Are there people purposefully trying to make people not wear masks unironically?

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 41
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Title says.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Before covid, when I managed a restaurant,  I would get really aggressive with any odd coming in and forgetting to remove their motorcycle helmet. After covid, I probably would have just kept my mouth shut even for them. I can see people, a bit paranoid about robberies, doing it though. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
Likely, if individuals or exist,
That prefer not to wear masks,
If in groups, would prefer other's to share their values.

Expanded all the more, the higher their percentage.
Though such is the same for mask wearers, I suppose.

One feels impelled by peer pressure,
Everyone is wearing masks, I ought to.
No one is wearing masks, I ought not.

That person is not confirming with the group and/or me?
They ought be.

. . .

Not that people aren't individuals, or have good reasons for their beliefs,
But at the least, I think of group think.
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
De Peter Mccullough states “Masks only filter out about three microns. The virus is one micron.”,  implying that masks don't work. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Bones
Then his mask must be outdated as hell.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
How does one either wear a mask or not, either ironically or unironically?

Can one also wear ones shoes with irony?

Or perhaps unironically go bare foot.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
People could tell people to not wear masks ironically. They are "telling' ironically, such as being a prank on people. They would still get arrested probably.

Are there people that are ideologically aligned to not only think that masks don't work, but that not wearing masks is actually better?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Ok.

So I will concede that it is perhaps unreasonable of me to expect that your English syntax and punctuation should be perfect.

But I'm still far from certain that I understand your question.

Though I would suggest that  not wearing a mask maybe more of a vanity issue, rather than being based upon any real application of scientific understanding.

Stupidity rather than irony.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
So I will concede that it is perhaps unreasonable of me to expect that your English syntax and punctuation should be perfect.
I think it is not entirely my problem. People(including me) misinterpret things all the time. Well, maybe I should work towards making my language less ambiguous.

I think I will answer my own question saying that yes. I just flipped out a previous news article a year old or so saying that there is a californian bartender who bans masks in his bar because they don't like to serve "pussies", or something like that.

Are there more? Are their motivations purely rebellious or do they actually hate masks?

Are the theory that masks are ineffective a main driving factor of people hating masks?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Chiefly vanity as I suggested, and as I will suggest again.

I doubt that many people seriously consider serious theory.

And gullible numpties are easily persuaded by any sweet talking bullshitter.

And one can choose to drink or not, in a bar with a vain, dictatorial bartender in charge.

I expect that other bars were available.

Though if serious theory were to be believed, then it was perhaps wiser not to gather in crowded bars.

And the wise probably didn't, and the less wise probably did.

And hate is a powerful emotion, and not really applicable when considering whether to wear a protective mask or not.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I haven’t seen any customers at my workplace try to convince me to take off my mask, only that I don’t need one (which I agree with, I only wear one at work where I am required to by the company). The vast majority don’t say anything about it. Personally, I think if you’re going to be offended by someone wearing a mask than you’re being as equally stupid as someone who is offended by someone not wearing a mask.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mharman
The mask is designed to reduce the spread of the virus.

The virus is transmitted on airborne mucus particles, sneezed or coughed out by an infected person.

The mask will prevent the spread of such airborne particles, and in doing so will prevent the spread of the virus, from the infected person.

It's pretty simple stuff.

Some uninformed or misinformed people, seem to think that the virus particles can crawl out  through the mask and ambush unsuspecting victims.

D'oh!

47 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Wear a mask if you want, wear steaming dog shit turds on your  face for all I care. I wont wear one because fuck you.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@sadolite
well, the answer is yes.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
A Zedku for Sadolite.

Wear a mask if you want,

Wear steaming dog shit turds on you face,

For all I care.

I won't wear one,

Because, 

Fuck you.

Wear a mask,

Care for all,

And steaming dog shit turds on your shoe,

If you want

Fuck!

Let's face it.

Life's one big risk.

Stay safe,

No point hiding.

So watch wear you step.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@sadolite
What is the Covid density in America or wherever you live?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Bones
 implying that masks don't work.
False, masks work to whatever degree that the do work.  No one said they are perfect i.e. keep out or in 100 % of the viruses.

There is plenty of irresponsible people who more concerned with raising false flags of freedom and liberty, than they are with health and safty concerns of their fellow citizens and especially immune comprised and older citizens who are affected the most by CoVid-19.

Yes, not responding to health concerns is one way to regulate overpopulation of humans on Earth for the current set of operational systems to sustain our current standards of living. Is disregard for health concerns of humanity the best way to regulate over population?

No, it is not. 

