Ron DeSantis should be kissing Trump’s ass

Author: Double_R

Total: 78
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Double_R
I am not gonna sit here and say Trump was a class act, dude was an asshole. No way around it. His conduct was not deplorable, but certainly unprofessional. He spoke half hazardless, but I would tend to look at his policy and what he did and I see various positives from my view

Lowering taxes as a whole, deregulations of the market, funding for special needs programs around America, the first president to try work a deal with North Korea to remove nuclear missiles, middle class income, vaccine production, unemployment rate during the 3 years of his presidency

I disagreed with his tariff policy, that's it. His COVID handling could've been better. 

Ultimately, he couldn't concede an election and let his pride catch up to him
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Double_R
Trump definitely understands branding, but I think you give him way too much credit. The man gets away with what he does because he is a perfect storm. His lifetime of conning everyone to believe he was richer than he actually was is what allowed him to build his empire to what it became, which allowed him to pass himself off as a business genius. Yet at the same time he comes off as a complete imbecile who might actually be dumb enough to believe the stupid things he is saying, which people could overlook because of his fake business acumen. So what we get is someone who is both dumb enough to champion ideas which dumb Americans approve of, and yet smart and successful enough to make the dumb people think this is reality.

No one else could get away with that because the smart ones couldn’t pass themselves off as genuine enough to believe this stuff, and the dumb ones would never have such a strong background to hold up as their resume.

So sure, branding is part of it but without the imbecilic aspect of this the man would have gotten no where. And I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the intention.
I think there are two dimensions to this.

First, I think that there's a typical self-congratulatory tendency in liberals that conservatives have grown adept at taking advantage of. I think that Dubya was being more canny than most realize when he said that people 'misunderestimated' him -- him being attacked as a yokel stoked his popularity because American's don't like to watch better off people pile on and mock someone who apes poor rural America's mannerisms - it appears grotesque because it is grotesque. But he wasn't a yokel. He was a patrician, a Texas blueblood who went to Andover and Yale, and a politician who in the end achieved all his aims. Disastrous as those aims were for the world and the country, they were very lucrative for Bush and his cadre. Bush let himself be hated and mocked and seen as a dumb redneck, even as he sailed through eight years of horrific mismanagement and corruption that benefited himself and his personal backers. Romney had a similar pedigree, but he owned his background, was cast as a wooden vulture capitalist, and failed spectacularly. Bush's alchemy was to wave the matador's red flag - the typical liberal just couldn't resist the gaffes and malapropisms, and their rabid vituperation managed to transfigure this slick, privileged scion of a Texas oil baron into a poor victimized hillbilly in the public eye. To quote an article I once read that touched on this subject, the left 'misunderestimated' Bush for all eight years of his presidency. Trump has tapped into this same strategy, and it worked wonders for him as well -- on the other side of the aisle, I think that AOC has also managed to master this trick. Her father was an architect and she grew up in an expensive neighborhood, but casts herself in the public eye as just a workin' class broad from Brooklyn because she got a job at some bougie bar for a few years. When someone achieves spectacular aims, and being perceived as 'dumb' helps them along their way, the canny observer (who isn't obsessed with feeling intellectually superior) entertains the idea that they might not be as dumb as they appear.

Secondly, without falling into that trap, I think there's some truth to what you said. Trump reminds me of a Baudrillard passage on Disneyland that I read recently, especially this segment:

The objective profile of the United States, then, may be traced throughout Disneyland, even down to the morphology of individuals and the crowd. All its values are exalted here, in miniature and comic-strip form. Embalmed and pacified. Whence the possibility of an ideological analysis of Disneyland (L. Marin does it well in Utopies, jeux d'espaces): digest of the American way of life, panegyric to American values, idealized transposition of a contradictory reality. To be sure. But this conceals something else, and that "ideological" blanket exactly serves to cover over a third-order simulation: Disneyland is there to conceal the fact that it is the "real" country, all of "real" America, which is Disneyland (just as prisons are there to conceal the fact that it is the social in its entirety, in its banal omnipresence, which is carceral). Disneyland is presented as imaginary in order to make us believe that the rest is real, when in fact all of Los Angeles and the America surrounding it are no longer real, but of the order of the hyperreal and of simulation. It is no longer a question of a false representation of reality (ideology), but of concealing the fact that the real is no longer real, and thus of saving the reality principle.

