This website is Russia-owned. What is our official stance on the Russian genocide of Ukraine?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 81
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
It would serve you well to stop getting so furious over a forum thread and perhaps either calm down and get anger management therapy or channel that anger towards the genocidal actions of Putin's regime. You really are so mad over nothing. It is sad to watch.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Just so we all understand what is your stance on George Bush Jr. Is he responsible for war crimes?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Athias
The user therefore has the entire website's server data and functionality dependent on Russian law.
Anyone with decent browser extensions or the inclination to conduct a google search can determine that this website's servers aren't located anywhere near Russia.
That isn't so easy to confirm, it's routing through cloudflare.

The metrics JS is from russian yandex locations: https://mc.yandex.ru/metrika/tag.js
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Which is headquartered in San Fransisco, California (United States)--immune from Russian law.

The metrics JS is from russian yandex locations: https://mc.yandex.ru/metrika/tag.js
Yes, yandex is one of the server-side scripts used by this web site in addition to the British India-Ocean Territory's "sentry." Please outline what a scripting language has to do with a server's location?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Athias
Which is headquartered in San Fransisco, California (United States)--immune from Russian law.
You uh, don't know the difference between tunneling and hosting do you?
Athias
Athias
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
As a matter of fact, I do. (I knew what you meant when you opted to say "routed" rather than "hosted.") Nevertheless, it's inconsequential as the listed server for this website is run by a U.S. company.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Athias
As a matter of fact, I do. (I knew what you meant when you opted to say "routed" rather than "hosted.") Nevertheless, it's inconsequential as the listed server for this website is run by a U.S. company.
Well no, the way it works is if your server (whether host or proxy) is within a country they can come down on you, order you to shut off, and arrest you if you happen to be a citizen or present.

So USA & California could order cloudflare to stop serving. Russian Federation (if the host is there) could order the website censored or removed. It's about who can show up with guns.

USA & California can show up to cloudflare data-center with guns. Russian Federation can show up to a physical location in Russia (and now parts of Ukraine) with guns.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Cloudflare is a proxy that protects against DDoSing, he is not literally running the servers of the website there, instead they process from what has passed through cloudflare. 

To prove this, if you do your so called advanced search, you would find the proxies spread through brazil and netherlands too at times, meaning this website has a secure proxy protection layer to its servers.
Athias
Athias
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well no, the way it works is if your server (whether host or proxy) is within a country they can come down on you, order you to shut off, and arrest you if you happen to be a citizen or present.

So USA & California could order cloudflare to stop serving. Russian Federation (if the host is there) could order the website censored or removed. It's about who can show up with guns.

USA & California can show up to cloudflare data-center with guns. Russian Federation can show up to a physical location in Russia (and now parts of Ukraine) with guns.
This is nothing more than conjecture. Other than the presence of a yandex "script," on what are you basing your "if it's in Russia" hypothetical?
Athias
Athias
Cloudflare is a proxy that protects against DDoSing, he is not literally running the servers of the website there
Non sequitur. This is what ADoL meant by tunneling. Cloudfare provides access to the servers, encrypted notwithstanding, and Cloudfare is a U.S. company. This undermines your nonsense statement that this website is owned by and ran in Russia.

To prove this, if you do your so called advanced search, you would find the proxies spread through brazil and netherlands too at times,
This does not at all prove that the site is ran in and owned by Russia.

meaning this website has a secure proxy protection layer to its servers.
Call the cops!

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
It is amusing that you really feel like you've made a good point at any point in this entire thread.

Your anger doesn't equal the validity of what you're saying.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm kinda confused:

Why do we need a site stance?
Would the owner have any reason to lie about his residence?

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Athias
I'm 60% sure this website is hosted in Russia.

Before Mike started using Cloudflare, it was hosted at a data center in Russia.

He might've moved to another IP address/hosting before moving to Cloudflare though, so like 60%.

Athias
Athias
-->
@BearMan
I'm 60% sure this website is hosted in Russia.

Before Mike started using Cloudflare, it was hosted at a data center in Russia.

He might've moved to another IP address/hosting before moving to Cloudflare though, so like 60%.
So, in other words, you're not sure. And that means, you don't know.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
We are either for or against the genocide. There is no neutral option if our brains function sufficiently.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Athias
It does mean I'm not sure, but I can make an educated guess.

It's likely that this website is hosted in Russia, but there's a large chance that it isn't.

14 days later

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@BearMan
It's not though, the server and everything else is in the uk, I don't trust Russia with that. Only the domain was bought in Russia simply coz it was cheaper. 
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@DebateArt.com
Ah ok
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@zedvictor4
The server and everything else is in the UK, I don't trust Russia with that.

Sing this out loud with your hand on your chest the whole time and I will believe you.

Deliver proof to Zedvictor5 on the DMs, a trusted--REDACTED--
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Athias
So, in other words, you're not sure. And that means, you don't know.
It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.
Well stated.