU know I'm basing my vote on the opinions of others' opinions of others' opinions on a user! BAM.

I would recommend you read both campaigns yourself and decide. Obviously I would encourage you to vote airmax's because his will be objectively better, but even then I would rather you just research yourself than judge an opinion from someone as volatile and flip floppy as RM. Airmax literally did nothing to justify him switching his vote. Him switching his vote is literally only him trying to get back at me, because I keep logically handing it to him the forums. Regardless of whether you take my side on this or not, I can guarantee you RM is using his vote for manipulative purposes and not over anything airmax actually did.

Just research both candidates yourself and form your own conclusion. You've had enough dealings with RM that you have to know somewhat what I am talking about here...
Not sure what more I can do, beyond what I already have: read their threads, asked them questions, and in Airmax's case, listened to those who have personal experience with him. Sounds like you're concerned I might not have done that already? I have, never fear.

I know how much RM dislikes Airmax, so when he endorsed him, I took more notice. I've never been in the Airmax in-group, and neither has RM, so maybe that was a factor too.

But you don't really need to worry. I didn't take anything you said as damning evidence against Airmax and your drama with RationalMadman will not have a bearing on my vote. I'll choose the person I think can best help the site grow.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
He is a close associate of Airmax and the type of person Airmax is avidly supported by, if you don't at all judge by association, you're missing the difference between a chosen friend and a relative.