The Disneyland imaginary is neither true nor false: it is a deterrence machine set up in order to rejuvenate in reverse the fiction of the real. Whence the debility, the infantile degeneration of this imaginary. It's meant to be an infantile world, in order to make us believe that the adults are elsewhere, in the "real" world, and to conceal the fact that real childishness is everywhere, particularly among those adults who go there to act the child in order to foster illusions of their real childishness.
I think something similar happens with Trump, and specifically with the 'return to normalcy' which was supposed to happen afterwards. Part of why Trump was elected was the absolute failure of the Washington elite to do anything competently. In foreign policy, it's been nothing but failure after failure since the 90s. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Georgia/Ukraine. Domestically we've seen the financial crisis and bank bailouts. The student debt crisis. Health crises. Rampant drug overdoses and the hollowing out of the working class. It had become abundantly clear to large segments of the American people that the adults were not in charge any more.

So we went to Disneyland - we elected Trump. Trump was never going to right this sinking hegemon; he could at best hope to patch some holes. But the real service that he provided was a break from the psychological anguish of seeing the people that every elite institution in the country had selected - the creme de la creme of American society - running the country into the ground in every arena of public life. Many on the right have decided that Disneyland is nicer and want to stay there: this world with Trump's larger than life personality, the electrifying rallies, the screeching hordes of enemies outside, the madness and the mayhem - it's so much more colorful, it makes more sense than a world where every single institution was catastrophically failing with no solution in sight. Some on the left also want to stay in Disneyland. They have their own fever dreams and their own mythology: Trump the Russian agent serial rapist. Russians plotting to shut off the gas during a polar vortex. Havana Syndrome, hookers giving golden showers to the President, high treason, the walls are closing in! It's all very cinematic, the Manchurian Candidate meets James Bond.

There are also people who are leaving Disneyland with the desired effect - restoration of belief in 'the adults' running things. These are the people who want to vote for DeSantis, and the people who voted for Biden. These people just want to go back to normal; invigorated by the mad whirl of the Trump presidency, they find their faith in the adults running the show restored. But this too is an illusion, which Biden's presidency is shattering at breakneck speed. Inflation, disaster in Afghanistan, Covid resurging, now the clusterfuck in Ukraine. The same leeches that have been running the country into the ground for decades have flocked behind DeSantis's and Biden's banners, and they will do the same shit once they get back into power. Already we are losing that revived faith in the competence of the system - the adults can't be 'back in charge' because there never were any adults in charge to begin with -- Trump just made us forget that for a while in the mad whirl of his presidency. Personally, I think we're all going to be 'going to Disneyland' a lot more often in the years to come. In a way, this is a repetition. The Bush years had a markedly less pronounced but still unmistakable 'unreal' quality to them that quickly dampened during the Obama presidency - which turned out to be just as incompetent and corrupt on many levels. I think that this cycle is both intensifying in amplitude and accelerating in frequency. Hold on to your seats, this ride's not over yet.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Vader
His conduct was not deplorable, but certainly unprofessional
You don’t think threatening nuclear war over Twitter talking about “my button is bigger than yours”, using his platform as president to attack celebrities, calling the press the enemy of the people, or lying about things so simple as the crowd size at his inauguration is deplorable?

He spoke half hazardless, but I would tend to look at his policy and what he did and I see various positives from my view
But what was different about his policy from what we would have gotten from any other republican? His only major accomplishment was on taxes, and not only would any republican president have signed it but he had nothing to do with crafting the legislation. Republicans in congress were repeatedly reported calling him a moron and all kinds of names talking about how little he understood the bill, and he made that obvious every time he opened his mouth. You never heard him talk about anything he wanted to see in the bill, all he ever talked about was getting it done so he could have a “win”.

Other then that what do we have, judges? All he did was fill the openings Mitch McConnell left for him by denying all of Obama’s nominees. And when it came to Covid, to say his handling could have been better is an egregious under statement. The man took a pandemic and made it all about himself. To say my little sister could have done better is not an exaggeration, we would have been better with no president at all.

