MMA Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Total: 285
Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
I cannot edit a post, but meant to say ancestors.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Incel-chud
Sup Putin 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
It's late and it's been a long day, so I'll keep my thoughts brief tonight.

I don't know the text of RM's PM, though it is possible that it reveals something important about the theme split. Nonetheless, there seems to be some tension regarding which martial arts would fall into the scum camp based on his analysis, which Incel claims to have narrowed down to just one set of possibilities based on his PM. The theory seems a bit complicated and its plausibility relies on their having some information that has yet to be fully clarified, but at minimum it's worth considering. That being said, I'm not supporting a mass claim of any sort at this stage. Seen too many times where that strategy backfired.

When I spoke to your ancestors in the burning bush and referred to myself as "I am", what do you think I meant?
Doesn't seem pertinent to this game and I'm not interested in engaging with... whatever this is.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I'm pretty sure RM just has a hunch about the theme.
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
Glad I'm not too late to the party.

Saw some discussion over what the theme split is for this Mafia, so I want to contribute something.

- My Martial Art has not been mentioned in any discussions
- It is not a power role
- Relies on disarming your opponent
- Town
- The description was focused on the uses of the martial art.

Hope this helps in something

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
Doesn't seem pertinent to this game and I'm not interested in engaging with... whatever this is.
Consider it a soft claim. Either in this game or on the identity of the messiah. Your choice. I am the only martial art mentioned in the Bereishit though
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@Incel-chud
After some research, I have deduced "bereishit" to mean the opening passage of the Book of Genesis, or more precisely "In a beginning..."

I'm going to assume this means that your martial art is Jewish in origin, and I'm going to guess your MMA is Krav Maga.

I'm not entirely confident about that though, so here's some meanings of bereshit if you guys want to find another alternative.

I do believe Incel is town, because after looking into the Krav Maga philosophy:

The Krav Maga philosophy is what separates it from any other traditional or competitive martial art. It can be summarized by the sentence: “Do whatever is needed to cause as much damage as possible to your attacker and get away safely”. That is it. It is as simple and ruthless as it is efficient.
So, I theorize a defensive role from Incel. Someone else might be able to find the exact role

If someone has another theory I'm open to hear it.

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
I took it to mean the entire book of Genesis. I think the word is flexible though
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
It's actually pretty scummy to speculate on a soft claim

Unvote vTL computernerd
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Incel is Town if he is Krav Maga, based on two very important wordings in my description that don't make sense if Krav Maga is scummy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Towards the ending of this day phase (unless a lynch rushes it) I will reveal the real theme split so that in case I die, you are armed with it.

Balance between grappling and striking may be an important factor or mental skill being prominent (not just physical prowess) may be the factor, which includes balance itself being important to the martial art as a side thing. 
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@Incel-chud
So suddenly it's wrong to look for town members? Your soft claim was understandable enough for me to try and get a read on whether I can trust you. I still think you're town, but it's wrong that you're accusing me for trying to prove you town.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ComputerNerd
You didn't try to prove him Town, I'd already hard-cleared Krav Maga. You gave a read on him being a protective PR which only helps Mafia.
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@RationalMadman
Ah. Wrong wording then. But, it does give Town more people to trust. 

If anyone wants me to full-claim I will. My role is pretty obscure when compared with the MMA anyways.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ComputerNerd
I want you to claim your martial art, not your role actually.
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@RationalMadman
That's what I meant. Anyways, my MMA is Aikido. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ComputerNerd
Towny af if it's really your MA.

I will now publicly @ Lunatic to clarify something that will heavily affect how seriously I take Aikido as a viable MA to be in this
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Official Question:

Is this based on MMA that hits rings like UFC-style cage combat or literally all possible martial arts even if they aren't suited to it?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
Which one are you?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
Slow down rational sexyman. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
We should maybe focus on white flame though. He didn't like my claim to divinity. Scum would not like  the fact that if I choose, I can be omniscient. 
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
Won’t be active until I wake up. Try clearing up the MMA’s of everyone and then we can deduce which ones are towny and scummy.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I have had enough of the silence/laziness.

I will tell you the theme split and full claim on Saturday early morning time for most of you here.

You can either claim before and get town cred or fail to.

I am very likely to be roleblocked because martial arts involve blocking quite a bit but because of the theme split it is possible that there is not actually a blocker on the mafia team, rather a strongman is and I will die.

This is why it is so important for us to not allow scum to drag this day out and why I outed instantly.

My role told me the theme split explicitly almost, I am telling you right now that I can hardcarry town if everybody outs their shit right now.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Official Question:

Is this based on MMA that hits rings like UFC-style cage combat or literally all possible martial arts even if they aren't suited to it?

In the OP I said I won't answer questions in the day phase. However I think it is important to clarify at least that UFC allows all martial arts, so I think it's safe to answer that my primary interest in this theme is because of sports like the UFC, but no, not every Martial Art that may be seen in this game is commonly seen in the UFC based on a low levels of success with the sport (not necessarily meaning they don't have uses outside the sport)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
In fact, I don't understand the interactions from Pie so far at all.

It's like he wants to completely derail the theme analysis despite him having cracked apart other games by theorycrafting them prior to this.

Vtl Ilikepie5, this is not a pressure lynch this is a real suspicion, I am unlikely to unvote no matter what he claims unless it's Sambo, Savate or Kung Fu and isn't a CC to me.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
"He's a snake in the grass"

ComputerNerd- 1 /5- incelchud
ILikePie5- 1 /5- RationalMadman
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Which one are you?
I don’t support a mass character claim
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
It's like he wants to completely derail the theme analysis despite him having cracked apart other games by theorycrafting them prior to this.
The only theme analysis coming is from you. And you supposedly claim that you know the theme based on how your PM is set up.

Yet, you haven’t exactly told us what the theme, instead waiting till Saturday for no good reason .

You still haven’t claimed your role even thought everyone knows you’re a PR. You’re gonna be roleblocked regardless.

You hold no credibility at the moment.

On a side note, I solved that game in DP2 when certain information was set in stone.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
@Mharman
@That2User
Comments?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->