FLRW
FLRW

I use a KN95 mask. It filters down to .3 microns.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Intelligence_06
I live in Sarasota Florida and only personally know of 1 person who had covid if you can trust the test they took.  They had flu like symptoms for 3 or 4 days and it went away.  Our Hospitals were never overwhelmed either.  That is what I can report based on first hand knowledge. You can believe what the news says if you want. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
On CBS news they've been reporting a war in Ukraine for a few weeks now. I believe them. Saw it on another news show also.

Maybe fox news is treating it like they reported on Jan 6th insurrections, just some people visiting the capital i.e just some russians visiting Ukraine.

Yeah, right, you just cant trust anything you see on news or read on internet. 

Can you believe anything a person with orange hair says?

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The thing to remember is those that aren't vaccinated run a higher chance of dying if they get the virus and that's really all that anyone could want. Let nature run its course.
FLRW
FLRW

I'll bet Marcus wished that he had worn a mask.
Dec 2, 2021 — Christian television network founder and preacher Marcus Lamb, who discouraged vaccinations, dies after being hospitalized for Covid-19.
FLRW
FLRW
Orange County Deputy District Attorney Kelly Ernby, a California Republican activist who opposed coronavirus vaccine mandates, has died at the age of 46 from COVID-19.

Her boss, District Attorney Todd Spitzer, announced Erby’s death on Facebook on Monday.

“The Orange County district attorney’s office is utterly heartbroken by the sudden and unexpected passing of Deputy Dist. Atty. Kelly Ernby,” wrote Spitzer. “Kelly was an incredibly vibrant and passionate attorney who cared deeply about the work that we do as prosecutors — and deeply about the community we all fight so hard to protect.”

California Republicans paid tribute to Ernby on Twitter.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
I am suspect of everything when the news reports the why's and how's of anything. Yes I do believe there is military action taking place in the Ukraine. As to why, one will never know.  I usually wait months before I give an opinion on what supposedly happened today. The news is like theoretical science, its more wrong than it is right about anything it reports. I think I already stated to you my views on the how's and why's about Ukraine. Follow the money.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Here's a report that you can reject for no scientific reason that directly contradicts what you are saying about unvaccinated people  being more likely to die from covid. In the UK 9 out of every 10 covid deaths are among the vaccinated while deaths among the unvaccinated are dropping.  https://neomvisions.com/nine-in-10-covid-deaths-are-in-vaccinated-people/
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Is this supposed to be some legitimate reason to force people to take untested experimental vaccines. No one can prove what she died of , she could have just died from that regular flu that used to affect hundreds of millions of people and killed millions every year that mysteriously just disappeared. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@sadolite
My statemeant was more of a "the unvaccinated will die and you can feel morally superior" than a break down of statistical analysis. Thank you for the response.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Well good at least not so insanely paranoid that you dont suspect that the truth is, Russia is invading Ukraine with killingry weapons to conquer that nation/state.

Follow the money is always true every where on Earth. Old news.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Here's a report that you can reject for no scientific reason

But as always your suspect of it and more so because you have not seen this news on other mainstream  --CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, FOX{joke }---- news outlets.

If the Covid vaccines were killing 9 out of 10 people we would be hearing  much more about. 

Whistle blowers or parnaoids who dont trust authority.

Many people in China dont trust their government.  That is whole differrent story than USA, yet similar paranoia.

...." After more than two years of mostly fighting off Covid, Hong Kong has become the world’s worst hot spot. The main problem, as in so many other places, is vaccine skepticism.

...Heading into the current outbreak, nearly 40 percent of Hong Kong’s population was not vaccinated, and more than half of people over 70 — the age group most vulnerable to severe Covid — were unvaccinated.

By David Leonhardt...Why? Many Hong Kong residents do not trust the government, given the increasing repression by China. Others are dubious of Western medicine or have been influenced by misinformation, as my colleagues Alexandra Stevenson and Austin Ramzy have reported. “I worry that the side effects of vaccination will kill me,” Lam Suk-haa, who’s 80 years old, told The Times last month. “I won’t get vaccinated as long as I have a choice.”........

skip........................

..." The bottom line: Covid isn’t going away, but vaccination and other treatments can keep future increases manageable. The biggest problem remains the millions of people who remain unvaccinated, many of them by choice. That’s the case in the U.S., in Hong Kong and across much of Europe, Africa and the rest of the world.
Inducing more people to get shots — through persuasion or mandates — would probably save more lives than any other Covid policy."...

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
"If the Covid vaccines were killing 9 out of 10 people we would be hearing  much more about. " Your reading comprehension has failed you. I and the report did not say any such thing. It said "9 out 0f 10 people "who die of covid are vaccinated. "