Lastly with NK, I just don’t get how anyone could look back at that time as anything other than a total embarrassment. Setting the childish and pathetic tweets aside, the rambled about how the two fell in love, and he completely ignored when NK murdered an American, sending him back in a coma. And all of it for what? NK continued with its nuclear program giving up nothing despite all the talks.

Sorry for the mouthful, but I just don’t get how anyone could see his time in office as anything other than an embarrassment not just for the US but for humanity.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
You don’t think threatening nuclear war over Twitter talking about “my button is bigger than yours”,
"I think what you're going to see is that Russia will be held accountable if it invades. And it depends on what it does. It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and then we end up having a fight about what to do and not do." -Biden

THIS is Deplorable.

using his platform as president to attack celebrities, calling the press the enemy of the people,
Using celebrities and junk news infotainment outlets like CNN to promote elite central planners with cringy propaganda is something North Korea does.
It's Deplorable. 

or lying about things so simple as the crowd size at his inauguration is deplorable?
It's impossible to lie about an opinion. It may have been the largest he had ever seen. So what? Agree to disagree, don't burn down a city over it.
The overreacting response to some of Trump's weird and trivial opinions was so ridiculous. National security isn't affected by a president's opinion of his crowd size. Only his political opponents clinging to vapid power should care. Not the people. I don't really care that Biden says stupid things or has weird opinions about his past life, I DO care when he greenlights foreign incursions at American expense.

That overreaction to the Orangeman was absolutely deplorable.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Trump just made us forget that for a while in the mad whirl of his presidency. 

For a lot of people, Trump exposed the blatant lack of professional DC leaders that care about the country or the people.

Doubling down on incompetency wasn't entirely unexpected with Hillary and Biden.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The man took a pandemic and made it all about himself. 
Trump would have NEVER pushed a lie for a year straight that vaxxed people would stop the spread of Omicron knowing full well vaccinated people can transmit the virus. Biden is STILL doing this. Biden doesn't care about the people at all. Forget about the effects of lying to the people to provide a sense of false security though. He would rather see millions of people DIRECTLY punished for defying him than to backtrack a lie that would make him look bad.

There is NO equivalency of the blatant disregard for the people for personal gain.

The closest thing you can even point to is when Trump asked his advisor about internal disinfectants regarding UV light which turned out to be an unworkable idea. He said it was something we should look into.

He NEVER said "do this," or you are "on the wrong side of history..."

And don't EVEN get me started on Fauci, the guy who DEFINITELY made the pandemic all about himself...
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
"I think what you're going to see is that Russia will be held accountable if it invades. And it depends on what it does. It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and then we end up having a fight about what to do and not do." -Biden

THIS is Deplorable.
Whataboutisms aside, the conversation was about Trump's *conduct*. None of this is an example of that.

And no it's not comparable to the things I just pointed out and not on its own deplorable. What did Biden mean when he talked about a minor incursion? Do you even care? No, because you can pretend it meant whatever you wanted it to mean so that you can pretend it's as bad as anything Trump had done or said.

Using celebrities and junk news infotainment outlets like CNN to promote elite central planners with cringy propaganda is something North Korea does.
It's Deplorable. 
Politicians use celebrities all the time. There is nothing wrong with that.

CNN is a reputable news outlet. Just because they tell you what you want to hear doesn't change that.

Calling something propaganda doesn't make it propaganda. This is a silly throw away comment. Bring an actual argument next time.

or lying about things so simple as the crowd size at his inauguration is deplorable?
It's impossible to lie about an opinion.
The number of people who attended the inauguration is not an opinion, it's an objectively verifiable fact.

The overreacting response to some of Trump's weird and trivial opinions was so ridiculous. National security isn't affected by a president's opinion of his crowd size.
No one said it was. The crowd size example is stunning and memorable because it was literally day one and he's already lying to the American people about  something that is so easily verifiably false. It sent a very clear message to the country and the world that this man would never take his responsibility to be honest seriously. This is not only a man who will piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, but laugh at you while he's doing it. And the fact that this was something so trivial only makes it worse. Not only was there no reason he needed to lie about this, but it goes to show what kind of nonsense is taking up space in the head of the man we just handed control of our nuclear codes.

Not that any of this was surprising of course, anyone who followed the election should have known this was the kind of man he was. It just doesn't make it any less jarring to watch it become reality.

I DO care when he greenlights foreign incursions at American expense.
I love how the political right is all of a sudden so concerned with Russia.

Biden isn't about to hold a private meeting with Putin with no Americans in the room except a translator who will be sworn to secrecy and whose notes Biden will confiscate to never be seen by anyone. To all of a sudden worry that he's the one who will do nothing to Putin is absurd.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
CNN is a reputable news outlet.
Lol It's not April 1 yet. STAHP

No one said it was. The crowd size example is stunning and memorable because it was literally day one and he's already lying to the American people about  something that is so easily verifiably false. It sent a very clear message to the country and the world that this man would never take his responsibility to be honest seriously.

Fair enough. At least nobody took Biden seriously with his lies about being arrested and his Bull Connor speech when he recently tried to destroy state rights and the purpose of the Senate.

I don't care about Russia. I care that Biden is going to sacrifice millions of Americans to save his skin like he already has during the Omicron outbreak.

This isn't a left/right thing anymore. Biden has fucked over everyone on both sides.
FLRW
FLRW
Vladimir Putin personally authorised a secret spy agency operation to support a “mentally unstable” Donald Trump in the 2016 US presidential election during a closed session of Russia’s national security council, according to what are assessed to be leaked Kremlin documents.
The key meeting took place on 22 January 2016, the papers suggest, with the Russian president, his spy chiefs and senior ministers all present.

They agreed a Trump White House would help secure Moscow’s strategic objectives, among them “social turmoil” in the US and a weakening of the American president’s negotiating position.
Russia’s three spy agencies were ordered to find practical ways to support Trump, in a decree appearing to bear Putin’s signature.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Cool story Bro. Hope you are in line for the Draft when Biden goes to war to save his own wrinkly ass.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Nah, remember that I'm as old as Trump. I got out of the draft because of bone spurs like he did.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Cool. You can send in all the people you don't care about to die for your wrinkle god then.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I also love how the leftist elites are suddenly all "concerned" about the sanctity of National Borders.

What a convenient excuse to deflect from a string of abject policy failures.

I'm afraid Biden is going to do something irrational and costly for America because he is already at the point where he is screaming at leftist journalists in anger. Who knows what he will do next to save his skin? 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump would have NEVER pushed a lie for a year straight that vaxxed people would stop the spread of Omicron knowing full well vaccinated people can transmit the virus. Biden is STILL doing this. Biden doesn't care about the people at all. Forget about the effects of lying to the people to provide a sense of false security though. He would rather see millions of people DIRECTLY punished for defying him than to backtrack a lie that would make him look bad.
The idea that Trump wouldn't push any lie for a year straight is laughable to put it politely. The man is still lying about having won the 2020 election. Still.

No one has been saying for the past year that vaccines would stop the spread of Omicron because it hasn't even been on anyone's radar for a year.

And no, Biden is not doing this. That's your confirmation bias taking over as usual. Provide one example of your BS so I can show you what he actually said.

If you want an real example of someone lying to provide a false sense of security about covid listen to the Trump/Woodward phone call where Trump told Bob out of his own mouth that this is what he was doing.

And about a president who would rather see people punished for defying him rather than backtrack a lie... WTF? Do you even know which one you're talking about? This was literally Trump's MO. It's the very reason why every Republican in Washington is still scared of him and still has to lie to appease him.

Is this post satire or are you being serious?

There is NO equivalency of the blatant disregard for the people for personal gain.
That was Trump's entire strategy for dealing with covid. Remember when he stopped the daily covid press briefings because he didn't like the news coverage he was getting? Remember when he stood up on the podium and told the world he wasn't going to listen to his own health experts on masks because it "wasn't for him"? Remember when he defied every health expert in the country holding packed rally after rally to bolster his reelection campaign?

The man never cared about a damn thing other than himself.

And if you want a better example of him disregarding the people for his own personal gain let's once again talk about his 2020 election lie. The man is literally taking the country to the brink of a civil war because he cannot admit that he lost.

He does not care about anything other than himself.

And don't EVEN get me started on Fauci, the guy who DEFINITELY made the pandemic all about himself...
A Fauci meme? Are you serious? If I wanted a conversation this dumbed down I'd be on Twitter.

To say Fauci made the pandemic all about himself is just obscenely offensively stupid. The man is an imunologist and an advisor. He leads one agency, has no actual political power and no political ambitions. What he does have is decades of experience dealing with public health crisis's going back to aids during the Reagan administration. The fact that you guys have made him your Boogeyman is the prime demonstration of how warped your minds have become.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I also love how the leftist elites are suddenly all "concerned" about the sanctity of National Borders.
The Mexican government is not sending troops to take over and claim SanDiego as their land.

These are not remotely the same issue, but that's what happens when you rely so heavily on hyperbolic language, you don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
And about a president who would rather see people punished for defying him rather than backtrack a lie... WTF? Do you even know which one you're talking about? This was literally Trump's MO.
Biden specifically asked elite corporations to fire people who wouldn't get vaccinated claiming it would stop the spread. With Biden you have not just a lie, but malice toward the public.

Show me any American hurt anywhere near as close as the millions of people that lost their job due to Biden's influence.

There's no chance in hell Trump would have ever asked corporations to fire people that disagreed with his lies. But you elected this aloof dimwit who actually did it.
Not only did he get them fired, but he almost got away with using OSHA to force even more to suffer for his lies. Nobody lost their job because they disagreed with Trump. Show me one who did to compare with the millions against Biden's bodycount.

These are not remotely the same issue,
You're right. When it comes to our borders, illegal invaders are a good thing. With Ukraine it's a baaad thing. Leftist hypocrisy on full display.

I mean why shouldn't Ukraine feel morally obligated to accept all those Russian "refugees" riding around in rusty tanks?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden specifically asked elite corporations to fire people who wouldn't get vaccinated claiming it would stop the spread. With Biden you have not just a lie, but malice toward the public.

Show me any American hurt anywhere near as close as the millions of people that lost their job due to Biden's influence.

There's no chance in hell Trump would have ever asked corporations to fire people that disagreed with his lies. But you elected this aloof dimwit who actually did it.
Do you believe that the guy who pushes an old lady to the ground for fun, and the guy who pushes an old lady to the ground to get her out of the way of an oncoming bus are the same because in both cases… they pushed an old lady to the ground?

Because that’s exactly what you sound like.

Disagreeing with Biden’s position and policy regarding vaccine mandates is one thing, it’s another to pretend that he was doing it out of some childish and narcissistic need for people to follow his orders instead of, I don’t know, a pandemic that’s killed nearly one million Americans.

But then again, I guess when you’ve spent the prior 4 years supportive of a man who actually was this childish, who actually was this narcissistic, who actually was willing to burn down the whole country for the sake of saving his own ego, I can see how that would warp ones mind to the point where you actually believe that this is normal, making the former a simple explanation.

It’s insane, but ok.

You're right. When it comes to our borders, illegal invaders are a good thing. With Ukraine it's a baaad thing. Leftist hypocrisy on full display.
I just explained why these two things are nothing alike, and your response is to continue pushing the same caricature while proclaiming that you’re into some kind of hypocrisy?

This just isn’t serious.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
Do you fear Trump so much that he should be banned from running in the first place?

Would it not bring your position more credence if you beat him on the issues rather than personally attacking him at every front?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
who actually was willing to burn down the whole country for the sake of saving his own ego,

None of America burned except in Liberal states that refused help from Trump. (to save their own egos)

Again, where is the comparison of the millions of people Biden mandated out of a job to cover his ass about a lie regarding vaccines?

That's actual suffering to Americans a president caused just to save his own skin. (he still says he is overperforming, I bet you're gullible enough to  believe that lie as well)

It's kinda funny though because every single one of those Americans affected stopped being a Democrat after that betrayal.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
CNBC did a polling of only Democrats and found 5% thought he was doing better than they expected as president. It's so hard to fathom that people like that exist in America even if they are 5 percenters.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Last 4 years leftist media was boring all saying the same thing running off the same script with no original thought. Now it's actually fun to see the infighting between deluded Biden loyalists and people with a brain.

Some of the leftist MSM are downright nasty describing Biden. I love it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
The reason Trump should be banned from running again is because he completely violated his oath to protect and defend the United States. My fear of what a second term for Trump would do to this country is a completely separate issue.

Credence is not part of the equation with Trump. We already beat him in 2020 and he’s still running around the country claiming he won with nearly half the country believing him. With Trump it has nothing to do with issues, that’s why the Republican Party abandoned its own platform instead just pledging to do whatever Trump says.

And this idea that “attacking him at every front” is some kind of substitute for beating him on the issues is nonsense. We attack him where being attacked is warranted. It never ceases to amaze me watching the right wing constantly attack Biden for things that were not even half as bad as Trump on his best day.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
None of America burned except in Liberal states that refused help from Trump. (to save their own egos)
*sigh* Another whataboutism regarding the summer riots. Gee I didn’t see that coming.

Again, where is the comparison of the millions of people Biden mandated out of a job to cover his ass about a lie regarding vaccines?

That's actual suffering to Americans a president caused just to save his own skin.
Do you believe that the guy who pushes an old lady to the ground for fun, and the guy who pushes an old lady to the ground to get her out of the way of an oncoming bus are the same because in both cases… they pushed an old lady to the ground?

Because that’s exactly what you sound like.

Disagreeing with Biden’s position and policy regarding vaccine mandates is one thing, it’s another to pretend that he was doing it out of some childish and narcissistic need for people to follow his orders instead of, I don’t know, a pandemic that’s killed nearly one million Americans.

I’m willing to bet you didn’t  even notice that this was copied and pasted from before, because clearly you are not reading my responses with the intent of absorbing my point. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Last 4 years leftist media was boring all saying the same thing running off the same script with no original thought.
2+2=4 is not an original thought, that doesn’t mean the media should report that it equals something else.

This is the difference between left wing media vs right wing media. Enjoy your original and exciting reporting, I’ll stick to networks that care about reality no matter how dull or unoriginal it is.

Some of the leftist MSM are downright nasty describing Biden. I love it.
Again, this is what it looks like when your media outlet cares about reality. Right wing media would never criticize the dear leader.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
to pretend that he was doing it out of some childish and narcissistic need for people to follow his orders instead of, I don’t know,
But that wasn't the case at all. Millions of people lost their jobs over vax mandates probably not just because admitting the vaccine lie would have made him look bad politically but because he actually believes the lie. He doesn't really care what the people think about him, he even said so in his own presser.

"I don't believe the polls." -Biden

He lives in his own little world far from you and me. It's not narcissism. It's apathy. He actually doesn't need your validation like a typical narcissist. The country would have been better off if at least he did. The best politicians are narcissists because your validation matters. Right now, there's nothing you can say to him that means anything. Like I said in your other thread. You know deep down if you had the opportunity to present your OP to Biden face to face that he most certainly would hurl insults at you.

Again, this is what it looks like when your media outlet cares about reality.
So do you laugh as hard as I do when leftist MSM claim Biden cares about America?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You continue to repeat the same claim with no justification and despite a much simpler alternative available. This is the definition of unreasonable.

Vaccine mandates are recommended and supported by nearly every health expert in the country. Thus, a president imposing one needs no further explanation as to his motivations. In fact not imposing one, would.

You claim he won’t admit to some vaccine lie. If it’s all a lie it is being parroted by nearly every health expert in the world, making the claim absurd on its face, before we even get to whatever you claim this lie is (which I guarantee will be a strawman).

You claim he doesn’t care what people think about him, but the statement you cited does not in any way support that claim. Not believing what the polls say does not = not caring. And BTW I hate to break this to you but this isn’t the first time we’ve had a president who didn’t believe what the polls say, but for some reason that never mattered to you before. Strange.

Provide an actual argument for why you think Biden is imposing these mandates. So far all you’ve come up with are ad hoc overly complicated assertions of his character while ignoring the obvious answers right in front of your face.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The CDC hasn't taken the stance that the vaccine stops the spread of Covid for almost a year when the preliminary stats on Delta came out. That was the lie that the mandates were based on. That it would stop the spread with Biden's perplexing, unfounded claim "protect the vaccinated from the non-vaccinated". That lie, the one the CDC never backed up.
Forget the obvious reality of the rampaging Omicron among the vaccinated today. Biden knew it was a lie for a long time months ago when Delta was killing hundreds of thousands and the original vaxx was next to useless. It was a lie that promoted all sorts of retarded policies such as entrance to venues with either a vaxx card or a negative Covid test, when the CDC already debunked the lie that neither of those were co-dependant. So you had infected people with vaxx cards sitting next to unvaccinated people who tested negative for Covid. What a recipe for death, mayhem and destruction based on a lie.

It's a perpetuating lie, as even you don't trust the CDC on this point either. Rather choosing to trust Biden who would shit on your face if you were to meet in person and discuss policy changes.

Not believing what the polls say does not = not caring.
Yeah, it does. If all he believes are the 5 percenters like you who think he is overperforming as he claims, then he is telling the other 95 percent to fuck off.

"He's no longer seen as competent and effective, no longer seen as a good commander-in-chief, or perhaps most damaging, as easy-going and likable. In fact, just 5% of adults say Mr. Biden has performed better than expected as president, one of the many lowest firsts and fewest in our poll,"

-Chuck Todd

"I want Biden to do well but America is in trouble"

-Trump

"I don't believe in polls"
-Biden
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The CDC hasn't taken the stance that the vaccine stops the spread of Covid for almost a year when the preliminary stats on Delta came out. That was the lie that the mandates were based on. That it would stop the spread with Biden's perplexing, unfounded claim "protect the vaccinated from the non-vaccinated".
The idea was that *if* enough Americans got vaccinated, that would effectively stop the spread, but there were caveats to this that everyone who actually cared about science and reality understood;

1. That we didn’t know what the percentage for heard immunity would be. What we had were estimates, the lowest of which were in the 70’s.

2. There was always the threat of a more potent variant which would change everything.

Regarding #1, we never got to the rates of vaccination needed even in the lowest estimates because of right wing America. Regarding #2 nothing was known about Omicron when the mandates took place.

So the issue here is not that Biden lied, he didn’t. The issue is that as usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about and just keep parroting the nonsense you hear on Tucker Carlson or whatever right wing propaganda network you watch. 

Biden knew it was a lie for a long time months ago when Delta was killing hundreds of thousands and the original vaxx was next to useless.
“Two dose vaccine effectiveness was 86.7% against infection with the delta variant…

Vaccine effectiveness against hospital admission with the delta variant was 97.5%. Vaccine effectiveness against infection with the delta variant declined from 94.1% 14-60 days after vaccination to 80.0% 151-180 days after vaccination”

If 80% effectiveness is useless you don’t know what that word means.

Not believing what the polls say does not = not caring.
Yeah, it does. If all he believes are the 5 percenters like you who think he is overperforming as he claims, then he is telling the other 95 percent to fuck off.
"By the way, you have a poll coming out," Trump said during his hour and a half-long speech. "I want to know what it is. You know they do that straw poll, right?"

"Now, if it's bad, I just say it's fake," Trump said, drawing laughter from the crowd. "If it's good, I say that's the most accurate poll, perhaps ever."

This is why it’s so ridiculous to converse with you. For the prior four years we had a president who called every single poll he didn’t like fake and literally joked about it. You had no problem with any of that. But now all of a sudden Biden is president and here you are pretending to be outraged over the idea of  a president not believing what the polls say. Hypocrisy doesn’t even describe this. You’re not a real person, all that smack you talk about people being brainwashed is pure projection.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
you have no idea what you’re talking about and just keep parroting the nonsense you hear on Tucker Carlson 

"He's no longer seen as competent and effective, no longer seen as a good commander-in-chief, or perhaps most damaging, as easy-going and likable. In fact, just 5% of adults say Mr. Biden has performed better than expected as president, one of the many lowest firsts and fewest in our poll,"

-Chuck Todd

Welcome to the world of Chuck Todd's 5 percenters.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Everything I just said and that is where your mind leapt to? I should be surprised, but of course I’m not.

Chuck Todd’s assessment of a poll on Biden has nothing to do with this conversation, but of course that’s all you want to talk about because you’re obsessed with Biden’s poll numbers.

The 5% number you keep referencing are those who think Biden is doing a better job than expected. That is a useless question for determining ones popularity. But it sounds terrible so of course your confirmation bias will hold into it for dear life.

I haven’t said anything in this thread and probably not even anything on this site regarding my thoughts on Biden’s performance, so claiming I am of the 5% is yet another example of your confirmation bias leading to completely baseless claims (which is just a fancy way of saying your claims are bullshit).

Let me know when you want to have a serious conversation about reality.